emilynoel83 part 4

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: emilynoel83 part 4

Post by MantisShrimp »

She has such good brows, if she removed just a small row of hairs beneath each one they'd be perfect.

prettyglitter
Lurker
Lurker

Post by prettyglitter »

Didn't she say in a video her mom told her to not pluck or wax on top of the brow and that's why she doesn't do that (something about aging and then dropping or something, idk)? I think going to a salon and having a professional just clean them up would do wonders for Emily's overall look and soften her features a lot. I'm not saying a drastic waxing, but a good clean up and shaping.

heartdeco
Learner
Learner

Post by heartdeco »

Isn't this the trash a guru section? I'm beginning to wonder.

Her brows are like two black catepillars and they look disturbing. That kind of grooming is as bad as
sharpie thin eyebrows.

norilangdon
Learner
Learner

Post by norilangdon »

Airbrush your face more, Em. I dare you.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

And yet again I'm going to question why she feels the need to airbrush in the first place. Reality check Emily: the caked on makeup already mimics an airbrushed effect. You don't need to airbrush something that's already airbrushed.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

That bun is so school marm from little House on The Prairie--was it Miss Beadle? Lol

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

BebeSwan wrote:That bun is so school marm from little House on The Prairie--was it Miss Beadle? Lol
Agreed! It's the puffy part in the front and the overall look of sloppiness that makes it look so old-timey. Like something out of Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman.

I think she might use one of those apps that heavily modifies your face to make it appear "better". They always make people look very clearly fake. I mean, the lower part of her face seems like a completely different shape to what it actually is.

I'm really not big on kids so I couldn't care less about the pregnancy. I do wonder though if Pup will be more of an aunt or grandma figure to the kid.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

YES! Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman LOL

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

xD what's the difference between an aunt and a grandma figure? I wanna say a grandma is more likely to love unconditionally, but it really depends on the grandma/aunt and child so yeah....
Does water resistant mean it doesn't bleed when encountering water, but still rubs off, and waterproof mean doesn't rub off with water? I think if she's gonna use the terms in her review, she could at least explain the difference between the 2. She stated them separately but her conclusion made them sound like the same thing.

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

anat4ever wrote:xD what's the difference between an aunt and a grandma figure? I wanna say a grandma is more likely to love unconditionally, but it really depends on the grandma/aunt and child so yeah....
Does water resistant mean it doesn't bleed when encountering water, but still rubs off, and waterproof mean doesn't rub off with water? I think if she's gonna use the terms in her review, she could at least explain the difference between the 2. She stated them separately but her conclusion made them sound like the same thing.
There's probably not too much of a difference, I was just making fun because I've often felt like Pup comes off more like Emily's Mum and not her sister.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

Pup actually said that she thinks of Emily like a daughter and is proud of *herself* that she raised such a great daughter :?
Edit: the :? is in relation to praising herself, not the fact that she thinks Emily is great

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

It's a really difficult dynamic to have a sibling who is so much older than you are. I have a half sister who is 13 yrs older than I am and we aren't close at all. I feel like she is a cousin more than a sister.

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston »

The fact that she calls her "Pup" - an over pronounces it, of course - makes me irrationally angry :-x

norilangdon
Learner
Learner

Post by norilangdon »

JuliaWinston wrote:The fact that she calls her "Pup" - an over pronounces it, of course - makes me irrationally angry :-x
Her nicknames for everyone are not cute or charming. They honestly just make me cringe.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

That's because these kinds of familial nicknames are meant to stay private...only you think they're cute everyone else is just like EW.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

Sorry for double post but I'm in awe of the fact that Emily claims this is a different technique then she usually does: http://www.beautybroadcast.net/2014/03/ ... r.html?m=1

Literally the only difference is leaving the bottom lashes bare...

Granted this subtle look is better than her usual full face mask, it's absolutely the same as what she usually does, rust transition color and all!

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

Yeah... Those are NOT bare bottom lashes.

norilangdon
Learner
Learner

Post by norilangdon »

You know what I find really odd?

After all her years doing makeup, her winged eyeliner is still awful. Not even the poor camera quality and airbrushing effects she uses can disguise that. It looks as crappy as it did years ago in her older videos.

But then again, none of her techniques have really changed either. I guess this is just another part she didn't feel like needed improvement.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

^She said one time (maybe during BBlive?) that she has trouble with doing winged liner... even if she didn't conciously change, you'd think doing the same thing every day automatically would make the winged liner better.
With haul mini reviews on BB, mini reviews on BBlive, and reviews on BBexpress, I feel like most of her reviews are redundant. She keeps reviewing things she's already talked about and ignoring stuff sitting in her collection (even the new) that she's never mentioned or mentioned once. I asked once about the elf HD blushes, she said she already had them and that was that. She talked about testing the Revlon colorstay dry/normal formula and *silence* (I've probably brought it up more than she has)

norilangdon
Learner
Learner

Post by norilangdon »

Also -

Why is she so defensive over her looks? She typed out a mini-essay defending this bland, unchanging application and called it "Marilyn Monroe inspired". Really, Emily? Don't fool yourself. Your skills and application have not changed since you started wearing makeup.

Return to “Emilynoel83”