Essiebutton (and Aslan) FAQs

peggypizza
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Essiebutton (and Aslan) FAQs

Post by peggypizza »

"The most recent sale for this property was recorded on 28/03/2013 for £1,999,000."

peggypizza
Lurker
Lurker

Post by peggypizza »

From Aslan's planning application, mildly interesting:
The applicant intends to replace the existing glazing with an alternative design to afford a more contemporary aesthetic and outlook. The existing windows are period in style but not authentic, as the house was built very recently in a neo-Georgian style.

The proposals are designed to be simple and suit the domestic proportion and scale of the property whilst maximising the applicant’s perceived visual connectivity with their rear garden, as well as maximising the light into their accommodation. The exterior will be more in keeping with the contemporary studio previously consented and fits the landscaping aesthetic more appropriately than the neo-Georgian details of the existing doors and screen.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

I think it's a bit arsey of the council to refuse permission for those doors. Their rear yard is enclosed and I don't think doors with more glass would have caused privacy issues for neighbours (considering the existing doors have lots of glass). Replacing the doors obv. doesn't make the house bigger to impose on neighbours that way or destroy the original design of the house, especially since this is a new-build. It doesn't surprise me, though, because my husband works in that industry and their "logic" can be baffling sometimes!
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

I don't understand why this place is so expensive anyway, if it were a genuine period house, ok, but basically it's just a terraced house?
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

husky
Informer
Informer

Post by husky »

kowabunga wrote:I don't understand why this place is so expensive anyway, if it were a genuine period house, ok, but basically it's just a terraced house?
It's in central London (Zone 1 or 2 for travel) - location can make all the difference.

bellavia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bellavia »

husky wrote:
kowabunga wrote:I don't understand why this place is so expensive anyway, if it were a genuine period house, ok, but basically it's just a terraced house?
It's in central London (Zone 1 or 2 for travel) - location can make all the difference.
This. It's a large home, but more, in a desirable area. London is expensive all over...Zones 1/2 are insane.

I assume they are doing all this work on it to eventually flip it for a big profit (in Aslan's future plans, likely). Housing in that area....or in any central part of touristy cities (Paris, Rome, Florence, etc) do not devalue. A friend of mine paid 185,000 Euros for her old, dark, 50 sq meter 1 bedroom flat in Florence (a 5 minute walk to the Duomo) about 9-10 years ago. She hadn't done any type of remodel aside from bathroom fixtures and sold it for 240,000 (asking was 270,000) last year. Look at Venice....no Italians even live their anymore. Housing prices outpaced them and only the rich Russians and Chinese can buy up property now.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

On UK property programme Location, Location, Location they said recently that some London houses are going up by £4000 per week.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

I've also found her house in Canada. Still can't figure out the house in London though.

Barron22
Learner
Learner

Post by Barron22 »

I've found what I'm assuming is a similar property to theirs, all I can say is she lucked out finding him on the internet and eventually being able to move into a house like that. Is unsurprising shes turned into who she is today to be honest.

onecoolcat
Lurker
Lurker

Post by onecoolcat »

Hi, I'm new here, haha, but I just thought I'd throw it out there that the reason for a sudden increase in their spending that still aligns with Aslan having a trust might be that his trust account had strings attached. I don't know about the UK, but I assume banks offer similar legal structures to trusts as exist in the US. Age, degrees, etc., a family member can put certain restrictions on access. Maybe Aslan reached the age or enrolled in school in order to have access.

liquidlinernotes
Debater
Debater

Post by liquidlinernotes »

onecoolcat wrote:Hi, I'm new here, haha, but I just thought I'd throw it out there that the reason for a sudden increase in their spending that still aligns with Aslan having a trust might be that his trust account had strings attached. I don't know about the UK, but I assume banks offer similar legal structures to trusts as exist in the US. Age, degrees, etc., a family member can put certain restrictions on access. Maybe Aslan reached the age or enrolled in school in order to have access.
Maybe, but I think it has more to do with Estee's brand really taking off in the last year and Aslan's parents buying them a 2 million dollar apartment (so they don't have to rent anymore).

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

liquidlinernotes wrote:
Maybe, but I think it has more to do with Estee's brand really taking off in the last year and Aslan's parents buying them a 2 million dollar apartment (so they don't have to rent anymore).
It's a 2 million+ pounds house = 3.1 million dollars. Just correcting it for people who didn't know about the price yet.

Lainaba
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lainaba »

Estee is from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
I know her younger brother and have for a while now.. it's about 3 years younger than her.
She doesn't mention him very much, I'm assuming because he doesn't like that kind of thing.. just like her parents don't.
Her mom is a sweetheart, I met her a few times, and also met Estee.

Nice people, and she comes from a great family!
I'm very happy for her.

Lainaba
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lainaba »

ashelflife wrote:I've also found her house in Canada. Still can't figure out the house in London though.
This is a bit creepy... I know where she lives because I know her brother, but no need to spread it around .

bigdaddykt
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bigdaddykt »

I've been quite a long time viewer of Estee and am new to the GG community (although I have been lurking for quite some time).

I came here today just to address the fact that many of you guys when addressing where Estee is from in Canada as "Podunk, Ontario". Now I guess it is common knowledge that Estee is from the KW region of Southern Ontario, specifically Kitchener, Ontario. I figured this out a while ago from the older Canada vlogs, now I have family from the KW and when I was younger coming from Toronto I always viewed the area as like most say Podunk, Ontario. However, now I attend university in this region and I must say it isn't as Podunk as you think. Waterloo (where Estee went to university) which is the "W" to KW region houses 2 major Canadian public universities (Wilfrid Laurier, more of a Liberal Arts University [which I attend] with one of the best Business programs in Ontario [maybe Canada but I'm not too sure] and University of Waterloo, which is a science/math school and is internationally known [which Estee attended]), Waterloo also houses some tech companies such as RIM, and KIK. The people who live in this area aren't as hick as you think, often times at school I see many of the people driving high end European cars like Audis. Sometimes, when I pass the downtown area of Kitchener, I do see some hick like people but don't be fooled there are many affluent people who live in this area/work in the tech industry. With that being said, I just kind of wanted to defend this area of Ontario as a Torontonian. Kitchener is actually the 22 most populated area of Canada. 22nd isn't that big of a city but it's like I said not as hick or Podunk as you all think.

With that being said, keep up with the snooping. I totally enjoy reading all the things I never knew or having people discover/uncover things I wonder about aka the sudden wealth they accumulated.

kk103783
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kk103783 »

They have a 3 million dollar house but she complained about a $8 cake pan...

realseattlite
Learner
Learner

Post by realseattlite »

bigdaddykt wrote:I've been quite a long time viewer of Estee and am new to the GG community (although I have been lurking for quite some time).

I came here today just to address the fact that many of you guys when addressing where Estee is from in Canada as "Podunk, Ontario". Now I guess it is common knowledge that Estee is from the KW region of Southern Ontario, specifically Kitchener, Ontario. I figured this out a while ago from the older Canada vlogs, now I have family from the KW and when I was younger coming from Toronto I always viewed the area as like most say Podunk, Ontario. However, now I attend university in this region and I must say it isn't as Podunk as you think. Waterloo (where Estee went to university) which is the "W" to KW region houses 2 major Canadian public universities (Wilfrid Laurier, more of a Liberal Arts University [which I attend] with one of the best Business programs in Ontario [maybe Canada but I'm not too sure] and University of Waterloo, which is a science/math school and is internationally known [which Estee attended]), Waterloo also houses some tech companies such as RIM, and KIK. The people who live in this area aren't as hick as you think, often times at school I see many of the people driving high end European cars like Audis. Sometimes, when I pass the downtown area of Kitchener, I do see some hick like people but don't be fooled there are many affluent people who live in this area/work in the tech industry. With that being said, I just kind of wanted to defend this area of Ontario as a Torontonian. Kitchener is actually the 22 most populated area of Canada. 22nd isn't that big of a city but it's like I said not as hick or Podunk as you all think.

With that being said, keep up with the snooping. I totally enjoy reading all the things I never knew or having people discover/uncover things I wonder about aka the sudden wealth they accumulated.

I thought Essiebutton only finished high school

or I thought thats what she said in her askessie video

bigdaddykt
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bigdaddykt »

realseattlite wrote:
bigdaddykt wrote:I've been quite a long time viewer of Estee and am new to the GG community (although I have been lurking for quite some time).

I thought Essiebutton only finished high school

or I thought thats what she said in her askessie video
I am unsure if she graduated university, however she is in the student database (I looked it up).

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Unicorns »

I cannot defend kitchener cause honestly I've lived here all my life and it's still a dump. Waterloo however is not too bad, you can definitely see the students that are well off (especially the international students) walking around town, and the shops in waterloo have definitely improved...

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Unicorns wrote:

I cannot defend kitchener cause honestly I've lived here all my life and it's still a dump. Waterloo however is not too bad, you can definitely see the students that are well off (especially the international students) walking around town, and the shops in waterloo have definitely improved...
As another person who is from Ontario, when I hear/read Podunk I feel slightly defensive. Podunk to me is Tillsonburg, St. Thomas, Collingwood or Paris maybe. Places that have only one Tim Hortons & one Shoppers Drugmart :D

Totally removed from Estees' new life tho! No Chanel or Burberry flagship boutiques around SW Ontario unless you go into downtown Toronto. There are highend shops but nothing like England.

I remember when the Rebecca Minkoff bags were big, only 2 shops in my town carried them.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”