Estée "YOUR #ad HERE" Lalonde - GreedyButton part 10

JustGlow

Estée "YOUR #ad HERE" Lalonde - GreedyButton part 10

Post by JustGlow »

Please continue here my dears!

Here's your norwegian lesson for the day:
I London er det kun Oxford og Regent Street som er verdt å sjekke ut!
Translates to:
In London, only Oxford and Regent Street are worth checking out!

Sidenote: Parts of Regent Street is owned by the Norwegian government!

TeaMonster
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estée "Your Ad Here" Lalonde - GreedyButton part 10

Post by TeaMonster »

Great thread name!! :tu: :tu:

I wanted to add that I am getting really sick of this LuLuLemon trend! Anna from VivanaDoesMakeup mentioned it a while back, and I am sure other youtubers too, so just out of curiosity I went to check their website, and damn, a random pair of pants costs almost £100!! What the F?!! Who exactly do these girls think their viewers are? What young girl aged 15-25 let's say, has £100 to spend only on freaking exercise pants?

http://www.lululemon.co.uk/products/clo ... omen-pants

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

My coworkers were talking about lululemon a few days ago and how you can get really cute stuff for cheap so I checked the website and yeah...it's over 100 US dollars for a boring knit sweater. Off topic, just felt like mentioning it

starlights
Informer
Informer

Post by starlights »

I think I might finally take the plunge and unsubscribe to her. I never used to be aware of how shady she really was as I never took a lot of special interest in her beyond watching her videos, but now, after lurking here for a while it's as if my eyes have been opened. I think I may have also grown tired of her general 'I'm such a granny haha so quirky check out the ideas I stole from other people' internet persona. I don't think I can bear watching her new video, and if I do, I'll turn on adblock because I do not want people like her to profit from me. Might still lurk here though, just because I'm curious about what you guys have to say about her.

teadrunk
Talker
Talker

Post by teadrunk »

So I'm mostly a lurker here, but something Estee said in her new video today had me rolling.

"I have just way too many coats for one person. But they're just my favorite thing to wear in the winter time." LOL, aren't coats pretty much EVERYONE'S favorite thing to wear in the winter? Because it's freaking WINTER. Does she ever think about what she's actually saying? :rofl:

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

the title :rofl:

monia22
Informer
Informer

Post by monia22 »

TeaMonster wrote:Great thread name!! :tu: :tu:

I wanted to add that I am getting really sick of this LuLuLemon trend! Anna from VivanaDoesMakeup mentioned it a while back, and I am sure other youtubers too, so just out of curiosity I went to check their website, and damn, a random pair of pants costs almost £100!! What the F?!! Who exactly do these girls think their viewers are? What young girl aged 15-25 let's say, has £100 to spend only on freaking exercise pants?

http://www.lululemon.co.uk/products/clo ... omen-pants
I was a camp counselor in America this summer in a rich camp I guess, and 100% of the girls from 8 to 15 years old were dressed only in Lululemon, Hunter, even chanel etc AT CAMP! Don't forget the kids of (very) RICH parents!
But well obviously that's not the majority of the viewers who are probably medium/middle class etc.
Also sometimes I have the impression that they want to impress young viewers now so they can have them as customers later when they have a salary?! Like the brands know they can't afford it now, but they will grow fast.

Charmed
Informer
Informer

Post by Charmed »

YOUR #ad HERE. Gotta make the advertisement as small as possible! Maybe then people won't notice. :tu:

So much talk about Estee not being able to go full out for Christmas. I honestly don't think she cares. She's way too lazy to decorate their entire 10 room house or whatever. Has she said anything recently in the vlogs about wanting to decorate? I don't watch them anymore but I thought last year or the year before she said she doesn't decorate because she's not that into it like a lot of people are.

yetanotherlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by yetanotherlurker »

I can't with how awkward Estee is in this winter wardrobe video; the hand rubbing together and hugging herself is just too much.

Plus my favorite quote: "I am a big fan of coats… they're just my favorite thing to wear in the wintertime". Seriously Estee? You don't say? Too bad I've never thought of putting a coat on during the winter, I've been wondering why I've been so cold each time I go outside...

lishabell
Learner
Learner

Post by lishabell »

i didnt see this in the faq section but how exactly did estee and amelia meet?

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Got to say I think she's kind of crazy filming pretty much outside of her house for her latest video. I know where she lives from stuff that's been on this site previously, but she's just put it out there for everyone to see. I wonder why she did that? Showing off or something else?

The actual video was awkward and I didn't think she looked that great in any of the outfits to be honest. It's funny because I used to think she was really beautiful, but nowadays, I actually don't enjoy looking at her face very much at all. :? I feel like she looks as though she's smirking a lot of the time. She's still got a fantastic smile though I think.

JustGlow

Re: Estée "YOUR #ad HERE" Lalonde - GreedyButton part 10

Post by JustGlow »

Ugh.. The turtle necks. They look so bad on her.

Post by Guest »

Lululemom is definitely popular now, so I'm not surprised Essie is all over that. Parents with money will buy that stuff for their kids. I remember when Coach was really popular; I saw 12 year olds carrying around coach purses and wristlets. I actually used to buy lots of lululemom but their athletic quality has REALLY gone down hill. I miss the old days. :( A $100 top and $100 pants from lulu is not uncommon at all.

@Baconpancakes, I meant to say this earlier, but how did I miss the SWF thread?! Hahaha. Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to check it out now. :)

overtheolivetree
Informer
Informer

Post by overtheolivetree »

The "coats are my favorite thing to wear in the winter" reminded me so much of this:

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

[tweet][/tweet]
I can't. Seriously?!

Also, this has to be sponsored:
[tweet][/tweet]

Post by Guest »

overtheolivetree wrote:The "coats are my favorite thing to wear in the winter" reminded me so much of this:

Lmao. And in other news, water is wet.

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

JustGlow wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
I can't. Seriously?!
She's the epitome of a person with first world problems :rofl:
lishabell wrote:i didnt see this in the faq section but how exactly did estee and amelia meet?
They're part of the same network, I think that's how they met.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

TeaMonster
Talker
Talker

Post by TeaMonster »

Well my bad I guess, seems it is now normal to buy £100 yoga pants? I don't know, I still find it way too much money for such an item. I understand spending more money on a nice pair of jeans or a good quality sweater, but not fitness clothing. Maybe it is just me, but just because these youtubers find it "affordable" it is wrong of them to make it seem like something normal to younger viewers who don't necessarily come from rich families.
I even noticed a few comments on Anna's (ViviannaDoesMakeup) fitness video (where she showed "expensive-ish" fitness clothing), saying that there are a lot of outlet stores in the UK like SportsDirect that have a huge variety of sportswear like Adidas and Nike and Reebok, for much less money. But I guess these girls don't care about the "poor" viewers anymore. Big companies are pushing hard to sell their (in my opinion) overpriced products and these youtubers couldn't care to give a damn!

Regarding Estee's turtle neck and old lady scarf combo? I can't.

monia22
Informer
Informer

Post by monia22 »

TeaMonster wrote:Well my bad I guess, seems it is now normal to buy £100 yoga pants? I don't know, I still find it way too much money for such an item. I understand spending more money on a nice pair of jeans or a good quality sweater, but not fitness clothing. Maybe it is just me, but just because these youtubers find it "affordable" it is wrong of them to make it seem like something normal to younger viewers who don't necessarily come from rich families.
I even noticed a few comments on Anna's (ViviannaDoesMakeup) fitness video (where she showed "expensive-ish" fitness clothing), saying that there are a lot of outlet stores in the UK like SportsDirect that have a huge variety of sportswear like Adidas and Nike and Reebok, for much less money. But I guess these girls don't care about the "poor" viewers anymore. Big companies are pushing hard to sell their (in my opinion) overpriced products and these youtubers couldn't care to give a damn!

Regarding Estee's turtle neck and old lady scarf combo? I can't.
Oh yeah I agree with you it's way too much money. i think it's okay for people who are so rich they don't know what to do with their money anymore, but any regular people restraining on other budgets to afford clothes like lululemon or really anything the gurus promote is a shame and ridiculous, but probably an entire consumer society problems (my sister is a social worker and the number of people she works who are poor, in debt but still have iphones because they want to be like everyone else is ridiculous, even if it means not paying the rent for 6 months!)
That's what is the most problematic with Estée, from what I was seeing before Gurugossip, I had no idea she was basically a millionnaire with her boyfriend money, so it's really not fair to make people want to buy stuff that are basically free for her.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

JustGlow wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
Can't she find a way to interact with her viewers that doesn't make her look incredibly dumb? I get that interaction is important, but she's asking where to buy baubles when we know she's frequently on Oxford Street (home of big department stores Selfridges, John Lewis, and I believe Fenwicks and House of Fraser). Plus the House of Fraser video included her saying she had got baubles from that very shop! (In reality she was sent some in the post and wouldn't have set foot in the place). She could at least have asked: "Do you know any independent shops or craft fairs that do baubles?" Oh... but I'm being slow here and not realising her original question was a set-up to doing something with a big brand.

Lol... the bike gets dusted off and taken out of the garage. It will not see sunlight again until it's needed as a prop in a spring lookbook video. Now I've got to the end it looks like a different bike.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

Return to “Estee Lalonde”