Brad Mondo

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Re: Brad Mondo

Post by Knitting Jenny »

Have you guys seen Snitchery's hair.

Not an expert, but at this point it looks like buzzing it off would be the best solution. No wonder he deleted the video.

Edit: oh, her newest video is about her buzzing her hair off. I wasn't too far off it seems.

Natori_Umi
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Natori_Umi »

It seems he'll be coming out with a hair product soon? (Has he already announced something maybe?):
https://trademarks.justia.com/879/50/x- ... 50269.html

Also, there's a profile on Couchsurfing with his name that lists Brussels as the location. Makes me kinda curious, too.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

Ok I really do not think he's a real hairstylist anymore. I heard my teacher saying that Marinello got shut down for writing ghost student hours. Meaning they would write out time cards and send them in, but these people weren't actually there. They would sell these hours to rich kids who didn't want to put in the 1600 hours you need to get your license. She said it's a huge problem and why they have recently cracked down and also gone around and found people practicing who don't have their license. I just have a REALLY strong feeling this is what Brad did. Other hairstylists comment on his videos they don't think he's a real stylist either. Everything he does is messy and wrong. Now he completely burned off someone's hair. And in the beginning of the video he says her hair is not damaged but one thing they teach you in school is how to identify hair condition. how can someone who went to cosmetology school look at her hair, call it healthy and put 30 vol developer on it? And don't get me started on the haircut he literally tried to do box layers on a pixi. He is not a real hairstylist he started a channel to make money and now people want to hire him bc of it and he is scrambling to pretend like he has any clue what he's doing.

ylharaS
Learner
Learner

Post by ylharaS »

His personality makes me want to die and his editing is so terrible. Do you really need to zoom 1000 times for emphasis??

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

hi, new here. he's a try hard. he wouldn't be where he's at if it weren't for him reacting to Jenna's videos.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

not really sure where he gets of critiquing other people's hair considering his ALWAYS looks terrible lmao

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

^hehe I agree, his hair looks bad most of the time and I didn't like the transformations he's doing. They're all so "meh".
It's probably his overall attitude, I binge watched him for a couple hours when I was sick at home.

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HoardganizedJen wrote:Ok whoever mentioned him not using a Marcel curling iron gets a cookie. Sure enough, he's using that in today's video. :lol: Hi, Brad! :FU:
Lol that was me. How much do you want to bet he practiced for weeks before he filmed that lmao

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

Lmao he did a box dye VS professional dye video and apparently switched the mannequins after washing the hair because the box dye turned out better. Loads of people are calling him out on it in the comments, awks.

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

Merpedy wrote:Lmao he did a box dye VS professional dye video and apparently switched the mannequins after washing the hair because the box dye turned out better. Loads of people are calling him out on it in the comments, awks.
Omg!!! I wondered what might have gone so wrong with that box die that it looked soo darn terrible. I died my hair numerous times with box dye to a similar colour he used (from brown to red) and I always got amazing results.

He might have indeed switched the mannequins, I wish he freaking used distinct mannequins for the reliability of the video, but ya know... Image You can't cheat that way.

I don't get his obsession with trying to prove he's never ever seen a box dye, or walked into hair dye isle. BRAD, who are you kidding? Do you seriously think people are that dumb to believe you've never had a contact with box dye?

jenaling
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jenaling »

betylistic wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:56 am
Merpedy wrote:Lmao he did a box dye VS professional dye video and apparently switched the mannequins after washing the hair because the box dye turned out better. Loads of people are calling him out on it in the comments, awks.
Omg!!! I wondered what might have gone so wrong with that box die that it looked soo darn terrible. I died my hair numerous times with box dye to a similar colour he used (from brown to red) and I always got amazing results.

He might have indeed switched the mannequins, I wish he freaking used distinct mannequins for the reliability of the video, but ya know... Image You can't cheat that way.

I don't get his obsession with trying to prove he's never ever seen a box dye, or walked into hair dye isle. BRAD, who are you kidding? Do you seriously think people are that dumb to believe you've never had a contact with box dye?

He was doing entirely too much pretending he had no idea how to even use the box dye. It's really simple, that's the whole point. I don't know if he actually switched the heads but given how pathetically he was overacting, it wouldn't surprise me. Also looking at both dyes - the colors were completely different. Even in the store when he bought the professional one, the swatch was a dark plummy color so I can believe he swapped them.

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

By the way how did he actually look at those two colors and considered them similar as a "hair artist"?

Post by Guest »

Honestly does Brad even have any credibility?? Like a lot of people have said, I've never seen him post photos of his own work... He's very overly critical for someone who can't back it up.

Also, as a brunette, it pisses me off whenever he goes on and on about how everybody should dye their hair blond... IMO Brad didn't even look good with his blond hair. It bothered me when he was platinum and had his dark roots showing with his weird 90's-esque bowl cut, while he was criticizing people's dye jobs and haircuts.

cupcake-bby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cupcake-bby »

Lurker here! I also find it weird that he's so obsessed with blonde hair considering there are some hairtypes and color that literally can not be taken to blonde without getting completely trashed. Also he thinks everyone would look good as platinum blonde...did the dude even go to cosmetology school? Because he'd know that skintones are very important and clash with certain colors. He'd tell someone with coily dark hair to go platinum just like he'd tell a natural ginger to do the same without taking into account how much damage it takes. Like when he completely ruined that biracial girl's hair on his youtube channel and was practically laughing about how he doesn't care about using a strong af 30 volume on her already damaged hair....and completely fucked up her haircut.

I'd never let this guy near my hair. He has no education to back up any of his comments against box dye...he doesn't even know how to cut hair or when not to bleach hair/how to bleach.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yes he switched the mannequins. He’s really pathetic at this point. Just be a guru who does makeup instead of pretending you’re a hairstylist brad. If he was a hairstylist his hair would not be that awful blue it is now. Think of when guy tang does colorful hair- it never looks that awful. Agreed he thinks everyone should go platinum because he has no idea what colors work on people. He might have had a dad who was a hairstylist but he is not one

cupcakesandcream
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakesandcream »

I've unsubbed from him months ago because I was done with his whole arrogant "only i know about hair" attitude mixed with the "box dye is shit, you have to spend hundreds of dollars to get your hair dyed right" and never watched him again, but yt put that box dye video on the recommended and I already knew he was gonna be a bitch about it, so I came here and wow... to think that he would be petty enough to switch the mannequins (not to mention his ugly haircut). I'm glad he's getting called out in the comments, specially by other hairstylists.

senoradroolcup
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by senoradroolcup »

As an actual hairstylist myself, the thing that bothered me most about that box dye video was HOW BADLY he was applying even the PROFESSIONAL color?? If he's such a professional like he claims, his technique should have been way better and faster than that. Like, the way he held the brush, the way he tried to section the hair, the way he was just slapping it on, the way he seemed like he physically couldn't apply the color and talk at the same time... Talking while working quickly & neatly is LITERALLY OUR JOB. If he is as experienced as he claims, he should have been able to whip that color on while talking without skipping a beat.

cupcake-bby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cupcake-bby »

When he was bleaching that girl's hair he ruined i also noticed he put bleach on her roots first "because roots bleach faster" but i've never seen that done. If anything roots should be done after because they lift so quickly. So did he just wash that color off first? Wouldn't it be easier to do roots last since they lift so quickly?? I dunno man, if i saw a stylist do that i'd get ready my hair is gonna be ruined. Next to it his color application being messy makes me question if he even had an education. Hr also knows nothing about developer or he wouldn't have put 30 volume on fragile hair. At this point anyone who watches guy tang and brittney gray knows more about hair than him...

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

cupcake-bby wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:35 am
When he was bleaching that girl's hair he ruined i also noticed he put bleach on her roots first "because roots bleach faster" but i've never seen that done. If anything roots should be done after because they lift so quickly. So did he just wash that color off first? Wouldn't it be easier to do roots last since they lift so quickly?? I dunno man, if i saw a stylist do that i'd get ready my hair is gonna be ruined. Next to it his color application being messy makes me question if he even had an education. Hr also knows nothing about developer or he wouldn't have put 30 volume on fragile hair. At this point anyone who watches guy tang and brittney gray knows more about hair than him...
Omg that’s funny bc In the box dye video he says “normally I wouldn’t apply to the roots first because the heat from the head processes it faster” LMFAO

senoradroolcup
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by senoradroolcup »

cupcake-bby wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:35 am
Yeah. I went and watched his Snitchery video last night after my post about him applying the color so badly on the mannequin heads, and YIKES it was even worse than I thought. So many things:

1. I would NEVER apply 30 volume to the scalp. Even on thick/coarse healthy hair. 20 vol on scalp max, for the safety of their skin!!
2. NEVER apply bleach to the roots first, because yeah, the heat from the scalp makes the bleach process super fast. On healthy/virgin hair, apply it to the mids & ends first, leaving about 1/2-1" gap at the roots. When the mids & ends have processed to almost your desired lightness, go back in and apply the roots. Then everything finishes processing together. On her hair, I would hit the mids first, then the roots, then at the VERY end of processing time, pull thru to the ends. They're porous so they'll lift super fast, and doing it this way will mitigate any further damage.
3. When working with bleach you have to work FAST, especially on fragile hair like hers. Unlike color, bleach doesn't stop working, it will keep processing as long as it's wet. You have to work fast so that the first hair you applied to isn't processing for a long time while you finish the application. You should also start with a lower developer (especially if you're slow at applying) and keep bumping up the developer as you work your way around the head. That way you start with maybe 10-15vol and it sits on the longest, and end with *maybe* 30vol so it processes faster and therefore catches up to the stuff you started on, which cuts down on overall processing time & damage. But nope, he just went straight in with 30vol and worked at a snail's pace.
4. He clearly had no method for his application. During their "Q&A" session where he started applying to her roots, he was so distracted with talking that he just kept applying to the same freakin spot over and over again. No!!! Work methodically, work fast, have a plan in mind and focus on it. Don't stop every 3 seconds to wave your brush around and talk, only to go back to the hair and forget where you left off.

And don't even get me started on his haircutting "techniques" in her video on her channel. UGH everything about him makes me angry & embarrassed for him.

Return to “A-E”