Trixin "Clothing Brand" Discussion

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Trixin "Clothing Brand" Discussion

Post by Bugman22 »

ewokfan11 wrote:I know Trixin is basically dead, but I still watch TribeTyler sometimes. Where the HECK do they get their $$$$. I found their new Cincinnati apartment and it's about $2000 a month!! Haylee doesn't seem to work and Tyler's YT earnings can't be much (and he only posts about once a week). Maybe he works side jobs now???

Even when I rented, there would be NO WAY I could justify tossing $24,000 a year for a RENTAL! They seem to have expensive tastes.
if i recall correctly, I think Tyler has said in a couple videos that he barely makes any money from youtube and most of his earning come from other jobs. Could still be partially supported by their parents? or like someone else mentioned an inheritance of some sort? or maybe they got a good deal and they arent paying that much.

arich35
Learner
Learner

Post by arich35 »

I know Haley's father passed away a couple years ago so maybe she receives something from that?

Tyler is very talented so I wouldn't be surprised if he does big side jobs that he never discusses publicly

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

im curious about how thye make their money too.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

giffgaff wrote:im curious about how thye make their money too.
I'm starting to think Tyler got a non-YT job. He barely makes videos these days. I'm sure he can make decent $$$ as a graphic designer type job. I would think Hayley would need to find a job too. At least they probably have better family/friend connections in Cincinnati than in Utah.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Tyler and Haylee are going to Europe for two weeks. He says he's "working" there, but I wonder who he's working for. I guess his non-YT freelancing is working out for them both because Haylee doesn't seem to be working. I do wonder why he continues to post to YT at all - even the highest estimate on Social Blade is $9,000 a year. They spend more than twice that a year on their new apartment!!

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bugman22 »

ewokfan11 wrote:Tyler and Haylee are going to Europe for two weeks. He says he's "working" there, but I wonder who he's working for. I guess his non-YT freelancing is working out for them both because Haylee doesn't seem to be working. I do wonder why he continues to post to YT at all - even the highest estimate on Social Blade is $9,000 a year. They spend more than twice that a year on their new apartment!!
in a vlog a long time ago he admitted that he didnt make any money off of youtube, I think he said he makes more off freelancing and other jobs. im sure his stint at trixin help him make a lot of connections and showcase a lot of his work to people. other than that. maybe he just likes posting for the heck of it.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

I'm pretty sure Tyler just dissed Trixin and their crappy designs in this video. He's a little bit too full of himself. Trixin wasn't amazing (by far), but why would he say things like that about Shay's company and the company that provided him with a lot of things for two years??? Shay's the only reason he has any audience on YT - and had MOST of the career he's had so far.

It makes me curious how Trixin really fell apart at the end.....

[youtube][/youtube]

I also just noticed Haylee removed any reference to Trixin from her LinkedIn and replaced it with with working for Tyler's "company" since last year. Weird.

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

Eh, I don't think his criticisms were unfair. Shay probably gave him all this false hope and promises. Nothing turned out how he thought it would, and Shay kinda screwed over everyone involved in trixin.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Sarai wrote:Eh, I don't think his criticisms were unfair. Shay probably gave him all this false hope and promises. Nothing turned out how he thought it would, and Shay kinda screwed over everyone involved in trixin.
They all had stars in their eyes, frankly. And dollar signs. Shay gave them (and everyone else) some BS about how Trixin was going to be "the next North Face", but didn't invest real money in good products and marketing. And he only hired family and friends, and nobody who knew anything about clothing, design, or marketing. I am not an expert at all, but even I know that if you want surfers and snowboarders to wear your stuff, it has to be good quality, cool, and you have to sponsor events. They were all taken in by Shay's bombast, believed everything he said, and got taken in. It was pretty naive, actually. I guess that's why everyone who jumped on the bandwagon was in their early twenties and inexperienced in the real world.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I think they thought he was this great deal maker and mover and shaker because he started from nothing and ended with millions. But a lot of that was just luck.and timing.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

ewokfan11 wrote:I'm pretty sure Tyler just dissed Trixin and their crappy designs in this video. He's a little bit too full of himself. Trixin wasn't amazing (by far), but why would he say things like that about Shay's company and the company that provided him with a lot of things for two years??? Shay's the only reason he has any audience on YT - and had MOST of the career he's had so far.

It makes me curious how Trixin really fell apart at the end.....

[youtube][/youtube]

I also just noticed Haylee removed any reference to Trixin from her LinkedIn and replaced it with with working for Tyler's "company" since last year. Weird.
I dont like tyler because of his treatment towards samika but he told no lies here

I look forward to him spilling more beans about trixin

You can see he takes his craft seriously but he went to work for a clown (shaycarl)

shay is all about the wow wow wow look at me I things with my name on it, he never cared about making a legit tshirt company

as long as there were naive teenage girls the shirts would be sold and money would be made

Im glad samika got out earlier, Tyler seems depleted and really bitter about having his time wasted. dont blame him

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I had to scroll through the vlog to get to the "important" part. Jeez. What a yawn. And filming Hayley from across the room, when you can't understand a word she's saying. These two are so unrelatable! No wonder they have so few views.
Anyway, I totally get what he was saying about Trixin, and it's totally believable. None of them had any experience with designing clothing, and Carlie certainly was no designer. And I can easily believe that they thought everything they did was wonderful. And all Shay's BS about how they were going to be the next North Face, when they were just taking designs and throwing them on cheap t-shirts and hats.
What I don't believe is that he uses critical as motivation to do better, or that he has a "thick skin". After the way he treated Sam, I find it very difficult to believe.

Sun88
Informer
Informer

Post by Sun88 »

Is Trixin even making any money nowadays? I was surprised that Logan talked about it..I thought they went bankrupt. Does anyone have more info? Do people really still buy that stuff? It was never more than Shaytards fan merchandise and it all went down went the Shaytards disappeared.

Sun88
Informer
Informer

Post by Sun88 »

Did you see the new fall jackets? The logo looks SO bad!
Can anyone maybe post the picture on here? I, unfortunately, can´t log in from my phone to show you guys. Why don´t they just stop? I don´t think anyone is buying their stuff anymore??

LyricalWarrior
Learner
Learner

Post by LyricalWarrior »

$75 for that new jacket? :roll:

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

LyricalWarrior wrote:$75 for that new jacket? :roll:
Greedy bastards.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Greedy bastards.

I grew up in Oregon, so $75 for a waterproof jacket is actually pretty CHEAP! But...I wonder about the quality. I bought Helly Hansen, Columbia or North Face (all run more like $200+ for a good coat). I'm guessing their version is cheaply made, not REALLY water-proof and made in China.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Ok--so if he really wants to be"The next North Face", this is the type of thing they should be doing. Not cheap ass, screened, poorly designed Gildan t-shirts.
But the question remains, who is going to buy it? I would rather go with an established brand like Lands End or North Face if I am going to drop that kind of money on winter gear. I still think he's kidding himself. Delusions of grandeur. Does the catalogue even say where it's made? At least with Columbia or North Face, you know it's US made.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

Maybe they're selling them at the ski resort that shay bought

Post by Guest »

ewokfan11 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Greedy bastards.

I grew up in Oregon, so $75 for a waterproof jacket is actually pretty CHEAP! But...I wonder about the quality. I bought Helly Hansen, Columbia or North Face (all run more like $200+ for a good coat). I'm guessing their version is cheaply made, not REALLY water-proof and made in China.
Logan had a snapchat trying it out. He put his sleeve under running water and it seemed to be waterproof alright. But you're right it's likely cheaply made.

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”