Re: BEAUTY NEWS (Hailey & Kat)

Post by fiona2323 »

They are very expensive woow.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

How many plants does Hailey need!? She must have spent thousands on all the plants and lights. Its just too much. I would be saving every dollar, especially in these times. You just never know when you may need it.

I love dogs, but a German shepherd needs a bigger backyard to run around in.

Kunty_Brewster
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kunty_Brewster »

I just watched her video called mundane vlog #104 and she has acquired even more plants. So new puppy and more plants. I also watched her update on her most recent haul,she did seem happy with the Charlotte Tilbury products.

Yey
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yey »

I just watched Kat's Mac lipstick declutter and idk if it's a matter of taste, but her makeup looks were sooo bad. Especially the ones of the day she tried all the lipsticks, she's wearing so much bronzer she doesn't even look the same person, the eyeshadow was way too cool for the bronzed look, it was a mess.

Kirina
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kirina »

I wish they brought makeupbreakup back permanently. I mean that’s why I liked them in the first place. Especially how much concealer and how much eyeliner is in things.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Well we just got one new MakeupBreakup. I know Australia has had some lockdowns, but they were on no lockdowns for six months and yet they were still doing the Zoom style vids. I’m not sure if Kat just doesn’t want Hailey coming over to film or Hailey doesn’t want to go. But the videos just don’t work so well trying not to talk over each other on Zoom, and looking at their phones when the other one is talking.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 am
Well we just got one new MakeupBreakup. I know Australia has had some lockdowns, but they were on no lockdowns for six months and yet they were still doing the Zoom style vids. I’m not sure if Kat just doesn’t want Hailey coming over to film or Hailey doesn’t want to go. But the videos just don’t work so well trying not to talk over each other on Zoom, and looking at their phones when the other one is talking.
Kat and Hailey both live in Melbourne. Unfortunately Melbourne has had outbreaks for the last 18 months or so and have been in lockdown. At some stage they were not allowed to travel outside 10km from your house and/or meet up with someone outside your bubble. They are being Covid safe.

Kirina
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kirina »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 am
Well we just got one new MakeupBreakup.
What did you think? It was definitely interesting. Though I am not on the liquid blush trend so I would not buy a product like this anyway.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

They do a good job with MakeupBreakup. It’s kinda ASMR so fun to watch. I sorta feel like Beauty News is winding down, they are bored of doing the content and are talking about starting other businesses.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

The Boring Brands/Wine Time video was long but better than Beauty News has been, where I could see Kat making a very obvious effort not to interrupt Hailey and not sit looking at a phone while she’s talking which is what Hailey does. They both seemed a bit more engaged in the content than has been the case over the past year. I still think they are winding down the channel but at least they seem more interested than they have in awhile.

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

For some reason in the last makeupnews I noticed Hailey’s fake top teeth. Has she always had them? Thy look too big for her mouth.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

SylvieMoon wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:07 pm
For some reason in the last makeupnews I noticed Hailey’s fake top teeth. Has she always had them? Thy look too big for her mouth.
She said in a video the first set she had was temporary veneers, and she expected to get the permanent set which is I believe what she has now. I am not fully sure because of the lockdowns in Melbourne, but I seem to recall her saying not long ago she spent a fortune on her teeth and she is now building her savings back up.

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

Just started to watch their awards video, got half way through and had to switch it off. Hailey is just so insufferable, complaining whenever a vote outcome is different to hers. When she was talking about the Hindash palette saying how it’s not rocket science that people didn’t know how to use it she couldn’t have come across anymore gross and condescending. What a horrible person she seems.

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

Alliecat_57 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:28 pm
Just started to watch their awards video, got half way through and had to switch it off. Hailey is just so insufferable, complaining whenever a vote outcome is different to hers. When she was talking about the Hindash palette saying how it’s not rocket science that people didn’t know how to use it she couldn’t have come across anymore gross and condescending. What a horrible person she seems.
I think they are both over it. Kat has a kid now and she said in one of her videos that she's moved house.

Maybe it is time for them to call it a day.

nervosidad
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nervosidad »

Alliecat_57 wrote:
She also made a comment about buying plastic for your and the planets lifetime when Kat was talking about the Sigma Switch in a condescending way. The same person who buys everything in excess and waits until things are too old/off to declutter them so they have to just be thrown in a landfill.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

snap2it wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:54 pm
Alliecat_57 wrote:
I think they are both over it. Kat has a kid now and she said in one of her videos that she's moved house.

Maybe it is time for them to call it a day.
I had the same thought. They both hardly seem interested any longer. They feature the same mid-tier brands of makeup year after year that they both won’t even buy anymore, that aren’t selling well, and so they conclude people in general aren’t buying makeup. Meanwhile you can’t buy anything new Dior because it sells out so quick. The action is all in the high and low price points that Kat and Hailey pay no attention to.

Their huge views were for their Makeup Breakup videos which they don’t seem to want to do any longer. For awhile they claimed lockdowns were the reason, but after that passed they still don’t put any new breakup vids out.

I sort of felt Kat wanted to keep up Beauty News as her at-home job. But she maybe needed Hailey to step up more and help with editing and content, at least during the first baby year, and Hailey didn’t want to do it. Kat strikes me as a person who knows how to go to work everyday as a discipline, doing a job even if you don’t enjoy it 100%, but Hailey hasn’t done that life. Hailey’s vlogs are full of things like "I can’t keep my room clean and organized" and "I didn’t get up til 11:30" and "I hardly wear makeup these days." Kat reports wearing makeup daily and keeps up her house. Just two different people really.

Bonki
Informer
Informer

Post by Bonki »

nervosidad wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:44 am
Alliecat_57 wrote:
She also made a comment about buying plastic for your and the planets lifetime when Kat was talking about the Sigma Switch in a condescending way. The same person who buys everything in excess and waits until things are too old/off to declutter them so they have to just be thrown in a landfill.
This! I got so frustrated when they where shitting on makeuprevolution while I just a couple of days ago watch her throw away unused lipstick that had gone bad because she had too many! What does it matter if you buy 20 highend palettes or 20 revolution palettes if you are gonna throw them away anyways? And then they lowkey defends colorpop?? They should justs admit they hate revolution because they feel above it. So ridiculous!

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

The reality is no matter what makeup it is, lipsticks or palettes, high or low end, they all have to be tossed. Lipsticks go first, palettes maybe you’ve got 5 years if you are stretching it. They really fell into a buying hole. It’s just a matter of when in terms of all of it getting thrown out.

I used to really enjoy weekly Beauty News even if I didn’t care for any of the makeup. Now I look at the videos and think "oh it’s 40 minutes long" and I can’t bring myself to watch most of them. Not sure why, it’s maybe they don’t seem like they are having fun. They used to be funny and light. I sometimes watch their individual 10 minute videos. Anything longer though I just can’t get through.

Bonki
Informer
Informer

Post by Bonki »

Thb they need a break, they got so negative in the end. Though they admited it was never intended to be like a job, which I feel like is a bit of a missed opportunity. I'm a bit surprised that no one else on youtube does Beauty news. Feels like easy content to do with endless stuff to talk about.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I just don’t see the point of a monthly long video, nothing is news anymore. The social media they borrow from and post to themselves are long past, people have commented on the releases, and anything of interest has sold out. It’s totally a missed opportunity.

Their big collections are such a huge problem, and really just show the identity crisis their channels have and why they are so jaded. They are stuck. They have over 100 palettes each, but then focus on Project Panning?? Kat spent an entire year using just 2 old Lorac palettes. Even if they use a different palette every week that’s only half or less of their collections. I don’t see the point of project panning two things when your collection of 200 just sits in drawers unused and deteriorating.

Panning and hoarding are like polar opposite behaviors. If you are a panner great, you need 5-10 palettes for the next 5 years and they will fit in a shoe box with room to spare. If you wanna be that big makeup collector then figure out how a makeup collector can manage to enjoy a whole collection, and edit down so it’s possible, "here is what I’m using for fall this year."

Return to “A-E”