Brad Mondo

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Re: Brad Mondo

Post by Knitting Jenny »

Haven't seen him in ages and he popped up in my recommendations. What on earth happened to his hair?

He looks like he lost the rest of his 90s boy band.

Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Pemberleydreams »

ga7ba wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 pm
Pemberleydreams wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:54 pm
He's insulting to a lot of ethnic hair related stuff. Be it dreadlocks or henna
I noticed this too. He gives me “uncultured, small-town white guy” vibes.
Same. His disdain for ethnic hairstyle n products n obsession for blond hair is annoying

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

So what happened with his hair care/whatever line (xmondo?) because unlike most people selling their own stuff he barely mentions it and honestly I have heard nothing about it in general.

sicksadworld
Learner
Learner

Post by sicksadworld »

The xmondo site is still up and running but I noticed the copyright hasn't been updated since 2018. Idk maybe he's semi abandoned it

tge_amalgam
Learner
Learner

Post by tge_amalgam »

Tbh it seems like he doesn't know ANYTHING about hair or hair products sometimes. In the drug store hair products vid he was surprised that the dry shampoo left a white powder in the hair but like...that's how dry shampoo works??? the white powder absorbs the oil and then you brush it out?? nonetheless it's way better than the alcohol-based foam one he recommended in the same vid anyways, that shit will dry your hair tf out

sicksadworld
Learner
Learner

Post by sicksadworld »

After his fiasco where he swapped the box dye and "professional dye" mannequins, I don't believe anything he says. He probably downplayed the Batiste dry shampoo on purpose, though I wouldn't know why.

He also used it wrong. He practically sprayed half the bottle, then wondered why it was so white. He even commented on the white powder and then immediately continued to spray more without brushing it out.

My hair is almost black. I hold dry shampoo about 6 inches away and spray in short spurts until it brushes out to dry-looking hair and have never had problems. Brad is just stupid.

His dumb followers also agreed with him because the dry shampoo they used didn't make their hair feel good. Well...yeah. It's dry shampoo. It's adding residue to your hair, not cleansing it. Your hair isn't going to feel clean and "normal" to the touch.

sicksadworld
Learner
Learner

Post by sicksadworld »

Also forgot to add that he fucking calls Batiste "bap-tees-tay."

Smh. Please tell me this man has a learning disability or something because he can't pronounce anything correctly.

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
sicksadworld wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am
After his fiasco where he swapped the box dye and "professional dye" mannequins, I don't believe anything he says. He probably downplayed the Batiste dry shampoo on purpose, though I wouldn't know why.

He also used it wrong. He practically sprayed half the bottle, then wondered why it was so white. He even commented on the white powder and then immediately continued to spray more without brushing it out.

My hair is almost black. I hold dry shampoo about 6 inches away and spray in short spurts until it brushes out to dry-looking hair and have never had problems. Brad is just stupid.

His dumb followers also agreed with him because the dry shampoo they used didn't make their hair feel good. Well...yeah. It's dry shampoo. It's adding residue to your hair, not cleansing it. Your hair isn't going to feel clean and "normal" to the touch.
Yep, he's a scam artist. He might know how to trim hair a few inches but who doesn't?? He has shown time and time again that he has no knowledge about haircolor, styling and trends. Plus, he's never shown any of his work. Idek how he built a following... he's so fucking annoying. Did some bigger Youtuber give him a shoutout or something??
My guess would be his popularity stems from the ANTM makeover reaction videos, that's how I found him.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

sicksadworld
Learner
Learner

Post by sicksadworld »

Yeah, he used to make great hair fail reaction videos and that got him fast fame.

I actually liked him when I first saw him. He wasn't as extra as he is today and he would give explanations as to why someone's home dye job or haircut didn't work without being mean about it. He *seemed* like a nice guy who knew what he was talking about.

However, the more I watched, the more I realized he didn't actually know very much and the more obnoxious his personality got over time.

Watch some of his first videos and you'll see he's nowhere near as animated as he is now.

Post by Guest »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:18 pm
You can just tell by the way he touches people's hair that he's not a professional. He's so clumsy and unsure of himself. Because he's a quack. When he was doing the pineapple hack, he put that girl's bun on the back of her head. The whole thing about "pineapple buns" is that they're basically on the top of your head which resembles a pineapple. How does he not know this incredibly basic fact about hairstyles???

Also, not sure it's possible but his brother Eric might be more annoying. Talk about trying to ride Brad's "fame" coattails. :roll:
Like when you see youtube MUA's do someone else's eye makeup, and they don't know where to place their arms or touch with the appropriate pressure! As for the reaction vids, compare them to Mixed makeup. Susan reviews those -totally not an advert for neutrogena wipes- Bazaar videos, she isn't rude, she understands everyone has their own preferences etc but still gives good foundational advice. Whereas Brad comes off a bit elitist, and seems to only pick on women, and has a narrow idea of what is nice (straight, professionally platinum dyed hair).

tge_amalgam
Learner
Learner

Post by tge_amalgam »

So he just posted a vid doing a complete 180 on his dry shampoo opinions...just keeps proving how much he really doesn't know about hair products. He seemed completely surprised that you had to shake the dry shampoo before spraying, but again that's how all dry shampoo works?????? it's powder of course it's gonna settle in the can and require shaking

mysteryboo12
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mysteryboo12 »

Wow his new video is so embarrassing. How is he only following basic instructions after he is called out? What a scammer..

BDuB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BDuB »

i'm really doubting if he ever worked as a hair dresser

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Did he get a new procedure or start a new drug? He can barely keep his eyes open in his new video.

Also the constant screaming canned campy phrases or “OH MY GAWD!” , clapping and snapping, are annoying AF. His ‘reactions’ are just being a loud brain damaged spaz desperate for attention.

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

So I just found out he's only 24?? Maybe its just me but I thought he was way older. He's only a year older than me but looks like he could be 6+ years older than me (evidently I have a baby face and get confused for a high schooler constantly so maybe im just biased but still)

punchingbears
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by punchingbears »

MsAudrey wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:16 am
So I just found out he's only 24?? Maybe its just me but I thought he was way older. He's only a year older than me but looks like he could be 6+ years older than me (evidently I have a baby face and get confused for a high schooler constantly so maybe im just biased but still)
... oh my god, I'm 26 and I THOUGHT HE WAS 30.

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Even in the Joana Ceddia Instagram pics and his recent videos his eyes refuse to open. What even is going on? He looks drugged or ill.
Also this shrill cringey fake campy idiot has some nerve to talk about bad dye jobs and tone when his hair is this grayish white disaster.

ueru18
Learner
Learner

Post by ueru18 »

lol at his newest video were he goes undercover, his responses were so cringy. Of course he doesn't want anyone ever to have dark hair, but I was surprised he told that girl not to get a bobcut, I wonder why he never posts his work since he always talks about people "coming into the salon"

slc_chick
Talker
Talker

Post by slc_chick »

So Brad reacting to Jenna Marbles making a wig came up in my recommended. The first three minutes of his vids are literally him just being a twat and the last two minutes are the same. He has virtually no actual content.

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Screechy fake giggle hand waving Mondo. Cuz that not trite ...cliched ... and camp as fuck.

Also his hair has always looked like shit and everyone he’s made overs hair has looked like actual diarrhea

Return to “A-E”