Her channel grew really fast.

Stitcher73
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mrs Midwest - Mrs Perfect

Post by Stitcher73 »

Yes it did. I can't recall how I stumbled on her but was really surprised that her followers have grown so quickly. she seems very sweet and I like her dog.

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

She does seem sweet. I’m starting to wonder, since she’s super traditional and her channel is growing fast and she’s now monetizing it, what she thinks about a wife earning more income than her husband because the rate her channel is growing, I can definitely see that happening.

rissymoon
Learner
Learner

Post by rissymoon »

I like her channel for the most part. She doesn't push her views on anyone, she got her education (she isn't Duggar-style housewife, she clearly has nothing against women doing what we WANT and supports us going to college), and she isn't exclusive to a white-audience only, she clearly tries to include other women other different ethnicities in. I'm a Christian too, so it's always fun to find other Christians with growing youtube channels. I like that she's inclusive with religions, too, and doesn't assume everyone watching her is Christian.

My issue? First of all it's.... It's gotta be her voice. She just talks very... I dunno... fake, almost, but who knows, that could just be me.
Also, sometimes I think she's a bit dramatic when it comes to others supposedly having an issue with women wanting to be homemakers. Nobody I know has issues with me saying I want to be a housewife/stay at home mom someday. People are supportive, as long as you can afford to do it go ahead. Even my very super super intersectional-feminist friends support my wishes, so long as it's a decision /I/ choose, not my future husband's. I dunno, I feel like some vids of hers' can be dramatic and far-fetched when she acts like women aren't allowed to be feminine housewives anymore, because I genuinely don't think anybody cares what others are doing with their lives. We're all sad and broke and just trying to survive, majority couldn't care less. In fact, many women who work are probably jealous of housewives because most of the time we have to work due to financial issues. (I know I am as a working college student.. sigh.)

As far as a wife earning more than their husband, I doubt that matters? Security is security.

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

rissymoon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:53 am
I like her channel for the most part. She doesn't push her views on anyone, she got her education (she isn't Duggar-style housewife, she clearly has nothing against women doing what we WANT and supports us going to college), and she isn't exclusive to a white-audience only, she clearly tries to include other women other different ethnicities in. I'm a Christian too, so it's always fun to find other Christians with growing youtube channels. I like that she's inclusive with religions, too, and doesn't assume everyone watching her is Christian.

My issue? First of all it's.... It's gotta be her voice. She just talks very... I dunno... fake, almost, but who knows, that could just be me.
Also, sometimes I think she's a bit dramatic when it comes to others supposedly having an issue with women wanting to be homemakers. Nobody I know has issues with me saying I want to be a housewife/stay at home mom someday. People are supportive, as long as you can afford to do it go ahead. Even my very super super intersectional-feminist friends support my wishes, so long as it's a decision /I/ choose, not my future husband's. I dunno, I feel like some vids of hers' can be dramatic and far-fetched when she acts like women aren't allowed to be feminine housewives anymore, because I genuinely don't think anybody cares what others are doing with their lives. We're all sad and broke and just trying to survive, majority couldn't care less. In fact, many women who work are probably jealous of housewives because most of the time we have to work due to financial issues. (I know I am as a working college student.. sigh.)

As far as a wife earning more than their husband, I doubt that matters? Security is security.
Don’t know why she feels the need to be defensive about staying at home. She’s not doing nothing, she has a fast growing youtube channel....that’s something.

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

She likes a masculine man to take care of her and that flows down to finances. When a woman makes more than the man it can throw off the dynamic and make the relationship seem more that the wife is taking care of the man.
You’re right, it doesn’t matter, but for real traditionalists it would and she claims she is so it’ll be interesting if it comes up.

Her voice and the way she talks can be condescending. If someone talked to me in real life the way she talks on camera I would be walking away quick. It’s not as bad in her vlogs though so I think that’s just her trying to articulate her points.

Heygirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Heygirl »

Honestly liked her at first and she seems sweet and naive, but has become annoying lately. She keeps referring to her husband as husbear on ig and creepily records him and talks about how much she loves him. It seems a little forced to me. Also the stuff she retweets is downright misogynistic. How is she ok with retweeting these?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

I watched one of her videos "how to talk to anyone" and she suggested that when your husband invites his friend and their partner (who you haven't met before) to your home for dinner to invite their partner to chop veg with you as an activity whilst the men drink. Personally if I went to dinner at my husband's friend's home and their partner who I'd never met asked me to chop veg I'd think they were being pretty rude.

Heygirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Heygirl »

I agree with the above user. Nothing I hate more then being expected to do something . One of the reasons why I hate going over to a new persons house for dinner is the expectation that I have to ask to help clean. I noticed it’s only in America because in the Balkans it’s considered rude for a guest to help you clean but it’s rude in the USA if you don’t offer to help. I hate cooking and cleaning and am going over as a guest to get to know a person. The dinner should have already been made. I don’t want to sweat in a kitchen and do work while the men get to relax. I would straight up say no thanks . Screw gender roles .

Post by Guest »

Heygirl wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:27 pm
I agree with the above user. Nothing I hate more then being expected to do something . One of the reasons why I hate going over to a new persons house for dinner is the expectation that I have to ask to help clean. I noticed it’s only in America because in the Balkans it’s considered rude for a guest to help you clean but it’s rude in the USA if you don’t offer to help. I hate cooking and cleaning and am going over as a guest to get to know a person. The dinner should have already been made. I don’t want to sweat in a kitchen and do work while the men get to relax. I would straight up say no thanks . Screw gender roles .
I think she did say just the salad, but still I wouldn't ask a guest to do that; if we were having guests over and needed help in the kitchen I'd be asking my husband rather than his friend's wife/girlfriend.

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

I wonder when she’s going to get pregnant.

The husbear thing is stupid and immature. She’s trying to show her affection toward him but she’s just looking like a 15 year old.

BettyJ
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BettyJ »

To a certain extent, I agree with her opinions. Her content is quite unique, thats probably why her following grows so quickly. Other "traditional" channels I know are crazy fanatics like GirlDefined etc., she seems more "normal" while living up to traditional standarts. Only think I cant digest sometimes is her voice, it sounds like she is trying to make herself sound stupid and childish, almost like some talking doll. Which Im sure is not what she wants.

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

I looked at her LinkedIn profile and every job she’s ever had (around 8) average around 6 months. Some were 3. Wow. Right now she calls herself a self employed marketing manager and it looks like she helps people with their social media or something. Has she ever talked about this? Is the housewife thing a facade?

Xxedited33
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Xxedited33 »

I Guess having her Daughter suck up to man like that made her blood boil. Honestly, i would feel the same way if I had someone close to me buy any of these misogynistic ideas that make it harder for women who don’t want to be dependent on a man to provide for them.

But still weird to me that her mom didn’t hold the same “wives should stay and home and be submissive” idea. Def like her mom more than her just from this lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stitcher73
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Stitcher73 »

Xxedited33 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:10 am

I Guess having her Daughter suck up to man like that made her blood boil. Honestly, i would feel the same way if I had someone close to me buy any of these misogynistic ideas that make it harder for women who don’t want to be dependent on a man to provide for them.

But still weird to me that her mom didn’t hold the same “wives should stay and home and be submissive” idea. Def like her mom more than her just from this lol.

How do you know this is the same person?

Xxedited33
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Xxedited33 »

Stitcher73 wrote:
Xxedited33 wrote:

If u see her posts..you’ll know it’s def her:)

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

Isn’t she from Canada? So he pretty much did take her away from her family.

alexandria94
Learner
Learner

Post by alexandria94 »

SaveLeyla wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 am
Isn’t she from Canada? So he pretty much did take her away from her family.
She’s from a small town in Ontario. But I think she went to college in the states and met her husband there

Post by Guest »

Stitcher73 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 am
Xxedited33 wrote:

I read through some of the posts I'm 90% certain it's her. She seems a bit more "redpill" on her reddit posts than she does on YouTube. I didn't mind her at first but now I've learnt more about her I'm put off. I also think it's weird that pretty much every video she's done is about femininity. I'm fairly stereotypically feminine myself so I'm not against videos on being/feeling more feminine but she seems obsessed with it.

Post by Guest »

Stitcher73 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 am
Xxedited33 wrote:

I read through some of the posts I'm 90% certain it's her. She seems a bit more "redpill" on her reddit posts than she does on YouTube. I didn't mind her at first but now I've learnt more about her I'm put off. I also think it's weird that pretty much every video she's done is about femininity. I'm fairly stereotypically feminine myself so I'm not against videos on being/feeling more feminine but she seems obsessed with it.

Return to “L-O”