Andrea Matillano

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Andrea Matillano

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I recently started watching her channel again because her videos kept popping up in my recs and I couldn't remember why I unsubbed.

Didn't take long to remember tho. Lol. Her voice becomes SO grating and annoying after just a short time...it's high pitched and monotone at the same time. Nails on a chalkboard for me.

And what finally inspired me to create this topic was today's video. Literally yesterday she uploads an eyeshadow palette declutter talking about how she wants to keep her collection in one wide Alex drawer only. But she still held on to a ton of stuff she admits she does not use. And then today, she uploads a sponsored Hush haul of TEN knockoff palettes, some of which she already owns the legit version of.......how does she not recognize this as hypocritical hoarder behavior? I feel like most of the panning community exists purely to give themselves a pat on the back at this point.

While I do have some Bad Habit palettes myself I still find Hush to be very sketchy as they've been exposed posting fake reviews posing as customers on Reddit and other social media, plus before they got popular they sold fake products masquerading as real name brand things, which they have admitted to. Even though she claimed in this video that Bad Habit is cruelty free I really doubt that caim. Who knows where that stuff comes from or what shady shit goes on behind the scenes.

She's been on YT forever and has seen very little growth. Seems like there's a good reason for that.

ALSO, she claims to wear 0.5 in Urban Decay......their foundations definitely run a tad orange and do oxidize, esp. All Nighter, but she is NOT a 0.5. Unless her lighting is extremely off. Her makeup never looks that great, she literally always has the winged eyeshadow scotch tape look and it's not cute.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Andrea Matillano

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

Oh my gosh, yes! I used to watch her for a while too but her voice is so annoying. She sounds like she has cotton in her throat or something? Her videos are rather lengthy and her topics are so boring. BTW- do you know what her husband looks like? I'm just curious... lol..

smackthat
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by smackthat »

I know this is the Trash thread but in fairness, Andrea was sent the Hush palettes as PR so it's not exactly hoarding.

I totally agree with you regarding Hush, seems like all the gurus are praising it highly and I smell a scandal coming on!

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GluteActivation »

smackthat wrote:I know this is the Trash thread but in fairness, Andrea was sent the Hush palettes as PR so it's not exactly hoarding.

I totally agree with you regarding Hush, seems like all the gurus are praising it highly and I smell a scandal coming on!
What if their palettes contain feces like the fake Kylie Cosmetics palettes do :barf:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

GluteActivation wrote:
smackthat wrote:I know this is the Trash thread but in fairness, Andrea was sent the Hush palettes as PR so it's not exactly hoarding.

What if their palettes contain feces like the fake Kylie Cosmetics palettes do :barf:
Ew what?! :o :o :o

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GluteActivation »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
GluteActivation wrote:

Ew what?! :o :o :o
http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/04/13/anim ... and-names/

joanne
Lurker
Lurker

Post by joanne »

She is so repetitive and talks really fast, like she's presenting the news or something. What I find the most annoying is how pushy she is with people to comment on her videos, like she'll say something and then be like ' Let me know in the comments what you guys think ' and then 2 minutes later, different topic ' I'm really curious if you guys do the same, you'll have to tell me in the comments ' . At this point it's so obvious that she is just trying to gather comments because i swear she does that at least 5 times ever.single.video. I mean, she can't really be THAT curious about other people's preferences :roll:

enough123
Learner
Learner

Post by enough123 »

I really do like Andrea. I think she seems a nice girl and she is honest in her reviews, even if the product was sent to her in PR. But I got the feeling that she tries to please all her subscribers way too much. Every time she does something she has to put out a disclaimer "I know some of you guys are over these videos" or "I know not everyone likes these videos" or something else like that. And then "Let me know if you want to see more this and this and this" You don't have to address it every time when you are doing a video that someone may not like it. It's common sense. Post what makes you happy!

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I think this is problem with a lot of reviewers. We want them to review and see new stuffs, they received a lot of PR, so they declutter a lot, but the problem come when they declutter something and then in the next weeks they praise something less good of what they give away.

I think what frustrated me a lot in declutters is when they say they like something but still give them away, good lord, if only I have a fraction of what they have...

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Her sound is always really off and crap quality! :?

Plus her texture. And her posing. She's cringe AF! :rofl:

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alwaysspillingtea »

I really like Andrea but her videos on her everyday makeup drawer are SO boring. Plus her everyday makeup drawer contains way too many products. I don't like her Colour Pop videos either, but I think I may not like them since Colour Pop has always overwhelmed me due to their frequent releases of too many products.

And she really needs to quit saying "*insert product name here* is so beautiful!" I once counted how many times she has said beautiful in a 10min video and it was at least 5x lol.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She always looks the same. Bronzey eye makeup done 1,000,000 times. She's boring and her voice grates.. :?

WCSaidSo

Post by WCSaidSo »

:HK:

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think her channel would be a lot better if she did voiceover eyeshadow tutorials.

Post by Guest »

She did a dupe video today sharing the very novel idea that the Colourpop/Shayla Perception palette is a close dupe for Urban Decay’s Born to Run. :roll: Seriously?! It was about three MONTHS ago when Born to Run came out and everybody was talking about how similar it was to Perception. She’s either completely clueless and doesn’t read or watch any industry chatter videos, tweets or posts, or she’s just a boring, repetitive moron who has nothing new to say.

Oh, right. It’s the latter...

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Quirkelle wrote:She did a dupe video today sharing the very novel idea that the Colourpop/Shayla Perception palette is a close dupe for Urban Decay’s Born to Run. :roll: Seriously?! It was about three MONTHS ago when Born to Run came out and everybody was talking about how similar it was to Perception. She’s either completely clueless and doesn’t read or watch any industry chatter videos, tweets or posts, or she’s just a boring, repetitive moron who has nothing new to say.

Oh, right. It’s the latter...
Her videos are really repetitive, it makes her channel boring sometimes. I think her channel would be better if she didn't post the same videos every month.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I would like to love Angela Roi vegan bags, I've seen a lot of youtubers promoting these, but they don't wow me, I've seen no-leather bags cuter than these.

Is it just me or her best neutral palettes, some of them aren't very neutral? Why all these beauty gurus think anything not rainbow palettes are neutrals, I don't get it.

In her last 20ish videos I maybe click on 2-3 of them.

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

I haven't clicked on any of her content in at least a month, maybe more. When I'm scrolling through to find something to watch, I literally think "ugh, no, don't want to listen to that drone" when I see her videos. I should un-sub. Why don't I un-sub? She is sooooooo boring. Okay, I'm going to un-sub (ya talked me into it lol)

annapolly
Debater
Debater

Post by annapolly »

Does anyone know her ethnicity. I thought Matillano was a Tagalog name but she doesn’t look Asian?
judging u

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I think she’s Italian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “A-E”