Chase Amie - Part 2

Anne_X
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chase Amie - Part 2

Post by Anne_X »

Watched her latest home haul video. Another coffee table book, another blanket , there’s a cake stand though I’ve never heard her say she likes baking etc. Jesus, the repeat buys we’ve seen with her shoes and handbags will now play out in terms of home furnishings. She’ll buy any piece of crap to show off on IG or YT. Funny how she’s only just tweaked the sloping roof in master bedroom is a challenge, not very bright is she?? I’ve also just realised the master windows also don’t open - there’s no catch or handle anywhere. Go figure ....
Getting excited about the dressing room seems so childish when there’s the rest of the house to do up eg curtains/shutters; fitting doors to relevant bathrooms; setting up a proper study room given the tacky setup in the living room ....

just_S
Lurker
Lurker

Post by just_S »

the problem with Amie is that she is just about “image” and not substance. at first she appears to be an intelligent, self made successful young woman but then nothing she does backs that up. while it would be easy to praise her for making $$ off her youtube, her excessive and downright irresponsible spending seems to be driven more to enable her unhealthy shopping habits, rather than strategically thought after purchases or product placements for the purpose of honest review and recommendation for her viewers (though she would probably justify them all as a “requirement to create content”). she just comes off as frivolous, insecure and like she’s over compensating or trying to fill some emotional void/deficiency by constantly playing dress up - and she’s monetising it!

her house is a joke- it’s wonky, and the only think she seems excited about is filling it up with useless trinkets (hermes blanket, fake flowers...a bloody cake stand!) for the purpose of building a home instagram account

i personally hope that she starts to lose her followers with her tone deaf conspicuous spending and consumption during these uncertain times, because the “lifestyle image” she is selling (and i fear normalising) is NOT OK. i am a professional female with a similar age and income bracket as her (minus the social media income) and i can honestly say it is NOT normal or ok to buy piles of very similar clothing every month to play dress up like your favourite tv character especially when all you do is work from home. even if you can afford to, this level of consumption will only lead to requiring a wardrobe purge every year which is not sustainable practice. it is not ok to fill an entire bedroom with disposable clothing, shoes and over 40K worth of handbags when it is not actually within your financial means. it is not ok to impulse buy a house (one of the biggest investments in your life) just because at certain angles and under the right filter looks good on instagram and basically ignore every other practical/liveable aspect!

no one wants to Chase Amie. she is a joke

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

I absolutely agree that it’s NOT OK for her to continue shopping and showing off her hauls. People are losing loved ones to a pandemic, jobs are being lost, more families are turning to food banks, racism is still an issue and all this twit can do is shop and buy shit. That’s why her latest IG post - asking people to vote - really grates. I think it’s extremely patronising when she has said nothing about any of the issues that are currently ongoing. So to think she can shop like she’s got places to go to and then tell people to be responsible and vote is downright wrong. And who ARE the dummies who are following her and continuing to hang onto her words?? Says a lot about how shallow they are. She needs to shut up to be honest instead of talking out of her ass. She talks about empowerment but resorts to full blown make up and styled hair every time she does a video or takes an IG pic. There’s no embracing the comforts of being home and being free of make up and not caring what the world thinks of you so I don’t think she even understands what empowerment is!

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

How sad that her “favorite part of the house” is the random nook under the stairs. I mean...really, Amie??? Not the kitchen, living room, or places where people actually spend time, but the random space under the stairway? Ok...

Well, can’t say I’m surprised. Of course it’s the part that has zero personality, a million shades of beige, and a ton of designer labels shoved into one corner (Dior, Jo Malone, etc). I can just picture her standing in the hallway under the staircase staring at her perfectly placed pampas grass :roll: She has wayyyy too much time on her hands.
66AF6AC4-7C50-450E-B107-F6AE095776D5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

Post by ChasingUnicorns »

^She makes a big deal about how the vase wasn't exorbitant but felt substantial and looks expensive... I think she'd totally go for all cheap home decor if they happened to LOOK expensive. Your avatar perfectly sums it up, haha. So in her latest video, she's sitting in an empty room, but her priorities are collecting a tiny tray that says Bonjour, some fake apples, a vase with fake Pampas, a blanket, some lazy Susans, and a cake stand. She doesn't even have a proper dining set or a bed but is excited about her closet of course. I saw comments asking about her countertops, and of course you can tell she didn't do enough research on the home because she didn't know! You have to know these these as a home buyer in order to maintain it and prevent cracking. Geeze. (looks cheap though, not even marble or quartz) I totally agree with all of you that she just went cheap on the house just because it happened to look good on certain angles and to be able to say she got a house.

Also she's doing the BARE minimum when using her platform to sound informed. Posted the black square on IG and didn't say anything else on social media because she wasn't comfortable. But then again she isn't knowledgeable when it comes to important world topics. She happened to mention that "she just loves a good feminist book" (where are those books btw???Coffee table books don't count.) and is passionate about women's issues, but she wasn't into politics. How did she think women get affected by policies??? Gosh, I used to think she was all right because vlogging wasn't her main job, but she is indeed all style and no substance.

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

She’s definitely going for cheap decor, I haven’t seen anything that screams quality. And I don’t expect to either. Lydia Millen, while annoying, has at least some taste and ideas in how to do her house up though she’s flippant and unashamed of begging for freebies from home ware providers.
Dan is busy working on the flooring of the room which is to be the closet room. It’s not a big room to be honest - none of the rooms in the house are - so I think she’s going to go for the open closet concept which will, I think, look like she’s in a store as opposed to having an enviable walk in closet in a home. But let’s face it. Amie has no class nor taste, she thinks flaunting some labels will do the job but her insecurities are plain for all to see. It’s sad to see someone who has absolutely no self awareness continuing to self promote on YT, IG thinking they’re the bees’ knees but oh well, reality will hit home at some point. No gear, no idea. I point to people like her and advise my nieces to not turn into women like that ie just known for ‘some’ style but totally lacking in substance.

bowhaus
Learner
Learner

Post by bowhaus »

She is not planning to cover the bedroom window with curtains or shutters because she says they’re high up and far away enough that the neighbours wouldn’t be able to see anything. I wouldn’t be able to sleep or get changed with a huge exposed window like that. Seems like she’s just putting it off because it’s another cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

Well - she’ll feel it when the heat can’t leave the room fast enough in the winter and as for the summer, good luck trying to sleep when the sun rises at 4am. Yeah amie - you try convincing yourself that it’s ok. Tell us again in a year’s time how it’s going .....

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

^SMH. Priorities, man. Our house was a new build, and that was one of the first things we budgeted for. It’s blowing my mind how she seems to have done zero research on being a home owner.

Also forgot to mention, she bought things to cover vegetables to avoid single use plastic but will dispose of bags and bags of clothes and shoes that will most likely end up in a landfill. Great job on sustainability.

MissStephie
Learner
Learner

Post by MissStephie »

She's just on denial, she knows she needs those items but since she can't show them off she won't spend money on them. Curtains are an essential in any house,its weird to not have them in such private areas such as the bedroom ,her saying her neighbours are too far away to see anything is a way of avoiding saying she doesn't want to pay for custom curtains. Just because she can't see them doesn't mean they can't see her.
She's got her husband doing her dressing room floors and his mum making their headboard which is great because its free and leaves more money for YSL bags.
It's clear that Aimee isn't used to prioritising adult stuff, luckily she has Dan. It seems all she can do is buy lots of expensive trinket that are either expensive and look cheap or are cheap and rather unnecessary.

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

Well - she’s just a complete and utter cheap skate where house decor is concerned, I’d be embarrassed to show things off on IG if I were her.
I’d love it if someone flew a drone near her curtain-less windows and took a compromising shot of her!

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

So England is under lockdown 2.0 (lots of chocolate and love from the US). Is she just going to take posing pics of all the clothes and shoes she bought/will buy during Black Friday in her closet?

MissStephie
Learner
Learner

Post by MissStephie »

ChasingUnicorns wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:36 pm
So England is under lockdown 2.0 (lots of chocolate and love from the US). Is she just going to take posing pics of all the clothes and shoes she bought/will buy during Black Friday in her closet?
Of course she will, she'll be buying more stuff to fill her now smaller closet. She'll most likely do even more post if American companies are having sales. lm not sure what world she lives in but she needs to come back to this one.
After a few months she'll have a clear out and rebuy the same items she threw out.

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

Yup, she’ll continue to shop like there is no pandemic. Stupid looking poses in front of the mirror with the same looking outfits from a year ago and the year before that with no where to go. She’s not in a bustling town either so even less chances to dress up unless she’s one of those who rocks up to her local pub all dressed up with a Chanel bag and Louboutins while everyone else is in really casual wear. I remember a picture from last Christmas when she went to a rib shack in party wear ie nice top, full sequinned skirt, Chanel bag for all to see - when it’s just a TGIF type joint. I’d imagine she must have had a ‘Don’t go out much?’ look from other diners. Her sad little life is so plain for others to see. No friends, nowhere to go, no real or interesting hobbies to speak of, just a mundane life of shopping and showing off her hauls to make up for the massive void in her sad little life.

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

She’s posted a picture of her new dining table and chairs. They blend in with the floor, just like the table under the stairs so looks incredibly bland and boring. From her comments on IG, it looks like she’s just latched onto one particular store and decided to buy most of her furniture from them. She’s a one trick pony ie only knows one look which she’ll channel onto the rest of the house. Just like her outfits. Only knows one look. Yawn.

just_S
Lurker
Lurker

Post by just_S »

its a bit pathetic how she is clearly proud of that fur collared coat acquisition yet its so obvious the only places she has worn it is infront of her house and her “closet room” for instagram 🤭 what a sad loser!

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

So Amie’s just started showing off a full length mirror in her living room. WTF - who does this (lol)? Full length mirrors tend to belong either in the dressing area or toilets. Mirrors can go in the living room but not full length ones, stupid! As usual, she makes a brainless decision and looks like a right dick. Cheap trash for wardrobes though Dan is great for putting them up. No surprises there. She’s got no money, yet wants to portray a luxurious lifestyle and proves time and time again she’s an absolute deadwood that has no imagination and doesn’t even know the first thing about doing up a house. I know the house is shit but she could at least try ...

Birdgirl182
Learner
Learner

Post by Birdgirl182 »

Dan seems like he just puts up with her, he cares about her and loves her and maybe hopes this is just a phase? LOL. But yah, so far not impressed with the house or her decor choices at all

just_S
Lurker
Lurker

Post by just_S »

Dan puts up with her because she justifies her needs as contributing to her ability to generate youtube views/followers- we know they’ve had a lot of failed get rich quick ventures and her youtube is the only one that is probably making consistent $$$ ; I doubt he would tolerate her shopping habits and other frivolities if she weren’t justifying them as “business expenses”

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

Anne_X wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:42 am
So Amie’s just started showing off a full length mirror in her living room. WTF - who does this (lol)? Full length mirrors tend to belong either in the dressing area or toilets. Mirrors can go in the living room but not full length ones, stupid! As usual, she makes a brainless decision and looks like a right dick. Cheap trash for wardrobes though Dan is great for putting them up. No surprises there. She’s got no money, yet wants to portray a luxurious lifestyle and proves time and time again she’s an absolute deadwood that has no imagination and doesn’t even know the first thing about doing up a house. I know the house is shit but she could at least try ...
She has the same cheap looking gold shelves like LVLover, another nauseating luxury Youtuber. I'm surprised she doesn't go for modern, sleek decor rather than the "rustic farmhouse" look. (which I totally love)

Black Friday is next week. Everyone ready for Amie bingo?

Return to “A-E”