Kale and Jess

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kale and Jess

Post by A_L_M »

I've really been enjoying their vlogs and decided that they really need their own thread instead of using Casey & Kayli's.

I would love to hear their coming out stories, especially since they were so young when they got together and they both come from Mormon families. But then again I can also understand if they don't want to discuss it, it is a very personal thing to share and they might not feel comfortable sharing.

alexmorgan
Talker
Talker

Re: Kale and Jess

Post by alexmorgan »

When i first watched one of their Videos i kept thinking Kale looked familiar but it took me ages to figure out why! Someone asked them if they would film coming out videos and they replied they will in the future when they are both ready.

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by A_L_M »

Well, who does she remind you of? Unless you meant she reminded you of Kayli. She reminds me of someone too but I just can't place who.

I had seen that comment and reply too, I really hope they do share - they just probably need to warm up to their audience first. I also hope they are able to figure out some sort of schedule, even if they aren't able to post weekly. So far it seems to be a couple videos close together here, a month goes by, a few more videos, another month, a few more videos lol.

alexmorgan
Talker
Talker

Post by alexmorgan »

Yeah sorry I meant Kayli. I didn't know it was her sister and when I read here it made sense haha.
I hope so too!

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

Jessica posted that her brother in law passed away. :| It must be really hard for the family, her sister has 4 kids. I was kind of surprised of them all smiling in the funeral pictures but I guess it's a cultural thing.

I hope they start posting videos again soon, I really liked watching them.

alexmorgan
Talker
Talker

Post by alexmorgan »

starlight7 wrote:Jessica posted that her brother in law passed away. :| It must be really hard for the family, her sister has 4 kids. I was kind of surprised of them all smiling in the funeral pictures but I guess it's a cultural thing.

I hope they start posting videos again soon, I really liked watching them.
Truly horrible, i feel so bad for them all! Its great to see that they all seem to support eachother and its more than understandable that they took some time off.
They got a Laptop and a Camera now and said they might do a Q&A next.

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by A_L_M »

I'm jealous that they got to go to the USWNT open training and got to meet some players and then I noticed your ^ username and Hope in your signature :lol: . Jess commented on one of her pictures with Ashlyn Harris that they did vlog some of it, I hope they vlog some of the match tonight.

alexmorgan
Talker
Talker

Post by alexmorgan »

A_L_M wrote:I'm jealous that they got to go to the USWNT open training and got to meet some players and then I noticed your ^ username and Hope in your signature :lol: . Jess commented on one of her pictures with Ashlyn Harris that they did vlog some of it, I hope they vlog some of the match tonight.
Same!! As you can probably tell I am a fan aswell. Unfortunately I don't live in the US but it did go to one of their games 3 years ago. Ashlyn is just the kindest, I'm not surprised they took a picture with her! She really does care about her fans and takes her time for everyone.I'm excited for that vlog :-D

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by A_L_M »

So in the Halloween Q&A they were asked what advice they would give their 16-year-old selves and Markale said it was a difficult age because Jess was away at college and her family found out about their relationship and their parents didn't approve. Obviously, that has changed at least a little bit because I can't imagine they'd still seem somewhat close to their parents/siblings if they still weren't supportive. Now I'm really looking forward to their coming out video to see how everyone reacted and what changed.

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

Is anyone watching their vlogmas? I really like it, they're so refreshingly real and normal. The vlog where they watch Jess' sisters' kids is adorable. And it shows how good their family relationships are now. I think it's great that her sister trusts them with the kids and isn't a complete clinger like Kayli.

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by A_L_M »

Kale and Jess' vlogmas is the only one I am watching. I am enjoying it too and I am happy that they've kept up with it so far. I also thought the one with Jess' niece and nephew was cute, especially when Kale let/helped Raegan (?) scan the groceries at the self-checkout - that takes some patience. I laughed when they bought him the wrong sized pacifier and called themselves rookies because they fed 'em cupcakes before bed.

Definitely makes me wish they uploaded more when it isn't vlogmas since they can go weeks without posting a video. Also, it was nice of Kayli to give them her old camera so they could do more videos.

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

Yes, their vlogmas is the only watchable. Everyone else is just overly obnoxious and has-been-seen-before. Is there a way to move this thread up? It's placed so unfortunately down here...

alexmorgan
Talker
Talker

Post by alexmorgan »

I can totally agree, they are keeping it real! Really enjoyable nowadays. I hope they stay that way and will not end up giving up their jobs to be "full time vloggers"

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

Did anyone watch their younow Q&A? It's up on their channel. They said they would like to make youtube their only career eventually. I kind of understand them, they work a lot in jobs that probably don't pay too well and they have an interesting story to offer (lesbian couple, Mormon upbringing). They also said they don't attend church anymore. That one kind of didn't surprise me, haha..

alexmorgan
Talker
Talker

Post by alexmorgan »

starlight7 wrote:Did anyone watch their younow Q&A? It's up on their channel. They said they would like to make youtube their only career eventually. I kind of understand them, they work a lot in jobs that probably don't pay too well and they have an interesting story to offer (lesbian couple, Mormon upbringing). They also said they don't attend church anymore. That one kind of didn't surprise me, haha..
Tbh i dont think they struggle with what they earn just from their jobs. They have a nice apartment, 2 cars, a dog, nice clothes,..and even when they were just starting to film they went out and all that. Surely its not enough to live a jetset life but they seem to be doing just finde.
I gotta admit, im not a fan of "youtube careers". Filming your everyday life is not a career in my eyes.
The church part got me interested aswell, maybe therell be more to that in their coming out story.

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

I don't think they're struggling financially but I think they are pretty much in a dead-end careerwise. They work terrible hours and Markale has said she doesn't like working retail. Their channel seems to be taking off slowly, I believe their youtube breakthrough will be their video about being Mormon and gay. 8-)

beautifulmuskox
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulmuskox »

Has anyone watched their last two videos. I think they are so sweet and I am very interested to hear the rest of their story. I was surprised to hear that when they started their channel - what like less than a year ago - most people in their lives didn't know they were a couple. I find this so odd - they live in a 1 bedroom and are literally always together. I guess people see what they want to see. They said they lost some friends and family after they officially 'came out'. Sad.

alexmorgan
Talker
Talker

Post by alexmorgan »

I thought it was odd too but then again, just looking at their IG for example: before they started youtube there wasnt even really a picture or post. And especially in the first videos they were pretty distanced. I think/thought that was good, i honestly cant stand people beeing all over eachother in an extreme way when they are filming, but now it makes more sense. If they were like that in general public i wouldnt be surprised if only a few people they told knew. Someone you just know doesnt automatically know how your exact living circumstances (number of bedrooms,...) look. They probably didnt have these people over or maybe the apartments they lived in before were bigger.
That actually reminded me of a childhood story. My best friend used to live in a apartment complex. Her downstairs neighbours were "two sisters" . One time i was visiting her and she locked herself out while i was walking upstairs. Her mom was at work and she didnt even wear shoes! No one else was home besides the "sisters" so we had to knock at their door and they took us to her moms workplace to get the key. It was quite a long drive and they didnt act any different than friends. Years later we were talking about that incident and boom, we realized they never actually said anything about being sisters to anyone in the house lol. Thats just what my friend (we are 10) had assumed but looking back on the whole situation they surely were a couple!

Sun88
Informer
Informer

Post by Sun88 »

starlight7 wrote:I don't think they're struggling financially but I think they are pretty much in a dead-end careerwise. They work terrible hours and Markale has said she doesn't like working retail. Their channel seems to be taking off slowly, I believe their youtube breakthrough will be their video about being Mormon and gay. 8-)
Still waiting on that one because I know the official stand point on Mormons accepting gays: "It´s not your fault but you still have to marry the opposite sex and produce babies and get married in the Temple."

mariamay9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mariamay9 »

I feel like Kale never going to put out her side story of coming out. If she does I think will be very sugar coated to defend and protect her family from backlash for being homophobic toward her.

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”