Continue here :)

mariella
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meghanrosette General Thread - Part 8

Post by mariella »

I suppose since she is an only child her parents have time to babysit her. Also I know if I had just had surgery my parents would wanna baby me 24/7 too even if it was elective surgery.

Still I don't understand how she hyped it up so much because her subscribers don't have anything to do with it at all?

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

I don't think her parents are being "too much." Surgery is a big deal no matter what kind. And if that were my kid I'd want to stick around for a few days to make sure they were ok. Especially since her parents live up in northern california.

Do I think she's milking this for all it's worth? Absolutely. While there's no great time to get surgery I don't doubt she thought it'd be perfect to get it during vlogmas for the extra views. But isn't this what so many youtubers do anyways during any special type of life event?

TrollDoll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TrollDoll »

xyz wrote:^^ its going to get her extra views..if you've noticed all of her titles have been capitalized and "dramatic" with thumbnails of her nose basically. If she hadn't done this during vlogmas her vlogs would be no different than all the other ones out there bc she'd just be sitting around in her apartment bullshitting!
i agree. all her vlogmas seems attention seeking since the nose job.. the thumnails are gross so i stopped watching after the "MEGHAN RIENKS GOT A NOSE JOB!!!!!" Video

sadielicious13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sadielicious13 »

I thought it was totally planned to have her mom say that her nose was "worse than they thought." It's so obvious she is trying to get people's attention off the fact that she initially did it for aesthetic reasons and then happened to find out, she had a deviated septum, which btw, is VERY common in many people. Also plastic surgeons say that so the person can have their insurance pay for the bulk of it. You have to pay for the aesthetic part, but the medical part is covered. Plastic surgeons therefore stand to make much more money out of it, so many of them say it's medical.
I think she totally asked her mom to say that to the viewers......

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

xyz wrote:^^ its going to get her extra views..if you've noticed all of her titles have been capitalized and "dramatic" with thumbnails of her nose basically. If she hadn't done this during vlogmas her vlogs would be no different than all the other ones out there bc she'd just be sitting around in her apartment bullshitting!

I agree and I understand that she does it for the views. However she made it sound like something was going to happen during vlogmas that was for her viewers and it was not.

Haha, I wonder if she had a talk with her manager wheter it "made sense financially" to get her nose done during vlogmas :D

mariella
Informer
Informer

Post by mariella »

xyz wrote:I agree that she is milking it but i think it's in the sense for views/money. (Which they all do THAT) But i don't think she is milking it in sense for sympathy/pity...she has been very upfront about it and admitted it doesn't hurt like it was hyped up to etc. (Sure, she'll get pity, her minions would pity her if she stubbed her toe) but i dont think she is TRYING to get it.
Agreed! I guess I can't really blame her either for wanting to earn money. It's a little shady but we all watch it :D
xyz wrote:I dont remember her saying that something for vlogmas was going to be for the viewers but if she did than thats clearly a lie. But since it's meghan, she could have been alluding it's for the haters who kept telling her about her "ugly nose".
I thought she did, but I might be wrong.

mollybaby
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mollybaby »

Did anyone else see that Gigi Hadid tweeted Meghan? For some reason I can't see the tweets on either of their timelines anymore.. She said "HAHAHAHAA you're actually so hilarious i'm dying. So good" Uhhh, I can just imagine Meghan milking this for a while. She had responded to the tweet trying to be witty/funny again and then also tweeted Aly Raisman right after Gigi did. Pretty soon she's gonna be like "Omgz everyone sew hilarious how you all think I look like gigi's twin!!!"

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

I truly don't understand people saying she doesn't need her parents there...she's been going to appointments every day and she can't drive in that condition...that's reason enough. If they can be there, they should be. I would be shocked if they hadn't stayed. I just can't wrap my head around a parent leaving their child after surgery, even if it is a nose job.

Winter song
Informer
Informer

Post by Winter song »

I understand her logic wanting to document this during Vlogmas but it's so pointless to film sleep, doctor appt, sleep, repeat every day

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

(never said her parents were going overboard, just said Marissa did with the get well soon gift)

But yeah, she's milking this for all it's worth. She's over the top in her main channel videos anyway with the incessant mannerisms and ~~weird~~ behavior, though. I'm still happy for her that she had the nose job because she was clearly insecure about it, but like others have said, she could've planned Vlogmas better so that we wouldn't have to see her in bed (or the couch whatevs) during the entire vlog. She can hardly talk, eat, sleep comfortably etc.

yes this is the TRASH a guru section but lawd we're all allowed to have positive opinions in here from time to time
:toss:

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

I don't know, maybe it's because I'm an only child, but I just don't see the purpose of her cooking for herself and stuff when her parents are there to take care of her.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

I don't think it's absolutely necessary, obviously, but it is very, very nice of them and if they are able and willing, why not? They love their daughter and want to help her out. In a way, it must be nice for them, too, like a little flashback to when she was little.

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

Meghan, go take a shower. Your doctor told you how to do it.

[tweet][/tweet]

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

Olay wrote:Meghan, go take a shower. Your doctor told you how to do it.

[tweet][/tweet]
Okay, that is overboard. God, all I would want is a proper shower.

hmbxo13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hmbxo13 »

The sponge bath is too much.

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

god i know that my parents would never help me like that! nor would i really want them to though. she's very fortunate to have people around her who are willing to coddle her so much.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

Erm, couldn't she just shower with the shower head angled down so her face doesn't get wet?
RETIRED MODERATOR

xoxo_nicole
Informer
Informer

Post by xoxo_nicole »

A sponge bath? Really? You've got to be kidding me. People with broken limbs still manage to bathe themselves yet she needs a sponge bath because she got a nose job? Meghan please.

gracenina
Learner
Learner

Post by gracenina »

"I keep doing this thing where I take accidental 4 hour naps" :roll: :roll: :roll: will she ever drop the "awkward and relatable" act? Like news flash that's usually what happens when you're on medication, Meghan

Return to “Meghan Rienks”