Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JerushaCouture: Haute Poseur & Inheritance Spendthrift Part 3

Post by NYCkitty »

drogers4205 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:17 pm
She's not in the US so I'm not sure she has to follow FTC rules. If she weren't so sneaky she would disclose sponsorships without having to be told, but we all know she's a sh!tty person and she has proven many times in her vlogs sales that she's intentionally misleads folks for more money.
FTC works with other countries as they affect American Consumers. It may not be called "Federal Trade Commission" in other countries but all major countries/governments have some consumer protection bureaus. I'm sure that because Jerusha is on an American platform, has an American bank account and her audience consists of many USA citizens, she has to abide by these laws. Which I'm sure is why she actually write "FTC Disclaimer" at the bottom of her video. I believe the UK actually has some of the strictest consumer protection laws in the world as far as "influencers" are concerned so she should really be more careful.

Post by Guest »

I still say she was probably gifted the Dior items from her local Dior retailer, I doubt she was paid. It didn’t come across like a corporate sponsorship at all. Jerusha is shady enough to be as vague as possible so that people will assume it’s something more than it actually is.

She wants so badly to be on the same level as the fashion bloggers she worships on Instagram. Corporate Luxury sponsors would never hire her.

This sounds mean, but it’s the harsh truth — Jerusha is considerably overweight by luxury fashion standards, has unfortunate bad skin and dresses terribly. It will never happen.

Lucfly13
Learner
Learner

Post by Lucfly13 »

poshspice88 wrote: I still say she was probably gifted the Dior items from her local Dior retailer, I doubt she was paid. It didn’t come across like a corporate sponsorship at all. Jerusha is shady enough to be as vague as possible so that people will assume it’s something more than it actually
This. Completely agree - details are vague or over the top depending on what conclusion she wants us to arrive at. There's smoke screens & mirrors always with Jerusha. Things are never what they seem.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

poshspice88 wrote: I still say she was probably gifted the Dior items from her local Dior retailer, I doubt she was paid. It didn’t come across like a corporate sponsorship at all. Jerusha is shady enough to be as vague as possible so that people will assume it’s something more than it actually is.

She wants so badly to be on the same level as the fashion bloggers she worships on Instagram. Corporate Luxury sponsors would never hire her.

This sounds mean, but it’s the harsh truth — Jerusha is considerably overweight by luxury fashion standards, has unfortunate bad skin and dresses terribly. It will never happen.
Also despite her desperate attempts to play in the same league as the rich wives of Youtube, her channel has started precisely with how to get the bang for your buck with preloved items. Nothing was ever high class about Jerusha and her purses and that whiff off being a cheapskate will never go away (especially with all of her reselling and K-Mart vlogs). I'm completely with you here, that no corporate luxury sponsor has any use for her as an ambassador. She'd be not exactly elevating the brand.

Post by Guest »

Hahahaha, so J is trying to play off that she got a Dior sponsorship?! :rofl: :roll: Why would any fashion brand waste their time and money on an old SAHM who dresses poorly? Yes, I said old...she is only 35 but unless she is a supermodel or well known celebrity, it’s not gonna happen. J is 10 years too late. Also, does she even have anything Dior, aside from cosmetics?! I haven’t watched her videos at all, but from what I’ve read and seen on Instagram she looks obsessed with Chanel. I don’t recall J owning the Lady Dior/Diorama, the booktotes, and, more importantly, any of the RTW or their shoes. Not that she could afford it or fit into any of it.

And I hate to say this but I doubt even Kmart would want her to represent them. She makes their clothes look bad, why else would we trash her fashion sense here? 8-) Now, I understand Kmart isn’t even on the same league as Dior (far from it), but I’m sure they would pay well to anyone who has a strong SM influence AND looks good. I know J would love to get even a Kmart sponsorship.

I understand a lot of what I wrote is mean, but the fashion world IS mean and cruel and I know thin-skinned Jerusha would not be able to handle it. She needs to wake up and realize she is not a young, hip influencer like she thinks she is and stop obsessing over these brands that would skewer her if she tried to bother asking to represent their brand.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

She's addicted to the views she's been getting since she's been hauling non-stop after her dad passed. Prior to his passing she was averaging around 10K view per video. Since she's been using her inheritance to buy, buy, buy her views have tripled and in some cases quadrupled. She's so addicted to the attention she's getting that she can't stop herself.

SMH......all this buying to impress people she doesn't even know and she's still struggling to hit 100K subbies.

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

adel220 wrote: I don’t recall J owning the Lady Dior/Diorama, the booktotes, and, more importantly, any of the RTW or their shoes. Not that she could afford it or fit into any of it.
I agree with you completely. What is she trying to achieve with all this buying? The stuff she buys makes no sense. She doesn’t get colabs, she doesn’t get invited to parties or events. She doesn’t even get free baby stuff!

Baby brands are always looking for influencers! And her kids are cute. She could even get car brands interested to loan her a car for a weekend or week. I worked with a car brand that did exactly this. Loaned cars to mummy bloggers to get them to write about safety, fuel economy and still looking stylish while fitting all the mum stuff in the car. (She’d need to keep her hands on the wheel). That would make her seem more Lux than buying and selling bags.

I think that’s why she annoys me so much. She could have a good thing going if she stopped trying to be something she’s not.

If she does insist on buying the IT bag the Dior book tote makes the most sense for her to have. It’s durable, fits lots of stuff, would suit her frame. But no, she buys that pearl bag because she wants to be like everyone else. Ugh.

Post by Guest »

Hey yeah Holly wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:37 am

I agree with you completely. What is she trying to achieve with all this buying? The stuff she buys makes no sense. She doesn’t get colabs, she doesn’t get invited to parties or events. She doesn’t even get free baby stuff!

Baby brands are always looking for influencers! And her kids are cute. She could even get car brands interested to loan her a car for a weekend or week. I worked with a car brand that did exactly this. Loaned cars to mummy bloggers to get them to write about safety, fuel economy and still looking stylish while fitting all the mum stuff in the car. (She’d need to keep her hands on the wheel). That would make her seem more Lux than buying and selling bags.

I think that’s why she annoys me so much. She could have a good thing going if she stopped trying to be something she’s not.

If she does insist on buying the IT bag the Dior book tote makes the most sense for her to have. It’s durable, fits lots of stuff, would suit her frame. But no, she buys that pearl bag because she wants to be like everyone else. Ugh.
The problem with her is that she doesn’t want to look like or be a mummy vlogger/channel. I doubt she would want to get a sponsorship from a baby brand. I could definitely see her want to get a Kmart sponsorship (not her first choice), but anything baby or mummy related, no way.

I could be completely wrong here but I get the impression she wants to be seen as a stylish, fashionable influencer, on the same league as someone like Lydia Elise Millen. To be labeled as a “mom/mum”, probably comes off as matronly and old in her eyes and she doesn’t like that. Why else is she trying to get young 20 somethings to view her channel? She’s already in her mid-thirties and her icons are young gay men and Khloe Kardashian. It’s pathetic and desperate.

I’m sure there are tons of mom channels on YouTube that completely dispel what I said, but I don’t think J seeks them out. She’s too busy trying to cling to something that is long gone.

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

adel220 wrote:
Hey yeah Holly wrote:
The problem with her is that she doesn’t want to look like or be a mummy vlogger/channel. I doubt she would want to get a sponsorship from a baby brand. I could definitely see her want to get a Kmart sponsorship (not her first choice), but anything baby or mummy related, no way.

I could be completely wrong here but I get the impression she wants to be seen as a stylish, fashionable influencer, on the same league as someone like Lydia Elise Millen. To be labeled as a “mom/mum”, probably comes off as matronly and old in her eyes and she doesn’t like that. Why else is she trying to get young 20 somethings to view her channel? She’s already in her mid-thirties and her icons are young gay men and Khloe Kardashian. It’s pathetic and desperate.

I’m sure there are tons of mom channels on YouTube that completely dispel what I said, but I don’t think J seeks them out. She’s too busy trying to cling to something that is long gone.
Agree. And Lydia is the worst influencer, so grabby and out for a freebie while delivering average content in her big sterile house.

I see Jerusha is cosying up to Chouquette (Claire Chanelle) or vice versa over Instagram. They have completely different lives it’s bizarre! But maybe she thinks it’ll give her that fashion connection.

I’ve said it before not sure what content or buzz she gets out of this Lindiess woman unless she’s paying Jerusha to promote her and it’s just a straight cash grab.

Post by Guest »

Hey yeah Holly wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:46 am
adel220 wrote:
Hey yeah Holly wrote:

Agree. And Lydia is the worst influencer, so grabby and out for a freebie while delivering average content in her big sterile house.

I see Jerusha is cosying up to Chouquette (Claire Chanelle) or vice versa over Instagram. They have completely different lives it’s bizarre! But maybe she thinks it’ll give her that fashion connection.

I’ve said it before not sure what content or buzz she gets out of this Lindiess woman unless she’s paying Jerusha to promote her and it’s just a straight cash grab.
Oh, duh, I forgot about Choquette. I forgot about that trainwreck. Lydia stuck out because she is so god awful and yet completely unaware just like Jerusha. :rofl:

Not sure if anyone watched Absolutely Fabulous, but J reminds me of a tamer version of Edina Monsoon (minus drugs and drinking). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

Hey yeah Holly wrote:
It recently occurred to me that this Lindiess Camellia Love bracelet, which Jerusha loves to showcase in her "stack", is a blatant rip-off of the Van Cleef Alhambra bracelet that Jerusha has mentioned wanting too. I mean, how can J not feel like a huge hypocrite on the one hand criticizing replicas, yet wearing a bracelet that is a) definitely inspired by Van Cleef and b) has a name that is simply the mash-up of 2 other famous brand names (Cartier Love bracelet and Chanel Camellia). I guess Lindiess is not taking any chances with her SEO, hence that brazen naming. Jerusha is such a hypocrite to not only associate with Lindiess, but to peddle her replicas to her followers.

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

Fifi_dear wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:53 pm
Hey yeah Holly wrote:
It recently occurred to me that this Lindiess Camellia Love bracelet, which Jerusha loves to showcase in her "stack", is a blatant rip-off of the Van Cleef Alhambra bracelet that Jerusha has mentioned wanting too. I mean, how can J not feel like a huge hypocrite on the one hand criticizing replicas, yet wearing a bracelet that is a) definitely inspired by Van Cleef and b) has a name that is simply the mash-up of 2 other famous brand names (Cartier Love bracelet and Chanel Camellia). I guess Lindiess is not taking any chances with her SEO, hence that brazen naming. Jerusha is such a hypocrite to not only associate with Lindiess, but to peddle her replicas to her followers.
I know, all her stuff is so blatant. I said it before but seriously Jerusha is bringing her luxury items in to question by associating with her. If we don’t see her buy it in store, are they replicas? (I believe they are all real but??)

I never comment on YouTube but I really want to ask her a question about it.

All I can think is Lindiess is paying her to promote her stuff and it would need to be $$$$ because it’s trash.

Lucfly13
Learner
Learner

Post by Lucfly13 »

All I can think is Lindiess is paying her to promote her stuff and it would need to be $$$$ because it’s trash.
Me too. Although she deletes negative comments very swiftly!! Someone commented the other day on Insta on that pic where her legs look particularly skinny & an odd shape - asked about the obvious photoshopping - comment was removed in about 30 sec's!

That bracelet is awful & such a blatant rip off. Complete contrast to her new Cartier items. Agree, Lindiess must be paying her.

Post by Guest »

Guys, I just noticed something. Jerusha doesn’t follow James Charles, Jeffree Star, (or any of the Kartrashians, interestingly) on Instagram. Why the F did she make a big fuss over the JC scandal then?! :rofl: Unless I missed something here...

I can’t believe her! :lol: :lol: :lol: I know we all talk about how she just likes to follow people and trends but this just validated that she doesn’t know what she is doing or talking about! She chose to pick sides when she has got no clue about the type of people James Charles and J* is and how toxic the beauty community is...I thought she looked stupid then but she clearly looks like an idiot now.

Edina Monsoon, for sure.

NYCkitty
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by NYCkitty »

Lucfly13 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:48 pm
Me too. Although she deletes negative comments very swiftly!! Someone commented the other day on Insta on that pic where her legs look particularly skinny & an odd shape - asked about the obvious photoshopping - comment was removed in about 30 sec's!
OMG! I was starting to look like a meme trying to figure out the HUGE discrepancy between the way she looks on IG and what she looks like on YouTube. This isn't about fat shaming. I mean the woman just had a baby. But I can't believe she's back to photoshopping her pictures again! Remember when she posted a photo of her arm all warped? Anyway, I can't believe she thinks she can fool anyone when we she purposely films herself pack her groceries in the trunk of her car in the most unforgiving angle possible.

Like come on woman. How shallow and fake can you be?! We can literally see you!!!

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

I find hard to believe that a fashion designer would dress like this. My eyes hurt a lot :rofl:

That pink Chanel bag does not suit her at all. It looks small and out of place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

What on earth is that outfit :rofl: she looks like she got dressed in the dark.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

YIKES :rofl:
Soft pinks don't do her any favours. It's not a bad thing, they are like yellows - most people cannot pull them off. And she knows it... she has so far usually picked very punchy berry colours, she knows what suits her. It's a shame social media "forced her" to jump on the iridescent pink hype train. This stuff is going to be gone so quickly, I promise you. Quicker than the Tiffany blue (which also was way too pastel for her to ever seriously consider for herself), I bet.

It's funny, with this outfit and the bracelet+watch stack she really looks like she's time-traveling back to 2010. I remember wearing outfits like that then too and thought I was hot shit. The only difference was that I had just turned 20, had just moved to a big city with so many more shops than the place where I grew up and for the first time started dabbling in fashion/outfits. Of course, that entailed a lot of hideous combinations, but I was an honest novice (and I suppose in 2010 it didn't even look that bad... but in 2019? Nahhh girl).

Post by Guest »

Jerusha is a fashion disaster. The little bubble gum pink Chanel with that outfit coupled with her size doesn’t work at all. The painted on jeans with the Gucci slippers don’t go with the jacket and blouse. She has 3 different mismatched looks going on at the same time. Just no.

ETA: Off topic, why does she call her husband Gurrrl? She’s been saying it to Massi now too.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

I think she uses "gurrrrl" not as a nickname for anyone, but to convey a similar meaning like "damn" ... she usually says it in context where she wants to emphasize something is really awesome or terrible. She does the same thing with "oh honeeeeeey" (although that one is mostly negative, sort of like "oh bless you") ... I don't know why she is always appropriating African-American speak. She doesn't even seem to watch any POC Youtubers. But further up in the thread someone suggested that she was actually imitating J* which would make more sense, I guess.

Return to “JerushaCouture”