Angelica "Who asked for her?" Nyqvist - The Hobbiest YouTuber (Part 2)

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Angelica

Post by WORDSALAD »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:27 pm
Dead morose wrote:
Rabidosky69 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:39 pm
doesn't angelica work a 9-5 job?
she doesn't. She works 7-4 (why do I even rememeber this?)
Rabidosky69 wrote:
I much prefer to embrace my paleness
She is not pale! She has light to medium complection! How many times she has to repeat this so everyone remembers?

On the topic of your post: totally agree.
So she just posted a video saying she quit her job... Soooo I guess she doesn't have to worry about making time to film or her gross self tanning hands at work! I at least respected that she had a real job outside of youtube, it will be interesting to see how she changes if she does youtube full time

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
And another one bites the dust.

It was inevitable, but she lasted way longer than most of them.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

BlueIris
Informer
Informer

Post by BlueIris »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:03 am
Rabidosky69 wrote:
Dead morose wrote:
Rabidosky69 wrote:
Rabidosky69 wrote:
She is not pale! She has light to medium complection! How many times she has to repeat this so everyone remembers?

So she just posted a video saying she quit her job... Soooo I guess she doesn't have to worry about making time to film or her gross self tanning hands at work! I at least respected that she had a real job outside of youtube, it will be interesting to see how she changes if she does youtube full time

To be fair she didn't quit her job in order to do youtube full time like most youtubers who quit their jobs. She quit because they were going to move away and it got delayed by Covid.

I'm just curious why it took her so long to come out and say that she quit her job?

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by smartypants80 »

BlueIris wrote:
WORDSALAD wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:03 am
Rabidosky69 wrote:
Dead morose wrote:
Rabidosky69 wrote:
Rabidosky69 wrote:

To be fair she didn't quit her job in order to do youtube full time like most youtubers who quit their jobs. She quit because they were going to move away and it got delayed by Covid.

I'm just curious why it took her so long to come out and say that she quit her job?
I was thinking the same thing. Since September 1sr? I guess she still wanted everyone to keep thinking she was still working and cranking out all those videos.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

BlueIris wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:19 pm

I haven't watched the video yet, but I don't see her going back to having a non-YouTube job even if that's not why she quit. Eventually they all realize that they make enough money from this gig and the prospect of going back to a regular job just seems silly. Maybe she'll be different, but I doubt it.

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with pursuing YouTube full-time, but I have to admit that when it comes to these beauty channels, I'm partial to the ones who have separate careers and who really do this as a hobby or only as a side hustle. I watch them mainly for reviews, so for me it's a big factor when they start relying on this for all their income. No matter how much they claim nothing will change, their opinions can't be as honest, sponsorships become a necessity, and PR becomes their main way of getting makeup. All of these things have an impact on how much I trust their reviews.

I also never learned what exactly she did for her day job, but I know she mentioned that it was some kind of scientific job related to the environment. I don't know if it her employer carries out conservation projects or if they just study climate change or the environment in general and collect data, but either way, I really liked this about her. Especially because she seemed to be genuinely passionate about it. I know she mentioned more than once that she really liked what she did for a living.

BlueIris
Informer
Informer

Post by BlueIris »

facepainter wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:56 am
BlueIris wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:19 pm

I haven't watched the video yet, but I don't see her going back to having a non-YouTube job even if that's not why she quit. Eventually they all realize that they make enough money from this gig and the prospect of going back to a regular job just seems silly. Maybe she'll be different, but I doubt it.

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with pursuing YouTube full-time, but I have to admit that when it comes to these beauty channels, I'm partial to the ones who have separate careers and who really do this as a hobby or only as a side hustle. I watch them mainly for reviews, so for me it's a big factor when they start relying on this for all their income. No matter how much they claim nothing will change, their opinions can't be as honest, sponsorships become a necessity, and PR becomes their main way of getting makeup. All of these things have an impact on how much I trust their reviews.

I also never learned what exactly she did for her day job, but I know she mentioned that it was some kind of scientific job related to the environment. I don't know if it her employer carries out conservation projects or if they just study climate change or the environment in general and collect data, but either way, I really liked this about her. Especially because she seemed to be genuinely passionate about it. I know she mentioned more than once that she really liked what she did for a living.
She worked as an environmental inspector, in food safety, for a neighboring town. I.e. going to grocery stores, restaurants, work place and school cafiterias, etc., take samples of food and inspect cleanliness, etc. So I guess you would call it a health inspector (in the USA)?

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

BlueIris wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:55 am
She worked as an environmental inspector, in food safety, for a neighboring town. I.e. going to grocery stores, restaurants, work place and school cafiterias, etc., take samples of food and inspect cleanliness, etc. So I guess you would call it a health inspector (in the USA)?
Hmm, health inspector is definitely less exciting than what I had in mind. I watched the video she did on quitting, and she mentioned having studied environmental science and then said the company she worked for focuses on the environment and food safety. I thought she was battling climate change or something like that lmao.

Either way, she seemed to enjoy her job. I never understood why she worked herself so hard when she appeared to make a decent living and insisted YouTube was just a hobby. Why take a hobby so seriously that it affects your health? Then I remembered that she said she was a very lonely person and that her only source of companionship was her man for the longest time, so I guess it makes sense that she would throw herself so hard into a project.

Aelised
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Angelica "Who asked for her?" Nyqvist - The Hobbiest YouTuber (Part 2)

Post by Aelised »

Omg, the eyebrows in her latest video. Eddie Munster, who? I mean, I get the bushy eyebrow trend, but if your eyebrow hair is too long, maybe don't gel it straight up...and just leave it?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

facepainter wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:08 pm
BlueIris wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:55 am
Hmm, health inspector is definitely less exciting than what I had in mind. I watched the video she did on quitting, and she mentioned having studied environmental science and then said the company she worked for focuses on the environment and food safety. I thought she was battling climate change or something like that lmao.

Either way, she seemed to enjoy her job. I never understood why she worked herself so hard when she appeared to make a decent living and insisted YouTube was just a hobby. Why take a hobby so seriously that it affects your health? Then I remembered that she said she was a very lonely person and that her only source of companionship was her man for the longest time, so I guess it makes sense that she would throw herself so hard into a project.
Because a great job she enjoys isn't enough for this one.
She needs *attention*
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Meyaay
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Meyaay »

hahhahahahahhhahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahhhahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahhhahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahhhahahhahahhahahaha her brows... I HOPE she forgot to brush them down... But I don’t think that’s the case :rofl:

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

Aelised wrote:Omg, the eyebrows in her latest video. Eddie Munster, who? I mean, I get the bushy eyebrow trend, but if your eyebrow hair is too long, maybe don't gel it straight up...and just leave it?
They are tragic. Imagine going from cute natural brows to these!!!!!!!
ImageImage

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ oh my LORD wtf!!

I think she's beaten Hannah Teen Wolf Poston!!

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

WORDSALAD wrote:^^^ oh my LORD wtf!!

I think she's beaten Hannah Teen Wolf Poston!!
She and her husband must have recently gone blind for her to do her brows that big!!! Obviously she thinks they look great, but if I were her husband I'd have to gently tell her they look HORRIBLE! She probably wouldn't care and wear them anyway though.

Shoulda_Left_It
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by Shoulda_Left_It »

I was a bit shocked and impressed that she said she had a year and a half salary saved up before quitting her job. I am jealous. I have really got to get my unnecessary spending under control. Lol. It seems like every time I get into a decent saving rhythm- I have to spend $1000 on a vet bill. Lol. Dog mom life x 3.

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

Shoulda_Left_It wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:42 pm
I was a bit shocked and impressed that she said she had a year and a half salary saved up before quitting her job. I am jealous. I have really got to get my unnecessary spending under control. Lol. It seems like every time I get into a decent saving rhythm- I have to spend $1000 on a vet bill. Lol. Dog mom life x 3.
Only because she got a shit ton of things in PR. Otherwise I imagine she’d be in a year and a half’s worth of debt.

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

soul reaper wrote:
Shoulda_Left_It wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:42 pm
Only because she got a shit ton of things in PR. Otherwise I imagine she’d be in a year and a half’s worth of debt.
That and college is free in Sweden so she got a well paid job, no health care bills either. I know they pay higher taxes but at least you can plan ahead for that. The way she talks as well she doesn't live in a bigger city so her rent is probably lower than living in a bigger city.

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

Notice how she keeps saying how much she LOVES uploading videos everyday to YouTube. 2 years ago she was spilling the tea on why youtubers do vlogmas because adsense $$$ is so much better in December and they take January off because the adsense drops. Youtube is her full time job now, she won't admit the adsense increase as the reason for her 2 a day uploading.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

We need to watch that video that made her popular again- the one where she has the grey hair and is talking about things youtubers do that piss her off. Let's watch and see how many of those things she is now doing herself.

BlueIris
Informer
Informer

Post by BlueIris »

Angie, Angie, Angie... lying to your audience...

Why would she lie to her audience about her name?

She says her middle name is Anna. Wrong. Anna is her first name. Her name is Anna Birgitta Angelica. Yeah, she may go by her 3rd name, many people go by their middle names, but why the lie???

Stfu_u2
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stfu_u2 »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Wait Brit clarke isn't gay... Her husband's name is Shannon, that can be a guy's name too..
Yes! I don't follow bc and for some reason I swore I heard her refer to herself as gay. She was probably making a bad joke tbh. Add to that the name Shannon and I absolutely incorrectly assumed that was a woman. Whoops.

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Post by Embraced_34 »

I’ve never managed to watch a full video of hers. Just felt like mentally challenged obnoxious parrot was screeching at me. No thanks.

Return to “A-E”