Brad Mondo

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brad Mondo

Post by Merpedy »

Did anyone see the hair announcement lmao. Literally no one in the comments knows what the product actually is. I looked at the comments now and he seems to have just hearted the people that didn't mention the confusion lmao.

As for his personality, it's really cringy how he tries to do all those 'sexy' things? It's just not attractive on him, maybe if he was you typical instagram dude it would be okay but eh.

Bazzingadoo12
Informer
Informer

Post by Bazzingadoo12 »

It was very cringy how he modelled the whole thing, it came off as stiffy. That's why people hire professional models for these things lol

I got the feeling it'll probably be a "fantasy hair dye" of some sorts.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

feelingfamiliar wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 pm
yall I just tried to look him up on the NY licensee search website. Nothing came up.... literally not a damn thing. Is mondo not his last name? I'm not familiar with the cosmo laws in NY so I'm not sure if he could apprentice without applying for a temp license. But if he goes by his real name, he is not and was never a licensed cosmetologist.

Which actually explains a lot
His full name is brad gesimondo I think. Not sure if legally Bradley though

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by RoseHammer »

So I recently discovered his videos, and liked him at first. UNTIL I realized his entire personality was just comprised of being loud, gay and bitchy, and that he isn't really that talented at all. I also got sus when I'd see him criticize other people doing hair, and whenever HE actually did hair it came out either subpar or terrible, case in point being that biracial girl ( Snitchery I think? )

He kind of acts spastic and like he doesn't know what he's doing, I wouldn't want him touching my hair. I also hate when he said "Everybody looks better blond" .... uh no? what the fuck? No real hairstylist would think that way. He's just really annoying and dumb and thinks he can get away with it because he's a guy.

meowser
Learner
Learner

Post by meowser »

feelingfamiliar wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 pm
yall I just tried to look him up on the NY licensee search website. Nothing came up.... literally not a damn thing. Is mondo not his last name? I'm not familiar with the cosmo laws in NY so I'm not sure if he could apprentice without applying for a temp license. But if he goes by his real name, he is not and was never a licensed cosmetologist.

Which actually explains a lot
He is licensed in his home state for Massachusetts under his name Brad Gesimondo, however, nothing comes up for NY which is where he currently resides. He would need to transfer his license to legally cut/color hair on other people in NY.

ilovemydeadgayson
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovemydeadgayson »

cupcake-bby wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:22 am
betylistic wrote:
feelingfamiliar wrote:Ok so he goes by a shortened last name and I jumped the gun. Sorry for being a moron.

BUT, he was granted a temp cosmetology license in mid 2015. At this point, he's been working professionally for under 5 years. Not to mention that it looks like he started out assisting originally. Not knocking assisting but at least in california, assisting is normally doing everything BUT cutting and coloring. Which would cut his experience even shorter.
He's done a reaction video to his first video, and told he lied at some points in the first video. How could we be sure he's not lying about his career now? Of course it's difficult. He was also a lot less comical at the beginning and now it's gotten to the point like it's a parody of himself.

My sister cuts and colours hair better than him and she's no professional.

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
He seems high or drunk in a lot of his videos. He makes no sense. I don't know if it's the character he plays up or he's genuinly that obnoxious but a lot of his recent videos are unwatchable.
I'm glad someone else mentioned this! I stopped watching his videos for a while but I came back recently and noticed right away his persona seemed different. At first I thought maybe I just didn't remember him correctly but at one point I was asking myself if he was on drugs. He seems so much more erratic and just not all there. And I always have to skip the first 2 minutes or so because he just rambles on about nothing at the start of each video

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

He mentions in the sprite video that he's a real hair artist. :D he also said there are people speculating...

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

berryfrezh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by berryfrezh »

I figured that license part in the Sprite video was definitely a dig at GG.

I will admit the ending product when he had part of the yellow combed over the green was a gorgeous color.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

Haha well brad for clarification I do think you’re a licensed hair stylist but I think you bought your hours and didn’t attend school in person for 1600 hours. :) that’s what shut marinello down- selling fake hours

ilovemydeadgayson
Learner
Learner

Omg he got so offended when he was ranting about people not saying he's a real stylist. You could tell he was trying to be joke-y and lighthearted about it but it really bothered him.

I do believe he is a licensed stylist. However, he's just not a very good one. There are a lot of stylists out there who did the schooling but they either don't have the natural talent or the practice it takes to become an expert. Professional stylists have commented on how he's too slow and kind of awkward in his technique which to me says he doesn't have enough practice working with the public to be as skillful as say, Guy Tang. He also doesn't seem to *care* a whole lot about the science behind it or proper technique so he's also not as knowledgeable as a stylist like Brittney Gray.

And don't get me started on his wigs. It's a damn shame that a so-called professional would think those Barbie-looking synthetic wigs he wears look good. I've watched videos on how to wear synthetic wigs by amateurs that were lightyears beyond him in styling skill.

I also like that he basically confirmed that he thinks helping out in his dad's salon at age 13 counts as experience towards his skill as a stylist.

Ugh. I'm just over this little man.

slimecup
Learner
Learner

Post by slimecup »

brad is definitely playing the YT game fast and loose. his content quality is all over the place and it's pretty clear he's trying to pump out videos regularly, regardless of whether or not they're particularly creative or good. fair enough, though - i'd be doing the same thing if it were me.

_dekudoesnotapprove
Learner
Learner

Post by _dekudoesnotapprove »

does it annoy anyone that he spelled simply nailogicals nail "simply snailogical" and kept pronouncing it like that

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Brad Mondo

Post by Illogic_ally »

_dekudoesnotapprove wrote:does it annoy anyone that he spelled simply nailogicals nail "simply snailogical" and kept pronouncing it like that
The really annoying thing is that now he’s kind of trying to play it off as a joke, and his stans are all defending him saying it was on purpose and just a joke. Nah man, he’s just a fucking moron and actually thought Cristine’s channel was ‘snail logical’ Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slimecup
Learner
Learner

Post by slimecup »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:43 am
_dekudoesnotapprove wrote:does it annoy anyone that he spelled simply nailogicals nail "simply snailogical" and kept pronouncing it like that
The really annoying thing is that now he’s kind of trying to play it off as a joke, and his stans are all defending him saying it was on purpose and just a joke. Nah man, he’s just a fucking moron and actually thought Cristine’s channel was ‘snail logical’ Image

ugh found that so annoying! :roll:

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

slimecup wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:19 am
Illogic_ally wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:43 am

I assumed it was a mistake but why not just say, sorry I made a mistake?
ugh found that so annoying! :roll:

ilovemydeadgayson
Learner
Learner

Wait, so he just thought that was her name? I didn't watch the video but I caught th title and just assumed he didn't like her and was making fun of her. Wow...

I went back and watched all his super old videos and I miss that Brad. He was so much more chill and less stereotyped-gay-best-friend. I also preferred the cheaper looking background where it was just him sitting in his house without professional lights and backdrops. It was just relatable.

A lot of YouTubers do that when they start getting fame, though. And they always say the change in behavior is due to increased confidence and not being camera shy anymore but still - dial that shit back. I miss feeling like the person is just talking to me vs "performing, Dahhhling!"

ismelindsey
Talker
Talker

Post by ismelindsey »

Dead thread but just angry at how he talked about dreadlocks in one of his videos. Man he does not understand ethnic hair at all.

insomniac1977
Talker
Talker

Post by insomniac1977 »

ismelindsey wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:45 pm
Dead thread but just angry at how he talked about dreadlocks in one of his videos. Man he does not understand ethnic hair at all.
He doesn't understand hair at all. Full stop.

feelingfamiliar
Talker
Talker

Post by feelingfamiliar »

That's hilarious that he is so bothered by us questioning him. Just because you have a license does not make you an expert. I knew next to nothing besides sanitation when I graduated cosmetology school. My actual skill and technique was refined over a decade of my career. The whole state board situation isnt making sure that you know how to do hair, its how to not harm or maim clients.

In his "MondoMakeover" series, pretty much all his cuts are uneven and his color is sloppy. He never shows clear pictures of his work. It is far easier to hide a sloppy job when youre showing someone moving and not static.

Post by Guest »

I had to unsubscribe bc I was genuinely getting irritated every time I received a new video notification. I liked him at the beginning, but I've realized he tries way too hard to the point where it just comes off as desperate.

Return to “A-E”