Lucy Wood

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lucy Wood

Post by fighead »

I really like her video ideas but I had to stop watching them because of the sheer amount of descriptions and voices and mini skits she does. I get that she's trying to be relatable but I found it tooooo many.

CatsandKnitting
Learner
Learner

Post by CatsandKnitting »

Biba girl wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:09 am
menene wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:10 am
Hagatha wrote:I don't understand how she doesn't get that all her self-deprecating comments (and I understand that they're a coping mechanism for her) also make other people feel bad. Sometimes you just have to stop and consider how your behaviour affects the people around you. It's super shitty to anyone with similar features to hear them constantly being run down.

I'm sure many of us have had that one friend who always goes on about how huge their thighs are or their pudgy tummy or whatever. Not only is it tedious and draining to listen to but it's so easy to end up feeling bad about your own body. Just stop.
I think she does understand that - she says that this idea makes her think about quitting YouTube

Wysłane z mojego WAS-LX1 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I thought she wanted to quit because those comments were making HER feel bad about the content she produces, not because they were making her realise that SHE's the one making people feel bad. Basically she brushed it off that some people don't understand her style of humor, and don't want someone with "personality", they just want a "mannequin". She totally played the victim card there.

I agree. You can be funny and talk about how weird/unflattering some clothes are on you, and make it hilarious even, without having to talk about how terrible your body is. She is constantly preaching how brands don't size correctly, but when the clothing comes, she sort of blames her own body again and again. It's so tiring to watch to be honest.

Post by Guest »

I actually can't watch her anymore because of her "voices". The "scouser" and the "American broad" are particularly irritating. It's a shame because I used to really enjoy her videos.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

She wouldn't shut up about being size 14. And now that she's gained weight, she's not even mentioning what size she got.

And yes, the voices, the skits, the singing, ugh. It's like watching someone with multiple personalities and all those personalities are annoying af.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

SubordinateClaws wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:29 pm
I actually can't watch her anymore because of her "voices". The "scouser" and the "American broad" are particularly irritating. It's a shame because I used to really enjoy her videos.
The Essex mum is the worst for me aaaahhh

Post by Guest »

her video that she uploaded with the bun is just next level self pity. i swear she is looking for any and every excuse to feel bad about herself so she can subtly shade girls who are thinner than her

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

That bun video, OMG, she spent the whole time comparing herself to that love island girl. HOW ON EARTH does she think she's a positive influence?? All she does is talk herself down, hyperfocus on her "imperfections", compare herself to thinner girls and drag everyone down in this massive pity fest. " Am I right, girls?? We all hate ourselves, let's hate ourselves together!".
And of course, as intented and expected, everyone feels sorry for her in the comment and tries to convince her that she's better looking and has better hair than the love island girl. Yikes. That therapy doesn't seem to be working for her at all. She's only sliding even further into her maladaptive coping strategies.

fuckedoff
Informer
Informer

Post by fuckedoff »

Her latest video says 14/16.. reading here? ha

Pufnica
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pufnica »

She's cute and all, I like to watch her videos, but she's got some issues :/
Her "problem area" aren't her thighs, it's her tummy. Every time she says she has a smaller waist I cringe.
The way she describes her thoughts about herself...I have never, ever, everrr even heard someone say anything like that about themselves. People usually rant over other peoples bodies xD
And often I think she makes herself more clumsy than she really is. Like, you can't make a bun? You seriously think that poor roasted bleached Love Island girl looks better than you? She's just thin, but looks like a nightmare. You take a whole day to tidy up your cabinet? Liar...

LisaSimpson
Talker
Talker

Post by LisaSimpson »

I hate how the majority of her videos are sponsored...I feel like she says she likes things she clearly hates just because she got them for free.

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

Does she edit her insta photos. She looks so different in the photos than in her videos. Both her face and body always look thinner.

Pufnica
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pufnica »

My fav brand Miss Selfridge. My fav brand Monki. My fav brand is X.
Literally 90% of my wardrobe is... :roll:
No, no, no. Bad advertisement!
And she accepts sponsorships from such strange companies, I can't even...

codeine
Lurker
Lurker

Post by codeine »

Genuinely baffled by the hate for her on here. I think she’s great, clearly completely genuine compared to so many other identikit you tubers. I guess non brits will have a harder time relating regarding the humour and stuff.

menene
Debater
Debater

Post by menene »

codeine wrote:Genuinely baffled by the hate for her on here. I think she’s great, clearly completely genuine compared to so many other identikit you tubers. I guess non brits will have a harder time relating regarding the humour and stuff.
I think the same! Created a thread for her thinking she's so relatable, but... Well Image still think she's cool, and she can laugh at herself in a hilarious way

codeine
Lurker
Lurker

Post by codeine »

menene wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:18 am
codeine wrote:Genuinely baffled by the hate for her on here. I think she’s great, clearly completely genuine compared to so many other identikit you tubers. I guess non brits will have a harder time relating regarding the humour and stuff.
I think the same! Created a thread for her thinking she's so relatable, but... Well Image still think she's cool, and she can laugh at herself in a hilarious way

I love her odd self deprecating humour and general weirdness. It’s a coping mechanism guys! I can completely relate to it!

scamlifeguru
Informer
Informer

Post by scamlifeguru »

She’d have fewer issues with clothes if she’d shop better quality companies (ModCloth, collectif, Retrolicious). Could also really benefit from higher quality undergarments (high waisted leggings, smoothing shorts, a strapless bra). When you’re a size 2 teenager you can wear whatever you want and it looks fine; when you grow up you have to put more thought and more money into your wardrobe. That’s just life, not sure why it causes Lucy so much angst.

For anyone who thinks self deprecating humor is a harmless coping mechanism, pls watch the trailer for Hannah gadsby’s Netflix special for a perfect 30 second summary of why it’s not:

PlastickyFantasticky
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by PlastickyFantasticky »

scamlifeguru wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:09 pm
She’d have fewer issues with clothes if she’d shop better quality companies (ModCloth, collectif, Retrolicious). Could also really benefit from higher quality undergarments (high waisted leggings, smoothing shorts, a strapless bra). When you’re a size 2 teenager you can wear whatever you want and it looks fine; when you grow up you have to put more thought and more money into your wardrobe. That’s just life, not sure why it causes Lucy so much angst.

For anyone who thinks self deprecating humor is a harmless coping mechanism, pls watch the trailer for Hannah gadsby’s Netflix special for a perfect 30 second summary of why it’s not:

That is a fantastic clip and so relevant, thank you for sharing. I totally agree about the quality of the clothes, some of the cheaper online brands are 'blown together'.

At the beginning I thought that Lucy was accessible, intelligent and amusing, but as time has elapsed she's bloody annoying. Her 'comedy skits' aren't funny and her constant personal put downs are annoying. Syrely Lucy Wood and Helen Anderson are nearly 30? They are both in arrested development.

bolognese
Learner
Learner

Post by bolognese »

Lucy needs to stop the accents and the fake happiness.
She's clearly miserable about her size and if it's such a problem then she needs to do something about it because honestly, whenever she makes a joke aka puts herself down for her appearance i get really annoyed at her. She's good looking, smart and sometimes funny... Why do you really NEED to be skinny aswell?
Sometimes I think if she's not happy being gorgeous the way she is then why should I?

dressagediva
Informer
Informer

Post by dressagediva »

I love Lucy, one of the few vloggers I can watch as they all annoy me! She's so normal, clever, funny - and I love that she's northern in a sea of southerners in the YouTube world <3

The only thing that irritates me is the American accent. I just don't find it funny. I don't mind her doing Scouse as she's from Merseyside, nor the Cockney one as she lives in London - both kind of make sense. But the American one is so grating.

I also wonder if she still sees that awful Gabbie? I can't imagine how they ever got along.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Why tf would she buy a refrigerator without measuring the space first?! That's ridiculous that she's keeping the fridge (in her living room!) all because it's "cute" and "one day" she's going to renovate the kitchen. Smh. Going into the living room to get things from the fridge while cooking is going to get old really fast. And she might not even like the fridge anymore by the time she actually gets around to redoing her kitchen.

Return to “A-M”