Brad Mondo

ezyeez1
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Brad Mondo

Post by ezyeez1 »

Couldnt find a trash thread so i made one. This guys literally the most obnoxious person in youtube.

So elitist about how you cant have good hair unless you go to a salon and freaks out whenever someone hes reacting to says theyre buying drug store bleach like ??? Half the time the peoples hair turns out fine as well? Newsflash, bleaching hair isnt that difficult at all and hairdressing isnt a difficult skill either. Pretty much everyone hes reacted to thats fried their hair has admitted they know itll happen but theyre taking the risk because theyre stubborn and desperate. Nothing about that indicates an inherent risk in using home dye like millions of people have successfully done. So much entitlement but his hair is usually pretty bad and illfitting for him.

Also made a video about undertones but he got even his own undertone wrong? Anytime hes tried to explain anything at all about hair dye hes been like "yeah sorry that was really technical and scientific you guys probably dont understand" literally all you said was follicle and hydrogen peroxide, youre not a chemistry major, shut up and stop being so patronizing

Also the thing i hate most is him making fun of women crying and being upset that their hair has been drastically cut off. Hes a man who has short hair in a culture that ways men should have short hair. Unwillingly losing 20 inches of your hair when youre a woman is pretty traumatic in a society thatll assume youre a gender ambigous sjw and not to mention how self esteem destroying it can be for women who are very feminine and want to express that phsyically but cant because theyve burned their hair off. "Omggg here come the waterworks... GET OVER IT" so unempathetic, like wow a bitchy gay male how originaaaaal and rare!!

Id give him at least some props for being an ass all the time because at least itd be an honest display about his character but he always puts on some weird cheery voice "omg yes i actually love her shes so cute shes serving looks yaaaas *claps hands* honey *claps hands* live your extra life" like its actually a joke? Such an obvious backup that he can use for when people comment about how he is insanely catty (ive actually never a more horriblely mean teenage girl) he can just fall back and claim his fake, forced and belittling compliments balance out how rude he is.

No idea how people like him. Hes actually insufferable. Wish someone actually remotely enjoyable made videos like his because ill admit its actually a good video concept.

Snack Provider
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brad Mondo

Post by Snack Provider »

FYI, he has a thread, viewtopic.php?t=33269

ezyeez1
Debater
Debater

Post by ezyeez1 »

Snack Provider wrote:FYI, he has a thread, viewtopic.php?t=33269

Thats a rave thread

Snack Provider
Learner
Learner

Post by Snack Provider »

ezyeez1 wrote:
Snack Provider wrote:FYI, he has a thread, viewtopic.php?t=33269

Thats a rave thread
Sorry, didn't realize it!

BTW, Shannon Vanfleet has some videos similar to Brad, she reacts to people who experienced a hair fail and explains what happened, and why.

Elturtleo
Learner
Learner

Post by Elturtleo »

He always understands when men freak the fuck out over their hair too. And the bleaching thing is too true, I did it a few days ago with an $8 box, coconut oil, and toner. My hairs still nice and feels healthy. The number of arrogant hairdressers like him turned me off from going to cosmetology school and I wanted to do nails. His merch is awful, I can't stand the logo at all. It's just so badly done imo.

unoriginalusername
Talker
Talker

Post by unoriginalusername »

I've been looking for this thread, just commented on the rave as didn't realise there was a trash.

He needs to post some videos of him cutting someone's hair, I think it would give his channel a bit more credibility.

Right now it seems to just be him reacting to hair videos, with the odd Barbie video/hair extension video. Would be better if we could see how good a hairdresser he is

ezyeez1
Debater
Debater

Post by ezyeez1 »

You'd think such an experienced and amazing hairdresser would realise bleach blonde hair, tan skin and dark eyebrows is an unworkable combo.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

following

bvajne
Talker
Talker

Post by bvajne »

He's so repetitive it is unreal. He doesn't actually show whether he's good or not. Just cos you did cosmetology at school, it doesn't me you are a pro. Also, the fact that he has no pictures of his clients hair, just of his face on instagram, shows unprofessionalism and a high sense of arrogance and narcissism. FAIL.
English is not my first language

seymorebuttz
Learner
Learner

Post by seymorebuttz »

^^^ this, his videos are so lazy, he never puts any actually effort into his videos. Like, it doesn't matter if it's a hairdresser reacting if the hairdresser is only going "yaassss". It just seems like he hopped on the youtube bandwagon, found his niche and by god he's gonna stick with it.

bvajne
Talker
Talker

Post by bvajne »

Agreed. I cannot stand the tackiness of his merch too! How do all these mediocre youtubers end up getting all these merch deals. They are a waste of money as I guarantee not many people buy them. I find it highly unethical too, as most purchases probably are made by children's parents for their child or teenagers. No grown ass adult who earns their money would buy low quality tacky made in china crap for a sky high price (with some exceptions ofc). The nerve of these fame hungry youtubers exploiting people is beyond tacky.

Elturtleo
Learner
Learner

Post by Elturtleo »

I just wanna put a couple things out there towards cosmetology school. Firstly, plenty of them teaches you enough to just pass. Usually state school programs. Secondly, the one I wanted to attend offers help with social media building and provides space for you to post pictures of clients. It could very well be he cheaped out on his education. I'm sure these teens will get bored of him in the next couple of years, his content is just repeating things and won't be trendy for long.

TheOneWhoJustCouldnt
Debater
Debater

Post by TheOneWhoJustCouldnt »

He's so obnoxious, I can't imagine how annoying he must be in real life.
All his videos are the same. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a "reacting to my hate on a gossip site" video in the future lol.

Ponine
Learner
Learner

Post by Ponine »

I wish he would do a video of him bleaching someone's hair, I don't recall any evidence he actually can do hair. I checked his instagram and I saw couple hair pictures and the ones I clicked on were only assisted by him. If he's a professional shouldn't he have an instagram for hair done by him only? Or any online portfolio? I couldn't find anything saying even where he was working.

And he is annoying and obnoxious and idk full of himself? There is something off about him for me. And the reactions are always so repetitive. "O Girl, she is going to fuck her hair up" "Ahh?! It came out pretty good. That's a look."

And the fact he has merch annoys me :roll: bvajne already said all that I would've said
bvajne wrote:Agreed. I cannot stand the tackiness of his merch too! How do all these mediocre youtubers end up getting all these merch deals. They are a waste of money as I guarantee not many people buy them. I find it highly unethical too, as most purchases probably are made by children's parents for their child or teenagers. No grown ass adult who earns their money would buy low quality tacky made in china crap for a sky high price (with some exceptions ofc). The nerve of these fame hungry youtubers exploiting people is beyond tacky.

notnot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by notnot »

Soo..I watched his video on the hairstyles from Japan, his reactions were the same as always, but ahhh that hair was awesome. I think it would be a good idea for him to do something more creative on his channel. These reaction videos will get old really fast!!! I think he did a few hair videos, but I almost feel like there is more videos of him doing Barbie/doll makeovers than him working with real human hair :rofl:

I do not understand why he won't use the fame he has now for self advertisement..like Guy Tang. Show the talent! Do not just mention in your videos how so and so should hire you! based on what?! words words words..

( I actually do enjoy watching him, but I will leave those comments for the rave section. :P )

LeGarconBleu
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LeGarconBleu »

I honestly got cringe vibes from his Japan video, the way he just kept saying everyone was sooooo cute and adorable. IDK, maybe i'm the only one.

I think he's trying to move away from reaction vids with his hair vitamin and healthy hair experiment. But you can see from the numbers people want to see his reactions.

In the rave thread, I had mentioned that the contest winner has super short hair, so he's either going to have to do a crazy dye job or adding extensions to create an interesting video. I'm interested to see what happens.

LeGarconBleu
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LeGarconBleu »

Sorry for the double post...

This is a bit OT:
One of the people Brad reacted to is allegedly a pedophile! Let me preface, obviously, this is not something Brad would have any knowledge of but this guy is weird!! Apparently, he had an apology video but was taken down.

[video][/video]

ezyeez1
Debater
Debater

Post by ezyeez1 »

When he couldnt understand that he needed to braid his hair in that braiding tutorial :roll:

bvajne
Talker
Talker

Post by bvajne »

"I swear I'm a good hairdresser". Dude you can't even braid your hair and brush that fugly wig!

Boots22
Learner
Learner

Post by Boots22 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sk83Y1xHRn4 He posted a video of him bleaching his best friends hair a while back. The only problem I have is his friend wanted to go from dark brown hair to a lighter brown and Brad decided to give his friend platinum blond hair without permission. I would be livid if my best friend decided to do such a thing. Also I feel as if Brad's obession with everyome having platinum blond hair is quite similar to Cristine (SimplyNailogical)'s obession to everything being holographic or "holo".

Return to “A-E”