The Try Guys - Part 2

ThunderHam
Learner
Learner

Re: The Try Guys - Part 2

Post by ThunderHam »

Ehh. I don’t think they’re that interesting. I kinda cringed at the stage show they did too. I watch them for dumb eat the menu etc. type shit, and even that is wearing thin these days.

g_gurl21
Debater
Debater

Post by g_gurl21 »

(i'm a casual viewer, but recently started to get more into their content during quarantine.)

Ariel is confusing?

Wondering if others feel the same way. In the podcasts, it almost seems that she's just thinking out loud, rather than actually connecting with the others. When others make comments or small jokes in response to something she says, she just politely giggles and continues her sentence as if she was being interrupted in the middle of a presentation. I guess it's hard to gauge her personality. She smiles and laughs and talks a lot, but there's something about her that seems distant, as if she's in her own world...

sicksadworld
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by sicksadworld »

She definitely strikes me as a "pinterest mom" - those parents who want to appear they have their shit together and are always doing or saying stuff to try to impress the "normal moms." She seems like someone who is concerned about appearances - it's fitting she's an interior designer. She has a young child at home but her house is always clean and trendy and decorated for the cameras when let's be real - most households with young kids never look that polished all the time.

I think she's a nice person who is maybe uncomfortable being on camera and feels she always has to be performing? Whereas the others are more comfortable being themselves or even relish the attention (Becky).

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

I enjoyed the dumplings episode. I really like Matt. He's a little awkward but in an endearing way.
I have no fucks left to give.

mags12
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mags12 »

I definitely think Ariel doesn't quite fit in with the others and it can be awkward.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks they should stop including that kid in videos! Their content isn't kid-friendly, it just doesn't add anything to the videos to have him there.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Okay he didn't bother me so much before but just extremely recently Zach has been irritating the hell out of me. Like, I feel as if he thinks he always needs to be talking, to the detriment of any others, he'll talk over them sometimes. Also his mannerisms. I dunno.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

WhimsicalKoala
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WhimsicalKoala »

Zach has long annoyed me, but I haven't been so tempted to just turn it off as I was in one of the recent podcasts when he brought up Harry Styles. He just wouldn't shut up, and then when Eugene brought up how basically everything he was saying was wrong and part of the problem he felt the need to try and both paraphrase and try to make himself look good. I really appreciated Keith seeming to really sit back and listen and letting Eugene have the platform.

Zack does that quite a bit, especially when social issues have been so front and center lately. He wants to be seen as "super woke", but he gets a lot of facts wrong and doesn't seem to really listen to the people that are actually facing the discrimination and harassment. Dude is the dictionary definition of performative allyship.

sicksadworld
Learner
Learner

Post by sicksadworld »

For me, Zach seems to do better when he's one-on-one with someone or alone. I really enjoyed the podcast he did with just Myles because all the other guys were busy. I also really loved his secret competition videos, or the ones where he's just talking to the camera about his physical and emotional struggles. When he's in a group, he seems overly eager to try to stand out from everyone and it actually makes me notice him even less.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Yes I did like the competition videos Zach did.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

I get that having a baby and a second one on the way means that Ariel won't be hanging out with the other partners as much but it's still always a bit weird when you see a group photo and she's the only one not in it. I noticed it during one of their birthday's as well (I think Maggie's) and most of the photos was Maggie with Becky and Matt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

How come Keith is not in the intro lineup but Becky is, in the latest vid?

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

treesinthewind wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:51 am

Because it was an episode with Becky in it and she is Keith's wife. So they replaced his portrait with her's for this episode.

being human
Learner
Learner

Post by being human »

Penelope penny wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:55 pm

I get that having a baby and a second one on the way means that Ariel won't be hanging out with the other partners as much but it's still always a bit weird when you see a group photo and she's the only one not in it. I noticed it during one of their birthday's as well (I think Maggie's) and most of the photos was Maggie with Becky and Matt.
Is that Maggie? Whoever dressed her did her dirty. Becky's body looks bangin, though.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Is it me or did they start out strong following COVID guidelines, staying separated getting creative with content around that etc and lately, they're acting like any other You Tubers that insist on collabing.

I understand their immediate little work bubble. That's fine. Just them and essential staff, tested regularly and following guidelines. But this Eat The Menu bringing in that girl (can't remember her name, from another Eat The Menu where they stayed separate in their cars) to participate? I'll bet since Keith does stuff with Lewburger they get tested often too so I don't mind the two of them as much.

I don't know. L.A. is horrible right now, and they have mutated strains running around on top of it. Getting a rapid test to do a video is NOT a carte blanche. Those are so often not reliable. I don't know... I just feel some kind of way about this. I'm over it all too. Trust me, I am. But as long as I am waiting on the vaccine, and for that herd immunity from that and it's deemed safer, I'm still distancing, wearing my mask and sanitizing.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

I wish none of the new people existed on this channel. They just make the content worse.
Except Becky.

cantbelieveit
Learner
Learner

Post by cantbelieveit »

Did anyone watch their documentary? I have been a fan of the guys since Buzzfeed and want to watch it but I’m also not trying to spend money on an okay documentary that doesn’t show me anything new

kz84
Informer
Informer

Post by kz84 »

How many podcasts do these bozos need??

cantbelieveit
Learner
Learner

Post by cantbelieveit »

Where the heck has Eugene been? Idk if it feels like forever since he’s been in a video for me or if he actually just hasn’t shown up in any content for a hot minute

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

cantbelieveit wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:34 pm
Where the heck has Eugene been? Idk if it feels like forever since he’s been in a video for me or if he actually just hasn’t shown up in any content for a hot minute
From what I understand, he'll be back, he's just taking time right now to focus on some personal projects.

Return to “N-Z”