Shaytards "Can Just Go F***" Themselves Part 37

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Shaytards "Can Just Go F***" Themselves Part 37

Post by Presence »

lmmomSD wrote:
Rhea85 wrote:He let Gavin skip school today just to go skiing. Aren’t they sick and tired of the snow. It’s already spring here in California. Seems like they go skiing every day so why skip school?
Because school isn't important.

Funny-- Shay has said he wants Gavin to be a neurosurgeon. But you can't do that without school, and a lot of it. He's such an idiot.
Shay used to mention how he would skip school to go skiing. I suspect he likes the idea of Gavin following in his footsteps and believes that if he (Shay) skipped school and still did well in life then Gavin will probably do the same.

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

Presence wrote:
Shay used to mention how he would skip school to go skiing. I suspect he likes the idea of Gavin following in his footsteps and believes that if he (Shay) skipped school and still did well in life then Gavin will probably do the same.
He’s such a narcissist. Most parents want their kids to be better than them and to not repeat the mistakes they made in their youth. But unfortunately, shay sees nothing in his life as a mistake or a learning experience. I had a flashback of him telling his kids that they will never find a spouse that is as good as Colette and him. Hopefully Gavin can find a wife that has enough self esteem to stop him from being out of control. Someone who can put him in check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Rhea85 wrote: Hopefully Gavin can find a wife that has enough self esteem to stop him from being out of control. Someone who can put him in check.
I have a feeling, sadly, Gavin will grow up to be the male version of Colette.

I'd guess Brock and/or Daxton would need the strong wives.

ZenmasterKalel
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ZenmasterKalel »

How do you think Shay and Colette would react if one of their children ends up being gay? The mormon church disagrees, but it's always been my impression, that Shay and Colette were more open minded.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

There was a time when, I think, they would have lost their shit. But thanks to their YT experience and living in LA, I think they'd be fine with it.

Laurie on the other hand...

Xson1alex
Talker
Talker

Post by Xson1alex »

ZenmasterKalel wrote:How do you think Shay and Colette would react if one of their children ends up being gay? The mormon church disagrees, but it's always been my impression, that Shay and Colette were more open minded.
I'd hope, but didn't cult leader Shay express that he thought adoption was not ok/as good as being a birth parent? He's a mixed up mf whose actual morals and actions do not reflect those dictated by his religion, so who knows. but i doubt he'd actually entertain an exception that would be good or that makes sense and I'd never put it past him to be a judgemental, preachy, backwards bastard. He' ll just stick to deciding that drinking and trying to fuck insta prozzers is super ok for god to let him getaway with for decades :tu:

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

ZenmasterKalel wrote:How do you think Shay and Colette would react if one of their children ends up being gay? The mormon church disagrees, but it's always been my impression, that Shay and Colette were more open minded.
I think Shay would have an issue with it, especially if it was one of his sons. Not so much the girls. I think he would find it an affront to his manhood.
Colette, I think would be supportive. She loves those kids. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that although she might have to come to terms with it, in the long run she would be ok.
And I also think that Gavin is going to be a caregiver personality and will be the male version of Colette.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mrs_damon
Learner
Learner

Post by mrs_damon »

I recently watched an episode of The Sopranos (I truly love everything about this show) where the characters all freak out at the notion of another character being gay, saying things like "oh it's a sin! It's disgusting, terrible etc." yet in the same breath they're completely okay with cheating furiously on their wives and trudging around the fact that they all have goomahs (mistresses). Never mind the fact that if a wife cheats on their husband, oooooh boy fuggetaboutit.

The hypocrisy is real to the point where it just gets comical. I've been a proponent of Kale and Jess' channel because these two seem genuinely in love and, as far as I know, they don't cheat on each other! Of course having a laundry list of kids adds all sorts of pressure and such that KJ don't endure, but it's nice knowing Kayli's kids have this healthy relationship to look up to despite the sexual orientation of the couple.

People like Shay truly believe they can do whatever they want to whomever they please and everyone should praise them for doing it. Nothing is ever his fault, guys. He emotionally cheated on his wife who is lightyears ahead of his league (both physically and personality-wise) because he just needs some guidance or whatever.

CoffeeandContempt
Learner
Learner

Post by CoffeeandContempt »

More open minded? Wasn't Shay the one who tweeted about LADIEzzzz! Leave sumthin to the imagination!!11!!!

They might try to come off progressive to garner views, but the truth comes out in little comments like that Not to mention the fact that he has no problem objectifying women and pretty clearly categorizes them as being either "wife material" or "sluts". Behind closed doors I'm willing to bet they're pretty conservative.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Their religion specifically says you can't get into eternal heaven if you aren't married in the temple (obviously to the opposite sex). They might pretend to be OK with same-sex marriage, but they really aren't!!!! They didn't even go to Brett's wedding! And Brett was someone really close to Shay - and they definitely could have gone to the wedding if they wanted to.

I think Kayli is the only Butler comfortable with same-sex relationships. She totally supports her sister and it's nice to see her be so cool about it.

The rest of the Butlers are homophobes!

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

CoffeeandContempt wrote:
More open minded? Wasn't Shay the one who tweeted about LADIEzzzz! Leave sumthin to the imagination!!11!!!

They might try to come off progressive to garner views, but the truth comes out in little comments like that Not to mention the fact that he has no problem objectifying women and pretty clearly categorizes them as being either "wife material" or "sluts". Behind closed doors I'm willing to bet they're pretty conservative.
I disagree.

We can all criticize Shay and Colette until the cows come home, but there is no doubt they have become much more open-minded thanks to their YT experience. When it comes to homosexuality, thanks to their close friendship with "Brett the Intern", they clearly eased up on their conservative beliefs.

Granted, they didn't go to Brett's wedding and Shay didn't acknowledge it on social media. So, maybe they aren't totally open-minded. But they've come a long way since their early days on YT.

As far as the comment you mentioned, the one Shay made on Twitter many years ago while at a Taylor Swift concert:

God knows I despise Shay with a passion, but the point he was trying to make with that tweet was a good one. He was commenting on how young girls should wear age-appropriate clothes to a concert rather than dress like hookers. That's not being close-minded or having a narrow view of women; that's a father who doesn't feel comfortable seeing young girls being sexualized.

Final thought: I don't think they tried to "come off progressive to garner views". It was more like they toned down the Mormon influence when the camera was on to ensure they didn't lose viewers.

Again, I think their YT experience did inspire them to become way more open-minded than they had been.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

ewokfan11 wrote:Their religion specifically says you can't get into eternal heaven if you aren't married in the temple (obviously to the opposite sex). They might pretend to be OK with same-sex marriage, but they really aren't!!!!
It took years, but the Mormon church finally eased up on their caffeine rule and the Mormons went crazy with their Coke, Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper consumption. Let's hope homosexuality is next... :rofl:

CoffeeandContempt
Learner
Learner

He felt comfortable enough about young girls being sexualized to jack of to a 20 year old...

Being friends with someone who is gay and supporting gay rights are two very different things.

Just going to agree to disagree.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

CoffeeandContempt wrote:He felt comfortable enough about young girls being sexualized to jack of to a 20 year old...

Being friends with someone who is gay and supporting gay rights are two very different things.

Being appalled by a young girl under the age of 13 wearing a short skirt is a far cry from being stimulated by a 20 year-old who makes a living turning on men.

Being friends with someone who is gay may be not be the same as supporting gay rights, but for the Butlers, it was progress.

ittybittykitty
Informer
Informer

Post by ittybittykitty »

CoffeeandContempt wrote:He felt comfortable enough about young girls being sexualized to jack of to a 20 year old...

This is very true. It's like saying you have a black friend so you can't be racist... uhm, no, that's not how it works.

They always answered that question by saying "I'd love my kid no matter what", which... is good? That should be the minimum requirement to be a parent. But how would they love their child? Send them to some bullshit "pray the gay away therapy"? Encourage them to be celibate like Kasey has been/was for a while (idk what's up with Kasey at the moment, is she still trying to defend the church?)? I think Collette once answered a question like that with "while I don't believe in it..." which... ugh. I can't. You can believe in some stupid eternal planet for your family but you can't "believe" in homosexuality which is literally something that happens to all animals including humans? WHY ARE YOU SO DUMB.

CoffeeandContempt
Learner
Learner

Oh, did he personally ID every female at a Taylor Swift concert? If so, my bad. He was generalizing and who is even to say how the women were dressed? It was derogatory and wrong. He was implying that girls only dress for male attention and that even if they don't they should be because you aren't worth much if men don't think much of you. He didn't have a good point, he had a narrow-minded point of view that was based fully on his own idea of what women should be.

ZenmasterKalel
Learner
Learner

Post by ZenmasterKalel »

I just sometimes feel bad for Gavin, when Shay makes comments about him being a ladies man and stuff. I feel like he's done that throughout the years. I guess there's nothing wrong with assuming your child is straight, but I feel like if he were to come out as gay, it would be really difficult to tell his parents. I think Colette would be supportive of any kid, but I kind of feel like Shay wouldnt. But I don't think it would be because of religion. I think it would be, like someone else commented, because his manhood would be threatened somehow.

PrinnyPolo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PrinnyPolo »

ZenmasterKalel wrote:I just sometimes feel bad for Gavin, when Shay makes comments about him being a ladies man and stuff. I feel like he's done that throughout the years. I guess there's nothing wrong with assuming your child is straight, but I feel like if he were to come out as gay, it would be really difficult to tell his parents. I think Colette would be supportive of any kid, but I kind of feel like Shay wouldnt. But I don't think it would be because of religion. I think it would be, like someone else commented, because his manhood would be threatened somehow.
See I agree with you on the most part, especially about the manhood, but I genuinely think that Shay will go one way or another - he’ll either ignore it COMPLETELY and it just won’t be discussed, or it will be mentioned ALWAYS as an overcompensation for the fact Shay doesn’t know how to approach it. Shay’s not mature enough for his own sexuality and marriage, never mind if one of his own children strayed from the Mormon “norm”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

CoffeeandContempt wrote:Oh, did he personally ID every female at a Taylor Swift concert? If so, my bad. He was generalizing and who is even to say how the women were dressed? It was derogatory and wrong. He was implying that girls only dress for male attention and that even if they don't they should be because you aren't worth much if men don't think much of you. He didn't have a good point, he had a narrow-minded point of view that was based fully on his own idea of what women should be.
He wasn't referring to "women". He was referring to 13 year-old girls.

Here are the tweets:

Two things:

Notice how those tweets were posted nearly five years ago. Maybe it's time to let it go. Shay has moved on to bigger transgressions you could comment on.

Shay was never skilled at expressing himself effectively and he could have worded those tweets better, but I think he made a good point. The body is sacred and underage girls shouldn't be dressing like strippers. Granted, wardrobe choices shouldn't be made to appease a male (future husband), but parents should be making sure their children are dressed in age-appropriate clothes.

CoffeeandContempt
Learner
Learner

Yeah I’m not changing my mind on this argument. I stand by what I said he was still implying that the young girls worth depends on male opinion. You’re taking this pretty personally for someone on a trash thread.

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”