Melmphs Part 7

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Melmphs Part 7

Post by hellyeah »

laniezee wrote:It sounds to me like her management is dropping her because when they email her and try to communicate with her.. she just blows them off. She said she told them to call because she doesn't do well with emails (or something like that). WTF? She is essentially their employee.. You don't get to tell employers how to do things.. it is vice versa.

She is SO irresponsible.

She looks terrible in that video. I can't believe how different she looks and acts -- from just 5 years ago. The hard living took its toll.

I wonder how much longer Ricky will put up with this.

I have a co worker that I enjoy talking to and you really have to know her to love her; but like Melissa she can be loud and obnoxious by the things she says and give you secondhand embarrassment. My point is, it becomes too much and people get annoyed.

I agree it’s pretty stupid to ignore their emails all because she supposedly can’t communicate that way; which sounds really stupid considering her “job” was on the internet. She gets on SM. Emailing is not hard. I would rather e mail than talk on the phone. She always said she didn’t edit videos and she couldn’t work her camera. Well, LEARN! I’d bet she can email just fine when a company is offering her free product or a paid sponsorship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laniezee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laniezee »

hellyeah wrote: I have a co worker that I enjoy talking to and you really have to know her to love her; but like Melissa she can be loud and obnoxious by the things she says and give you secondhand embarrassment. My point is, it becomes too much and people get annoyed.

I agree it’s pretty stupid to ignore their emails all because she supposedly can’t communicate that way; which sounds really stupid considering her “job” was on the internet. She gets on SM. Emailing is not hard. I would rather e mail than talk on the phone. She always said she didn’t edit videos and she couldn’t work her camera. Well, LEARN! I’d bet she can email just fine when a company is offering her free product or a paid sponsorship.

Right. It is the squeaking and squealing with Melissa - that is really grating. It hurts my ears -- so high-pitched and irritating. That's what toddlers do, not adults.

Her ignoring their emails because she basically doesn't like emailing is ridiculous. Every job has drawbacks, but we just suck it and do what is required. She refuses to take the time to learn anything. She is too lazy and ignorant. And she is cool staying that way.

ETA: Did anyone feel like we were getting led into a plea for money, like having people sign up for Patreon? I felt like she was setting us up to ask for cash.

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

She is such a flippin' drama queen. Acts like she is 12 years old. I watched part of her 'quitting youtube' (again..?? :roll: ) and she is disgusting. Talks with like 5 or 6 different voices, switching back and forth between sentences, sometimes between words. :roll: :roll:

She really craves attention. She knew this video would get a lot of clicks, and it did. At 34k so far. That is more than her usual say 3 or 4 videos get anymore. She is smart in that way. I suppose a 'life update' will soon follow. With nothing much being said. :roll:

I think a big part of the reason she looks like crap now is because she is back with Rick and depressed. Sorry, calling it how I see it. I remember way back a good while before she left Rick, someone on here commented on how it was odd that a SAHM would get all dolled up, false lashes, etc, to sit at home all day. Who knows what she was doing back then. Hadlie was still very little and would not remember.

IMHO she sells on IG and etc instead of ebay or poshmark or whatever, because she thinks she will make more $$ via IG because her followers want something their 'heroine' touched.

I agree, she wants the cushy youtube life and paychecks but wants to put in no work.

I can't imagine the drama Rick must put up with. He must be a saint, or tune a lot of it out.

It just feels like she posts drama 'look at me' videos anymore. Maybe an occasional PR product sent video to keep the PR rolling in.

Why does she make that goofy "duh duh duh' sound so much..? I can't explain it, but she does it a lot, usually when she gets tongue-tied. I really don't want to see her tongue up close and personal. :roll: :?

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

I just watched the rest of that video. She is laughable. She is getting a lawyer involved. Hilarious. She is all worried about a 'hobby' (can't really call it a job, she puts no effort in) that her husband and family frown upon. And who is going to pay for said lawyer..? My guess is the ex-hubby. The one she could not leave fast enough for some supposed drug addict. The one she supposedly cleared the entire house from, leaving him with not even a can opener. The one whose last name she could not get rid of fast enough.

She is a piece of work. Make sure this lawyer sees all of these deleted videos and deleted posts. Because youtube will still have record of all of them.
The internet never forgets.

She has put her family and Rick through so much. Imagine the stuff we do not even hear about. And she bucks them and wants to defend her crap of a youtube channel. She was vehement in this video at times. And of course throwing some veiled potshots at JStarr. Surprise, surprise, And then she says she 'does not care'. Um, yeah, Melissa, that is why you say you got a lawyer... :roll: :? :roll:

I would have far more respect for her if she stepped away from youtube totally, but that will never happen. She is too immature and too much of an attention craver. If I had a family member acting like that on youtube, especially one at her age and with a small child, I would be mortified.

It's obvious her family had a talking to her, by the sounds of this 'quittting youtube' video. She must be ticked about that, as well. :roll: :?

But dang she literally looked like she was practically gritting her teeth a couple times in that video. I felt the entire video was for attention, clicks, and 'poor me'. Like a few others have said, she brought this all on herself. But oh yes, let's try and not so subtly refer to JStarr. She is so bitter and jealous. But she says she does not care. :? :roll:

ohhey01
Informer
Informer

Post by ohhey01 »

Damn, Melissa just needs to cancel her channel and move on. I haven’t watched her in forever but watched a lot of the latest video. She looks terrible. Her personality sucks. She’s whiny, negative and watching the 9 minutes I watched made me feel gross. I like watching videos that don’t leave me feeling drained and she drained the hell out of me.

Maybe with her management dropping her (for very good reason I suspect) she’ll finally move on to other things. YouTube is not for her anymore.

And who the hell in any sort of business situation just ignores email?! That’s not how the business working world works.

I don’t feel sorry for her one bit. She put herself in this situation so she needs to be a grownup and figure out her life because this hot mess express train won’t end well.

Post by Guest »

I used to really like Melissa.
Now I feel as if I’m intruding upon her unhappy life. Shame.

WCSaidSo

Post by WCSaidSo »

Slightly off topic, but I have wondered this for nearly five years: As a southern, white, Christian woman close in age to Melissa, I have always been amazed that people let her get by with her fake “voices”. Maybe I am just overly empathetic (knowing so much about the Civil Rights Movement and the role my hometown negatively played), or maybe I am just intentionally careful, but wouldn’t you say she tries to imulate an overly dramatized, stereotype of a southern, African American Female “voice” at times? I’ve always found that off-putting and potentially offensive, and I have wondered if I was the only one. Does that offend anyone here? Am I just being picky? :| :(

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

loloe616 wrote:Slightly off topic, but I have wondered this for nearly five years: As a southern, white, Christian woman close in age to Melissa, I have always been amazed that people let her get by with her fake “voices”. Maybe I am just overly empathetic (knowing so much about the Civil Rights Movement and the role my hometown negatively played), or maybe I am just intentionally careful, but wouldn’t you say she tries to imulate an overly dramatized, stereotype of a southern, African American Female “voice” at times? I’ve always found that off-putting and potentially offensive, and I have wondered if I was the only one. Does that offend anyone here? Am I just being picky? :| :(

No, you are not the only one who feels that way. This was brought up a while ago, and more than once, about her dramatizing her voice (she seems to dramatize everything). A lot of people feel she puts on an overly exaggerated heavy fake accent.

Someone mentioned her playing to people as if she was almost asking for money. I would not put it past her. Does she still keep her PO Box? PR stuff can be sent to her house, so if she keeps up her PO Box, chances are it's for gifts (maybe even money) from subbies. That kind of makes me sick. There are probably followers of hers who barely make ends meet who probably send her money or stuff for her or even for Hadlie. I doubt her and Rick are hurting. As others have said, she brought this all on herself.

I think she will still get youtube paychecks for views for her old videos, no..? And whatever randoms she puts out..? Or if she gets demonteized, does she make squat..? I agree, she deserves it. She behaves so disrespectfully to her viewers, I am surprised anybody watches her, really. But also, she never puts links in her description bar for the products. She is so lazy. What does she do all day while Rick is at work and Hadlie is at school..?

I really would not worry about her quitting youtube. She will stick it out for whatever little perks she gets and to whine about her life. So many would give their left arm for the life she has. She needs a wakeup call. She probably says she is grateful and Christian and blah blah but I wonder. She seems bitter about so many things.

KellBell904
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by KellBell904 »

My sister in law does that extreme southern accent when she talks. I have never thought of it as offensive, and she would never, ever do it intentionally to be offensive. I always assumed Mel was just being silly like that, too, but maybe not. If you go back to her “oldest videos” she does it, but it’s definitely NOT as much.

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

Oh geez. She uploaded a 'just woke up pajamas' Friday Favorites. Rushed through it, showing the piddly freebie PR she got recently. How can she be trusted if she just shows the freebies she recently got, and claiming them all as 'faves'..? Shady, shady, shady and just looking for clicks and views. And once again, "0" effort.

Angel227
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Angel227 »

I usually just lurk on this board but I was just watching her latest video and had to pause the video. When she’s showing the UD petite Heat palette, she says she sold her original Heat palette because she didn’t use it very much. Uh, did she just admit on camera to selling a PR item?

PinkButtholeLips
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkButtholeLips »

ANOTHER PUPPY?

How many dogs has she had and given away now so far? I asked the same thing on her new video but I’m not expecting a reply ;)

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

I don't know..I get the feeling she put this Fri Favs up because she is afraid of being dropped for not putting up enough videos.

I hope her PR people/manager whoever take a good look at her videos of the past year...SLOPPY. They look and feel rushed, like she can't be bothered. It feels like she just wants to keep her free PR rolling in and keep getting her piddly little yt paychecks for yelping at Hadlie and the dogs while she shoves her latest free PR product into the camera, often with chipped up gross nails and no makeup, or looking like the cleaning lady. Unprofessional is not even the word...

Sometimes I wonder if a lot of her fangirls who praise her just want to keep seeing this train wreck in action, so they encourage her. I can't imagine any well meaning person and anyone who can think straight encouraging this behavior. They must be as much of a mess as she is. :? :? :?

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

Forgot to mention this in my post yesterday..Has anybody noticed she wears a pink scrunchie on her right (?) wrist lately, or she wears long sleeves a lot lately..?

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by hellyeah »

tgal789 wrote:I don't know..I get the feeling she put this Fri Favs up because she is afraid of being dropped for not putting up enough videos.

I hope her PR people/manager whoever take a good look at her videos of the past year...SLOPPY. They look and feel rushed, like she can't be bothered. It feels like she just wants to keep her free PR rolling in and keep getting her piddly little yt paychecks for yelping at Hadlie and the dogs while she shoves her latest free PR product into the camera, often with chipped up gross nails and no makeup, or looking like the cleaning lady. Unprofessional is not even the word...

Sometimes I wonder if a lot of her fangirls who praise her just want to keep seeing this train wreck in action, so they encourage her. I can't imagine any well meaning person and anyone who can think straight encouraging this behavior. They must be as much of a mess as she is. :? :? :?

I know people thought she was a hot mess before but I feel like she actually gave a damn in the past. Yeah she was nutty but idk, that didn’t bother too much.
Like her chipped nails- y’all remember when she use to paint her nails, wear jewelry, wear cute tops/scarves, and curl her hair? Now she’s all- “wet hair and a MOO MOO” Image

I think if she got her shit together and started caring or at least pretend like she cares she could appeal to the 30 something 40 something crowd and have a decent fan base. I am in Mel’s age group so that’s another reason I was attracted to her. I follow some influencers that are 5-10 years younger than me, too, but it’s nice to find influencers that are in the older crowd.

I do agree she wants to keep the PR train comin. As I’ve mentioned I find that shitty as she rarely demos or talks about the free things she gets. Like the milk makeup concealer. She had the PR card for it but never mentioned it or showed it until Friday favorites.

I think there are fans that do enjoy this current Melissa so they are going to be the ones that excuse her behavior, call others jealous haters, and pacify her.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

She has to put out some videos. She hasn’t done anything really in a long time.

I used to like Melissa a lot when she first started. She was too judgmental but I liked her. I keep hoping she
will get better. She’s got to get her act together again. She could appeal to a slightly older audience. Not
everyone that watches YT is a teen. She just can’t seem to get it together and she appears so unhappy. I
just have a hard time watching that.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

tgal789 wrote:Forgot to mention this in my post yesterday..Has anybody noticed she wears a pink scrunchie on her right (?) wrist lately, or she wears long sleeves a lot lately..?
I hadn’t noticed. I need to pay better attention. I wonder why???

ohhey01
Informer
Informer

Post by ohhey01 »

Wait what? Image

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I saw that. I wonder how many people are subscribers from the old days?
She doesn’t have anywhere near that watching her. I thought she was thinking about quitting again.
Did she buy subscribers? We will have to check later.

Million Subscribers! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mamagoody5
Informer
Informer

Post by mamagoody5 »

I hope that's an April Fool's joke!

Return to “Melmphs”