Sabre Norris & The Norris Nuts

123789s
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sabre Norris & The Norris Nuts

Post by 123789s »

Haven't seen a board for them, but they are a pretty close family and very active.

Sabre was on the Ellen Show. They all have a lot of personality..

The mum successfully got pregnant through IVF.

They did a video on buying Mac & Cheese and it was a bit strange because Mac & Cheese is very common in Australia.

iregretthis
Learner
Learner

Re: Sabre Norris & The Norris Nuts

Post by iregretthis »

Something about their videos really grates me. The plot with the IVF was interesting (and I wish them all the best with it) but you can just tell sometimes that the videos are heavily scripted. I'm sure those kids already had prior knowledge of Mac and Cheese, as an Australian I don't eat it but it's common sense that Big Mac's don't go in M&C. Obviously, the parents wanted to play on Biggy's naivety for views instead of correcting him.

I'm not sure who plays the bigger role in editing the videos and promo'ing them (the dad or the mum) but I feel like this channel is some kind of vicarious situation.

123789s
Informer
Informer

Post by 123789s »

Whoever edits does a pretty good job - especially for being a new Youtube channel. They are growing pretty fast.

whatamievendoing
Talker
Talker

Post by whatamievendoing »

I just found this channel and I was wondering - is 'Biggy' the kid's real name?? Sabre isn't really to my taste but I can understand it as a name whereas Biggy....is it maybe a nickname for something?

123789s
Informer
Informer

Post by 123789s »

whatamievendoing wrote:I just found this channel and I was wondering - is 'Biggy' the kid's real name?? Sabre isn't really to my taste but I can understand it as a name whereas Biggy....is it maybe a nickname for something?
Nah it is something else, not sure what - but they said they are going to change it permanently Biggy.

RadRona
Learner
Learner

Post by RadRona »

whatamievendoing wrote:I just found this channel and I was wondering - is 'Biggy' the kid's real name?? Sabre isn't really to my taste but I can understand it as a name whereas Biggy....is it maybe a nickname for something?
His name is Coda, but they said that name didn't fit him, so they call him Biggy.

PinkGinFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by PinkGinFairy »

I enjoy watching them, they make me laugh with Mamma Pappa and the Crappy Nuts, I do think they can’t seriously be so nieve with the things like the Big Mac Mac and chesse and the Peanut Butter and Jelly.

I’ve tried to watch back but can’t find for definite what actually is wrong with Sabre? I know they’ve said she won’t mature like kids her age but why?

AussieNerd298
Learner
Learner

Post by AussieNerd298 »

Lauralou_15 wrote:I enjoy watching them, they make me laugh with Mamma Pappa and the Crappy Nuts, I do think they can’t seriously be so nieve with the things like the Big Mac Mac and chesse and the Peanut Butter and Jelly.

I’ve tried to watch back but can’t find for definite what actually is wrong with Sabre? I know they’ve said she won’t mature like kids her age but why?
https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/01/31/08 ... -diagnosis

re the food, the mum did say she knows you dont have big mac in mac and cheese, but biggy was set on the idea

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Dont forget Biggy is only 7? And I think he still is a little younger than his age.

For the most, I do like the kids but in a way I find the are very sheltered. They are also homeschooled and from what I understand they dont live in a 'normal' neighbourhood, they live on a lot behind their dad's swimschool, so it seems they dont come in contact with other kids.

I do feel that these kids ARE very naive. They dont seem to miss some sort of basic knowledge on things.
They are very down to earth and happy it seems. Beside the IVF its interesting to see how the deal with Sabre's medical issues.

The only thing that does bother me is that the film the kids when they are naked, you dont see them naked but the mention that they are.

Sockie edits the videos, so im impressed by her, she is only 10/11 and does a good job. Has anyone else noticed how she flaps her arms, a lot?

Sockie's real name is Cerrus but she goes by Sockie. Biggy's name is Coda and I guess Sabre and Naz go by their real names.

123789s
Informer
Informer

Post by 123789s »

I think the Crappy nuts thing is funny too. They are growing pretty fast, they only just reached 200k last weekend and they are already at 270k.

I didn't know they lived behind their dads swim school. They should do some videos on that, it'd be interesting. It just seems like they don't work. I don't see how their rooms are going to work when they get older.

I don't really think Sockie edits them. Their videos are 20 minutes long and thats probably cut down from a lot of footage and would take a while. My bet is they pay someone to do it because they are quite up there regarding the quality.

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Maybe now the pay someone but ive heard them see to Sockie at times to edit something out, also she ones said that she hopes that the viewers like her editing.

I just dont understand why build a new house and not enough rooms? Maybe there are rooms in the house but for now the decided to sleep together? The kids seem to depend on eachother a lot. Where will the baby sleep?

hellcatspangled
Learner
Learner

Post by hellcatspangled »

They don’t live in the lot behind the dads swim school anymore, that was only while the the house they’re in now was being built.

I think they’re nice kids but they’re obviously very sheltered, I live in the same city as them and see them all the time when I have a day off during the week at the skatepark near the beach at like 10am. So I’m guessing their “homeschooling” is minimal to none, there’s a video of Naz at like 5/6yrs old and she didn’t even know how many people were in her family :?

There relationship is kind of weird, crying over the littlest things one does for the others, but I guess that goes with being so sheltered. They should do more surfing/skating videos, but I guess they wouldn’t bring in the views like click bait or challenge ones do :roll:

Hideandseek
Informer
Informer

Post by Hideandseek »

I think Sockie is still the one editing their videos. The mom made an allusion to them working really hard on their channel especially Sockie
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

M. 22. France

Hoe4Christmas
Informer
Informer

Post by Hoe4Christmas »

i find these kids really strange, significantly delayed in their maturity due to only being around each other. i couldn’t believe the oldest one is like 13 and the other is like 11. they act like they’re 5! i don’t know any ore teens who would hide in a tent at a dr appointment. and the parents do nothing! these kids are not well socialized at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Hoe4Christmas wrote:i find these kids really strange, significantly delayed in their maturity due to only being around each other. i couldn’t believe the oldest one is like 13 and the other is like 11. they act like they’re 5! i don’t know any ore teens who would hide in a tent at a dr appointment. and the parents do nothing! these kids are not well socialized at all.

When I first start watching their videos I thought I was nice to see how young the acted because all these kids now try to act older than they are
But these kids are so sheltered, seem to struggle with basic knowledgde. Sabre is 13 but is perfectly content hanging out with sibling that are much younger than she is. It seems to get really weird. Its like they are being taught how to only depend on their siblings. And I hope its a joke but they get overly excited over the smallest things.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

I'm surprised Sabre is still into skateboarding after being diagnosed with Chiari. Another vlog I watch, Alyssa All Day, the five year old has the same condition and they have mentioned trying to keep her from doing anything too active.

I've only watched one Sabre vlog. Saw the thumbnail on the side of my screen and it caught my eye. In it Sabre was doing the "ugly cry" with the title "I FEEL LIKE I LET EVERYBODY DOWN." Turned out it was about some kind of competition and Sabre was upset that she didn't do as well as she expected. She really overreacted, cried and was very hard on herself. I am kind of surprised to learn here that she is 13 because it seemed like the kind of reaction a much younger kid would have. Anyway, I kind of felt the parents were exploiting their kid's emotions for views. They certainly wouldn't be the first who have capitalized on something about their kids that might embarrass them down the line but I still hate seeing it. The kids seem very genuine but I'm afraid they are being taken advantage of.

123789s
Informer
Informer

Post by 123789s »

Hideandseek wrote:I think Sockie is still the one editing their videos. The mom made an allusion to them working really hard on their channel especially Sockie
If Sockie is editing the videos then she deserves a pay check. I really don't think an 11 year old can edit videos like that. Who would put that pressure on an 11 year old anyway - I would imagine that they would have a lot of out takes and bloopers because it is clear they try and act out and prepare what they are going to say.

Hoe4Christmas
Informer
Informer

Post by Hoe4Christmas »

123789s wrote:
Hideandseek wrote:I think Sockie is still the one editing their videos. The mom made an allusion to them working really hard on their channel especially Sockie
If Sockie is editing the videos then she deserves a pay check. I really don't think an 11 year old can edit videos like that. Who would put that pressure on an 11 year old anyway - I would imagine that they would have a lot of out takes and bloopers because it is clear they try and act out and prepare what they are going to say.
definitely. you have to wonder if the parents are putting money away for them. that $400 they got really should have been put into a savings account for school. as a matter of fact, a lot of their other videos are wasting money (ie the one where the boy backs out of the hair cut but gets like 1/2 cm cut off was a huge waste) if they’re exploiting the kids and taking the money i think that’s disgusting and will not longer be giving them views.

Clemence08
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Clemence08 »

Hoe4Christmas wrote:
123789s wrote:
definitely. you have to wonder if the parents are putting money away for them. that $400 they got really should have been put into a savings account for school. as a matter of fact, a lot of their other videos are wasting money (ie the one where the boy backs out of the hair cut but gets like 1/2 cm cut off was a huge waste) if they’re exploiting the kids and taking the money i think that’s disgusting and will not longer be giving them views.

They are exploiting their kids.
They are making money of all the interview sabre has done. I dont know anything about skating bu sabre is supposed to be this great kid skater so I get why she was upset. She didnt do bad though, she got like second or something. Sockie got 5th.

I still wonder why they homeschool their kids. Skating isnt a sport that you cant do after school, I mean they have this huge ramp in their backyard, or had when they lived on the lot. I feel that if they would attend normal school they would mature op a bit

justanotherkaitlyn
Learner
Learner

Post by justanotherkaitlyn »

This channel really confuses me. For starters, whenever I watch I question why I am doing so as they are very juvenile kids and I am an adult...but for some reason I am sucked in.

I personally find their videos to come off as being VERY scripted and there is no way Sockie is editing it all. My personal theory is that there is a production type company calling the shots and telling the kids what to do. The way they interact with their “legends” is so tactical. They make these pre teen kids really believe that they are friends with these four children, and during adolescents some kids yearn for that feeling of friendship.

Also...I’m sure everyone carries pregnancy different but I have never seen a nearly 9 month belly as small as their mothers! I don’t think they’d fake a pregnancy for views because that’s just too hard to pull off but she is little!

Return to “N-Z”