emilynoel83 part 2

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: emilynoel83 part 2

Post by mustardmoon1 »

choochy wrote:You know what i'd watch a series from Emily on? Her cleaning out the make up horde. If a product is crap she could do a quick video of the product, keep that as a reference to insert at another time and throw that sh*t out!

There are so many other things she could do, she seems like a nice woman. We have not really see Emily do anything rude or nasty. But we haven't seen her evolve either if anything, the blandness of her looks and purchases are getting worse. If Emily did something like vlog her area of the world, show a typical day, something creative to show her viewers she may find interest rekindled on her channel. I do think that she is missing the routine of the "real world" kind of job and this BBX is to keep herself on a schedule of sorts. Having a real life job is not so bad, it keeps a person grounded in reality, it gets them out and interacting with non-Tube people, it keeps them relevant. I have a feeling that there were supposed to be other bigger projects for Emily and they didn't materialize. It was 9 months ago (approx.) that she quit her job at the news station. I personally think the malaise of staying home is getting to her. It ain't so fresh up in her channel and the BBX sounds like a very dull offering.
I agree with this. Once these gurus give up their "real" jobs, their world becomes very small, superficial, and boring. I can't imagine having nothing to talk about besides the lastest lipstick or curling iron. Sure, women want to be beautiful but there is certainly more to life. Emily used to talk about more interesting things as she was doing tutorials when she was still doing news. I wonder if all this is effecting her relationship with Tyler at all? Surely he gets tired of hearing about beauty products. After all, he is a MAN!!
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

unluckylolli
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by unluckylolli »

choochy wrote: Having a real life job is not so bad, it keeps a person grounded in reality, it gets them out and interacting with non-Tube people, it keeps them relevant. I have a feeling that there were supposed to be other bigger projects for Emily and they didn't materialize. It was 9 months ago (approx.) that she quit her job at the news station. I personally think the malaise of staying home is getting to her. It ain't so fresh up in her channel and the BBX sounds like a very dull offering.
I was thinking the exact same thing. In the vlog she posted explaining her reasoning for quitting her anchoring job, she said that there were opportunities she would not get to take if she remained at the station. Then 7 or 8 months went by, and all that happened was a guest blog on LHJ's website, woop-di-doo. Another 3 or so months on and she did a series of videos for QVC that were really just bad. What happened to all of those opportunities? There have been no new developments or changes with BB. It's just the same "series" that keep getting forgotten and brought back up, the same brown smokey eye, and I could go on. She's bringing nothing new to the table, and I think BBX is a last-ditch effort to draw people in. She has more cosmetics than anyone could ever dream of and she, in no way, does anything creative or outside the box. The more I think about it, the sadder it becomes. She is in a rut of epic proportions and doing nothing to get herself out of it.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

I've said this before, but Emily doesn't seem to realize that she needs people around her. Not everyone is like that, but it's in her personality to thrive on interacting with people. She doesn't need it to stay relevent, she needs it to stay herself if that makes sense.

About the maybelline foundation review, I actually thought it was longer than it needed to be. Like she was dragging it out without giving us much info. She probably does wear primer with it cuz she always wears primer and she hasn't used much so she wouldn't know that it gets used up quickly. So if it were a longer video, she probably wouldn't have more to say.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

anat4ever wrote:I've said this before, but Emily doesn't seem to realize that she needs people around her. Not everyone is like that, but it's in her personality to thrive on interacting with people. She doesn't need it to stay relevent, she needs it to stay herself if that makes sense.

About the maybelline foundation review, I actually thought it was longer than it needed to be. Like she was dragging it out without giving us much info. She probably does wear primer with it cuz she always wears primer and she hasn't used much so she wouldn't know that it gets used up quickly. So if it were a longer video, she probably wouldn't have more to say.
Has anyone noticed that Emily rarely ever goes to any events that lot's of the other large gurus go to? She never goes to any beauty or youtube related events in Los Angeles, and there have been quite a few. Heck, she has only been to one IMATS. It might help her to go and get to know some of the other bloggers and higher ups in the beauty world. It would be fun to see her do a few videos with some of the other girls. I would have thought that with her giving up her full-time job, she would have been anxious to participate as much as she could in anything that would introduce her to other to others in the beauty community and give her more exposure. I find her behavior since she left her job to be very curious. I completely understood her reasons for leaving, I just don't understand why she hasn't tried to grow her channel.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

anat4ever wrote:I've said this before, but Emily doesn't seem to realize that she needs people around her. Not everyone is like that, but it's in her personality to thrive on interacting with people. She doesn't need it to stay relevent, she needs it to stay herself if that makes sense.

She didn't mention a primer, so if I were new to her I wouldn't assume she was wearing one. Most people doing reviews will specify with and without a primer and most test without a primer because companies make their claims on the product alone not how it performs with a primer. I think with how much she put on her face she could look at how quickly the stick would wear down to know it's not going to last long. It was just an example of a detail she could have mentioned, not that I thought she really would. I just think these quick reviews will leave alot to be desired as far as product information.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

^Yeah but haven't all her reviews been like that lately, even the long ones :/ She's talking a lot but not saying anything. Today's review is the same... it took her over 3 minutes to say the product was more of a highlight than anything else, but even then she wouldn't say it straight out.
mustardmoon1 wrote: Has anyone noticed that Emily rarely ever goes to any events that lot's of the other large gurus go to?
She seems to view events as a way to meet subscribers than to network. I think some things holding her back even if she wants to go are the expenses and wanting someone to go with her. Random but I was surprised Tyler went with her to IMATS instead of her sister.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Up until she left her anchor job I doubt she had the time or ability to attend IMATS or any of those big events. Alot of gurus I would see at those places were either strictly East/West located OR they were young and unattached to jobs or families. She did go to IMATs this year after she left the anchor job. That really didn't surprise me, because she had no full time job to plan around anymore.

SilverMiko
Debater
Debater

Post by SilverMiko »

She doesn't need to make express reviews a separate channel. I think she's going to find all too quick she cannot juggle three YT channels and her blog. She should just set up Beauty Broadcast Express as a series on her main channel and put them into a playlist.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

SilverMiko wrote:She doesn't need to make express reviews a separate channel. I think she's going to find all too quick she cannot juggle three YT channels and her blog. She should just set up Beauty Broadcast Express as a series on her main channel and put them into a playlist.
I agree. That what I said the minute she put up the video. That's what Playlists are for.

SilverMiko
Debater
Debater

Post by SilverMiko »

Sometimes I think some gurus believe having multiple channels is "good marketing" and exposure (coughcoughmichellephancoughcough) but it easily becomes jack of all trades master of none and one or most of the other channels get ignored or less updated. Pixiwoo sisters seem to have sunk into this as well.
I think having a separate vlog channel is one thing, but multiple beauty channels when you're one person is a little silly.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

I think once BBX flops, and I really believe it will, we'll be hearing about a BB baby. She's not getting any younger, and as BB and BB Live continue to dwindle in viewership, it'll become a more and more attractive option.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

Perhaps BB Baby will get its own Twitter and Facebook like The Cake.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Ugh, can I tell you how much it irritates me when she calls her cat those stupid nicknames? Caker? Baker? And Cupcake ain't that cute anymore. Time to get going with the babies!

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

Truly, she was at the height of her success when she left the news. It's been nothing but downhill since. If the big offer from QVC or a beauty brand was going to come, it would have. She's been around the block, and nothing incredibly fabulous has materialized from her vids. She's going to be thirty in a couple months, and if they want more than one, they need to get crackin'. Not to mention, Tyler's got to have just the tiniest bit of resentment when he leaves for work in the morning, and she's there on her duff primping, QVC on waiting for Hoda and Kathy Lee to come on.

SilverMiko
Debater
Debater

Post by SilverMiko »

I think instead of making more videos and more channels, she should focus on making more quality content and curation for her blog and post maybe 2-3 videos a week instead. I think that sort of shift would give her more to work on during her days if she concentrated more dedicatedly on written content. Outside of just reviews or spotting new things, she can add tips and tricks, use her blog more for dupe comparisons, or feature guest posts from members of her online community. It's better to have quality over quantity and not force video posts so frequently if you don't have anything really worthwhile to post about. She could maybe reach out to Good Housekeeping, Woman's World, etc. about doing a few beauty product columns or reviews since she has the sort of tone that works for those kinds of publications.
I think ultimately she has to determine what her long-term goals are for Beauty Broadcast and better find a way to get there.

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

Bailey b from making up the Midwest! I can't believe Emily is so obviously ripping her off!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

It's not a new idea from Emily. She started a series of short reviews quite a while ago but she dropped it and didn't go back to it. I doubt she is intentionally ripping off anyone

Aha! I found it! I was able to go back and find one of the reviews she called "Revved-Up Reviews" from 2011. I couldn't remember what the stupid things were called. She did a few then just dropped these.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Fat Shark on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

Illinois too!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

I'm remembering... She was going to do several short reviews on products and post them all that the same time, so she would upload 3 short videos at once. She said so they would be quick and short and get to the jist. She did one series and never did it again. lol.

ETA:How long has Emily been trapped in that damn room? It feels like ages.

Return to “Emilynoel83”