Cooking for Bae: The CookWithCaca Edition (Part II)

sha1234

Re: Cooking for Bae: The CookWithCaca Edition (Part II)

Post by sha1234 »

mindlesschatter wrote:Did anyone else think her eggplant today looked raw?!?

And why, does this Asian (yes, Ape you are Asian), pseudovegetarian with her own cooking channel not know that tofu is bean curd?!?
You're right, had to rewatch that part. I hope she cooked it a bit more after showing us. I'm honestly amazed Justin doesn't have stomach problems on a regular basis.

Nikory
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nikory »

Yup, eggplant still raw. I love eggplant and I make tortang talong for my hubby. Only Filipino food he likes lol.
Eggplant is like a sponge and will absorb any oil or liquid. You have to cook it through.

babyburr+beluga
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babyburr+beluga »

sha1234 wrote:
mindlesschatter wrote:Did anyone else think her eggplant today looked raw?!?

And why, does this Asian (yes, Ape you are Asian), pseudovegetarian with her own cooking channel not know that tofu is bean curd?!?
You're right, had to rewatch that part. I hope she cooked it a bit more after showing us. I'm honestly amazed Justin doesn't have stomach problems on a regular basis.
:barf:

MSmom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MSmom »

I just came to the realization that in my 54 years I've never ever eaten eggplant! lol I'm not sure why...I've just never tried it. I do know that tofu is made from soybeans...I thought everyone knew that. (I'm not a worldly eater AT ALL).

Having never eaten eggplant, I do know that I wouldn't eat what was on THAT plate. It wasn't appealing...not even the tiniest bit appealing. April must have had difficulty burning things earlier on when she started cooking. It's almost as if she's afraid of the heat on the stove because she consistently under cooks EVERYTHING.

I don't think she was the type of girl who helped mom out in the kitchen. She was probably called down to dinner and she more than likely turned her nose up at everything that was put in front of her. I can easily picture it. She never took the opportunity to learn how to cook from those who could teach her. Besides...who in the world could tell April what to do? She met Justin and created this perfect vision in her head of becoming Miss Suzy Homemaker/Martha Stewart and has been flying by the seat of her pants ever since. No skills...just luck that she hasn't poisoned anyone yet.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. (M. Twain)

sha1234

Post by sha1234 »

MSmom wrote:I just came to the realization that in my 54 years I've never ever eaten eggplant! lol I'm not sure why...I've just never tried it. I do know that tofu is made from soybeans...I thought everyone knew that. (I'm not a worldly eater AT ALL).

Having never eaten eggplant, I do know that I wouldn't eat what was on THAT plate. It wasn't appealing...not even the tiniest bit appealing. April must have had difficulty burning things earlier on when she started cooking. It's almost as if she's afraid of the heat on the stove because she consistently under cooks EVERYTHING.

I don't think she was the type of girl who helped mom out in the kitchen. She was probably called down to dinner and she more than likely turned her nose up at everything that was put in front of her. I can easily picture it. She never took the opportunity to learn how to cook from those who could teach her. Besides...who in the world could tell April what to do? She met Justin and created this perfect vision in her head of becoming Miss Suzy Homemaker/Martha Stewart and has been flying by the seat of her pants ever since. No skills...just luck that she hasn't poisoned anyone yet.
Eggplant is yummy if done right!

I agree that Ape probably didn't help out her mom in the kitchen based on the fact that she is totally clueless now. As for her turning her nose up for dinner - she said her stepdad forced her to eat meat and she didn't like it so maybe there's some sort of traumatic memory there. :roll: (Hell my dad constantly forced us to eat stuff we didn't want/like but that was because he grew up dirt poor and knew what being grateful for what you have was. You don't see me holding grudges against him though lol)

I have always found it interesting that Ape claims she was forced to take care of her siblings and also cook from a young age. (probably had to make sandwiches lol and called that cooking) Surely she'd have learned a thing a two by now. She cooks like a newb, not someone who's had years of experience being in a kitchen. She can't even cook rice properly. They use a rice cooker. You measure water & rice out in ratios. It's not difficult.

I've come to the conclusion that she is just inept at life. The fact that they make money from their YT career is sheer dumb luck and one day that luck will run out.

Nikory
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nikory »

A lot of filipino dishes contains meat. Since, she's a pretendetarian, she probably didn't help much in the kitchen. Also, probably one reason she got kicked out by her stepdad. You have to follow rules when you live in your parents house. It's their house, their rules. Kids think that once they are 18 they are adult and don't need to follow rules inside their home. You don't like rules, you get your own place and pay your own bills and buy your own food.
April probably think she's entitled to every thing. And rules does not apply to her. She still live in her own little bubble. She won't survive one day without Justin and on her own.

z0negirl
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by z0negirl »

^I don't believe for one second that Aps had to care for her siblings in the way she proclaims. Sure, watch them for a few hours and maybe warm up food that was already prepped. Otherwise, I'd have to agree with all the comments about Ape's acting and thinking for only herself. And even that's questionable!

The beauty of Filipino food is its flexibility. If she was a "cook" she'd learn that some Filipino dishes can be transformed into vegetarian, vegan, or whatever your preference. It takes practice and patience, two things she doesn't have nor want it seems.

sha1234

Post by sha1234 »

made with this

How it should look

Nikory
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nikory »

Bay-net lol

Return to “Instagram”