Love_the_kitz
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Disney Vloggers and Distwitter

Post by Love_the_kitz »

Chococat76 wrote:
britofanescapehabit wrote: Can I just rant about Justin Scarred's Child bride for a moment? I enjoy Justin's Vlogs and have watched him for a time, much longer than Ali has been on the scene and most of the time she's just there looking smug but this most recent vlog took the cake. Renting an ECV for the Disney rash. My OH gets this rash without fail every time we go to Disney and he would never DREAM of getting an ECV for it, if everyone who got that rash got an ECV the parks would be more rammed than they already are with ECVs. I have a severely damaged ankle that makes it difficult for me to walk sometimes and I wouldn't get an ECV! I don't know why it just really, really, really irritates me that he treats her as some kind of delicate tiny flower and that she can't just deal with it and push through cause that's what most people do.
I'm a local. I used to be a CM 20 years ago. I'm a long-time AP since then. Can someone please explain to me what the frick is "Disney rash" ??? I never heard of it until Aly and Justin referenced it in that video.
I've had it once, it's a very painful burning rash that happens on lower extremities that are exposed to the sun rays bouncing off the pavement. Typically happens with the fair skinned who forget to protect their legs and feet with a good spf lotion, or it is expired (or has sweat off). The rash stops in straight lines where the skin is covered up. After that experience I have remembered to buy brand new name brand lotion before each trip and to keep covered as much as the temps will allow.

BTW - it happens in other states too, not just Florida, but the key is to have long exposure to the rays off the pavement. The only cure is to get out of the sun and cover up when out in the sun and wait it out. Other than heading to bed that night, Allie didn't do any of these things so hers lasted longer. Since it is not an allergic reaction,although it may feel like one, the only thing Benedryl will do is knock you out so those around you don't hear the complaints :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Love_the_kitz wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am
Chococat76 wrote: I'm a local. I used to be a CM 20 years ago. I'm a long-time AP since then. Can someone please explain to me what the frick is "Disney rash" ??? I never heard of it until Aly and Justin referenced it in that video.
I've had it once, it's a very painful burning rash that happens on lower extremities that are exposed to the sun rays bouncing off the pavement. Typically happens with the fair skinned who forget to protect their legs and feet with a good spf lotion, or it is expired (or has sweat off). The rash stops in straight lines where the skin is covered up. After that experience I have remembered to buy brand new name brand lotion before each trip and to keep covered as much as the temps will allow.

BTW - it happens in other states too, not just Florida, but the key is to have long exposure to the rays off the pavement. The only cure is to get out of the sun and cover up when out in the sun and wait it out. Other than heading to bed that night, Allie didn't do any of these things so hers lasted longer. Since it is not an allergic reaction,although it may feel like one, the only thing Benedryl will do is knock you out so those around you don't hear the complaints :rofl:
So...it's basically heat rash? happening in hot, humid environments?

Thanks for the info!

Love_the_kitz
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by Love_the_kitz »

Chococat76 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 am
Love_the_kitz wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am

Thanks for the info!
Not heat rash, which is the sweat glands getting clogged, it's a reaction to the sun reflections. I've seen runners get it at our Boston Marathon up here in April of all times. It's only the very fair skinned it seems to impact.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... q-20058163

fish_bowl
Talker
Talker

Post by fish_bowl »

I’m guessing Disney rash is basically heat rash. I’m from the Midwest and got heat rash on my arms during my last trip in May of this year. It didn’t hurt, just a little itchy and ugly. In no way did it effect my trip. But maybe I’m wrong about the meaning.

mac
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mac »

:( I am sad to say I just can't watch Michael Kay anymore as long as his brother is in the vlogs - it just completely changes his vlogs and vlogging style. He's less informative and the vlog revolves around his brother. I absolutely cannot stand David's constant mugging in the background and the nodding, OMG the nodding!! Wish Michael would go back to his old style, it's just not for us anymore. I wish him well and great success :)

TheTestAccount
Learner
Learner

Post by TheTestAccount »

ziggy777 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 am
How many trips does Tom Corless take in a year? Where does he get all of this money?
Some have said family money, but the website does make a ton of money. Millions of views every month (some acquired via clickbait and false rumors) generates quite a bit of revenue.

Zephyrhills
Informer
Informer

Post by Zephyrhills »

mac wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am
:( I am sad to say I just can't watch Michael Kay anymore as long as his brother is in the vlogs - it just completely changes his vlogs and vlogging style. He's less informative and the vlog revolves around his brother. I absolutely cannot stand David's constant mugging in the background and the nodding, OMG the nodding!! Wish Michael would go back to his old style, it's just not for us anymore. I wish him well and great success :)
I have not watched an entire vlog from either Michael or David for weeks. Michael is just not creating the same content. This is more like watching one long, very long, vacation vlog. (can you imagine the cruise vlogs coming up?) His viewing numbers seem to be about the same everyday so I guess Michael isn't interested in people like me.

And it might be nitpicking, but the vlogs are all over the place, sometimes the brothers put out the same content on the same day, and everything seems out of order.

I wonder if Michael is losing the viewers who valued not only his opinion but enjoyed getting Disney news from him. He has yet to offer a review of recent Disney movies, he has only filmed the Skyliner and told us how eager he is to ride, he doesn't seem to know as much as he did before about what is going on in the parks. All he keeps telling us is how he has not lost the magic. I moved to the area 29 years ago, I am an AP, I get it.

Post by Guest »

Love_the_kitz wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:25 am
Chococat76 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 am

Thanks for the info!
Not heat rash, which is the sweat glands getting clogged, it's a reaction to the sun reflections. I've seen runners get it at our Boston Marathon up here in April of all times. It's only the very fair skinned it seems to impact.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... q-20058163
Aly certainly is fair-skinned, that's for sure!

ami0910
Learner
Learner

Post by ami0910 »

Zephyrhills wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:18 am
mac wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am
I have not watched an entire vlog from either Michael or David for weeks. Michael is just not creating the same content. This is more like watching one long, very long, vacation vlog. (can you imagine the cruise vlogs coming up?) His viewing numbers seem to be about the same everyday so I guess Michael isn't interested in people like me.

And it might be nitpicking, but the vlogs are all over the place, sometimes the brothers put out the same content on the same day, and everything seems out of order.

I wonder if Michael is losing the viewers who valued not only his opinion but enjoyed getting Disney news from him. He has yet to offer a review of recent Disney movies, he has only filmed the Skyliner and told us how eager he is to ride, he doesn't seem to know as much as he did before about what is going on in the parks. All he keeps telling us is how he has not lost the magic. I moved to the area 29 years ago, I am an AP, I get it.
And the brothers have the exact same opinion on almost everything. For instance when they were rating all the food at F&W, I felt like whatever Michael rated it David would adjust his rating to match his. I was like OMG it's okay not to agree once in a while. I really hope the cruise vlogs are better but 7 nights of David being a bobblehead and miming in the background....idk.

CEM1012
Debater
Debater

Post by CEM1012 »

Anyone have the tea on happiest vlogs on earth? They have got to have haters

Reasons I can’t stand them:
-Jen is obnoxious and very obviously obsessed with herself
-they go to Disney to seemingly just take pics for the gram. Jen is such a wannabe Instagram model
- Jen spends a crazy amount of money on new outfits for each trip and never outfit repeats even tho each dress or romper she wears is $100-200
-they’re wasteful. Only eating dinner at signature restaurants and get apps/entrees/dessert. No way Jen finishes it
-when they actually do eat at QS places they get tons of food just bc it’s “cheap” and complain that it’s disgusting. They got like 4 entrees at the boardwalk hotdog cart and complained and then got pizza and ice cream. Prob spent like $100 on their QS dinner
-they’re too good for Dasani and only drink Fiji and Evian water
-they think they’re foodies just bc they eat at nice restaurants. Saying “wow” after each bite does not mean you’re a foodie
-can’t stand the way Jen eats with her mouth open and smacks her mouth
-they do the same exact thing every single trip. They need to take a break from Disney bc they’re losing the magic and taking it for granted
-they will only fly first class
-they’re so dumb when they speak. Scott stutters or has some type of speech problem I just can’t understand him most of the time and Jen rambles and repeats herself bc she just thinks she’s so important and that the world cares what she has to say
-they’re literally in Disney for more than half the year. Their poor dog. And don’t they have friends or family they need to spend time with at home?!
-Jen is with Scott just for his money. It’s obvious he’s closeted and puts up with Jen to hide it.
-Jen claims she was the first Disney Vloggers ever just bc she took some home movies as a kid
-clickbait titles for their boring vlogs
-Scott seems like a nice guy but has gained SO much weight. Maybe he should take a break from traveling bc eating filet mignon and mac and cheese for every meal is doing him no favors
-they think they’re joffreys coffee spokespeople

I could go on and on. Anyone else feel this way or do people not even know they exist?!

mac
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mac »

CEM1012 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:26 am
Anyone have the tea on happiest vlogs on earth? They have got to have haters

Reasons I can’t stand them:
-Jen is obnoxious and very obviously obsessed with herself
-they go to Disney to seemingly just take pics for the gram. Jen is such a wannabe Instagram model
- Jen spends a crazy amount of money on new outfits for each trip and never outfit repeats even tho each dress or romper she wears is $100-200
-they’re wasteful. Only eating dinner at signature restaurants and get apps/entrees/dessert. No way Jen finishes it
-when they actually do eat at QS places they get tons of food just bc it’s “cheap” and complain that it’s disgusting. They got like 4 entrees at the boardwalk hotdog cart and complained and then got pizza and ice cream. Prob spent like $100 on their QS dinner
-they’re too good for Dasani and only drink Fiji and Evian water
-they think they’re foodies just bc they eat at nice restaurants. Saying “wow” after each bite does not mean you’re a foodie
-can’t stand the way Jen eats with her mouth open and smacks her mouth
-they do the same exact thing every single trip. They need to take a break from Disney bc they’re losing the magic and taking it for granted
-they will only fly first class
-they’re so dumb when they speak. Scott stutters or has some type of speech problem I just can’t understand him most of the time and Jen rambles and repeats herself bc she just thinks she’s so important and that the world cares what she has to say
-they’re literally in Disney for more than half the year. Their poor dog. And don’t they have friends or family they need to spend time with at home?!
-Jen is with Scott just for his money. It’s obvious he’s closeted and puts up with Jen to hide it.
-Jen claims she was the first Disney Vloggers ever just bc she took some home movies as a kid
-clickbait titles for their boring vlogs
-Scott seems like a nice guy but has gained SO much weight. Maybe he should take a break from traveling bc eating filet mignon and mac and cheese for every meal is doing him no favors
-they think they’re joffreys coffee spokespeople

I could go on and on. Anyone else feel this way or do people not even know they exist?!
We used to watch them but it got old Jen trying soooooo hard for the camera. It has gotten so much worse, I think she thinks it's cute but it's grating, hubby cannot stand her antics and how immature she comes off anymore. They seem like nice people but yeah, can be pretentious. And seriously - she needs to shut up about every animal being Stanley - their dog whom they leave half the year.

TunaNoodle
Talker
Talker

Post by TunaNoodle »

Chococat76 wrote:
britofanescapehabit wrote: Can I just rant about Justin Scarred's Child bride for a moment? I enjoy Justin's Vlogs and have watched him for a time, much longer than Ali has been on the scene and most of the time she's just there looking smug but this most recent vlog took the cake. Renting an ECV for the Disney rash. My OH gets this rash without fail every time we go to Disney and he would never DREAM of getting an ECV for it, if everyone who got that rash got an ECV the parks would be more rammed than they already are with ECVs. I have a severely damaged ankle that makes it difficult for me to walk sometimes and I wouldn't get an ECV! I don't know why it just really, really, really irritates me that he treats her as some kind of delicate tiny flower and that she can't just deal with it and push through cause that's what most people do.
I'm a local. I used to be a CM 20 years ago. I'm a long-time AP since then. Can someone please explain to me what the frick is "Disney rash" ??? I never heard of it until Aly and Justin referenced it in that video.
it's heat rash basically. Bigger people get it where skin rubs on skin (aka "chub rub") but if you're sensitive to heat, use a lot of pore-clogging products etc... you can get it in other spots like elbows, knee pits, under your boobs etc... as well.

Klb22
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Klb22 »

What happened with Sarah and Leo? I was wondering why he wasn’t in her stories at wdw and seen that they apparently broke up. Also does anyone follow Magical Lifestyle aka Raven the criminal on Instagram? She tried keeping money I sent for a purchase without ever sending the merch. Thank god I purchased through PayPal and I was able to get my money back! It doesn’t surprise me that she stole from Disney and has a mug shot floating around. Also what’s the deal with the ohyeah people? They have to had come from money. They built a home and have the magic kingdom fireworks as the backyard view. The girl is constantly promoting people to buy their cheap china made clothes to pay for their next Tokyo trip. Something seems odd about them.

Love_the_kitz
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by Love_the_kitz »

TunaNoodle wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 am
Chococat76 wrote: I'm a local. I used to be a CM 20 years ago. I'm a long-time AP since then. Can someone please explain to me what the frick is "Disney rash" ??? I never heard of it until Aly and Justin referenced it in that video.
it's heat rash basically. Bigger people get it where skin rubs on skin (aka "chub rub") but if you're sensitive to heat, use a lot of pore-clogging products etc... you can get it in other spots like elbows, knee pits, under your boobs etc... as well.
What you're describing here is heat rash, not "the Disney rash". See my link to mayo-clinic above for a description... it's a reaction to the light.

Post by Guest »

Love_the_kitz wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 am
TunaNoodle wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 am
What you're describing here is heat rash, not "the Disney rash". See my link to mayo-clinic above for a description... it's a reaction to the light.
OK this is a crazy topic to be going back and forth on...but I actually Googled it and a bunch of articles came up. LOL :D

This one in particular says it's more to do with heat, than direct reaction to the sunlight, or sun's rays...

Lots of walking / physical activity = Fluid retention in legs = swollen. Heat plus swelling = rash.

Quote from one of the articles -

https://thedisneyspin.com/what-is-the-disney-rash/

Causes of the Disney Rash?

While the actual cause isn’t fully known, a reasonable explanation is the rash is caused by a combination of increased physical exercise combined with that Florida heat.

Anyone who uses a FitBit knows that walking around a Disney Park for a day or a week, covers a whole load of steps. We have walked over 12 miles several times in a day before! Now ask yourself, how much do you normally walk in a day or a week at home?

All of this increased exercise leads to fluid retention in your legs and they can become swollen. This extra fluid stretches out the small blood vessels in your legs. The irritation from the swelling in combination with the heat (not to be mistaken for the sun) is the current reasoning for the redness. If you think about it, this makes sense. Why does the redness happen just above the sock line? Because below that, the sock (and shoes) are providing some compression and preventing the blood vessels in those areas from getting swollen and irritated.

Love_the_kitz
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by Love_the_kitz »

Chococat76 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:49 pm
Love_the_kitz wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 am
OK this is a crazy topic to be going back and forth on...but I actually Googled it and a bunch of articles came up. LOL :D

This one in particular says it's more to do with heat, than direct reaction to the sunlight, or sun's rays...

Lots of walking / physical activity = Fluid retention in legs = swollen. Heat plus swelling = rash.

While the actual cause isn’t fully known, a reasonable explanation is the rash is caused by a combination of increased physical exercise combined with that Florida heat.

Anyone who uses a FitBit knows that walking around a Disney Park for a day or a week, covers a whole load of steps. We have walked over 12 miles several times in a day before! Now ask yourself, how much do you normally walk in a day or a week at home?

All of this increased exercise leads to fluid retention in your legs and they can become swollen. This extra fluid stretches out the small blood vessels in your legs. The irritation from the swelling in combination with the heat (not to be mistaken for the sun) is the current reasoning for the redness. If you think about it, this makes sense. Why does the redness happen just above the sock line? Because below that, the sock (and shoes) are providing some compression and preventing the blood vessels in those areas from getting swollen and irritated.
I've had it. I've seen runners with it. It has nothing to do with fluid retention. The rash cuts off where the socks cover, yes, but it also cuts off where loose capris end. That has nothing to do with compression and everything to do with sun exposure.

Anyway, I know you love to argue and this really makes no difference in your life so I'm calling a stop to this nonsense. I just didn't want anyone googling Disney rash and coming up with your solutions thinking it's something non-preventable when all that is needed is some coverage.

Post by Guest »

Love_the_kitz wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:22 pm
Chococat76 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:49 pm

I've had it. I've seen runners with it. It has nothing to do with fluid retention. The rash cuts off where the socks cover, yes, but it also cuts off where loose capris end. That has nothing to do with compression and everything to do with sun exposure.

Anyway, I know you love to argue and this really makes no difference in your life so I'm calling a stop to this nonsense. I just didn't want anyone googling Disney rash and coming up with your solutions thinking it's something non-preventable when all that is needed is some coverage.

Yes. The happy face emoji I used clearly showed I was arguing. :roll:

I wasn't "coming up with solutions" … not sure what that's supposed to mean.

I didn't realize I couldn't Google this infamous rash? I was only trying to find out info and putting out what I found. LOL

I had simply never heard of it in the 20+ years I've lived in Florida, when I was a CM, and the 15+ years I've been an AP. That's all.

Beyond that, there seems to be differing opinions on this board of what it is... and the folks who wrote up articles on this rash (one of which I had innocently highlighted) differ from your "the sun rays did it" definition of it.

So...Guess that makes me... loving to argue? Simply wanting to find out a definitive answer? For something I wanted to learn about... Okaaay.

Post by Guest »

BTW, if you actually READ the article rather than simply shooting off a response to me, you'd have seen the author REFERS to it as RUNNER'S RASH with the scientific name. Ya know, the thing you said you saw runners with in Boston?

What is the Disney Rash?
The Disney Rash has many names. Some may call it Golfers Rash, Runners Rash or even Hikers Rash. But it does in fact have a scientific name: Exercise-Induced Vasculitis.

AND you said earlier - "Not heat rash, which is the sweat glands getting clogged, it's a reaction to the sun reflections." -

You know that the sun reflecting off the pavement makes HEAT.
Walking makes fluid retention. Heat plus fluid retention equals swelling = rash... a heat-related rash.

https://www.verywellfit.com/leg-heat-ra ... is-3435796

But, whatever, you know best, Doc! I was just trying to find an answer.

AtDisneyAgain
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AtDisneyAgain »

There's a reason compression stockings prevent it.

Post by Guest »

AtDisneyAgain wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:45 pm
There's a reason compression stockings prevent it.
Yep. Swelling / inflammation from walking and the heat. Compression stockings recommended.

Not just a "a reaction to the light" … sans the heat. The heat and humidity is what exacerbates it.

https://www.healthline.com/health/disney-rash#symptoms

Anyways... sucks for anyone that has it and I hope it rectifies quickly when someone gets it! :)

Maybe Love the Kitz is referring to a TRUE sun allergy (as in the link she put for the Mayo Clinic)... not this Disney rash thingie...

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”