ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chase Amie - Part 2

Post by ChasingUnicorns »

koalah wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:12 am
Pink woc. That's practical isn't it? lol She'll flip it in a couple of weeks, make a video about how it wasn't a good fit then a few weeks later go buy something similar again.
Exactly. Before she's mentioned a WOC isn't practical for her lifestyle... so of course she buys 2.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

DUPE
Last edited by drogers4205 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Her latest video "NEW SEASON...." where she showcases her new hideous YSL bag feels very much like an ad for YSL.

Anne_X
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Anne_X »

ChasingUnicorns wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:05 am
Anne_X wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 am
drasticactions wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:06 pm
Her birthday haul is insane. I normally wouldn't watch a video with so many chanel bags in the thumbnail but I was super curious. and she got another pink woc. Wtf if you really like a style like woc at least get things in different colors,sheesh.
3 observations I noticed from her birthday haul video:
1) she references gifts from friends. She’s obviously been reading our posts on this page 😂. And this is second video where she has made references to a friend (first was in recent video re best bags under $250, she said she picked up a bag for a friend). Amie - we’re NOT stupid like YOU clearly are. Mentioning friends doesn’t mean you have friends. Photos showing yourself with friends is what would prove you have friends - simples. Until then I still don’t believe you have ANY friends.
2) She mentions a friend gifting her a subscription of the New Yorker. I don’t believe it. Her vocabulary is severely limited - just watch her food blog re Vegas and you’ll realise she only knows words such as ‘Yummy’ and ‘Delicious’, I’d be embarrassed to write any blogs if i were her. Content is hollow with no comments about why food at an establishment was a standout. Dont even try reading the New Yorker, Amie, it’s way too advanced for your ability.
3) She’s predictable as usual in terms of pink WOC purchase. Boring as f#%k and I struggle why people subscribe to her channel or follow her when she has nothing clever or stylish in terms of content. But obviously - the Chanel giveaways appeal so would love to know her true fan base if giveaways were not permitted.
She had only 2 gifts she received from friends? I couldn't help but laugh when she received books and a journal. You know she much prefers lux/designer gifts. And she couldn't even give a proper summary. "He knows I love a good feminist book" for We Should All Be Feminists when she probably has no idea how else to describe it. I agree her vocabulary is limited. She never mentioned about reading before, nor does she seem to have any books around her flat.
Agree that was such an awful description of the book - what is a “good feminist book”?! Is it inspiring, moving, shocking? I doubt she’ll be reading it.

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

drogers4205 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:07 pm
Her latest video "NEW SEASON...." where she showcases her new hideous YSL bag feels very much like an ad for YSL.
Yes, i also thought the bag was awful. What’s interesting is the fact that while the video was sponsored by My Theresa, she only had two handbags physically in her possession that she could pose with. The other bags were only shown as pictures. You don’t see this in other people’s videos ie Lydia Elise Millen etc where they get to try on EVERYTHING featured in the video. If I want to know more about a bag I could easily look at pictures and descriptions from a website and not have a dim witted blogger telling me about it. My Theresa - stop wasting your time on Amie. She has no ideas about style and you can’t trust what she says anyway. You’re better off sponsoring other bloggers.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Amie wants a pair of diamond studs but says that she is saving for it and does not wanna buy just yet so she get something cheap that does the job while waiting for the diamonds.
Amie gets another bag and a load of unnecessary crap which probably worth a lot more than the studs she wants... but still she does not buy the studs.

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:29 pm
Amie wants a pair of diamond studs but says that she is saving for it and does not wanna buy just yet so she get something cheap that does the job while waiting for the diamonds.
Amie gets another bag and a load of unnecessary crap which probably worth a lot more than the studs she wants... but still she does not buy the studs.
There’s no way she’s saving for a good pair of studs if she continues buying useless Chanel bags and card holders which all look no different to stuff she already has. It’s clear she has money problems (ie buying stuff more than she can afford) while wanting IG followers. Hence her having to sell stuff to fund new purchases which she then dislikes after a few weeks; she then sells her recent purchases to fund future new hauls. Her approach to purchasing is frivolous ie to buy lots of small-ish goods so she’ll have more unboxing videos to film and hence the potential to increase her followers. Buying a quality pair of studs means putting all her eggs in one basket and filming only one video. She’ll have to go without new hauls for awhile and she can’t afford that.

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

What I also find quite unusual is that in a much earlier video, she mentioned only having a £5 Harrods voucher to spend. For those of you who don’t know, Harrods is a luxury store in London (like the US Saks Fifth Avenue store) and every calendar year you get 1% money off for every £1 you spend (that’s the most basic tier). Given her purchasing power (just from no. Of unboxing videos) I would have thought she’d have more money back plus if she’s smart she’d do most of her shopping at Harrods as I’ve found that having a good relationship with a sales assistant there helps! So I do wonder if she’s kept everything that she says she bought. Thoughts?

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Anne_X wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 pm
What I also find quite unusual is that in a much earlier video, she mentioned only having a £5 Harrods voucher to spend. For those of you who don’t know, Harrods is a luxury store in London (like the US Saks Fifth Avenue store) and every calendar year you get 1% money off for every £1 you spend (that’s the most basic tier). Given her purchasing power (just from no. Of unboxing videos) I would have thought she’d have more money back plus if she’s smart she’d do most of her shopping at Harrods as I’ve found that having a good relationship with a sales assistant there helps! So I do wonder if she’s kept everything that she says she bought. Thoughts?
Sophie Shohet always talks about her Harrods card points and that she managed to get free stuff or partially with the money she got it from it.

I think she is just a hoarder and she needs professional help as she is addicted to shop.

baglover
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by baglover »

Anne_X wrote:
Thing is, she rarely seem to buy in Harrods. Whenever she buys Chanel, it always seems to be in a Chanel store, and she will go to Selfridges or shop online. I would buy from Harrods all the time (like Sophie Shohet does). It's just being savvy; why not get 1% back when you're going to buy the items anyway?!

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

baglover wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:31 am
Anne_X wrote:
Thing is, she rarely seem to buy in Harrods. Whenever she buys Chanel, it always seems to be in a Chanel store, and she will go to Selfridges or shop online. I would buy from Harrods all the time (like Sophie Shohet does). It's just being savvy; why not get 1% back when you're going to buy the items anyway?!
Two reasons I can think of, either
1) she’s so damn dumb to not work out that the more she buys (esp when Chanel isn’t cheap) the more money back she gets
Else
2) she’s pi#sed off the staff at Harrods Chanel for whatever the reason and isn’t welcome there anymore

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

Anne_X wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:56 pm
notsosilly10 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:29 pm
There’s no way she’s saving for a good pair of studs if she continues buying useless Chanel bags and card holders which all look no different to stuff she already has. It’s clear she has money problems (ie buying stuff more than she can afford) while wanting IG followers. Hence her having to sell stuff to fund new purchases which she then dislikes after a few weeks; she then sells her recent purchases to fund future new hauls. Her approach to purchasing is frivolous ie to buy lots of small-ish goods so she’ll have more unboxing videos to film and hence the potential to increase her followers. Buying a quality pair of studs means putting all her eggs in one basket and filming only one video. She’ll have to go without new hauls for awhile and she can’t afford that.

I added up how much Amie has spent JUST on WOC-style, pale pink bags in the past 3 months. Nearly $10k. This isn't including other bags, shoes, and clothes. You're right, if she just quit shopping hauls for a few months, she'd be able to get those studs.

supersleec
Lurker
Lurker

Post by supersleec »

Didn’t dan gift her the saint Laurent tote? She gave it away to a friend? I feel like that’s so rude and ungrateful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

Wow, she gave away the Saint Laurent tote? I know it was only a matter of time since she talked so poorly about it but still, how sad. Dan doesn’t even like those expensive things and for him to spend that much on a bag should mean something to her. She’s so trashy and she doesn’t even know it. :roll:

Anne_X
Learner
Learner

Post by Anne_X »

She’s an idiot. The poor guy would have shopped around to buy her something nice and she gets rid of it in no time. Not the first time she’s gotten rid of bags he’s gifted her ie the Tiffany blue Chanel WOC was a 2018 Christmas gift I think (he put money towards it as she put money towards his flat screen TV); she sold it 3 months later. She doesn’t deserve anything nice as gifts. Should only stick to ‘good feminist books’ - whatever that means ....

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

I know that I would feel hurt if I dropped thousands of dollars on a gift only for it to be sold later. What’s the next bag type she’s going to feature next, now that mini/crossbody/totes are completely exhausted?

*whispers I love feminist books lol

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

Anne_X wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:41 am
She’s an idiot. The poor guy would have shopped around to buy her something nice and she gets rid of it in no time. Not the first time she’s gotten rid of bags he’s gifted her ie the Tiffany blue Chanel WOC was a 2018 Christmas gift I think (he put money towards it as she put money towards his flat screen TV); she sold it 3 months later. She doesn’t deserve anything nice as gifts. Should only stick to ‘good feminist books’ - whatever that means ....
Good feminist books, just sounds like such a try-hard. I'd love for her to clarify some of the "feminist books" she has read. Bet she can't name a single one.
I also doubt she reads the New Yorker. I'm certain the only thing she "reads" is Vogue, and really she just buys it for the pictures. :rofl:

Post by Guest »

She said she reads feminist books? Lmao, I haven’t watched her in a while but she is the last person I’d assume who reads feminist books...and if she did, she wouldn’t specifically say “feminist books” 🙄

Humidity
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Humidity »

Hi everyone. I’m new here. Why do bloggers like Chase Amie sell their bags so often. Is it because they are extremely fickle or that they are shopaholics that can only afford their addictions by selling off their items quickly?

baglover
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by baglover »

Is it just me or is every single video an ad these days? They are all extremely boring.

Return to “A-E”