Simming Community

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simming Community

Post by 50 Shades Of Salad »

So I’m kind of living for James’ Sims 2 LP right now. It’s the only LP I’ve been actively watching since he started it. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LucifersConsort
Talker
Talker

Post by LucifersConsort »

50 Shades Of Salad wrote:So I’m kind of living for James’ Sims 2 LP right now. It’s the only LP I’ve been actively watching since he started it. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been loving it so much as well, and I think what makes it so good is that he is so excited about it himself and really gets into it without being too over the top dramatic a la other simmers. It's so refreshing, and also interesting to see how many differences there are in the games.

Post by Guest »

So, I think the redesign is ugly as sin, but man,so many people are overreacting and if I hear this, "Pulling resources" bs about the design taking away from actual content I'm going to cry. This redesign probably took 15 minutes for someone to make and I positive sims 4 has a separate team or person, who does this kind of thing.
I'm sure this redesign didn't break the bank for EA. Hopefully, they just add an option to opt out of the ugly redesign or someone mods it, either way that menu screen and loading screen is not going to stop EA from pumping out something new to sell us, I promise you.

I just wish Sims 4 would add more things to the game instead of little cool things, like Story Mode is cool, but can we get cars? First person is cool, but can we get police officers, firemen & burglars? The three freelance jobs are cool (i sincerely think that) but can we be able to paint the ceilings? Can we get more instruments? Etc.?

I think Sims 4 has one of the more unique base games and because they like to experiment but man, sometimes I just want the little things. I don't always want the "This dev thought this would be cool" all the time. It's the simple things that Sims 4 lacks. I know color wheels won't come, I know that we won't get the open world. But can they add more swatches to the base game hair? I just wish there were more things to make up for the lack of things. Like bigger worlds, since it's not open. More color swatches.

I'm no dev but some of the decisions they make really confuse me.

Especially when they know the community is very outspoken and passionate about the game. I'm also not saying people are wrong for complaining, disliking or whatever.

Rant over.

Post by Guest »

Merpedy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:35 am
my_gripes wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 pm
yeahannie wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:53 pm
butterants wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:56 am

Deli doesnt like the new expansion pack. Does anyone agree with her? I stopped playing for awhile and this doesnt make me want to start playing again
I haven’t played but noticed a theme with Sim (YouTube) Game Changers playing with new content. they over hype the new packs when they first play it at EAplay/Sims camp.

Every time they come back with their prerecorded content it’s always “This is my favorite new pack! I haven’t been this excited in so long.” Or “I was hesitant before but now I’m in love with this pack!”. As soon as the pack is out for the public they suddenly have issues with it.

The game is suddenly missing pieces and it’s not what they thought it was. I know they have a time limit playing the game but? Be honest the first time, especially since it’s things that they would have noticed in the first place.
For some people, myself included, the honeymon phase has to wear off before there is clarity for proper critiquing. I've never gone as far as saying "X is my favorite pack" right of the bat though, because that takes time, and occasionally a thorough evaluation for me. But it's understandable being excited over a shiny new thing, then noticing the flaws once the high has waned.
I honestly don't think this is the case for some of the EA game changers that went there and produced the videos. Since the release I have seen some of them admit that unless you like CAS/building the expansion may be lacking a lot. I think Plumbella even said how the devs seem to focus more on the CAS/building as opposed to actual game play and I personally think that this is pretty evident in the actual game. The main this is - this whole jump from promoting the game (which is what they're meant to do no doubt) to then saying it's not worth the money and actually there's not a whole lot to do with it is... almost dishonest? There's clearly a few of them that waited for the actual release to be completely honest. I mean, at this point I don't think they could do much to change the way the devs/EA are taking this game but being straight up with your audience and saying that it may be a bit weak in some areas may cause for some reconsideration.

I think the main thing with the Sims expansions/game packs/whatever they now call them is that they're overhyped by the community and the youtubers and the 'shiny new stuff' is the explanation. Now that these youtubers have a 'promotional' aspect to their titles... eh. I understand that to promote is to praise the release to no end but a lot of people seem to depend on these early videos to look at the game and if they may like it and when a bunch of these people go back on their evaluation... well lol.

I agree with all of you. Everytime the usual suspects do the same thing, "react to the trailer- Oh my god, YASSS, I love it, look at this and that, I think this may be my favorite X"

Go to an Sims event-"I really loved "x" and I think this is the perfect pack for people who like "Y""

Then as soon as they milk the content for all the videos they can make, "Man, I wish it had this, I'm disappointed by that, this feels like this, LGR I agree with that" Then they go on twitter. I understand that you see more flaws the more time you spend with it, but it's the same situation EVERYTIME is what makes me roll my eyes.

Thats why I just watch an video on mute, of them showing the Gameplay objects, CAS & everything, then I see if it's worth my money. I urge people to research the MILLIONS of videos without someone talking before you make an purchuse. Or else, you'd be complaining on reddit about how you feel ripped off because you just blindly brought something off of hype.

90% of the gamechangers are burnt out, it's been 5 years of the same game, milking it for every single bit of content that you can, Sims is an job to them. I also think it's natural. I've said it before but I'm sure we don't spend HALF as much time with the sims as some of these youtubers.

Then when Sims 5 comes, if it ever comes, it'll be the same thing over again and I don't think I'm along for the ride unless it's NOT the same thing. I haven't got tired of the Sims 4 because I play 2 hours or so maybe every other day when I have time & i'm out. Imagine playing the game, recording it, having to edit it and do that over and over and over again, whilst looking for more things to do.

Post by Guest »

and that's NOT to say that Sims 4 isn't a problem. I love the game but it has a LOT of issues. Sims 3 was an broken mess & even if I felt a lot of what was there was shallow, there was SO MUCH to do. Sims 4 has things that are in-depth, but there's not MUCH to do after you exhaust those things. I love both games nonetheless.

Sims 3 Ep's were chock full of things but alot of it wasn't indepth, Sims 4 Ep's aren't, they expand on one or two things & those two things may be cool and well thought out but there's never a LOT to do.

Plumbob410
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Plumbob410 »

OshinSims a "full time" sim youtuber with 10K subscribers asking her fans to help pay her rent via gofundme. Anyone else find this super cringe?

imsobored
Lurker
Lurker

Post by imsobored »

What do you guys think about the new life simulator, Paralives? Sims competitor or no?

amandack
Learner
Learner

Post by amandack »

Plumbob410 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm
OshinSims a "full time" sim youtuber with 10K subscribers asking her fans to help pay her rent via gofundme. Anyone else find this super cringe?
I didn’t know who this was before I looked into it...
It is a little bit cringe, I hate gofundme in general, but you do make it sound way worse than it is. She’s a stay at home mom to 3 kids who makes some side money from YouTube. Her husband lost his job. She probably doesn’t have anybody else to watch her kids and relied on being a stay at home mom while her husband supported the family.
That being said, again, I hate gofundme and couldn’t imagine asking for help like that. But you make it sound like she’s just a single person who doesn’t want to do anything but YouTube and wants people to help fund that

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

imsobored wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:24 pm
What do you guys think about the new life simulator, Paralives? Sims competitor or no?
I think it could really be up there. Usually indie developers seem to be very involved in their games and don't treat the games as EA would and honestly from a price perspective this is already a huge thing (people are saying that all the packs and the base game are costing up to $400 if fully priced?), they also want to be the game as smooth as possible which means that all those bugs don't need to be fixed by random mods.

I think the obvious issue is that the game seems to be in early-ish/mid development with the build mode being the only 'done' thing (and that is still being tweaked) and a lot of these promotional videos popped up around the time their social medias were created. Game development can take years and I don't know if many people will care much to wait that long or support it for that long, especially if new features aren't popping up constantly. I can't comment on the developers experience in creating/helping (?) to create games but none of them seem to be 'huge' projects.

In all fairness, people have been asking for a competitor to the Sims franchise for a while now and I think it's good someone is willing to jump in to try but it's too early to say much because there's really not that much information.

Post by Guest »

imsobored wrote:
The build tools and the color picker and the open worlds and everything else literally sounds wonderful. But I'm scared, judging by the graphics we've seen already, the people are going to be vey Mii-like and much more cartoonish than what we've seen in the Sims 4. Although I didn't really like the Sims 3 level of realism, I kind of want my characters to be more realistic-looking, you know?

Post by Guest »

Is there anything about how the characters look in Paralives? I also love how people act like both games can't exist. I can play Sims 3,4 and this game if it's good.

I care a LOT about customizing how my sim looks, so I'd love to see how the characters look. That'll make or break this game for me being honest.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

The Sims franchise need a competitor. I don't have high hopes for Paralives, but will be pleasantly surprised if it is a success. Not only will it'll give gamers an option on which to play, it will force EA/Maxis to up their game and possibly lower the prices of packs if a true competitor emerges. Paralives is in its very early stages to say how good it is or will be, what features it will have etc. But I do think it's about time another fun life simulator game was out there.

miss-me-not
Stalker
Stalker

Post by miss-me-not »

imsobored wrote:
As aforementioned by other people I think it is good that sims will have a competitor that has gotten the attention of a large majority of the sims community. Though, it may be difficult to get the kind of play-ability that the sims just seems to have? idk how to explain that. A big portion of their focus on the game (from the videos I watched about people talking about it) is supposedly it's direction towards running on lower-performance computers.

This worries me because they must have had sacrifices in other directions of the game to make it smooth-running on PCs (or whatever you would be playing it on) that may not have been able to handle sims games even on the lowest settings. There is a big gap in runnability between sims 3 and sims 4 because of how sims 3 is open world with very few loading screens and was known more for being laggy or glitchy in comparison to sims 4 where as they notably switched to loading screens per neighborhood/lot. I use a basic lenovo laptop and my sims 4 runs with all the graphics on low very reasonably, and the glitches that may occur are due to the game itself and not what I'm running it on. Sims 3 was a lot more difficult to run and that made me stray from playing it as much.
I'm sure the lag, glitches, and even crashes were in due part to sims 3 being open world (as much as I loved it, it truly was a nightmare sometimes.) and it's weird way of handling expansion packs to where I could only do 3 normally, any more would glitch out.

I'm unsure if Paralives will have expansions or not, I don't remember lol. This leads back to why I was worried though, because paralives was going to be open world and have all of these nifty features, so what has been put on the chopping block so that it could run smoothly? Like others said before me again I think It will probably be the people or how life itself functions. The previews that I have seen anyway focus on the world and building and I have yet to see a trailer or previews with the characters or anything? Idk, I could be overthinking it. But I don't have a TON of hope for this game. I feel it will probably be a "good enough" alternative to the sims for those who can't or are otherwise unwilling to spend the tons of money on the sims games (Sims 4 in particular.)

Zamn
Debater
Debater

Post by Zamn »

So, Deligracy and The Sim Supply have been making a lot of videos together lately and she always seems to record at his place.

Does anyone know what is going on there?

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

Zamn wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:06 pm
So, Deligracy and The Sim Supply have been making a lot of videos together lately and she always seems to record at his place.

Is Deli still with that guy Zack?

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

Zamn wrote:

Deli is in the process of moving (again). I wonder, due to all the recent collabs with James, if she moved to Sydney, where James lives. Could be wrong. I'm a firm believer in different sexes being platonic friends, which I think they are, but her current moving situation plus staying with James easily fuels a bit of speculation. I love their friendship and banter though, so I've been enjoying their videos lately.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

wreckognition wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:46 pm
Zamn wrote:

Zack was ages ago. Patrick is her current boyfriend. Or was? I don't know what's going on. Deli is currently in the process of moving, so maybe she's moving with Pat? But she's been in Sydney with James lately, so maybe she and Pat are moving from Melbourne to Sydney? Not sure. She hasn't disclosed much about this move like she did with her previous move.

amandack
Learner
Learner

Post by amandack »

my_gripes wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:18 pm
wreckognition wrote:
Zamn wrote:

Zack was ages ago. Patrick is her current boyfriend. Or was? I don't know what's going on. Deli is currently in the process of moving, so maybe she's moving with Pat? But she's been in Sydney with James lately, so maybe she and Pat are moving from Melbourne to Sydney? Not sure. She hasn't disclosed much about this move like she did with her previous move.
She said on stream that she and Patrick broke up. She is currently single- unless there really is something going on with James- but i honestly do believe they’re just friends like they claim.
She already just moved a couple of weeks ago but there was really bad internet issues in her new place. I think that she is staying with James so that she can be somewhere with Internet while it gets fixed.

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

OH YEAH. I got them confused haha.

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

amandack wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:50 am
my_gripes wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:18 pm
wreckognition wrote:
Zamn wrote:

She said on stream that she and Patrick broke up. She is currently single- unless there really is something going on with James- but i honestly do believe they’re just friends like they claim.
She already just moved a couple of weeks ago but there was really bad internet issues in her new place. I think that she is staying with James so that she can be somewhere with Internet while it gets fixed.
Oh ok. Which stream was it? Did she say what happened, or a brief mention? I'm curious because she was very open about her breakup with Zack a few years ago.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”