Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simming Community

Post by itsamekayland »

my_gripes wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:10 pm
okay-sis wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 am
So what does everyone think of the Game Changers coming out and talking about skintones? I appreciate they are using their voice to speak up but also irks me because this has been an issue since the game first came out. :/
White people are just now realizing things in 2020, apparently. :roll:
Realizing what? Our cowplants need names? 😂🐸☕️

mermaidish
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mermaidish »

James and Deli started a “lifestyle” channel on YT. :|

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

itsamekayland wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:47 am
okay-sis wrote:
So what does everyone think of the Game Changers coming out and talking about skintones? I appreciate they are using their voice to speak up but also irks me because this has been an issue since the game first came out. :/
It honestly rubs me the wrong way. Black simblrs who also happen to be game changers have been begging for a change. No one listened. Savvysweet has a post that explains everything and honestly that re-lit a fire in me. "We have to talk about skintones" oh NOW we have to talk about skintones? The game was released in 2014. The brown population been knew. We've been waiting on skintones. We've been waiting on textured hair too. But now that it's popular to be "woke", white creators "speak up". You speak up now..? After ignoring your fellow black game changers?
Yeah, not to mention that Xmiramira made the melanin packs in 20-fucking-16. Shouldn't that have been enough for people to realise that the Sims is severely lacking in skintones and make up?

I know EA is the main persons(?) we should call out but I can't help but get really irked that lilsimsie whined about cowplants not having having names but be silent on the lack of skintones and make up until some other big name YTer talked about it.

I don't know man but EA and gamechangers (mainly the YTer ones) are really starting to piss me off. It's just really obvious who gets listened and who gets ignored now.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

mermaidish wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:06 am
James and Deli started a “lifestyle” channel on YT. :|
I saw this one coming xD

itsamekayland
Lurker
Lurker

Post by itsamekayland »

okay-sis wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:11 am
itsamekayland wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:47 am
okay-sis wrote:
It honestly rubs me the wrong way. Black simblrs who also happen to be game changers have been begging for a change. No one listened. Savvysweet has a post that explains everything and honestly that re-lit a fire in me. "We have to talk about skintones" oh NOW we have to talk about skintones? The game was released in 2014. The brown population been knew. We've been waiting on skintones. We've been waiting on textured hair too. But now that it's popular to be "woke", white creators "speak up". You speak up now..? After ignoring your fellow black game changers?
Yeah, not to mention that Xmiramira made the melanin packs in 20-fucking-16. Shouldn't that have been enough for people to realise that the Sims is severely lacking in skintones and make up?

I know EA is the main persons(?) we should call out but I can't help but get really irked that lilsimsie whined about cowplants not having having names but be silent on the lack of skintones and make up until some other big name YTer talked about it.

I don't know man but EA and gamechangers (mainly the YTer ones) are really starting to piss me off. It's just really obvious who gets listened and who gets ignored now.
I just lil simsie's recent video about skin colors and once again...we been knew! She doesn't care nor does she understand. One of the commenters mentioned they asked her multiple times to cover the topic but she kept ignoring it. How very sad and predictable

lizaevie90
Learner
Learner

Post by lizaevie90 »

Just after the whole thing with the cowplant wasn't the time for kayla to make this video (I mean, 4 years ago would have been the time).

I got especially annoyed since it seemed a copy of Plumbella's video which in turn seemed to follow a similar script to Carmen's video. I believe the person starting the petition is well known in the community but it was odd how similar their scripts were - they all mentioned 'my platform', all mentioned a couple of specific mods - an all made it seem like the video was their own idea, giving no indication that they may have been in contact or have been contacted by anyone and Kayla, I'm pretty sure, didn't even mention Plumbella who had literally just made the same video.

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

lizaevie90 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 am
Just after the whole thing with the cowplant wasn't the time for kayla to make this video (I mean, 4 years ago would have been the time).

I got especially annoyed since it seemed a copy of Plumbella's video which in turn seemed to follow a similar script to Carmen's video. I believe the person starting the petition is well known in the community but it was odd how similar their scripts were - they all mentioned 'my platform', all mentioned a couple of specific mods - an all made it seem like the video was their own idea, giving no indication that they may have been in contact or have been contacted by anyone and Kayla, I'm pretty sure, didn't even mention Plumbella who had literally just made the same video.

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

Sorry I don't know why it didn't add my quote. My internet is awful.

Carmen's video was really good actual. Straight to the point and she made a skintone in less then 10 minutes. What is EA's God awful excuse?

MicaBelen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MicaBelen »

James is being to lazy these days. It's like his girlfriend is more important than the channel and its really pissing me off. Yes its kinda cute that they are in love but youtubers want that everyone consider their jobs like real jobs but they can go throu weeks without uplouds.

I hope you understand something that i said im not a native speaker 😭

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

MicaBelen wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 am
James is being to lazy these days. It's like his girlfriend is more important than the channel and its really pissing me off. Yes its kinda cute that they are in love but youtubers want that everyone consider their jobs like real jobs but they can go throu weeks without uplouds.

Um. Do you personally sign his checks or something? This is a very strange and entitled take.

tinnie
Learner
Learner

Post by tinnie »

James did say his lack of content was because he was re-designing his website. Sure, if he and Deli end up posting more on their shared channel than their individual channels I won't be happy about it, but it's not like I can ever get through all of James' old videos so no judgment here.

Beef Tentacles
Learner
Learner

Post by Beef Tentacles »

Jesus, lilsimsies new video was awful. How many times does she have to repeat "it's my birthday" we get it dude lol. It's like when she fake cries to get money on twitch. Does she just want her fans to praise her? Her content is boring and her personality is that of an 8th grader.

redflavor
Stalker
Stalker

Post by redflavor »

i've been watching lilsimsie since 2017 (right before she went to college and started to stream) and honestly i think she needs help. i'm not trying to play doctor or anything but i'm really concerned for her - especially how she's been saying that her mental health is really bad lately. i think she has way too much on her plate and is burned out. i can't even imagine how she managed to stream, post a video and attend college at the same time.

i feel like if she slowed down a little and started to post let's say 3-4 times a week she would regain some passion for the game. it's good that her boyfriend edits her videos, so that's one thing off her plate. on the other hand i never really thought they had any chemistry? like their relationship seems very random to me and there's always been something uncanny about the guy.

i see a lot of people complaining about her videos and i personally think that she's trying to be sarcastic and "funny' with all the whining etc but she's doing it very tastelessly which annoys people and i can see why.

her streams are a whole different thing lol i feel like it's just a circle jerk of her and her mods sharing that poor sarcastic sense of humor and enabling themselves. she's clearly very controlling and gets upset very easily if someone in the chat says something she didn't want to see.

idk i guess i just wanted to vent a little bit since i've been following her for a while and while her channel has been growing steadily i've been feeling like the content has been getting less enjoyable and a little pretentious, i feel like she's lost herself in the whole workaholic thing and now puts out videos only for the sake of them being posted

Vulgari
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Vulgari »

Lilsimsie is honestly the worst she's been in her recent "pizza hut"-video, in fact, she's literally really rude? I lost count of how many times she said it "looked absolutely disgusting" and "so bad" and "it's so ugly" etc. She's so extremely negative in the video, where is even the entertainment? :?

my_gripes wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:02 am
MicaBelen wrote:

Um. Do you personally sign his checks or something? This is a very strange and entitled take.

DO YOU sign his check or something yourself or? They simply commented on how Youtubers want their jobs to be considered "real jobs" like, you know, a 9 to 5, while having a certainly more flexible schedule and lucrative income. If the Youtuber want their "job" to be considered a "real job" then they have to, no matter what, deliver whatever is expected from them, on time. Their income is from their fanbase/viewers watching their ads and sponsored videos so let MicaBelen speak their mind.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

I made the mistake of watching Kayla's animal crossing stream a few days ago and out of the blue she just started snapping at people about the postal service and immigration (apparently Dan wants to move over from the UK) when they were just asking innocent questions. She got so defensive and shitty at everyone that I just ended up turning it off. Usually her AC streams are more relaxed but this was just exhausting to watch. It feels like she's always having a bad day and about to snap, idk why she even bothers streaming or how she even has viewers left when she makes even animal crossing insufferably whiny and stressful to watch.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

Vulgari wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:26 pm
Lilsimsie is honestly the worst she's been in her recent "pizza hut"-video, in fact, she's literally really rude? I lost count of how many times she said it "looked absolutely disgusting" and "so bad" and "it's so ugly" etc. She's so extremely negative in the video, where is even the entertainment? :?

my_gripes wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:02 am
MicaBelen wrote:

DO YOU sign his check or something yourself or? They simply commented on how Youtubers want their jobs to be considered "real jobs" like, you know, a 9 to 5, while having a certainly more flexible schedule and lucrative income. If the Youtuber want their "job" to be considered a "real job" then they have to, no matter what, deliver whatever is expected from them, on time. Their income is from their fanbase/viewers watching their ads and sponsored videos so let MicaBelen speak their mind.
Did I say they couldn't speak their mind? "It's like his girlfriend is more important than the channel and its really pissing me off." This is an entitled ass take and I'll speak my mind on that. I said what I said.

queequeg19
Debater
Debater

Post by queequeg19 »

redflavor wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:53 pm
i've been watching lilsimsie since 2017 (right before she went to college and started to stream) and honestly i think she needs help. i'm not trying to play doctor or anything but i'm really concerned for her - especially how she's been saying that her mental health is really bad lately. i think she has way too much on her plate and is burned out. i can't even imagine how she managed to stream, post a video and attend college at the same time.

i feel like if she slowed down a little and started to post let's say 3-4 times a week she would regain some passion for the game. it's good that her boyfriend edits her videos, so that's one thing off her plate. on the other hand i never really thought they had any chemistry? like their relationship seems very random to me and there's always been something uncanny about the guy.

i see a lot of people complaining about her videos and i personally think that she's trying to be sarcastic and "funny' with all the whining etc but she's doing it very tastelessly which annoys people and i can see why.

her streams are a whole different thing lol i feel like it's just a circle jerk of her and her mods sharing that poor sarcastic sense of humor and enabling themselves. she's clearly very controlling and gets upset very easily if someone in the chat says something she didn't want to see.

idk i guess i just wanted to vent a little bit since i've been following her for a while and while her channel has been growing steadily i've been feeling like the content has been getting less enjoyable and a little pretentious, i feel like she's lost herself in the whole workaholic thing and now puts out videos only for the sake of them being posted
I unsubscribed last week as the Pizza Hut was the last straw. I realised that whilst i learnt how to build better from her in terms of strucutre and how to make it more than a box, overall she isn't a good builder and her buulding and interior design are awful.

I get frustrated at how they layout the house and the obvious things that aren't put in the house. Another (very petty) complaint is that so many builders on Youtube are allergic to making smaller rooms and spilting the living area (kitchen, living room, dining room) into multple rooms. I think it was in one of Simsie's videos that she had the room to make a proper living space but she made a living room with a giant ass rug and shoved two massive sofas in there and was going on about how there was no room. Girl, remove one sofa and move the other further forward and you could fit a 4 person table instead of two and STILL have room.

I know everyone builds differently but jesus christ, think about the home as a livable space or try something different, she has no style or difference between each of her builds as they all look the same. Her and vixella are just as bad as each other at time but at least Vixella isn't a negative and endlessly moany person who i have to turn off 5 minutes in.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

Can someone please tell me what the appeal is with lilsimsie? I’ve literally never watched her, but I’ve seen some of her builds, which seems to be the basis of her content, and she’s basic as hell. Plus everything I’ve read about her personality. For those of you who follow her, why are you all doing this to yourselves? There are so many actually talented and skilled builders in the community who also have fun, engaging, and interesting personalities.

RamonaH
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RamonaH »

my_gripes wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:55 pm
Can someone please tell me what the appeal is with lilsimsie? I’ve literally never watched her, but I’ve seen some of her builds, which seems to be the basis of her content, and she’s basic as hell. Plus everything I’ve read about her personality. For those of you who follow her, why are you all doing this to yourselves? There are so many actually talented and skilled builders in the community who also have fun, engaging, and interesting personalities.
I don't think I'm subscribed anymore but I will tell you why I originally did. I am a horrible builder but wanted to get better. No one I know IRL plays sims so I turned to the internet. None of the tutorials/how-tos were making any sense to me or they would do that thing where they say 'beginner' and use terms that no beginner would understand. Then I found lilsimsie's tutorial of a build and apparently she explained it in a way that made sense to me. The negativity was a bit much for me but I was able to tolerate it enough to just watch a build and try to copy it.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

my_gripes wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:55 pm
Honestly I don't even know what to tell you anymore. I started watching her a little bit before she went to college, because we are pretty close in age I guess I related to her with her anxiety and stuff. Her content was never really a draw to her channel, but I enjoyed watching her because her commentary was about her life and her stories rather than just stating what was happening in the build (which was what pretty much all simmers talked about back then) She had a relatable personality and wasn't so highly strung/irritable as she is now. She was just a little whiny, but I still liked watching her because she was an immature teenager, who struggled with her shitty high school life and coped by playing the sims, and so was I.

Problem is she's 21 now and still acts like the same immature teenager. It seems like even though I've learnt to deal with my mental health and have matured through going to college, she just hasn't? And that's where I get so frustrated with her. Her anxiety is not her fault but she chooses to stream and post on yt every day, she chose to shut herself off from everyone and fast track college, she chose to travel constantly before the pandemic hit.

Now I feel like watching her is just some kind of sunk-cost fallacy thing for me. Even though I'm not subscribed to her anymore I still 'check up' on her channel and stream once in a while, hoping that she's doing better and making better choices but she never does. Every now and again. she shows up on my recommended and I watch a few videos just to see that she hasn't changed at all. The fact that she's decided to play up this annoying, over-reacting teen persona into her twenties as if it's ~quirky~ is just really really grating.

I don't even really come for TS4 anymore, because the fandom and the game itself feels like a total write off to me (if I'm gonna watch sims content I'll likely watch someone like Plumbella or even Amandabb's commentary videos, not builds) but I feel the need to check up on Kayla like a concerned parent or something, lol. There's definitely nothing about her skill, content or personality that would make me choose to follow her based on how she is now.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”