Avalicious
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

emilynoel83 part 5

Post by Avalicious »

fleurkitten wrote:
Avalicious wrote:I for one would rather see yellow teeth than another guru shilling Whitening Lightning. I am so thankful that Emily refuses to do sponsorships. You can pick apart everything else, but you have to admit that is admirable and extremely rare to see on YouTube anymore. End rant about sponsorships.

What about the Sigma brush cleaning glove?
I know there was a huge uproar over that. I received a little sample glove with an order, and honestly I really like it and use it every time I clean my brushes. Would I spend $40 on it? Probably not. They sent it to her, she gave her opinion. I don't think she deserved as much hate as she received after that video, but I guess it made her even more hesitant to accept products, which is a good thing.

Avalicious
Talker
Talker

Re: emilynoel83 part 4

Post by Avalicious »

Also, Fleurkitten, your avatar makes me nauseous and I may have nightmares. Thanks a lot. :shock:

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: emilynoel83 part 5

Post by Pyramid11 »

Avalicious wrote:
fleurkitten wrote:
Avalicious wrote:I for one would rather see yellow teeth than another guru shilling Whitening Lightning. I am so thankful that Emily refuses to do sponsorships. You can pick apart everything else, but you have to admit that is admirable and extremely rare to see on YouTube anymore. End rant about sponsorships.

What about the Sigma brush cleaning glove?
I know there was a huge uproar over that. I received a little sample glove with an order, and honestly I really like it and use it every time I clean my brushes. Would I spend $40 on it? Probably not. They sent it to her, she gave her opinion. I don't think she deserved as much hate as she received after that video, but I guess it made her even more hesitant to accept products, which is a good thing.

Unless she's really good at hiding it. You know the gurus don't disclose everything they get - even though they should.

The way around it is the companies give gift cards for them to purchase. That way they can say they did buy it.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

She had a long spiel about sponsorships and getting free products on BBlive. The main reason she doesn't want to be sponsored is because they come with strings attached. I don't think she's a good enough actress to lie about that, especially when her crazy minions would probably think she deserves sponsorships. However, one thing she left out is her use of affiliate links. I don't see how gift cards are sponsorships, (assuming they can only be used on that brands products) because it's the same thing as getting a product for free. VS getting money to be spent on non-makeup.

If she's gonna use photoshop, couldn't she make it less obvious. what's she trying to hide that we haven't already seen?

derseprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by derseprincess »

I'm feeling a little skeptical that Emily bought that Too Faced A la Mode palette because of the Brow Envy that just showed up on Emily's blog! but I don't have any hard evidence, but I DO know that Weylie posted on instagram a package from too faced and it contained the a la mode palette, brow envy, natural eye palette and another thing.

I don't care if they were sent to her- I just want her to be honest about it. S: What do ya'll think?

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

derseprincess wrote:I'm feeling a little skeptical that Emily bought that Too Faced A la Mode palette because of the Brow Envy that just showed up on Emily's blog! but I don't have any hard evidence, but I DO know that Weylie posted on instagram a package from too faced and it contained the a la mode palette, brow envy, natural eye palette and another thing.

I don't care if they were sent to her- I just want her to be honest about it. S: What do ya'll think?
Oh shes definitely getting things sent to her. But its not "sponsored" because they aren't paying her money to review it. It's at her discretion whether or not to feature it on her channel.

Marina
Learner
Learner

Post by Marina »

I do think Emily is sent plenty of products, but I LOVE that she isn't a walking sponsorship like pretty much every other guru with as much subbies as her. I also think she's pretty honest about liking or disliking a product, even if it's sent to her. I was kind of shocked by how much hate she got for the Sigma glove. Would I spend that much money on it? No, but if a drugstore dupe came out I'd probably buy it because I feel like my hands don't work well and they get pruney in the process. Haha.

She mentioned in one BB Live about receiving hair extensions and hair tools before (but she preferred her ones from Walmart), I will assume those are BellaMi. She also admitted Whitening Lightening sent her things but she refused to be sponsored. She's probably the ONE guru who has received things from these companies and not become a walking billboard for them, and for that I am grateful. I have literally unsubscribed from some people because they just become nothing but sponsorships.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

I think Emily is one of the very few gurus who is very clear about her disclaimers. She should have addressed the $40 in the sigma glove video. The fact that she did not even mention it worked against her. I guess sigma told her not to bring it up in the video?

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and say the novelty of the glove (she is a small town girl) made the price slip her mind. The sudden attack in her comments made her freak out and react immaturely, but I don't think she was hiding it specifically. It'd be strange for her not to accept sponsors controlling her reviews, but she'll let them control it for affiliate links and free stuff? She hasn't loved all her sigma stuff, she hated their fake clarisonic enough to put it in the 2012 Fails of the year.

SirMuffy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SirMuffy »

I think i missed the whole glove situation only know about it from reading here what exactly happened?

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

anat4ever wrote:I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and say the novelty of the glove (she is a small town girl) made the price slip her mind. The sudden attack in her comments made her freak out and react immaturely, but I don't think she was hiding it specifically. It'd be strange for her not to accept sponsors controlling her reviews, but she'll let them control it for affiliate links and free stuff? She hasn't loved all her sigma stuff, she hated their fake clarisonic enough to put it in the 2012 Fails of the year.
I'll give her this: Lisa Eldridge uses the glove, because of the sheer number of brushes she goes through it's actually a great investment for her. Now, is it worth $40 for the average makeup user? No way. Is it with it for makeup artists and hoarders? For sure. I think she was genuinely pleased with this tool since she probably goes through a bunch of brushes a week.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

SirMuffy wrote:I think i missed the whole glove situation only know about it from reading here what exactly happened?
Emily was one of the first few to review the sigma glove and possibly the only one who praised it. She was criticized heavily was peddling a $40 oven mitt. That video received a lot of negative comments, many people called her a sell out. Emily reacted poorly. She changed the video description several times. One of her comebacks was something like - Thanks everyone who disliked the video but chose not to comment. It shows integrity or class or something of that sort.

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

MantisShrimp wrote:
anat4ever wrote:I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and say the novelty of the glove (she is a small town girl) made the price slip her mind. The sudden attack in her comments made her freak out and react immaturely, but I don't think she was hiding it specifically. It'd be strange for her not to accept sponsors controlling her reviews, but she'll let them control it for affiliate links and free stuff? She hasn't loved all her sigma stuff, she hated their fake clarisonic enough to put it in the 2012 Fails of the year.
I'll give her this: Lisa Eldridge uses the glove, because of the sheer number of brushes she goes through it's actually a great investment for her. Now, is it worth $40 for the average makeup user? No way. Is it with it for makeup artists and hoarders? For sure. I think she was genuinely pleased with this tool since she probably goes through a bunch of brushes a week.
But - there's a but - a silicon oven glove could have been mentioned as an alternative. She is the queen of drugstore in a way. The fact that she did not mention a less expensive item that could produce the same results - really upset some viewers. I have a textured oven glove that I use. Under $5 at WalMart.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

^I don't get why people keep using that argument because Emily has never been a DIY (idk what to call it) person. The closest she's gotten is using a kitchen utensil holder for her brushes... and that was left by the house's previous owner in what became the makeup room. Not to mention she doesn't really know how to cook so I doubt she'd ever be in the same aisle as textured oven gloves on her shopping trips. There is no way she could've come up with an alternative on her own. and pride is keeping her from researching alternatives after the fact.
Is she really that well-versed in drugstore makeup to be called the queen of drugstore? There are other gurus with just as much drugstore (mixed with luxury)in their collections. I'm surprised she doesn't try to coupon.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

^ I totally disagree! A quick google search before posting that review would have surely garnered some over glove results! She's either too lazy to do her job or she just couldn't bring herself to lose possible sigma pennies.

I just don't see how she can have unbiased sigma reviews when she has that affiliate link in her description box. It's like: But sigma products using the link below just not this glove! She obviously can't do that without looking strange.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

I'm not saying she shouldn't search for alternatives, but how do you know she chose not to? Considering she always thinks she knows best, it probably didn't even occur to her that there would be dupes until people mentioned them in the comments. Like how is it intuitive to google oven gloves when the sigma glove is rubber and obviously there are no rubber oven gloves. Sigma glove dupes may be more intuitive, but (now that I think of it) she never seems to research anything... So I guess she's lazy in that aspect for all brands and not just sigma.

blondascanbe
Talker
Talker

Post by blondascanbe »

A rubber glove can't be used for baking. Goss video could have been sponsored too, and he chose to possibly not use his affiliate Link so he can trash. Rubber is toxic. It would sizzle. Goss minions gave Emily hate bc of that, and no one else posted their reviews after the fact, except maybe from head to toe. Leesha backed out of reviewing bc she didn't want heat.

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

anat4ever wrote:I'm not saying she shouldn't search for alternatives, but how do you know she chose not to? Considering she always thinks she knows best, it probably didn't even occur to her that there would be dupes until people mentioned them in the comments. Like how is it intuitive to google oven gloves when the sigma glove is rubber and obviously there are no rubber oven gloves. Sigma glove dupes may be more intuitive, but (now that I think of it) she never seems to research anything... So I guess she's lazy in that aspect for all brands and not just sigma.
She didn't have to research oven gloves, but she could've google brush cleaning methods, brush cleaning tools, makeup brush cleaning glove...to see if there's anything out there on the market and from there gone I to searches for ridged rubber gloves, etc. she went to college I'm sure she knows how to do research.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

But the thing is she never researches anything. That's definitely something she should get criticized for, but the craziness from the sigma glove was blown out of proportion. Considering she never does research or DIY alternatives, why was she expected to do research this one time? As a guru, shouldn;t she be held accountable for doing research on most of her makeup? Two examples that come to mind where she should be researching are her luxury haul and limited edition hauls (that clear revlon lip butter looked like a regular clear lip balm, how did she expect it to be blue/purple??). She doesn;t always buy things right when they come out so there's plenty of time to find reviews. I guess I'm just tired of hearing of the sigma glove cuz it's just a small part of a bigger picture (and the reasoning doesn't quite fit).

esslyt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by esslyt »

Her new fails video - nothing new.

English is my second language, sorry for any misunderstandings.

Return to “Emilynoel83”