Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shay “where’s my honey, Colette” Carl Part 41

Post by Chels0401 »

space_cadet wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:24 am
They could just be separated and not actually divorced. But I am curious why Colette is listed as Colette Katy CROFTS for the compound house. Wouldn't she have changed her name like 16 years ago? Strange it would show up as her maiden name.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 2.27.23 AM.png
I don’t know why it would say that either. I do know it would take a lot of extra effort to get it changed, documents like that don’t get changed because they filed for a divorce, someone has to change it and go through paperwork (SS office, DMV, etc.) as well as through the title company. Maybe she just never got around to fully changing it legally? Maybe she still has the same drivers license with her old name on it. You are “required” to report changes but let’s be honest, most people don’t go through the hassle. I live in Arizona and our licenses don’t expire until you’re 50 years old and I’m guessing that Idaho might be like Utah and expire every five? And if she has a California one then it’s most likely in that same time frame of five years. So... I’m not sure that’s the reason but I doubt the name change is because of any divorce.

Chels0401
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Chels0401 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:12 pm
That's almost as bad as the whole "manly nature" excuses Shay gave for cheating.

That is a religious term for saying like, my mortal (natural) body wants sex and alcohol but I know it’s not good to cheat on my wife and alcohol is bad for me and God doesn’t want me to do it so I’m “putting off the natural man (or woman) by honoring God and saying no. or in shays case, he succumbed to the natural man “instinct” (sex) and addiction (alcohol)
I don’t think i explained it well but it’s not meant to be the way you’re taking it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chels0401
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Chels0401 »

Ammnesia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:51 pm
They might be just be enjoying renovating. it can be very satisfying, idk if i could survive doing something like that with my partner it would drive me nuts lol
That and Logan isn’t entitled to shays money too. If shay wants to give, cool but people with money shouldn’t be frowned upon just because they’re not willing to buy lavish things for others. Who knows, maybe he offered but Logan declined? Maybe he’s putting in the countertops for free? A gifted house isn’t a small donation... and to all you haters out there, I’m not sticking up for shay. I would say the same thing if it was literally anyone else. It’s called being objective.

Chels0401
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Chels0401 »

space_cadet wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:09 pm
This is interesting. These are former Mormons describing that "camp" Avia and Gavin went to at BYU last month.

I never went to EFY, never had any interest in going (I was mostly gone all summer traveling as a teen anyways) but I know a lot of people who have and they don’t really describe it the way they did. From what I understand it’s just a camp to help build testimonies and allow the kids to have fun. It’s just your normal youth camp, life Young Life (Christian camp)

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

Chels0401 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:10 am
space_cadet wrote:
They could just be separated and not actually divorced. But I am curious why Colette is listed as Colette Katy CROFTS for the compound house. Wouldn't she have changed her name like 16 years ago? Strange it would show up as her maiden name.

I don’t know why it would say that either. I do know it would take a lot of extra effort to get it changed, documents like that don’t get changed because they filed for a divorce, someone has to change it and go through paperwork (SS office, DMV, etc.) as well as through the title company. Maybe she just never got around to fully changing it legally? Maybe she still has the same drivers license with her old name on it. You are “required” to report changes but let’s be honest, most people don’t go through the hassle. I live in Arizona and our licenses don’t expire until you’re 50 years old and I’m guessing that Idaho might be like Utah and expire every five? And if she has a California one then it’s most likely in that same time frame of five years. So... I’m not sure that’s the reason but I doubt the name change is because of any divorce.
Well, she has online court records from 2004 with the name Colette Butler, so she did change it at least 15 years ago. She also has court records from when she was Colette Crofts, but those cases were before she was married. It is really odd she'd still be listed anywhere online as Colette Crofts.
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.30.48 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SKM12
Learner
Learner

Post by SKM12 »

I’m soo tired of having to search for any shred of evidence that they’ve separated. I wish Colette would just post her video like she said... she was all set on “re-branding”! Remember that photo shoot she did? We haven’t even seen any of the pics... she just went ghost pretty soon after. I do wonder what she does all day, especially on days where Shay has the kids and is being the “cool weekend dad”. I’m hoping she’s reconnected and spending a lot of time with her own family. It seems like Shay always put his family first when they were together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

SKM12 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:14 am
I’m soo tired of having to search for any shred of evidence that they’ve separated. I wish Colette would just post her video like she said... she was all set on “re-branding”! Remember that photo shoot she did? We haven’t even seen any of the pics... she just went ghost pretty soon after. I do wonder what she does all day, especially on days where Shay has the kids and is being the “cool weekend dad”. I’m hoping she’s reconnected and spending a lot of time with her own family. It seems like Shay always put his family first when they were together.

Well, there's no reason to search. It's clear they aren't together since they haven't posted anything together since January. Colette doesn't have a single pic of Shay on IG since their anniversary trip in early January...that's seven months ago. Sometimes it's easier to read into what's NOT there than looking for "obvious" signs.

As for Colette, she's the mom of five and probably has the kids most of time. When they are with Shay, she's probably relaxing. I think some YTers are lazy AF, I don't think that about Colette. I also think she does more with the church than any of the other Butlers.

2candy2
Debater
Debater

Post by 2candy2 »

Laurie shared a Bible verse/quote on IG about people coming to their senses and escaping from the devil. From a website "hurting moms mending hearts" and this is from their homepage-Image

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

Wow! Even Laurie is finally against her once golden child. If nothing else puts things into perspective for Shay, this certainly should (I hope).

tuttifruittitea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tuttifruittitea »

no ring

Post by Guest »

Is this avia

:rofl: :rofl:

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

^thought u found her tiktok for a second lmaoooooo but she's so on the money with that stereotype.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

baseballmama
Informer
Informer

Post by baseballmama »

Chels0401 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:10 am
space_cadet wrote:

Colette is traditional enough she definitely changed her name to Butler when they got married so seeing it changed is odd. But Carlie has not legally changed her name to Wood which is odd too since she is so obsessed with the perfect Mormon married life. So maybe it's a thing they go by their married name but legally leave it...?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Carlie hasn't changed her name because she's lazy AF. Didn't she say she just "hasn't gotten around to it "? As long as people know she's Mrs. Woods, she doesn't care what the paperwork at the courthouse says.
And maybe the Butler name opened doors before.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 am
Carlie hasn't changed her name because she's lazy AF. Didn't she say she just "hasn't gotten around to it "? As long as people know she's Mrs. Woods, she doesn't care what the paperwork at the courthouse says.
And maybe the Butler name opened doors before.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think Carlie's both lazy and she likes being a Butler because of the attention. She definitely changed her last name during her first marriage—but that was before the Butlers were rich and famous.

I remember she had a problem at the airport once because someone at Maker(?) booked her tickets as Carlie Wood and she didn't realize that until she got to the airport. She had some issues getting on the flight. It was fairly soon after the wedding, but I think long enough after to change her name. I don't think she really has any plans to change her name legally.

Colette, on the other hand, did legally change her name to Butler. Both her voter registration and the times she's been pulled over (at least since 2004) she's listed as Colette Butler.

cristea123
Talker
Talker

Post by cristea123 »

For some strange reason, I felt really compelled to message Colette on Instagram and so I did (knowing fully I will not get a response), simply asking if she's alright since she's been so quite on SM lately and expressing my concern. Again, I doubt there will be a response but if anything, I'll update on here. I'm sure she's better off being staying away from SM but it seems a bit odd that she would be so excited to come back to YouTube and then nothing happen, to me anyway. I was always very fond of her and do wish her well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MiharuChan
Learner
Learner

Post by MiharuChan »

Never having bought a house before, do you need to use your name registered on the account used to pay for it?

Just wondering... My Mom changed her last name in '86 when my parents got married. Not sure what names they used on the house, but I know her personal credit card account is still under her maiden name. I do believe the joined account they have she's on under her married name.

Is it possible that Colette used an old bank account that is under her maiden name?

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

MiharuChan wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:01 pm
Never having bought a house before, do you need to use your name registered on the account used to pay for it?

Just wondering... My Mom changed her last name in '86 when my parents got married. Not sure what names they used on the house, but I know her personal credit card account is still under her maiden name. I do believe the joined account they have she's on under her married name.

Is it possible that Colette used an old bank account that is under her maiden name?
Probably not. Didn't they make a big deal about how they were so excited to get married and get a joint bank account—even though they had no money?? I don't think she has (had?) any separate accounts after they got married. They always made a point that they shared all their income.

Granted, that was years ago when they were happy and before they really blew up on YT. Maybe she does have her own accounts now, but I don't think she can legally set up financial accounts under her maiden name when it's not her legal name.

Interesting she hasn't posted on IG in more than a month and no posts on Twitter in more than two months. She's really disappeared from SM.

menene
Debater
Debater

Post by menene »

Not sure if someone posted these? She looks amazing! Glad to see her focusing on herselfImageImage

Wysłane z mojego WAS-LX1 przy użyciu Tapatalka

cristea123
Talker
Talker

Post by cristea123 »

menene wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:00 am
Not sure if someone posted these? She looks amazing! Glad to see her focusing on herselfImageImage

Wysłane z mojego WAS-LX1 przy użyciu Tapatalka
YAY! I'm so happy! Such a badass

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”