The Try Guys

plantsandstuff
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Try Guys

Post by plantsandstuff »

I'm only five minutes into the meat pies and im over Keith.

he's one of my favorites but what the fuck is up with him having to be so obnoxious and "on"

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by coffelatte »

The video was fun at first when they were helping make the meat pies but I personally dislike the eating food videos, for me, it feels like "look at all this expensive food we get to try for free and not really even finish because we already ate so much food". Idk I don't like when influencers are like "I ate 1000000 worth of food"

Edit: Oh wait, they changed the title, I'm pretty sure it was called "Try Guys try 1000 worth of Australian meat" or something.

Edit2: yup, found it on my history:
-english is not my first language-

_Qwertyuiop_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by _Qwertyuiop_ »

I've never posted in this thread but my god Eugenes remark about British food being terrible really fucked me off. Saying a whole country has shit food when you've never been there is so rude and disrespectful. The stereotype came about as a result of rationing during the second world war which lasted for many years after it had ended. Out of all of the try guys I wouldn't have expected Eugene to have said something so ignorant since he's been pretty opened minded about all the other dishes they've tried.

~rant over~

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

Eugene has been to the UK - he's posted pictures from photoshoots in London.

I dunno, I'm kinda with him. My mother's cooking and the year I spent in southern England did not convince me that Britain was bringing the game culinarily, with the exception of really, really good tea and a few pastry-adjacent items. It's definitely an old - and thus kinda tired - joke but I'm legit with him on that one. I had some good food in Britain but it was rarely british food.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

the joke with british food being bad is "you guys invaded half the world for spices and now don't use them". as in, british food isn't seasoned, except for maybe salt.
and it's not referring to dishes from foreign countries that have become common things in britain, it's referring to traditional british dishes
The Internet knows all your secrets

Post by Guest »

I was semi-interested in this because I have been told our McDonalds in Australia is better quality meat wise and a bit more 'gourmet' in the options like the specialty burgers and Cafe stuff they now have.

Of course he has to make dick jokes and just go a bit too far. But now I just want a burger and fries lol.

Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer

Post by Pemberleydreams »

I mean,I dont blame Eugene.British cuisine is not a very flavourful one if we are being honest.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:18 am
I was semi-interested in this because I have been told our McDonalds in Australia is better quality meat wise and a bit more 'gourmet' in the options like the specialty burgers and Cafe stuff they now have.

Of course he has to make dick jokes and just go a bit too far. But now I just want a burger and fries lol.
They do have some good looking things, though! Anyway I had to pass the part with those twins. Those baby voices grated on my last nerve.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

thehippiechick wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:37 pm
CheesyBirdMess wrote:

They do have some good looking things, though! Anyway I had to pass the part with those twins. Those baby voices grated on my last nerve.
i dont understand the twins.. whats with the voice, they come across like airheads :?
BANNED

:hugs:

Moffie
Debater
Debater

Post by Moffie »

thehippiechick wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:37 pm
CheesyBirdMess wrote:

The one closest to the center kept talking over the other one.

meebee
Informer
Informer

Post by meebee »

illegal_mind wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:40 am
the joke with british food being bad is "you guys invaded half the world for spices and now don't use them". as in, british food isn't seasoned, except for maybe salt.
and it's not referring to dishes from foreign countries that have become common things in britain, it's referring to traditional british dishes
Also how a lot of it seems like weird combinations of foods, have weird names and often look like diarrhea on the plate. But I’ve had it and it’s not bad at all. I have marmite in my pantry and eat it non-ironically, lol. I’m sure Eugene was joking by poking fun at (what I thought was) a harmless stereotype. Also, he’s definitely been to the UK.

meebee
Informer
Informer

Post by meebee »

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

I’m sick as hell of them using homosexuality as the punch line to every joke. They’re constantly pretending / joking around about being gay and wanting to have sex with each other and it pisses me the hell off.

The amount of gay jokes they made saying they wanted the waiter / eating c*m / etc was insane. All while Eugene sat there with an awkward laugh and smile. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but I think it’s inappropriate for 3 grown, heterosexual men to continually make a mockery out of being gay, especially when one of their best friends IS gay.

Also, this ig post:

Post by Guest »

Zack and Keith sat out the Rugby - but replaced them with Rebecca Zamolo.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

I’m starting to think with all the hats that Zach has been wearing lately that something bad happened with his hair transplant. Anyone else think it failed or is failing?

+TacoBelle+
Talker
Talker

Post by +TacoBelle+ »

lurkermclurkerson wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:57 pm
I’m starting to think with all the hats that Zach has been wearing lately that something bad happened with his hair transplant. Anyone else think it failed or is failing?
He posted a photo of the haircut he got on May 1st, which was the day before the procedure, so it's been about 6.5 months. From everything I've seen, for the first 6 months or so, the hair is starting to grow in but usually looks really sparse and not the greatest. At the 12 month mark most people have a close to final result, but it can take up to 18 months to fully see the change.

So at this point my guess is that he's in the in-between stage and it's just looking real awkward, hence the hats. But I guess we'll see if he makes an update video!

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

He wasn't wearing a hat in the Australian animals video. It didn't look bad - it does still look thin but it was super bright direct Australian light and he's standing next to hirsute Keith and hair-beaut Eugene.

+TacoBelle+
Talker
Talker

Post by +TacoBelle+ »

Ah true, you can kind of see at 6:34 when he's feeding the koala that there's a bit of hair there, but it sort of looks like the thin, wispy hair on a baby's head if you know what I mean? I'd say at 6.5 months out that's still reasonable.

meebee
Informer
Informer

Post by meebee »

Why would you request an Asian baby?

RSJ89
Learner
Learner

Post by RSJ89 »

meebee wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 am
Why would you request an Asian baby?
Because apparently each Try Guy needs a schtick and can't just rely on their personality.

Return to “N-Z”