Emilynoel83missingteethPart8

TrangPak
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Emilynoel83missingteethPart8

Post by TrangPak » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:04 am

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Emily or her videos as much if she didnt have that holier than thou attitude. She acts like her videos are gospel for the makeup community......umm no. And I dislike how she titles her videos....she thinks shes being clever or witty. "Haul I needed was deodorant!"....not cute. She is just painful to watch with her shitty elf and five below makeup. Emily, either get with the times or leave youtube.

evilseahorse
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by evilseahorse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:28 pm

If "What Not to Wear" was still on television, I would love to see Emily on it. Her fashion, hair, and makeup are so outdated. I think this girl can afford clothing that doesn't come from Wal Mart or Ross.

Emily, has become quite dull and boring ever since she left her job as a news anchor and became a mother. I'm finding myself not watching her videos. Ive been hoping that she wound find her spark again. I'm pretty close to unsubscribing. I've already unsubscribed from her vlog channel.

tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by tar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Last weeks shadow series was awful. The products used were bad. That Elf quad for $1.00 was awful. Emily had to really work to get the shadow to show up. If you need to get ready for work you don't have time for working that hard for an eyeshadow look. With a decent eyeshadow it is much faster to achieve. Not everything has to be high end but not everything needs to be drugstore or dollar store either. Emily could do a mixture of both high end and drugstore looks and she could make many more people happy.

Avalicious
Talker
Talker

Post by Avalicious » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:41 pm

The Mary Kay reference was spot on. I feel like she has good ideas but fails at executing them. For the easy eye week, that could have been one video using a good quality quad and showing 1, 2, 3, and 4 shadow looks with it, not in her typical paint by numbers fashion. Instead it was like she rummaged through the clearance makeup bin at Big Lots.

autotroph
Learner
Learner

Post by autotroph » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:21 pm

If Emily was a new youtube channel, and was just starting out with the so-called "material" she's been showcasing for the past few months, she'd be lucky to have an audience of a few hundred subscribers, tops. And that's a fact.

Her audience consists entirely of loyal, clueless viewers that started watching her years ago who haven't noticed or cared that her content has SUCKED since Belle showed up. Some may have realized it, but haven't unsubscribed yet. YET . . .

TrangPak
Informer
Informer

Post by TrangPak » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:27 pm

I think Emily must be fuming that Tati took all of her subscribers, lol.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:13 pm

evilseahorse wrote:If "What Not to Wear" was still on television, I would love to see Emily on it. Her fashion, hair, and makeup are so outdated. I think this girl can afford clothing that doesn't come from Wal Mart or Ross.

Emily, has become quite dull and boring ever since she left her job as a news anchor and became a mother. I'm finding myself not watching her videos. Ive been hoping that she wound find her spark again. I'm pretty close to unsubscribing. I've already unsubscribed from her vlog channel.
Agreed, but even then if you have access to Target, TJ Maxx or Ross you can still find awesome stuff if you know how to put an outfit together. She could dress to look so much younger and sleeker if she would just stop with the Steinmart old lady type things she likes to wear. That and wipe off at least 5 lbs of makeup and actually so something with her hair other than a topknot or just flat and limp down.

TrangPak
Informer
Informer

Post by TrangPak » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:20 am

I hate that topknot she does....it is not flattering on her in the slightest. Im also sick of those tees that she wears.....it looks weird wearing a walmart tshirt with 10 pounds of makeup.

piggytoes123
Learner
Learner

Post by piggytoes123 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:25 am

Didn't she say that her mom cuts her hair? She needs to go to a real salon and see someone who knows about hairstyles. She is just such a recluse, it's easy to see how someone can end up like Emily if you never leave the house and your only contact with the outside world is through YouTube and Instagram comments. She's younger than me but she is such an old lady.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

evilseahorse
Talker
Talker

Post by evilseahorse » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:33 am

autotroph wrote:If Emily was a new youtube channel, and was just starting out with the so-called "material" she's been showcasing for the past few months, she'd be lucky to have an audience of a few hundred subscribers, tops. And that's a fact.

Her audience consists entirely of loyal, clueless viewers that started watching her years ago who haven't noticed or cared that her content has SUCKED since Belle showed up. Some may have realized it, but haven't unsubscribed yet. YET . . .
Yep. When Emily started YT, makeup videos were a novelty, and not much competition. Also, her being a news anchor, set her apart from other content makers.

Now she is dull and dry.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:30 am

^ Very dull & dry! :roll:

She reviews old makeup or crappy stuff like Bare Minerals... again.. eye roll! :? :roll:

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:56 pm

According to statsheep, Emily is making huge money with all her channels combined. But for the number of subscribers she has, her views are still shockingly low. I don't get it. But they fact that she is still doing well income-wise somehow justifies what she is doing in her mind. Emily doesn't actually look old, she has no wrinkles to speak of. Her problem is her dated makeup. She has not updated her techniques since she was filming in her apartment. I've been watching her off and on for years and her makeup looks have never changed. She appears to ignore all trends. It makes me wonder if she watches other YT'ers at all. If she doesn't, she really needs to. And no, not people like that cow Kristin Gehm. She needs to watch girls like thatgirlshaexo, who know what the hell they are doing when it comes to applying makeup.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

nykonikkinikita
Learner
Learner

Post by nykonikkinikita » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:39 pm

She mentioned Alexandria Garza doing a PBJ look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vera_bepa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by vera_bepa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:54 am

I miss her old channel. Her reviews were much better that the eye makeup looks. I actually own those 1$ quads from E.L.F. It's not that bad, considereing the price, but you can't simply apply thtem with a brush otherwise you will have a crazy amount of fall-outs.

tryburch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tryburch » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:05 am

The only trend she seems to have picked up from YouTube is baking otherwise she does the same darn thing. one of the latest video she did a very close up and I was watching it on my TV and really saw in HD her skin looked incredibly cakey and color was off. try doing that you'll see what I mean it's completely different versus watching it on the phone or iPad

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:26 am

lol I'm one of the more lenient GGers on Emily, but do people really think she wasn't boring before? The two biggest complaints were how boring she was and her pageant queen makeup from the very beginning. Her tutorials have *never* been great. Anyone remember the time she did a back to school tutorial with BROWN lipstick? (this was pre-HD in the magenta dungeon) Or her original cat-eye tutorial?
Her reviews really were the saving grace of her channel because they were thorough and trustworthy (though you can't eliminate bias completely). Personally, I don't mind the types of products she's currently reviewing BUT I do have a problem with everything else in the reviews. So much talking for so little information. I almost wish she'd just do haul&review to keep things on point rather than the torture that is individual videos. She also used to do swatches in sunlight in her apartment (yes, waaaaay back), and now she doesn't even try. Like wth, just because swatching during the day in shadow in a dim room is technically natural lighting doesn't mean it's helpful.

tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by tar » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:48 am

Yes her pagent queen makeup was and is a problem. I remember her from the apt too. I have never liked her tutorials. I have said before I liked her reviews. I really just wish she would do a mixture of products. It seems to me that she has been focused on 5 Below and very cheap products. She has High End products but doesn't use them on her channel at all. I have said this too much and I am sure people are tired of hearing it. By HE I mean even better DS brands would make want to watch again.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:10 am

mshighfemme- I have a smart TV and a laptop and I've watched her in HD on both. Yes, on a bigger screen with better clarity, you can see how bad her foundation looks. It's never the right shade and it looks very cakey. Like lots of other YT'ers, she piles on way too much product. She doesn't have acne scarring or breakouts. She simply doesn't need that much coverage. With it being the wrong shade and so heavily applied, it looks very bad. She needs to go to Sephora, Ulta, or even the MAC counter and get properly color matched. We've all been saying that for years but it's still true.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

TrangPak
Informer
Informer

Post by TrangPak » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:24 am

And even worse....she doesnt take it off properly at the end of the end of the day. She needs clinique ttdo off cleansing balm. She is so clueless about skincare.

Beautybasher
Informer
Informer

Post by Beautybasher » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Now its a ELF Hits and misses video! I am glad she does videos for those that don't go for high end makeup,but jeez Emilymonkeyseemonkeydo how many ELF products can reviewed and re-reviewed over and over.
You "bake" a cake...not your face.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:13 pm

My first reaction seeing ELF in the title of her video was, there's no way she loves ELF this much. So then what is convincing her to go non stop with ELF? It wasn't like this before even when she had ELF in her daily routine (HD powder, eyelash curler). I bet there are many other drugstore brands that she likes more... :dunno:

Beautybasher
Informer
Informer

Post by Beautybasher » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:17 pm

anat4ever wrote:My first reaction seeing ELF in the title of her video was, there's no way she loves ELF this much. So then what is convincing her to go non stop with ELF? It wasn't like this before even when she had ELF in her daily routine (HD powder, eyelash curler). I bet there are many other drugstore brands that she likes more... :dunno:
If I had the amount of decent makeup she owns,I sure as hell would not be buying/testing/reviewing ELF products.

I think one thing that annoys me is she never mixes up her makeup looks.Its always the same drab and boring shades and with her colouring she can add so much more color and STAY AWAY FROM PINK BLUSH Emily...!!
Last edited by Beautybasher on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:18 pm

^^^ Agree completely!! She has done Elf to death. If she wants to talk about cheap products, there are other lines to choose from. This has probably been mentioned here before, but Emily is around the same age as Tati and has vaguely similar looks. But Tati's videos have so much more variety. Yes, she talks about low end (Elf, WnW), but she also talks about high-end and luxury. I really like the fact that Em talks about cheap products as many people including myself can't afford Sephora all the time. But I feel like she's too old to talk about drugstore almost exclusively. The woman is making around a half million dollars a year. Her husband is an ambulance chasing attorney. I can't wrap my head around why she won't ever spring for some luxury makeup. It seems the only time she has ever had any is when she has been gifted it by Kristin Gehm or some other YT'er she is friends with. It makes no sense. Would someone please explain it?

Beautybasher
Informer
Informer

Post by Beautybasher » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:29 pm

mustardmoon1 wrote:^^^ Agree completely!! She has done Elf to death. If she wants to talk about cheap products, there are other lines to choose from. This has probably been mentioned here before, but Emily is around the same age as Tati and has vaguely similar looks. But Tati's videos have so much more variety. Yes, she talks about low end (Elf, WnW), but she also talks about high-end and luxury. I really like the fact that Em talks about cheap products as many people including myself can't afford Sephora all the time. But I feel like she's too old to talk about drugstore almost exclusively. The woman is making around a half million dollars a year. Her husband is an ambulance chasing attorney. I can't wrap my head around why she won't ever spring for some luxury makeup. It seems the only time she has ever had any is when she has been gifted it by Kristin Gehm or some other YT'er she is friends with. It makes no sense. Would someone please explain it?
I wonder how a collab between Tati and Emily would turn out?

nykonikkinikita
Learner
Learner

Post by nykonikkinikita » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:32 pm

It would be a WTF between Tom Ford and ELF

Return to “Emilynoel83”