Angelica Nyqvist

makeup_wine_repeat
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Angelica Nyqvist

Post by makeup_wine_repeat »

If she says Japan one more time!!! I watched her video after a long hiatus from her (although I was keeping up with the whole starring in a B-grade horror movie and cringey modelling pics drama) and she really hasn't changed or grown at all. I am so sure she is on a path to becoming one of those self absorbed gurus, really fast and the girl hasn't even crossed the 100k mark yet. The tantrum she had abut the reddit thread goes on to show her diva complex and this is a grown woman.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

Lurk Err wrote:How old is she? I noticed she very careful not to do closeups, but when she does :o
She’s 34 or 35. I don’t think she has tried very hard to hide her fine lines and wrinkles. She seems pretty comfortable with them.

Lurk Err
Debater
Debater

Post by Lurk Err »

AppleBlossom wrote:
Lurk Err wrote:How old is she? I noticed she very careful not to do closeups, but when she does :o
She’s 34 or 35. I don’t think she has tried very hard to hide her fine lines and wrinkles. She seems pretty comfortable with them.
I’m American her age and was a tanning addict. I’m just confused how it’s that bad.

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

Lurk Err wrote:
AppleBlossom wrote:
I’m American her age and was a tanning addict. I’m just confused how it’s that bad.
I'm 38. People are allowed to have and see wrinkles and not mind. People with wrinkles are allowed to make videos and wear makeup.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

PandaEyeLook
Learner
Learner

Post by PandaEyeLook »

She just doesn't use that strong combo of filter and ringlight, I believe. A strong layer of foundation with daylightish setting might emphasize the wrinkles more. That's why I'm not a fan of heavy foundation overall, not even in the evening. The less foundation/concealer/powder I put on my face, the more youthful look I'm able to pull.

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

autumnshadowpath wrote:
Lurk Err wrote:
AppleBlossom wrote:
I'm 38. People are allowed to have and see wrinkles and not mind. People with wrinkles are allowed to make videos and wear makeup.
I think she looks fine for a woman her age. She looks comparable to other people I know around the same age, especially Scandinavians. It is totally natural and still beautiful to begin to age and have things like wrinkles. A recent observation that I've made about Scandinavians is that they seem to age more quickly in their 30s and 40s. They seem pretty confident in it because it is happening to everyone around them too. The body confidence is something I miss about living there.

Now her stuck up personality is a totally different story.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

Kind of happy that while Angelica only got a shade name color, blushtribe gave Paulina an entire palette. I know the whole thing about “pitting women against each other” is toxic but honestly I am so tired of how Angelica dominated the way people talk about eyeshadow, esp in the indie beauty sphere. Paulina is a lot more chill and I’m excited to see what here Palette looks like

Lurk Err
Debater
Debater

Post by Lurk Err »

autumnshadowpath wrote:
Lurk Err wrote:
AppleBlossom wrote:

Really?! No shit, my skin don’t look the same as it did when I was younger, I’m just shocked she’s my age. If it makes you feel better I’m already going through menopause. That’s my premature aging.

Shiv
Talker
Talker

Post by Shiv »

hcburbs wrote:Kind of happy that while Angelica only got a shade name color, blushtribe gave Paulina an entire palette. I know the whole thing about “pitting women against each other” is toxic but honestly I am so tired of how Angelica dominated the way people talk about eyeshadow, esp in the indie beauty sphere. Paulina is a lot more chill and I’m excited to see what here Palette looks like
Well done for Paulina, but doesn't she only have like 4k subscribers? Is she bigger on Instagram, hence the collab?

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

punka wrote:
hcburbs wrote:Kind of happy that while Angelica only got a shade name color, blushtribe gave Paulina an entire palette. I know the whole thing about “pitting women against each other” is toxic but honestly I am so tired of how Angelica dominated the way people talk about eyeshadow, esp in the indie beauty sphere. Paulina is a lot more chill and I’m excited to see what here Palette looks like
Well done for Paulina, but doesn't she only have like 4k subscribers? Is she bigger on Instagram, hence the collab?
Yeah, she’s got 11.5k followers on Instagram. I don’t think that’s why she got the collab, though. I think it’s happening because she’s friends with Salma, the owner of Blush Tribe. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Angelica eventually get her own BT palette as well. I’m really happy for Paulina. Can’t wait to see what her palette will look like.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

AppleBlossom wrote:
punka wrote:
Yeah, she’s got 11.5k followers on Instagram. I don’t think that’s why she got the collab, though. I think it’s happening because she’s friends with Salma, the owner of Blush Tribe. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Angelica eventually get her own BT palette as well. I’m really happy for Paulina. Can’t wait to see what her palette will look like.
I was going to say that. I’m glad she’s going first and probably because blush tribe is closer to Paulina than Angelica. I hate to say it, but I wouldn’t want a palette with Angelica’s name on it. Paulina is a regular person who can hear constructive criticism and is also really honest on her channel.

I can’t forgive Angelica for freaking out about a really benign comment on reddit. She could have handled that a hundred different ways but she chose the worst possible way and probably alienated a lot more people than just me.

I wound up unsubscribing to her after that.

I don’t think her age and wrinkles are a big deal. She does do a lot to hide them so it’s shocking when you see that her skin texture isn’t what it looks like. I was shocked. I think normally and without face filters, she’s beautiful. It was so weird to realize that she was pretending to have smooth skin.
I’m the worst of the worst

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

Has she ever addressed if she wants kids or not?

Dead morose
Learner
Learner

Post by Dead morose »

lillemy01 wrote:Has she ever addressed if she wants kids or not?
in her "Assume Something About Me & I'll Tell You If It's True" video she addresses this. She said she wants kids but most likely is unable to become a mom health-wise.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

Lurk Err wrote:
autumnshadowpath wrote:
Lurk Err wrote:
AppleBlossom wrote:

Really?! No shit, my skin don’t look the same as it did when I was younger, I’m just shocked she’s my age. If it makes you feel better I’m already going through menopause. That’s my premature aging.
I was just watching her October Glossybox unboxing video. She admitted she doesn’t moisturize her skin unless she’s tanning on vacation. :o No wonder she has so many fine lines. I can’t imagine washing my face and not moisturizing afterward. I’m pretty into skincare, though.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

saw her European beauty brands video, and not surprised Blush Tribe, Ceritfye, and whatever Rose are up there as she's affiliated with them in some way. My problem with those brands is that I don't buy that they are indie. I could be wrong, but they just look like Morphe under a different name, private labelled and quite expensive for the quality of ingredients you're getting.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

hcburbs wrote:saw her European beauty brands video, and not surprised Blush Tribe, Ceritfye, and whatever Rose are up there as she's affiliated with them in some way. My problem with those brands is that I don't buy that they are indie. I could be wrong, but they just look like Morphe under a different name, private labelled and quite expensive for the quality of ingredients you're getting.
Yeah, when she said “Blush Tribe formula,” I was thinking, What Blush Tribe formula? They are private labeled. Somebody on Reddit hipped me to the fact that they try to obfuscate this by misspelling the word paraben, but the Hasina 2 formula matched the ingredients of an eyeshadow quad on AliExpress. Check this out. Really dampened my interest in ordering Hasina 2 when it comes back in January, The packaging is probably the reason for the price of BT palettes. It’s pretty shitty that Salma, the owner of BT, isn’t honest about the source of her eyeshadows. The pigmentation looks good and they seem to perform well, but BT is no Devinah Cosmetics or Sydney Grace. Those are legit indie brands. I wouldn’t be surprised if Certifeye is also private labeled. The owner is Salma’s sister.

ETA: I wonder what Angelica and Paulina would say if they knew the truth about Blush Tribe. I don’t think they’re aware it’s a private label brand.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

AppleBlossom wrote:
hcburbs wrote:saw her European beauty brands video, and not surprised Blush Tribe, Ceritfye, and whatever Rose are up there as she's affiliated with them in some way. My problem with those brands is that I don't buy that they are indie. I could be wrong, but they just look like Morphe under a different name, private labelled and quite expensive for the quality of ingredients you're getting.
Yeah, when she said “Blush Tribe formula,” I was thinking, What Blush Tribe formula? They are private labeled. Somebody on Reddit hipped me to the fact that they try to obfuscate this by misspelling the word paraben, but the Hasina 2 formula matched the ingredients of an eyeshadow quad on AliExpress. Check [url=<a class="vglnk" href="[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>reddit</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>r</span><span>/</span><span>Indiemakeupandmore</span><span>/</span><span>comments</span><span>/</span><span>8udvvd</span><span>/</span><span>comment</span><span>/</span><span>e3xohbu</span><span>?</span><span>st</span><span>=</span><span>JOCHZIRW</span><span>&</span><span>sh</span><span>=</span><span>bcb81d03</span><span>]</span><span>this</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>] out. Really dampened my interest in ordering Hasina 2 when it comes back in January, The packaging is probably the reason for the price of BT palettes. It’s pretty shitty that Salma, the owner of BT, isn’t honest about the source of her eyeshadows. The pigmentation looks good and they seem to perform well, but BT is no Devinah Cosmetics or Sydney Grace. Those are legit indie brands. I wouldn’t be surprised if Certifeye is also private labeled. The owner is Salma’s sister.

ETA: I wonder what Angelica and Paulina would say if they knew the truth about Blush Tribe. I don’t think they’re aware it’s a private label brand.
That’s depressing. I have a few blush tribe palettes and I wasn’t aware they were private labeled

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

claradion wrote:
AppleBlossom wrote:
Yeah, when she said “Blush Tribe formula,” I was thinking, What Blush Tribe formula? They are private labeled. Somebody on Reddit hipped me to the fact that they try to obfuscate this by misspelling the word paraben, but the Hasina 2 formula matched the ingredients of an eyeshadow quad on AliExpress. Check [url=<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>reddit</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>r</span><span>/</span><span>Indiemakeupandmore</span><span>/</span><span>comments</span><span>/</span><span>8udvvd</span><span>/</span><span>comment</span><span>/</span><span>e3xohbu</span><span>?</span><span>st</span><span>=</span><span>JOCHZIRW</span><span>&</span><span>sh</span><span>=</span><span>bcb81d03</span><span>]</span><span>this</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>reddit</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>r</span><span>/</span><span>Indiemakeupandmore</span><span>/</span><span>comments</span><span>/</span><span>8udvvd</span><span>/</span><span>comment</span><span>/</span><span>e3xohbu</span><span>?</span><span>st</span><span>=</span><span>JOCHZIRW</span><span>&</span><span>sh</span><span>=</span><span>bcb81d03</span><span>]</span><span>this</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>] out. Really dampened my interest in ordering Hasina 2 when it comes back in January, The packaging is probably the reason for the price of BT palettes. It’s pretty shitty that Salma, the owner of BT, isn’t honest about the source of her eyeshadows. The pigmentation looks good and they seem to perform well, but BT is no Devinah Cosmetics or Sydney Grace. Those are legit indie brands. I wouldn’t be surprised if Certifeye is also private labeled. The owner is Salma’s sister.

That’s depressing. I have a few blush tribe palettes and I wasn’t aware they were private labeled
Which ones do you have? Are you enjoying them?

Post by Guest »

That is quite interesting, I do wonder if Angelica and Paulina are aware it’s private labelled or just don’t care.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

AppleBlossom wrote:
claradion wrote:
AppleBlossom wrote:
Yeah, when she said “Blush Tribe formula,” I was thinking, What Blush Tribe formula? They are private labeled. Somebody on Reddit hipped me to the fact that they try to obfuscate this by misspelling the word paraben, but the Hasina 2 formula matched the ingredients of an eyeshadow quad on AliExpress. Check [url=<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>reddit</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>r</span><span>/</span><span>Indiemakeupandmore</span><span>/</span><span>comments</span><span>/</span><span>8udvvd</span><span>/</span><span>comment</span><span>/</span><span>e3xohbu</span><span>?</span><span>st</span><span>=</span><span>JOCHZIRW</span><span>&</span><span>sh</span><span>=</span><span>bcb81d03</span><span>]</span><span>this</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>reddit</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>r</span><span>/</span><span>Indiemakeupandmore</span><span>/</span><span>comments</span><span>/</span><span>8udvvd</span><span>/</span><span>comment</span><span>/</span><span>e3xohbu</span><span>?</span><span>st</span><span>=</span><span>JOCHZIRW</span><span>&</span><span>sh</span><span>=</span><span>bcb81d03</span><span>]</span><span>this</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>reddit</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>r</span><span>/</span><span>Indiemakeupandmore</span><span>/</span><span>comments</span><span>/</span><span>8udvvd</span><span>/</span><span>comment</span><span>/</span><span>e3xohbu</span><span>?</span><span>st</span><span>=</span><span>JOCHZIRW</span><span>&</span><span>sh</span><span>=</span><span>bcb81d03</span><span>]</span><span>this</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>] out. Really dampened my interest in ordering Hasina 2 when it comes back in January, The packaging is probably the reason for the price of BT palettes. It’s pretty shitty that Salma, the owner of BT, isn’t honest about the source of her eyeshadows. The pigmentation looks good and they seem to perform well, but BT is no Devinah Cosmetics or Sydney Grace. Those are legit indie brands. I wouldn’t be surprised if Certifeye is also private labeled. The owner is Salma’s sister.

Which ones do you have? Are you enjoying them?
I have Hasina and Hasina 2. I do like them. I have used Hasina the most and it’s not bad.

Return to “A-E”