Eve Cornwell

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eve Cornwell

Post by YellowLadybird »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM8qRG ... v31L7xeeEQ

Eve is one of the 'Study-Tube' gang - graduated from Bristol Law, now doing an LPC before going to work at LinkLaters, a top top firm. Makes videos about revising, the world of law, and coffee. Mainly coffee. Managed by Sixteenth and does the 'Wooden Spoon' podcast with UnJaded Jade, Ruby Granger and Jack Edwards.

Have at it, GG-ers.

Re: Eve Cornwell

Post by Guest »

Thank you so much for this thread, haha.
I feel like Eve is trying soo hard to be popular and ~relatable~ which annoys me so much. Her personality just feels like teenage girl twitter culture combined into one person and talking about coffee as if she needed it to survive is just the tip of the ice berg for me.
IMHO she is trying to combine studytube and general popular youtube which doesn't really work out because those main audiences are very different personality-wise.

etoiles139
Learner
Learner

Post by etoiles139 »

I personally really like her! The whole coffee personality is a bit basic tho
what are people's thoughts on the wooden spoon podcast? I find the episodes quite boring, it always feels like they've been talking about the same thing for the whole 40 mins and I don't actually find it v motivational

Post by Guest »

etoiles139 wrote:I personally really like her! The whole coffee personality is a bit basic tho
what are people's thoughts on the wooden spoon podcast? I find the episodes quite boring, it always feels like they've been talking about the same thing for the whole 40 mins and I don't actually find it v motivational
Podcast-wise I feel like it's just quite repetitive? Maybe it's because they're used to videos that are a lot shorter, but they just keep rambling on and on and constantly repeating themselves.

femme_rompue
Lurker
Lurker

Post by femme_rompue »

Yeah I’m not a massive fan of the podcast- it doesn’t really seem like a passion project, just something their management wanted them to do and it seems like they talk about the issues in a more concise way on their channels so I don’t really get the point? It’s good as background noise when I’m studying though ;)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

etoiles139
Learner
Learner

Post by etoiles139 »

femme_rompue wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:09 am
Yeah I’m not a massive fan of the podcast- it doesn’t really seem like a passion project, just something their management wanted them to do and it seems like they talk about the issues in a more concise way on their channels so I don’t really get the point? It’s good as background noise when I’m studying though ;)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
yeah totally agree! great for background noise but is pretty pointless and not anything new that they haven't talked about before

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

Post by chocolatecheesecakes »

I feel like she was better when she was away from the StudyTuber crowd - before she signed to Sixteenth, all of that. The videos she made with her friends at uni felt fully authentic and even her coffee videos aren't that bad imo. It's just the Wooden Spoon podcast that makes me feel like she's selling out to be popular. I genuinely think she's very honest about herself and her personality, in a way that Jade and Eve Bennett probably aren't. It's the same reason why people don't like Ruby Granger - she doesn't try to be someone she's not. And Eve is becoming someone she's not by copying Jade, who is literally the golden girl and gets every opportunity thrown at her.

Basically, I hope people ditch Jade for Eve, so Eve doesn't have to copy the 'popular' StudyTubers anymore. Eve is much more down to earth, more relatable, and her dad probably doesn't exploit people. I know who I look up to more.

Post by Guest »

Also, I find it weird how Eve, Jack, Ruby and Jade comment on each others videos and instagram posts all the time and get upvoted by so many. It's okay, we get it, you guys are friends and inspire each other every single day, or at least, that's what we're supposed to think... I feel like the four just merged into one boring StudyTube cocktail which does, unfortunately, seem to sell quite well.

Concerning Eve, I used to love her videos when I first discovered them in June, she was so relatable and had such a unique vibe. I remember thinking: Please, never become one of those YouTubers who sell merch, never make a podcast. Well, here we are.

Post by Guest »

chocolatecheesecakes wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:42 pm
I feel like she was better when she was away from the StudyTuber crowd - before she signed to Sixteenth, all of that. The videos she made with her friends at uni felt fully authentic and even her coffee videos aren't that bad imo. It's just the Wooden Spoon podcast that makes me feel like she's selling out to be popular. I genuinely think she's very honest about herself and her personality, in a way that Jade and Eve Bennett probably aren't. It's the same reason why people don't like Ruby Granger - she doesn't try to be someone she's not. And Eve is becoming someone she's not by copying Jade, who is literally the golden girl and gets every opportunity thrown at her.

Basically, I hope people ditch Jade for Eve, so Eve doesn't have to copy the 'popular' StudyTubers anymore. Eve is much more down to earth, more relatable, and her dad probably doesn't exploit people. I know who I look up to more.
who does Jade's Dad exploit? not being rude, merely curious as never heard this before

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

elliedelete23xox1 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 pm
chocolatecheesecakes wrote: I feel like she was better when she was away from the StudyTuber crowd - before she signed to Sixteenth, all of that. The videos she made with her friends at uni felt fully authentic and even her coffee videos aren't that bad imo. It's just the Wooden Spoon podcast that makes me feel like she's selling out to be popular. I genuinely think she's very honest about herself and her personality, in a way that Jade and Eve Bennett probably aren't. It's the same reason why people don't like Ruby Granger - she doesn't try to be someone she's not. And Eve is becoming someone she's not by copying Jade, who is literally the golden girl and gets every opportunity thrown at her.

who does Jade's Dad exploit? not being rude, merely curious as never heard this before
He's pretty high up in JuicePlus, which is an MLM (known for spouting bs to sell their products and targeting vulnerable people). If you want to know more, people have talked about it pretty thoroughly in Jade's thread. But basically, he works for a pretty bad company and Jade is pretty much supporting it.

Judymonster
Talker
Talker

Post by Judymonster »

I personnally don't like Eve, she wants to be *super funny* etc but she seems to have a bossy personality type or at least egocentric (I remember that during some lives with other studytubers she wanted to have all attention by talking louder and sometimes cutting off people (rip Ruby))

Also I don't like how she always emphasize on the "law student" status, as if being a law student is harder than everything else to the extent that coffee is needed 24/7

Concerning the wooden spoon, I agree with everything else added above and I would even say (I don't know about you but that's really the case for me) I cringe everytime they mention the wooden spoon in their own videos (for example in the birthday vlog with Jade and Ruby, the enthusiasm seemed so forced it felt awkward)
I also cringe at their "opening"/intro or whatever it is called, I find it very embarrassing. All that for a stupid podcast with people saying obvious facts and vapid opinions.

thequietlurker
Talker
Talker

Post by thequietlurker »

Judymonster wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:17 am
Also I don't like how she always emphasize on the "law student" status, as if being a law student is harder than everything else to the extent that coffee is needed 24/7
Ngl this is my main issue with Eve in a nutshell. A law degree is just a degree... She seems to think she has it so much harder than all other uni students 🙄

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

thequietlurker wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 am
Judymonster wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:17 am
Ngl this is my main issue with Eve in a nutshell. A law degree is just a degree... She seems to think she has it so much harder than all other uni students 🙄
THIS.

I'm a history student at another Russell Group uni and honestly, we get set just as much work as law students. The same amount of reading, the same amount of effort to pass goes in. The only difference here is that we have an independent study week and law doesn't, but that's because we actually have more essays to write than them so the time off is actually warranted for us (and other arts subjects).

Not to mention how medicine is the hardest degree by a mile, just from the amount of dedication needed. Sorry to sound cynical, but all you need for law is contacts in the industry and the same amount of self-motivation it takes to complete any other degree. I wish she would grow up and see this, rather than engaging in all the petty drama that goes on at university.

Ontheblockz
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ontheblockz »

She got annoying extremely quickly. I remember following up before she started gaining a lot of subscribers and she was relatively okay then. Now she's a Emma Chamberlain 2.0 thinking that drinking coffee is a substitute for a personality. Adding in zooming and sound effects during editing doesn't make you more interesting.

Also doesn't anyone think that her youtube will clash with the law stuff later on?? Even though her content is not like rated R, I thought lawyers are usually quite discreet people?

lollypop1999
Learner
Learner

Post by lollypop1999 »

i used to like Eve, and still enjoy her day in the life/informative vids but i am so fed up with the coffee - quirky relatable persona. the personality has been done before, eg emma chamberlain and antonio garza who are MUCH more popular and therefore Eve looks like a rip off

etoiles139
Learner
Learner

Post by etoiles139 »

Ontheblockz wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:07 pm
She got annoying extremely quickly. I remember following up before she started gaining a lot of subscribers and she was relatively okay then. Now she's a Emma Chamberlain 2.0 thinking that drinking coffee is a substitute for a personality. Adding in zooming and sound effects during editing doesn't make you more interesting.

Also doesn't anyone think that her youtube will clash with the law stuff later on?? Even though her content is not like rated R, I thought lawyers are usually quite discreet people?
i've been wondering this! surely her content is either just gonna die down or completely change what she makes when she goes to linklaters in september.

also her latest video was just a basic grwm with a fancy name, although i did like her makeup chat about how extra some gurus are haha

poppythinks
Informer
Informer

Post by poppythinks »

I'm currently at law school in the UK and LegalCheek occasionally post about Eve or one of her videos. All the comments on the posts will be other law students slating her because because her whole "I'm a law student who needs coffee 24/7 and did I mention I'm a law student?" thing reflects badly and reinforces stereotypes that people already have about lawyers and the legal industry. LegalCheek always delete any negative comments about her really fast though.
I personally can't stand the way she talks about studying law. I will be the first to say my degree was no more difficult than any other humanities subject. I would hate to think that Eve's presentation of law as a subject and the legal industry more broadly would put anyone off from studying it. The legal profession has enough elitist and issues with accessibility, it's doesn't need people like her to act like they're god's gift just because of the degree they have.

the_bubble_man
Learner
Learner

Post by the_bubble_man »

poppythinks wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:41 pm
I'm currently at law school in the UK and LegalCheek occasionally post about Eve or one of her videos. All the comments on the posts will be other law students slating her because because her whole "I'm a law student who needs coffee 24/7 and did I mention I'm a law student?" thing reflects badly and reinforces stereotypes that people already have about lawyers and the legal industry. LegalCheek always delete any negative comments about her really fast though.
I personally can't stand the way she talks about studying law. I will be the first to say my degree was no more difficult than any other humanities subject. I would hate to think that Eve's presentation of law as a subject and the legal industry more broadly would put anyone off from studying it. The legal profession has enough elitist and issues with accessibility, it's doesn't need people like her to act like they're god's gift just because of the degree they have.
Oh, see if you can grab some screenshots of that next time they post about her! I can definitely understand the rest of the legal "community" not finding her too palatable...

mwahahahaew
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mwahahahaew »

what are everyone's thoughts on her new vid about kim kardashian? it kinda annoyed me that she kept saying that law is WAY harder than a normal degree

Post by Guest »

mwahahahaew wrote:what are everyone's thoughts on her new vid about kim kardashian? it kinda annoyed me that she kept saying that law is WAY harder than a normal degree
I really liked her video about Kim K because I didn't really understand the situation beforehand but I also got annoyed at her saying that law is ~soo hard~. Not just when talking about the bar exam, but also when talking more broadly about law as a degree. Of course I have no idea how it feels to be a law student, but it just seems like a big pat on the back for herself for having that degree. Great, you had to work hard, do you want a cookie for that?

I feel like law and medicine are two degrees where everyone talks about how hard it is and how much work you have to do to the point of annoying everyone around you (and I say that as someone who wants to study medicine) whereas other degrees that are also hard get ignored.

Return to “A-M”