Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Angelica Nyqvist

Post by overit1995 »

JanLevinson wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:49 am
Her bronzer&blush declutter summerized in a few words: I'm keeping this becase I reach for it, I'm not keeping this because I don't reach for it. She said "reach for" 34 times in a 28 minute video. I counted. I hate this expression so much, it was really hard watching the video.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
Really didn't enjoy that video. She's so concerned with posting videos people 'want' that she posts garbage like this (declutters being very 'popular' atm). What's wrong with having a small channel if it means staying true to yourself? Honestly, she should know better. In my opinion, most of the people who try to become beauty gurus do so because they know they have nothing substantial to offer humanity. Lol.

Angelica has a job which she seemed (or used to, at least) to think did some good for the world (or at least her country). Would she really be happy with herself giving all of this up to become a fulltime BG? I just can't quite believe it! (Maybe I'm unwilling to totally give up on her bc I love Sweden)

Rawbootykristi
Talker
Talker

Post by Rawbootykristi »

I can't decide whether I like her or not. I appreciate how 'out there' and different she is with her makeup and style especially for a slightly 'older' beautuber and I do like her going on the wishlist or nah, but her self righteous attitude bugs me, often to the point where I can't finish her videos.

Bonki
Informer
Informer

Post by Bonki »

Rawbootykristi wrote:I can't decide whether I like her or not. I appreciate how 'out there' and different she is with her makeup and style especially for a slightly 'older' beautuber and I do like her going on the wishlist or nah, but her self righteous attitude bugs me, often to the point where I can't finish her videos.
I honestly just think she has a bad personality. Its obvious she is trying to be quirky and random but at the same time being a know it all and condescending. Its just offputting.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

dwbotssbdc11
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dwbotssbdc11 »

JanLevinson wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:49 am
Her bronzer&blush declutter summerized in a few words: I'm keeping this becase I reach for it, I'm not keeping this because I don't reach for it. She said "reach for" 34 times in a 28 minute video. I counted. I hate this expression so much, it was really hard watching the video.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
WORD. what's up with expressions like "reach for", "play with", or "snag/pick up"? they're fine imo on occasion, but for the love of christ, switch it up a little. so many BGs overuse this. whatever happened to "use" or "buy"?

I was so disappointed in her eyeshadow palette collection. i was really looking forward to it as it's my favorite type of video to watch as a filthy aspiring palette hoarder. :D but the lighting was AWFUL. what's up with some BGs and turning their ring light up to the max? pro tip booty gurus, if your eyeshadow palette with white packaging looks like a shining white blob on camera, it's time to turn down the damn lights lmao. let us fucking see things. it also makes videos very unreliable because products are now being shown in studio-type lighting, aka the type regular joes rarely find themselves in. i watch BGs to get a better feel for how products look in person, not to get the same oversaturated, studio lighting shit that makeup brands show their products in. :fit:

also her reason for decluttering the max up the makeup ready set summer palette was "summer's over". she doesn't have to keep it, but... do you know how seasons work, Angie? :|

Rawbootykristi
Talker
Talker

Post by Rawbootykristi »

In one of her recent videos she goes on and on about how she doesn't like gold eyeshadow while sitting there wearing...gold eyeshadow :rofl:

Kuutar
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kuutar »

dwbotssbdc11 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:46 pm

I was so disappointed in her eyeshadow palette collection. i was really looking forward to it as it's my favorite type of video to watch as a filthy aspiring palette hoarder. :D but the lighting was AWFUL. what's up with some BGs and turning their ring light up to the max? pro tip booty gurus, if your eyeshadow palette with white packaging looks like a shining white blob on camera, it's time to turn down the damn lights lmao. let us fucking see things. it also makes videos very unreliable because products are now being shown in studio-type lighting, aka the type regular joes rarely find themselves in. i watch BGs to get a better feel for how products look in person, not to get the same oversaturated, studio lighting shit that makeup brands show their products in. :fit:
I'm actually going to defend Angie on this one. The lighting in her eyeshadow palette declutter video is great, as it usually is in her videos. I don't think it's too bright. White can be hard to film because it reflects light more than say, grey or black. So even when your lighting and all the settings are perfect, when you suddenly bring a white item in the picture, it can look like "a shining white blob". Especially if the material is something reflective, like a plastic palette.

Also, studio-type lighting is great for filming product videos because it's neutral and more stable than natural light (which you don't get much in Sweden atm). Sure, regular joes would be more familiar with regular lightbulbs. But I don't think anyone would want her to film on her dining table under the kitchen lights because those lights are yellow. Everything would be yellow blobs and we'd have no idea what the true colours were.

Watana
Learner
Learner

Post by Watana »

How can Angelica find such ugly outfits??!! I also shop on ASOS but boy oh boy.... you should really put some efforts to find this kind of trash. I'm talking about her in the video "2018 beauty & makeup favourites". That cropped tshirt sound be saying "opposite effect".

Her 2020 manifesto:
1. Continue saving money on hair salons.
2. Mastering her blus-applying technique aka "rosacea is growing strong".
3. Never prepare for a video, i.e. not googling people, names, pronunciation + shaming people for mispronouncing ikea items.
4. Making new types of videos and then quitting, "because nobody watches them". Mind you, Youtube is not her "job", she has a real regular job. I'm sure you don't hear that enough on her channel.

Guys, add more points to this😁

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

5. Include as much nonsensical pet content as possible.
6. Never wear her ring, but always ask rhetorically where her ring is.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

7. continue to kiss the asses of larger youtubers and generally selling out (recent egregious example-claiming she "doesn't know Laura Lee's heart." )

JanLevinson
Talker
Talker

Post by JanLevinson »

8. Reminding people that she lives in Sweden and it's getting so dark in Sweden at 3pm. It's pitch black behind her.
9. Using false lashes with every (patchy & poorly blended) look not because she uses crappy eyeshadows, but because she has been wearing false lashes since 3000 B.C.
10. Showcasing her 90's fashion style trying to make it cool again.
11. Why is there a cat hair here
12. Decluttering just so she could add more clutter. (This woman is going to declutter the universe sooner or later)
13. Travelling again. Such a burden for her. [She rolled her eyes when she said she was going to be in San Francisco/Diego (can't remember which one) for the New Year's with her fiancé. Can you imagine the horrors she's going through?]
14. Promoting Kaleidos because she's been with them from the beginning.
15. Trying to get into neutrals, because neutrals is not her aestethic but she needs more options.
16. Lip smacking & weird mouth noises & sipping.
17. Am I in focus? I think I am.
-------------------------------------------------
I hope I didn't repeat anything that was said, please continue.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

18. Kicking off at indie brands for charging her more postage than their domestic customers, or bigger brands for not having a European stockist or releasing same products worldwide as they do in US
19. Whilst buying everything Colourpop releases
20. Dissing 'made in China' drugstore eyeshadows
21. Whilst shilling Blush Tribe/Kaleidos
22. Dissing women who work in the sex industry and/or use their bodies to make money/ show their bodies openly in the media 'to get attention' etc.
23. Whilst hiding her past of making money from her body, showing it to get famous, and .... possibly working in the sex industry
24. Acting like an oppressed European
25. Whilst acting like a superior European (with really great Christmas food!)
24. Basically being a massive hypocrite about many things all the time.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Dead morose
Learner
Learner

Post by Dead morose »

25. being salty about full-time influencers getting brand trips\money\other opportunities
26. youtube is just her hobby!
27. actually, one of many (shopping, occasional gaming, looking for her ring... list just goes on)
28. not using makeup to be pretty
29. yet using the word "flattering" to describe face\cheek'\lip products

Rawbootykristi
Talker
Talker

Post by Rawbootykristi »

30. talk about how tan she is and how the description 'fair' or 'light' does not apply to her at all
31. claim her eyes are green because green is one of her favorite colors
32. drink wine while telling us it's low alcohol wine you guys
33. diss glitter while wearing glitter
34. talk about how frugal she is while buying new makeup every other day

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Ooh also hypocrisy addendum

35. Does a collab with Devina, a US only indie brand, after all the point 18ing. Wanna help us poor underprivileged Europeans get a hold of your collab without having to pay $$$ customs, Angie? 🖕🖕

(Don't get me wrong I don't want to but I'm sure someone in Europe does)
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

bumbling_buzzard
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bumbling_buzzard »

I subbed to her a few months ago but am thinking of unsubbing soon because her personality isn’t doing anything for me. Could I also add that she direly needs a purple toner? The yellow at her hairline is out of control!

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

36. Constantly complains that she's not "growing" enough or her videos aren't getting enough views. Despite the fact that she gets TONS of pr on her channel (so much that she doesn't have enough time to review it all), gets at least some amount of money from AdSense, and also has a job that's well paying enough for her to constantly travel and not worry about budgeting makeup or worry about her other actual bills

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

Also
36. Is really into video games and world of Warcraft. Did you know that SHES NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS?!?!

Dead morose
Learner
Learner

Post by Dead morose »

When Angie's lowbuy year was over I thought she will stop mentioning her lowbuy in every video.
Little did I know.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

Omg I just realized I said #36 twice, I'm stupid sorry y'all 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

I can't watch this woman. For all the reasons listed above, lol. SO self-important, this one; so "quirky" and impressed with herself. I also can't take all the "let's sip our drink in a silly way and talk to our pets, who are off camera" breaks, which make her content twice as long as it needs to be.

It's funny, when I first clicked on a video of hers a couple of years ago, I thought she was SO weird. I was like, "Aw, look at this Swedish clown with too much makeup." I had no idea she'd become the self-appointed leader of third-tier beauty YouTube.

Return to “A-E”