Allegra Shaw/ allegralouise

someonenice
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Allegra Shaw/ allegralouise

Post by someonenice »

Anyone else got annoyed with her skincare video last week? She's such a hypocrite for posting it. I watch most, if not all, of her videos - and I like them. I get that some people think she's bitchy, full of herself, privileged, etc... And maybe she is idk.
What I wanted to say - her skin doesn't look good in her videos. She complains about it in every vlog she makes. She always covers it up pretty good during the day, takes all these staged photos, etc. And I get it, it's her job and she makes money. But, posting a skincare video when clearly she gets so upset with her skin (in the vlogs) but claims in the video that those products helped her etc? Come on, Allegra.

Post by Guest »

sofetchxox wrote:
dontmakememakeyou wrote:i noticed alex centomo copied allegra's thumbnail for her new video... i can't remember which video of allegras it was atm but it was a morning routine i think and alex just uploaded a night routine with a nearly identical thumbnail. wonder if allegra's going to notice/say something.
Oh yeah it totally is exactly the same as one of her old thumbnails. I’ve never heard of this youtuber thoigh. Is she Toronto-Based/worth watching?
i think she's canadian but i only just started watching her so i have no idea. seems like there's a thread for her on here though!

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade »

someonenice wrote:Anyone else got annoyed with her skincare video last week? She's such a hypocrite for posting it. I watch most, if not all, of her videos - and I like them. I get that some people think she's bitchy, full of herself, privileged, etc... And maybe she is idk.
What I wanted to say - her skin doesn't look good in her videos. She complains about it in every vlog she makes. She always covers it up pretty good during the day, takes all these staged photos, etc. And I get it, it's her job and she makes money. But, posting a skincare video when clearly she gets so upset with her skin (in the vlogs) but claims in the video that those products helped her etc? Come on, Allegra.
I was thinking the exact same thing! It really bothers me when YouTubers who constantly complain about their skin and have problematic skin share their "skincare routine". And especially when they're not knowledgeable about skincare (like mixing vitamin C and niacinamide). I've noticed most of those videos seem to be sponsored by dermalogica, too.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

Thoughts on her new hair? I think the brown looks good!

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

sofetchxox wrote:Thoughts on her new hair? I think the brown looks good!
I like it too! She didn't upload the best photo for the debut but it looks fine in her stories. The color will fade a bit obviously. Maybe it will start looking a little healthier because her hair is very stringy 80s rocker vibes.

Wow people are being assholes in the comments about it not being blonde anymore ImageImage

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

I think the brown looks terrible.

mimipartytime123
Learner
Learner

Post by mimipartytime123 »

Did anyone see that quick insta story today? Her face looks like he has fillers or something and that would explain her being MIA on Youtube and not really showing her face in her newest pics. Probably hoping it settles before she shows her face again. Maybe I'm reaching.....

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

mimipartytime123 wrote:Did anyone see that quick insta story today? Her face looks like he has fillers or something and that would explain her being MIA on Youtube and not really showing her face in her newest pics. Probably hoping it settles before she shows her face again. Maybe I'm reaching.....
The one that is up right now? It looks like she got her lips filled again or touched up.

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

She will have blonde hair in a few months regardless :D + some other enhancements that she thinks they would make her prettier.

gooroosphailin
Informer
Informer

Post by gooroosphailin »

Just saw the Insta pics, the brown looks awful.

hotbat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hotbat »

so glad i found this thread!! i liked watching vlogmas but holy shit i hate her boyfriend.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

hotbat wrote:so glad i found this thread!! i liked watching vlogmas but holy shit i hate her boyfriend.
Welcome! He creeps me out

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

She posted skin update on her IG story, and out of those 16 products that she recommended in her sponsored video by dermatologica she is using 2 products. TWO :D

CrazyCapric0rn
Talker
Talker

Post by CrazyCapric0rn »

I recently started watching Allegra after hearing many people hype her up ... I just want to say what's the hype? I'm not sure how she got her following but am I missing something here? To me it seems like she's just another blonde insta fashion girl. Is it her personality? I'm genuinely confused

Also, I couldn't help but notice that she moved into a new place and bought temporary furniture? She's already replacing her ikea stuff and I just can't help but think how wasteful that is. Why not just wait it out a bit for your furniture to arrive? I noticed she's also replacing the coffee table and all the chairs. If that's the case then damn these influencers really got money to throw around. I wish I was on that influencer gravy boat. Most young people in Toronto can barely afford their own apartment yet alone 2 sets of furniture :?

Anyone know how long she's been with her bf? Can't help but notice that she is way out of his league... maybe he's really charming irl.

Overall, she seems like a sweet girl I'm just so confused about why she's getting all the hype she is.

mcr88
Stalker
Stalker

Post by mcr88 »

I have to say I really don’t understand what she’s going for in terms of interior design. I thought her choices in her last place were very cohesive and thoughtful. Makes me sad she’s chucking out all those pieces in favor of disjointed-looking and much less stylish (imo) replacements. It just seems so hurried. Also those white bar stools she just got from ikea just to have for two weeks only to replace with other defective ones? it just seems like she’s taken by all these free offers and isn’t making thoughtful measured decisions.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

CrazyCapric0rn wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:59 am
I recently started watching Allegra after hearing many people hype her up ... I just want to say what's the hype? I'm not sure how she got her following but am I missing something here? To me it seems like she's just another blonde insta fashion girl. Is it her personality? I'm genuinely confused

Also, I couldn't help but notice that she moved into a new place and bought temporary furniture? She's already replacing her ikea stuff and I just can't help but think how wasteful that is. Why not just wait it out a bit for your furniture to arrive? I noticed she's also replacing the coffee table and all the chairs. If that's the case then damn these influencers really got money to throw around. I wish I was on that influencer gravy boat. Most young people in Toronto can barely afford their own apartment yet alone 2 sets of furniture :?

Anyone know how long she's been with her bf? Can't help but notice that she is way out of his league... maybe he's really charming irl.

Overall, she seems like a sweet girl I'm just so confused about why she's getting all the hype she is.
When I started watching her I loved her changing outfit videos, that she lived in toronto (so I recognized the locations in her vlogs) and thought her personality was cute. I vibe less and less with her personality over time, but those were the reasons I initially followed her.

As for her and Joey, I think she’s mentioned they’ve been together officially for a few years (maybe 2?) and we’re f*** buddies for a while before that (they met in college). I’ve met them both in real life and honestly he’s very charming and friendly in person, seems like a genuinely good dude. (She’s very quiet in person.) He also has a fashion brand so I’m sure it helps to date someone else who’s into fashion and the business side of things.

As for the furniture, I agree it’s a little weird. And I seriously miss her old velvet couch and the red art print above it. It was such a look! The new living room set up is ugly to me, especially the two chairs. But maybe once it’s all pulled together it will be better?

astarisborn
Talker
Talker

Post by astarisborn »

Ugh her Paris vlog was kind of sad and was kind of the final nail in the coffin for me unsubscribing. She spent $7k on this trip just to get rejected from shows that were probably out of her reach. Her numbers and reach aren't even close to good enough to go to any of the shows she wants to and openly admitting she's just taking photos in front of the shows but not going is super sad and thirsty. Also she seems so oblivious to the streets being closed due to a political protest like "Yay photo op for meee!" strikes me as so ignorant.

kathbus
Learner
Learner

Post by kathbus »

astarisborn wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 pm
Ugh her Paris vlog was kind of sad and was kind of the final nail in the coffin for me unsubscribing. She spent $7k on this trip just to get rejected from shows that were probably out of her reach. Her numbers and reach aren't even close to good enough to go to any of the shows she wants to and openly admitting she's just taking photos in front of the shows but not going is super sad and thirsty. Also she seems so oblivious to the streets being closed due to a political protest like "Yay photo op for meee!" strikes me as so ignorant.
YES I'm so glad someone else commented on this.

So I'm a newcomer to Allegra, I found her off the Allana Davison boards. I'm not really sure what her story is-- but I'm going to Paris in the next month or so and was intrigued to see her experience. And she made Paris look SAD. For one the actual vlog was super disjointed and weirdly cut off-- going from music to one scene where they're going somewhere without any kind of resolution? They seemed to aimlessly wander with no plan and went to places multiple times that were closed. It honestly seemed like a massive Freudian slip on how the influencer world "looks" cool but is actually empty and low key chaotic. No thanks.

superficialthings
Informer
Informer

Post by superficialthings »

astarisborn wrote:
What in the world did she spend $7k on?

astarisborn
Talker
Talker

Post by astarisborn »

superficialthings wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:48 am
astarisborn wrote:
What in the world did she spend $7k on?
Flights and accommodations lol

Return to “A-E”