Jennifer L. Scott - The Daily CON

Forum rules
Please DO NOT Post Content that is Copyrighted! IE: Content from onlyfans (dot) com ...

We get DMCA notices and simply have to remove the content. Apologies...
LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jennifer L. Scott - The Daily CON

Post by LuvYoutube »

Jennifer has lost the plot. She’s been pushing so many products and sponsored videos when she claims to be a minimalist. And did Madam Chic really exist or was she created for the purpose of writing a book.

TheArtsy1
Learner
Learner

Re: Jennifer L. Scott - The Daily CON

Post by TheArtsy1 »

I'm so glad someone started this thread. I joined just to comment!

I understand her husband (or rather, his mother) sold the show business that he worked at. I'm sure he got a pretty penny, but that would also explain her going full speed ahead with her YT channel and monetizing it. I'm with you, though. Way too many sponsored videos.

Another thing that has irked me for quite some time is that she is milking this whole "Madame Chic" thing. Four books written about an elusive woman she met 15 years ago? Come on. She is appealing to the Francophile's in the world, yet, she hasn't set foot in Paris (or even France, I believe) since college. I don't want to start a debate with her or her people online, but I went to Paris in 2017 and again in May of this year. I MAY have seen one "Madame Chic" both times.

I think Jennifer needs to pick a lane. Is she the "go to" for French chic, or is she the humble stay-at-home-mom who uses all natural products in her home?

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

TheArtsy1 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:28 am
I'm so glad someone started this thread. I joined just to comment!

I understand her husband (or rather, his mother) sold the show business that he worked at. I'm sure he got a pretty penny, but that would also explain her going full speed ahead with her YT channel and monetizing it. I'm with you, though. Way too many sponsored videos.

Another thing that has irked me for quite some time is that she is milking this whole "Madame Chic" thing. Four books written about an elusive woman she met 15 years ago? Come on. She is appealing to the Francophile's in the world, yet, she hasn't set foot in Paris (or even France, I believe) since college. I don't want to start a debate with her or her people online, but I went to Paris in 2017 and again in May of this year. I MAY have seen one "Madame Chic" both times.

I think Jennifer needs to pick a lane. Is she the "go to" for French chic, or is she the humble stay-at-home-mom who uses all natural products in her home?
Welcome!!!! I don’t think her Madam Chic actually exists.

What is irking me is all the sponsored videos and pushing products she gets for free. Would she be really be buying them for herself if they weren’t free? It’s hypocritical of her to talk about getting out of debt and being intentional with purchases when she’s pushing so many products. Fabfitfun isn’t intentional you get whatever you get and things you didn’t know you wanted or needed. Meals in a box Home Chef...you really need someone to put all the ingredients together for you? You now even have your husband helping push products. How does this help us budget and get debt free like you promote in your ecourse?

Jennifer you talk both sides of your mouth. I’m really disappointed. You’re a hypocrite. I’ve seen people leave comments about this and you said “I will always review products”. London Town nail polish is expensive and you’ve been promoting the seasonal colors you get for free. I don’t trust you anymore. So you want me to buy these expensive things that you don’t purchase yourself so that you can get a kickback from affiliate links? I liked you when I thought you were genuine but I can’t watch you now. Ten item wardrobe on a budget but dozens of expensive unnecessary products. You want us to buy things that you yourself don’t purchase? Your channel has become confusing and hypocritical.
Last edited by LuvYoutube on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

I’m finding Inspired by Niki and Melissa55 more honest and genuine and neither have a 10 item wardrobe. They aren’t showing us products just for the sake of making money and both refuse to do sponsored videos. Unlike Jennifer, they both know that it would be dishonest

TheArtsy1
Learner
Learner

Post by TheArtsy1 »

Today's video is all about Amazon! Yeah, she's forgotten the plot.

I appreciate class and manners, but she needs to lighten up a little. She totally lost me when she did that video about having lunch somewhere nice and two women showed up in casual clothing. At the same time, I remember people commenting on the first picture she posted of Ben. He had cigarettes and people commented about them being nasty. Her exact response was, let's not judge. Then she turns around and totally slams the women at the restaurant.

Her reason for not staying in touch with Madame Chic was that the family regularly has/had exchange students and she wouldn't remember Jennifer. I find it really hard to believe that she lived in their home for so many months, yet doesn't stay in touch at all?

Regardless, Jennifer, you've milked this cow long enough. Time to get your own shtick.

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

I’ve been following Jennifer for a very long time, before she wrote her books or did YouTube. It never occurred to me that madame chic didn’t exist but that would make sense. I know she did go there and stay with a host family but maybe her host really wasn’t the madame chic she claims. I always thought it was very odd she wouldn’t get in touch or send her the books to the address she stayed at, etc. There has to be a reason and that may just be it.
I’ve gotten very annoyed with the way she’s started doing so many sponsors and having multiple ads on her videos now! Seriously, almost everything she talks about is an ad.

I came on here looking for a board for Inspired by Nikki. I’ve noticed she’s been hanging onto Mrs. Midwest and commenting on all of her videos. She’s a new channel and grew extremely fast (50k in just a few months) and I think Nikki wants to hang on that because she’s started uploading on the same days as Mrs Midwest and she’s now copying her and doing feminine content. Her “slip” video was a perfect example. She’s single white femaling her at this point....

Back to Jennifer.. she is being hypocritical with the debt free and then pushing products on people. It’s very insincere. I’m disappointed in her to be honest. After following her blog and everything for probably 8 years now it’s a bummer.

Stitcher73
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Stitcher73 »

SaveLeyla wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm
I’ve been following Jennifer for a very long time, before she wrote her books or did YouTube. It never occurred to me that madame chic didn’t exist but that would make sense. I know she did go there and stay with a host family but maybe her host really wasn’t the madame chic she claims. I always thought it was very odd she wouldn’t get in touch or send her the books to the address she stayed at, etc. There has to be a reason and that may just be it.
I’ve gotten very annoyed with the way she’s started doing so many sponsors and having multiple ads on her videos now! Seriously, almost everything she talks about is an ad.

I came on here looking for a board for Inspired by Nikki. I’ve noticed she’s been hanging onto Mrs. Midwest and commenting on all of her videos. She’s a new channel and grew extremely fast (50k in just a few months) and I think Nikki wants to hang on that because she’s started uploading on the same days as Mrs Midwest and she’s now copying her and doing feminine content. Her “slip” video was a perfect example. She’s single white femaling her at this point....

Back to Jennifer.. she is being hypocritical with the debt free and then pushing products on people. It’s very insincere. I’m disappointed in her to be honest. After following her blog and everything for probably 8 years now it’s a bummer.

Does Mrs. Midwest have a board here? Or Nikki?

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

I don’t think so. Mrs Midwest is really new but growing fast. Nikki is pretty dull which is why she’s latching onto Mrs. Midwest and her posting schedule and content theme.

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

Stitcher73 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:22 am
SaveLeyla wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Does Mrs. Midwest have a board here? Or Nikki?
I started a thread for Mrs Midwest

viewtopic.php?f=166&t=36759

Can you suggest a name for Inspired by Niki and I’ll start a thread for her too?

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

Awesome. Inspired by Nikki - The Copy Cat
??

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

SaveLeyla wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:21 pm
Awesome. Inspired by Nikki - The Copy Cat
??
Good one! Here’s the link: viewtopic.php?f=166&t=36761

ILiketoEatCake
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ILiketoEatCake »

Jennifer’s living debt free advice I found very hypocritical. She married a guy whose mother is a multi- millionaire (owner of French Sole or London Sole if you are in the US), husband ran the US side of the business until they “sold it”. Their last house before moving (the one on the outskirts of Santa Monica) was sold for just over 2 million before they became debt free with their current $825k 6 bed suburban house in Rancho Cucamonga. When Ben gets his inheritance they will be minted - no need to worry about saving for retirement.

Can’t understand why she’s still homeschooling the girls. She had mentioned that it was because she moved to the new house after the school term started and they would be travelling to Europe for a couple of months. That was over a year ago?

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

She probably just likes homeschooling.
I think it’s weird they share one car. To have so much money and share a car? Why? Especially in SoCal.
They must be saving all their earnings from the old house for university for the kids.

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

ILiketoEatCake wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:48 am
Jennifer’s living debt free advice I found very hypocritical. She married a guy whose mother is a multi- millionaire (owner of French Sole or London Sole if you are in the US), husband ran the US side of the business until they “sold it”. Their last house before moving (the one on the outskirts of Santa Monica) was sold for just over 2 million before they became debt free with their current $825k 6 bed suburban house in Rancho Cucamonga. When Ben gets his inheritance they will be minted - no need to worry about saving for retirement.

Can’t understand why she’s still homeschooling the girls. She had mentioned that it was because she moved to the new house after the school term started and they would be travelling to Europe for a couple of months. That was over a year ago?
How do you know about her house prices? Not like the average person trying to get debt-free. Easy for her to give advice.

ILiketoEatCake
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ILiketoEatCake »

LuvYoutube wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 pm
ILiketoEatCake wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:48 am

How do you know about her house prices? Not like the average person trying to get debt-free. Easy for her to give advice.
Very easy to find her current and old addresses on the internet. Simple google search for Ben Scott and business details of Madame Chic Ltd and London Sole. Jennifer is in the white pages. Sale prices are available on real estate websites.

In terms of her becoming mortgage free it’s pretty easy if you have some equity, your house value goes up and you move from an affluent area to the greater suburbs. Many people can’t move to a significantly cheaper area and not have to compromise much on their standard of living.

ILiketoEatCake
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ILiketoEatCake »

SaveLeyla wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:21 pm
I think it’s weird they share one car. To have so much money and share a car? Why? Especially in SoCal.
They must be saving all their earnings from the old house for university for the kids.
They both work from home so totally understandable to have one car for their household. I reckon they didn’t have much change left over after purchasing their current house with cash (they weren’t at all mortgage free with the Santa Monica fringe house - had a large loan and wanted to be debt free). They also went on that big overseas trip although accomodation was probably mostly free via the MIL. They’re relying on their part time income to pay for living expenses, insurance, and maybe savings.

LuvYoutube
Informer
Informer

Post by LuvYoutube »

ILiketoEatCake wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:33 pm
SaveLeyla wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:21 pm
They both work from home so totally understandable to have one car for their household. I reckon they didn’t have much change left over after purchasing their current house with cash (they weren’t at all mortgage free with the Santa Monica fringe house - had a large loan and wanted to be debt free). They also went on that big overseas trip although accomodation was probably mostly free via the MIL. They’re relying on their part time income to pay for living expenses, insurance, and maybe savings.
Perhaps why Jennifer is trying hard to monetize her channel. I don’t appreciate her informercials disguised as content. Most of the products she promotes she never tried before or heard of until she was sent them for sponsorship. Her channel is now Homeshopping like QVC or HSN.

ILiketoEatCake
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ILiketoEatCake »

Her old Zulily haul was an epic fail. She’s changed from a stylish LA yummy mummy to a dowdy, boring Martha Stewart type. Her excuses are lame - she had two kids when she looked stylish and well kept. Now it’s a long list of unflattering jersey dresses (even worse when worn with cheap unflattering t-shirts or cardis which clash) worn whilst touting sponsorships.

Bitsyfew1
Learner
Learner

Post by Bitsyfew1 »

I am hesitant to join in because I've been watching Jennifer so long she felt like a friend. Since her first book was published I've followed her, and she's one of only 3 YouTubers I watch religiously.

However...

I am with you all on the infomercial content. I purchased her online courses but am so disappointed with her over the top pushing products. Not only that I dislike her etiquette videos because she comes across as privileged and snobbish. Mocking that disneyland fight? Those people were really in crisis and children were traumatised, it was not something to use as channel content. She has got lazy in recent years. Filming gossipy stuff from her closet instead of proper content like recipes and real life 10 item wardrobe stuff. Too many sponsored videos. And she NEVER credits Flylady for the household tips,like the most recent one about a timer being the SAHMs best friend. Also her voiceovers on those videos where we watch her clean her kitchen are in a strange tone, like she is trying to hypnotize us!
They are Mormons and homeschooling is pretty common in their community. I applaud the downsizing and the debt free lifestyle but she feels like a preacher sometimes on a soapbox/ high horse, putting herself and her fantastic manners over the common folk. She lacks humility and is very judgemental and I'm sorry to see that side of her because I found her really enjoyable and aspirational before all these etiquette videos.

I am also so done with the LLBean dresses. She must be sick of them too. I know she admits they won't be everyone's taste, but I did love her style before,in her earlier videos, love how she styled jeans with a blouse when all I wore was jeans and t-shirts, she used to inspire me.

Anyway, that's my 2c worth. I know things and people change. I just miss the old Jennifer. I have all her 3 books but don't see myself buying ConKids. I have 3 kids similar ages to hers but I already know about limiting screen time and exposing them to classical music, what more could I be missing? 😂 her taste in music is pretty Poor too. "Best of" cds and that horrendous André Rieu!🤣 in Europe we laugh at that "hack" for his crassness and concerts to get the most money out of tourists!

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

I feel the same way, Bitsyfew. I’ve been reading her blog since before her books and followed her through the years.
She’s changed so much. I remember the zulily backlash and her justification of the ugly clothes by telling people to buy what you can afford. The problem is the cheap prints she buys. Even if she can’t splurge like she did before kids she could buy solid colors or something. Some of her printed clothes (ll bean dress) have really juvenile prints (like that mint colored one with the floral).
There’s nothing French chic about her these days.
If I saw her in person wearing her cheap floral prints I wouldn’t think she looked any nicer than someone in leggings (and I hate leggings). I like floral prints but she chooses the worst ones.

The monetization of her channel is my new pet peeve. I was getting sick of the sponsors but to now place several ads throughout the videos too? Nope. I will watch her videos through invidio to avoid the ads altogether and avoid giving her another view.
I get wanting to make money, we all need to but she went from 0 to 100 very quickly making her just look desperate and ready to shill anything to make a buck.

It’s not about “let’s be debt free together. I’ll share my tips” but a “buy everything I talk about so I can be debt free”.

I bought one of her online courses as well after she said she’d hang out on there and chat with people about it and that wasn’t true. It was basically a bunch of YouTube videos and people commenting as usual. I saw her respond to a few but it definitely wasn’t a course where she’s an involved teacher. It was literally like another YouTube channel you paid for to watch and that was it. Not again.

And nobody wants to watch you rebound once a month either........

Return to “F-K”