Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carlie “Nells n’ Dills” Stylez - Part 22

Post by thisisnotmyusername »

Afam wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:08 am
What the heck is up with her love for passive aggressive John Mayer songs? First her wedding song was about a dying relationship and now she put half of my heart on a insta story of her daughter.. such weird choices.
I think she's too stupid to understand or realize what the lyrics actually mean. She probably only reads some of the title and thinks the song applies. "Slow dancing" for her wedding song "and something something about my heart" for her IG story. lol.

Post by Guest »

Afam wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:08 am
What the heck is up with her love for passive aggressive John Mayer songs? First her wedding song was about a dying relationship and now she put half of my heart on a insta story of her daughter.. such weird choices.
she has two brain cells. it's self-explanatory.

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

It must have killed her to type this. Image

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

Cooper won’t be going to Hawaii with them. His new school doesn’t allow them to miss more than 5 days in a semester.

Their hotel only gives them hotel points in January. I thought his rich grandparents were paying for these trips. Jackson must be cheap. A round trip Hawaii trip at the Hilton hotel costs around $2000 during peak time (April and May). They are going in January and get points. Why can’t they just spend a little more and go during the summertime. Or choose a cheaper place like Mexico.

JMMNZ
Learner
Learner

Post by JMMNZ »

If it's anything like my rewards scheme, if you go in any other timeframe other than "OffPeak" your points basically get cut in half.
This would mean significant additional cost to take the same holiday at any other time of the year.
I know they claim to be debt free, but that doesn't mean they are exorbitantly wealthy.

Look, it's pretty rough on the kid - but as she said he doesn't seem too concerned and he got the choice between two holidays.
Knowing what I was like as a kid, I would have chosen whichever holiday came first/instant gratification, and then been upset when the second trip came around, but he's clearly more adjusted than I was as a kid.

I think it's cool she is making it special for him, but personally I couldn't leave one of my children behind. At the end of the day, it's not that big of a deal.

thisisnotmyusername
Informer
Informer

Post by thisisnotmyusername »

I have to just defend Carlie for one second because I grew up in a blended family and you simply can not schedule your life around when you have your kid or not. It might be easy to do if you're still single and don't have any other kids, but when you have two other kids and a husband it's impossible (and unfair) to revolve all of your lives around the two weeks a month or whatever that you get your kid from the previous relationship. That's just the nature of having shared custody and everyone gets used to it eventually.

Also, Cooper probably gets to do cool (er) things with his Dad, which Lenny and Elliott don't get. While I'm sure it hurts to see your mom off on vacation with your siblings and step parent, that's just the way divorce is and that is a sad reality for many kids in this country, not just Cooper. And trust me, I've seen a lot worse blended family situations and it doesn't seem like Cooper has it that bad. (for example, my step dad only got his kids from his previous marriage one full week a month. Obviously, there'd be arrangements if something big was happening, but for the most part you have to charge ahead with your life.

Adoptthiskitten
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Adoptthiskitten »

I like how she said she wanted to tell us that so people didn't think she favorited a child. Lol. Must read here. I understand the truancy thing. Not much she can do about that.
McDonald's gift cards.. seriously? Why not something else? Seems like all he eats is McDonald's 😷

Boymomma123
Learner
Learner

Post by Boymomma123 »

I am glad she actually explained why Cooper isn't going to Hawaii and I did think he is old enough to make a decision about which trip he would prefer to go on. He also has a whole life with his dad that we don't see where he is the center of attention. Now as far as having favorites, Carlie we all know Lenny is your favorite and Elliot is just the kid you had to endure having to get to your girl. Which is sad because he seems to be a smart and loving little boy who deserves the world just as much as Lenny.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JMMNZ
Learner
Learner

Post by JMMNZ »

thisisnotmyusername wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:18 am
I have to just defend Carlie for one second because I grew up in a blended family and you simply can not schedule your life around when you have your kid or not. It might be easy to do if you're still single and don't have any other kids, but when you have two other kids and a husband it's impossible (and unfair) to revolve all of your lives around the two weeks a month or whatever that you get your kid from the previous relationship. That's just the nature of having shared custody and everyone gets used to it eventually.

Also, Cooper probably gets to do cool (er) things with his Dad, which Lenny and Elliott don't get. While I'm sure it hurts to see your mom off on vacation with your siblings and step parent, that's just the way divorce is and that is a sad reality for many kids in this country, not just Cooper. And trust me, I've seen a lot worse blended family situations and it doesn't seem like Cooper has it that bad. (for example, my step dad only got his kids from his previous marriage one full week a month. Obviously, there'd be arrangements if something big was happening, but for the most part you have to charge ahead with your life.
It's super refreshing to see rational responses like this!

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

The only disagreement I have with the response about Cooper is that it is a _pattern_ with them. They have gone on _many_ nice vacations without Cooper. More without him than with him. He went to Hawaii with them once before Elliot was born, I think, but most of their vacations have been without him, especially since they have had Elliot and Lenny. I don't expect them to plan their whole lives around the custodial agreement, or take him on EVERY vacation, but it just _seems_ that he gets left behind much more often than not. Maybe I'm wrong. It's happened before!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JMMNZ
Learner
Learner

Post by JMMNZ »

lmmomSD wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 pm
The only disagreement I have with the response about Cooper is that it is a _pattern_ with them. They have gone on _many_ nice vacations without Cooper. More without him than with him. He went to Hawaii with them once before Elliot was born, I think, but most of their vacations have been without him, especially since they have had Elliot and Lenny. I don't expect them to plan their whole lives around the custodial agreement, or take him on EVERY vacation, but it just _seems_ that he gets left behind much more often than not. Maybe I'm wrong. It's happened before!

Yes, it does seem to be a pattern, but this is not a new problem. They've had shared custody of Cooper for years, so every single holiday and trip they go on, his schedule with his dad has to be considered. So logically, it won't be the first time he's missed a trip.

He's a super well rounded, polite kid who goes on his fair share of trips and outings with this family (that we see), much more than many many other children his age (this isn't a bad thing, just the reality of a family who can afford vacations)

I just really don't think there's another side to this, and again it was super sweet that she made those cards and activities for him. You can tell she was genuinely sad he wasn't coming. All the talk about her not loving her two boys now she has a baby girl is the biggest load of shiz I've heard.

Oh this isn't just directed at you ImmomSD, just having a rant :rofl:

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

I imagine it still must be awkward for Cooper to tell his friends at school that his brother, sister, stepfather and mother are all on holiday in Hawaii without him.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Carlie “Nells n’ Dills” Stylez - Part 22

Post by Rhea85 »

I don’t know. She seems like a careless parent who puts her interests first. Imagine if cooper didn’t have close relationship with his biological father, would they drop him off at his grandparents for 10 days while vacationing in Hawaii? Taking a vacation while your child is in the middle of a school year is irresponsible. Carlie is lucky that she can just leave him with his dad for 10 days while she enjoys life. Most co-parents won’t allow that. Remember when she got full custody of cooper and moved to California so she can pursue her dumb YouTube maker studios career. It’s all about her. She introduced him to Steve right away and moved him into that nice house with a basketball court then a few months later broke up with Steve. I and sure cooper bonded closely with Steve. This poor kid has never had a stable life. His early childhood has revolved around Carlie’s dating life. Then she met Jackson and quickly threw him in the basement to make room for her new babies. I would be so mad at my parent if I had to move around and meet all of my mom’s boyfriends and end up with a flooded bedroom in the basement. I am glad that he finally has a stable home. If Jackson finds a 6 figure financial job in California, she would give Christian full custody of cooper and take off without him. It’s obvious that she hates her life in Idaho and dreams about living in Orange County, Ca but is held back because of cooper.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

JMMNZ wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Yes, it does seem to be a pattern, but this is not a new problem. They've had shared custody of Cooper for years, so every single holiday and trip they go on, his schedule with his dad has to be considered. So logically, it won't be the first time he's missed a trip.

He's a super well rounded, polite kid who goes on his fair share of trips and outings with this family (that we see), much more than many many other children his age (this isn't a bad thing, just the reality of a family who can afford vacations)

I just really don't think there's another side to this, and again it was super sweet that she made those cards and activities for him. You can tell she was genuinely sad he wasn't coming. All the talk about her not loving her two boys now she has a baby girl is the biggest load of shiz I've heard.

Oh this isn't just directed at you ImmomSD, just having a rant :rofl:
No worries! I didn't take it personally. You expressed your opinion, and you are absolutely allowed to have a differing one! You expressed it respectfully, so I for one have no issues. I see your point too. And I agree 100% that Cooper is a sweet kid and doesn't seem to have any resentment. So it's quite possible that I'm wrong!

Adoptthiskitten
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Carlie is materialistic, and all about herself. I think she tries to be a good Mom, but she often thinks of her self first. She's not a terrible mom. There are wayy worse parents out there. I think Jackson loves that she's materialistic. He's a "financial planner" and loves to be able to show off lavish thing's with his Barbie wife who is a as dumb as a rock. So he can control all the things and let her think she's a "boss babe"

wolves1234
Learner
Learner

Post by wolves1234 »

I still believe using the custody excuse is a cop out. I also grew up in a blended family. My parents separated when I was a few months old, I have a half sister and three step siblings, shared custody. My family never went on a vacation without all 5 kids. Planning around having one child with shared custody and two that you have full time is fairly simple.

Not that I think cooper is all that affected by this since they go on so many vacations.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

wolves1234 wrote:I still believe using the custody excuse is a cop out. I also grew up in a blended family. My parents separated when I was a few months old, I have a half sister and three step siblings, shared custody. My family never went on a vacation without all 5 kids. Planning around having one child with shared custody and two that you have full time is fairly simple.

Not that I think cooper is all that affected by this since they go on so many vacations.
Especially since Elliot and Lenny aren't in school yet. It's not like they have different school schedules to work around yet...

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

I bet she wishes she could drop Elliot and Lenny off somewhere and escape her reality for 10 days.

Adoptthiskitten
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

A video on the rules in Mormonism for teens. He reads from the handbook. I wonder how much they really follow. Because seems like mental abuse and a cult.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

We are used to her posting every second of her life on insta stories, so when she goes silent for a day it becomes concerning.

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”