emilynoel83

Jenmarie

emilynoel83

Post by Jenmarie »

I guess she's still considered a "Lesser Gossiped about Guru"?

Jenmarie

Re: emilynoel83

Post by Jenmarie »

I guess she's too boring for much gossip. LOL. She needs to cheat on her hubby and get pregnant or something. ;) Or maybe actually become a stripper instead of just looking like one.

pixxxie

Post by pixxxie »

look out.. shes gonna be peddling more mally crap soon... some wanna be naked palette thing that is going to be on qvc... of course she got it early... but shes not affiliated with any company...

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

pixxxie wrote:look out.. shes gonna be peddling more mally crap soon... some wanna be naked palette thing that is going to be on qvc... of course she got it early... but shes not affiliated with any company...
Is there another Mally kit coming out soon? I wonder what revolutionary product will be in it this time? :roll:

pixxxie

Post by pixxxie »

Jenmarie wrote:
pixxxie wrote:look out.. shes gonna be peddling more mally crap soon... some wanna be naked palette thing that is going to be on qvc... of course she got it early... but shes not affiliated with any company...
Is there another Mally kit coming out soon? I wonder what revolutionary product will be in it this time? :roll:

its just a naked palette rip off... with some kind of cream? thing on the side... idk what iits supposed to be, i just saw a brief pic of it on IG earlier... it doesnt look particularly impressive... i mean... its a neutral palette, that nearly every brand makes... :HK:

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

pixxxie wrote:
Jenmarie wrote:

its just a naked palette rip off... with some kind of cream? thing on the side... idk what iits supposed to be, i just saw a brief pic of it on IG earlier... it doesnt look particularly impressive... i mean... its a neutral palette, that nearly every brand makes... :HK:
Hold your tongue! Mally is always first! If Mally didn't have a nude/naked/neutral palette already, it was only because she was busy making it the best that was ever made with state of the art silicones and pigments and cat turds! Now that Mally has one all others will cease to exist!

pixxxie

Post by pixxxie »

Is there another Mally kit coming out soon? I wonder what revolutionary product will be in it this time? :roll:[/quote]

its just a naked palette rip off... with some kind of cream? thing on the side... idk what iits supposed to be, i just saw a brief pic of it on IG earlier... it doesnt look particularly impressive... i mean... its a neutral palette, that nearly every brand makes... :HK:[/quote]

Hold your tongue! Mally is always first! If Mally didn't have a nude/naked/neutral palette already, it was only because she was busy making it the best that was ever made with state of the art silicones and pigments and cat turds! Now that Mally has one all others will cease to exist![/quote]

hhahahhahahhahaaa :rofl: im sure emily will be the only person to say it knocked her socks off... but yes how dare i doubt the quality of the new mally ever lasting cat shit palette?!!

Abra27
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Abra27 »

Emily is ALWAYS the only one who raves about Mally. I've never heard anyone even talk about the brand except occasionally stuff like 'Hot damn, that's expensive', which is hardly a glowing review.

Now the Beauty Broadcast minions will talk about needing the new Naked rip-off that Emily shills, despite having both of the UD ones, the Too Faced ones and the Nude 'Tude from TheBalm. Because if Emily buys (hoards) it, they'll need it too :roll: :roll:

BisforBitch
Learner
Learner

Post by BisforBitch »

Anyone know how old she is? She looks 40 to me

Bluffology
Informer
Informer

Post by Bluffology »

BisforBitch wrote:Anyone know how old she is? She looks 40 to me
On her site it says she's 28. My only issue with her is that she looks old, when she has the ability to look young! Those mauve lipsticks are adding years to her face. I was shocked when I found out she wasn't even 30 yet.

diance
Learner
Learner

Post by diance »

I actually live in the area where she is a news broadcaster and I think that is one of the things that ages her. She wears SO MUCH when she is on the news but it looks way more subtle on the actual television screen.

I used to be a huge fan of hers but she just grates my nerves. Her videos are way too long and she just never shuts up!

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

I never ever wear false lashes so I don't know how they should look when applied correctly. Is it normal for everyone to see that you have two layers of lashes when you look down? I thought they were supposed to blend together?

She did her stupid thing again where she used a reddish color to "blend out" her other shadows. I wish she would stop it. It's not a good look and it doesn't allow for a "seamless transition". Knowing you to blend your shadow properly solves that, in addition to using a skin tone color. And no Emily, reddish shimmery cinnamon is a not a skin tone color! :grrrr:

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

She's back to using CG Sierra Sands, which is extremely similar to Golden Pink, as a contour.

JoanieC

Post by JoanieC »

Ladies- sigh- Emily appears to be falling victim, to something we see quite commonly in the entertainment biz-

When you wear glued-on false eyelashes, SO OFTEN, and then pull them off at the end of the day, you pull off some of your own natural eyelashes with them. Over time, what you have left, are little, sparse, stunted eyelashes, that are nowhere near as long as they ought to be- :jd:

Emily has never had voluminous eyelashes that I have seen. But more recently, she seems to have those little, stumpy eyelashes. Her solution? Glue on some more falsies! It's going to do nothing to help the state of her lashes, and you will indeed, get that peculiar effect, of seeing "2 layers" of lashes- the little stumpies, and the long fakies-

She REALLY needs to give her lashes a break from the glue- time for some Latisse, Darling! :shock:

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

Oh Emily...
I like her as a person but she is not a beauty guru, not even close. She doesn't even know what works properly for herself. I was also shocked that she wasn't even thirty. My guess was 33-35. She does really need to tone it down with the mauve lipstick. And all her eyeshadow looks are the same, just with different colors. Not that there's anything wrong with that generally, but to make your channel around beauty & not even change the looks your doing up a bit is just stupid.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

Jenmarie wrote:She's back to using CG Sierra Sands, which is extremely similar to Golden Pink, as a contour.

Oh christ. Of course she is.

It's literally scary to me that someone who is so awful at makeup is pretending to be knowledgeable about the subject. People are actually going out and caking their faces with all the terrible products she recommends and they actually leave the house! That is SO terrifying.

Sassycat
Talker
Talker

Post by Sassycat »

The fake eyelash thing bothers me to no end. I have yet to see a video of her wearing falsies that you couldn't see her natural lashes when she looks down or turns to the side. How does she not notice this?! Another thing that grates on my nerves is how she uses the word 'shade.' The other day I was watching an older video (can't remember which one) and she picked up a palette and said something like, "A palette filled with wonderful shades." I am wanting to comment on her videos to tell her that most of the time she uses the word wrong but some of her followers will tear you a new one for saying anything that isn't kissing her butt.

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

I just can't with her q-tip to touch up concealer trick ANYMORE. I'M OVER IT. She mentions it every. friggin. time. You did not invent the wheel here Emily!

lumos-godstiel
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lumos-godstiel »

What irritates me is how she'll say that shimmery products give you a nice "glow." Can't she use other adjectives to describe the effect those products give? Hell, half the time she uses that word to refer to the Milani blushes, which I've heard leave more of a glittery disco ball on your cheeks than anything else.

I also find it maddening how when talking about projects, she'll usually mention the pros and cons, except for when talking about Mally. You'd think they were the best things on the planet with how highly she talks of Mally's products. Has anyone here actually tried anything by the brand? I'm curious if they're really as great as Emily makes them out to be.

I agree with a lot of the posters here (and on the old forum, I lurked there a lot!) that the way she does her makeup ages her. While I understand that she has to look put together for work and that TV requires a lot of makeup, it seems like she puts on the tons of makeup just because she wants to. She looks absolutely stunning and around 5-10 years younger whenever she does a tutorial that doesn't require a ton of products. I watched one of her flawless skin routine videos and counted the products she used, and just on her face alone, she used 9 different makeup products: Primer, foundation, concealer, powder to set the concealer, face powder, bronzer, blush, highlight, another face powder. I can't imagine all that product looking nice. Does her skin not feel like it's suffocating?

Yeah...This post turned out to be a bit of a rant. Sorry about that! :halo:

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

I dislike that she tries to sound smart but a lot of times, she just sounds repetitive. It's ALWAYS the same words, the same descriptions, the same complaints, the same rants... half of her videos, I feel like I'm just getting regurgitated information. How many smokey eyes do we need to see before we master them? How many times do we need to hear about how, "Soft, almost buttery and SUPER pigmented" Wet N Wild eyeshadows are? I guess I'm just getting bored.

Return to “Emilynoel83”