BEAUTY NEWS (Hailey & Kat)

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: BEAUTY NEWS (Hailey & Kat)

Post by WORDSALAD »

AppleBlossom wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:18 pm
Could they be any more oblivious and/or up Jeffree Star's ass in their new video? They are total apologists for him. Appalling.
I think it's more that they're total Twati stans and will basically parrot back everything she says.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Meomix »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:13 am
AppleBlossom wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:18 pm
Could they be any more oblivious and/or up Jeffree Star's ass in their new video? They are total apologists for him. Appalling.
I think it's more that they're total Twati stans and will basically parrot back everything she says.
There is so much ass kissing on this youtube platform that i don't think anybody bothers to come up for air.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Shit someone just told me they sent a load of aussie sweets over to Angelica nyqvist (what is the with all the smaller/mid tier circlejerk influencers doing this??) 🙄🙄🙄 you oughta know these three self righteous hacks would be fans of one another......
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

Omg so normally i watch them and feel pretty neutral, but I lost it when they started explaining why they don't like the weed themed products, saying something about "the kind of people" they know of that smoke - so ignorant and judgemental!! It's 2019 for fucks sake, i get it isn't legal in Australia but their mindset is stuck in the 80s! So idiotic. And to also claim that brands are doing it to be edgy is stupid when a. weed is legal in some states where the products are created, so is a valid as inspiration as any, and b. cannabis oil has proven benefits! I'm very turned off by the 4/20 discussion, i usually was happy to watch the episodes while doing my make up so I could hear what was being released, but now I don't feel like I have the stamina to ensure their "important stance" on everything.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ I don't like weed themed products. I think it's unnecessary. And I *do* think the brands that do it *are trying to be e d g y (whether weed is legal in their country/state or not - I would feel the same with booze and that's legal everywhere). It's just kinda tacky to me tbh.

They have every right to feel the same way and express their opinion.

HOWEVER the *way* they do this - constantly and repeatedly - Harping on judgementally, rolling their eyes etc. Lecturing their viewers etc. It just infuriates me. Let people think for themselves ladies. Why are they so irritated by people not thinking the way they do??

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:55 am
^^^ I don't like weed themed products. I think it's unnecessary. And I *do* think the brands that do it *are trying to be e d g y (whether weed is legal in their country/state or not - I would feel the same with booze and that's legal everywhere). It's just kinda tacky to me tbh.

They have every right to feel the same way and express their opinion.

HOWEVER the *way* they do this - constantly and repeatedly - Harping on judgementally, rolling their eyes etc. Lecturing their viewers etc. It just infuriates me. Let people think for themselves ladies. Why are they so irritated by people not thinking the way they do??
It annoys me too and I'm not someone who would buy a weed themed palette. I think I might have decided to not purchase one recently despite liking the colors, because I didn't like the marijuana leaf on the cover or pressed into the shadows.

Buuuuuuuut I don't give a flying crap what anyone else does with their life or does or does not buy. If people don't want it, the brands will stop making it.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember them making a big deal out of another brand having a couple of drug themed shade names. It might have been Urban Decay and cocaine or heroin related. In my opinion, if someone is going to end up a drug addict, it is probably related to larger issues in their personal life than a themed eyeshadow.

spacecupcake
Learner
Learner

Post by spacecupcake »

Hello!!! :D :love2:

So as you can see, I'm not really a poster but more of a massive lurker, I don't watch a lot of youtube so I feel I don't have anything to bring to the discussion in the many threads I lurk in, but I still read them because I find them a lot more hilarious, informative and entertaining than any of the gooroos out there could ever hope to be!!!

But I have been watching Beauty News since last august, I thought they were sassy and fun and kept me up to date on all the new makeup releases without hyping them up and trying to get us to buy buy buy... I finally took the plunge this week and decided to read this thread, and learned about the "people with fair skin also need shades [...] [POC] do need to be included and they are" comments which got me to unsuscribe right there and then. But even before I stopped watching them there was still a few things that were feeling iffy about them and their channel (sorry this is long):

- First the pink elephant in the room :ele: : Jeffrey Star.
I understand featuring his brand on the Beauty News segment itself, but his stuff is constantly on the Makeup Breakup and the mystery box unboxings too, and I remember them getting really defensive about it, basically like "well we know people are upset about seeing his stuff on our channel but for the Makeup Breakup we pick interesting products and his are always original and interesting so it's not our fault for featuring his products, we'll stop if his releases become boring" (not an exact quote). Like, WHAT? What a weird excuse and way to deflect the blame... if you support his nasty ass, just ADMIT it, he still has plenty of fans out there who don't mind!!! But it's like they're trying to play both team and aren't acknowledging that they are turning a lot of their subscribbers off by doing it...
And like they featured the Alien palette on the Makeup Breakup and I don't see what's original about it, it's just eyeshadow?? Same with most of his products that they show on the Makeup Breakup actually, it feels like the stuff from any other brand they destroy has to be a lot more unique than his to be featured, which is why I really don't understand their excuse...
And after defending this release so much 2 weeks ago that they need a prescription strengh chapstick after kissing Joffrey's butt so much, I bet that his Dollar store dildo concealers will pop up on the Makeup Breakup and they'll prove to us that you get sooooo much more product than advertised and that we shouldn't be nasty bitches about the lack of product for the price :barf:
Also now they won't even mention Kat von D on their channel (it was clearly their fondation that they used to test the Super Sponge) but mentionning, featuring and defending Jeffrey so much is all fine and dandy? Ok then... :?

- Second : the Makeup Breakup and how "they destroy things so we can learn something". :roll:
I remember their wine time "answering hate comments" or something and they talked about their beef with Rich Lux over the destroying of the Jeffrey Star highlighters, I have no dog in this fight but when Hayley (the "mastermind" behind the Makeup Breakup) picked appart the interview he did when he said people liked this kind of videos because it felt satusfying to watch and kinda like ASMR, she went off on him saying something like "he clearly has no vision and is just copying us after seeing how well recieved our videos are, he has no idea what he is talking about, I have a vision and this is why I created the Makeup Breakup". Umm... what vision Hayley? You always introduce each episode with "we're gonna destroy makeup so we can learn something" but we barely ever learn anything?? Like ok I can give it to them for when they reweigh product, but doesn't this vary from batch to batch? Most of it is just interesting or fun to look at being destroyed, and it's ok!!! It's why it's so popular (and Rich Lux's destroyings are too), but stop pretending to be on an important scientific mission when you do it!!!
Also, they use to repress stuff and say "look we're not wasting it we're reusing it" but they really don't bother anymore AT ALL, and running the Chloe Kardashian Becca highlighting XOXO thingies with their car was just the cherry on top, not only it wasn't interesting to watch at all and a complete waste (they could have ground it up to turn it into powder then maybe repressed it into a compact and see how it performs now), but also could have so easily sanetized it and given it away to someone who might want it...

- Third : the constant whining and complaing about weed themed makeup and skin care.
I am a happy Canadian recreational pot smoker and their attitude is ughh :( like biatchyhoney said, it's like their mentality is stuck in the 80s! It's not that they have an opinion different than my own, even though it's frustrating to be seen as a criminal for smoking weed, or be compared to someone really hurting themselves by binge drinking, but they're really pushing it down our throat in a condesending manner, and they are judgamental about not only weed themed cosmetics but weed smokers as well, they should stay in their lane!!! :-x
(WORLDSALAD this is not a dig at you as I also compare smoking to drinking, it's just that Kat literally said compared smoking weed to BINGE drinking, which is an entirely different matter, just like someone who smokes weed excessively)

- Fourth : they (Kat) have an accute case of Stephanie Nicolitis, the desease that make you answer only "hate" comments.
It's such a shame when this happens but come on you have mostly comments praising you, yet you choose to only respond to the ones that are negative or even just questioning you to go off on them. I understand that Kat takes pleasure in doing this and this is how she gets her "tough bitch with tough skin" cred (yeah right :roll: ) but COME ON this is a huge turn off to all the people praising them and their channel because they are never being ackowledged. Even their "VIP of the week" (PAYING suscribers :o ) barely gets any attention from them as opposed to the "haters".
They get so defensive about any little advice they get, like when people suggest doing different things for the Makeup Breakup they go all "well this is a kitchen not a professionnal lab" YOU DON'T SAY!!! And now that they're getting donations their public has EVERY right to ask better of them, it's their damn job now, a path that they chose!!!

- Fifth : they take donations from their suscribers AAAAARRRRRRGGGGG :hail:
Like fuuuuuuuck they barely do anything, I thought they worked hard but I learned here that they get all their infos through on their facebook group. They accept donations now but keep joking around in their videos about getting demonetized!!! How about they stop drooping C-bombs all the freaking time so they can make money from ads and not their suscribbers??? This is just wrong...

Ok I think I'm done now... Hope you don't mind me!
Btw Meowmix and WORLDSALAD I see you guys all the time in many threads I lurk at, it's really nice (and a little intimidating) to finally interact in a thread with you!!! The Tati thread is an absolute RIOT and I lurk everyday even though I never watched Tati :P

EDIT: Holy cow this is really freaking long :eeek:

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

spacecupcake wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:44 pm
Hello!!! :D :love2:

So as you can see, I'm not really a poster but more of a massive lurker, I don't watch a lot of youtube so I feel I don't have anything to bring to the discussion in the many threads I lurk in, but I still read them because I find them a lot more hilarious, informative and entertaining than any of the gooroos out there could ever hope to be!!!
Honestly, I think lots of us don't watch much of the people we bash any more. But you can still bash them from afar cause they're so fucking ridiculous. Much love (and sympathy) has to go out to the people who still hate-watch in order to give us info tbh.
spacecupcake wrote:Also now they won't even mention Kat von D on their channel (it was clearly their fondation that they used to test the Super Sponge) but mentionning, featuring and defending Jeffrey so much is all fine and dandy? Ok then... :?
Yeah exactly. This double standard is fucking me off with regard to almost everyone I still watch these days, tbh. There are a few stalwarts left who just won't mention any of these problematic twats (or mention them disparagingly) but most people play along with the hatred de rigueur (KVD at the moment) yet seem to completely forget that JS hasn't stopped being racist and Doe Deere hasn't stopped finding Nazism amusing.

Jeffree Star = views. Plain and simple. Do they admit it? - Actually in a roundabout way I suppose they do, which I have to give them credit for (unlike say Jen Luvs Drama who just hedges around the subject, obfuscates and creates shady charity 'collab' campaigns in order to stay fake woke). I mean.... K&H are still fake woke though. They are.
spacecupcake wrote: it's frustrating to be seen as a criminal for smoking weed, or be compared to someone really hurting themselves by binge drinking, but they're really pushing it down our throat in a condesending manner, and they are judgamental about not only weed themed cosmetics but weed smokers as well, they should stay in their lane!!! :-x
(WORLDSALAD this is not a dig at you as I also compare smoking to drinking, it's just that Kat literally said compared smoking weed to BINGE drinking, which is an entirely different matter, just like someone who smokes weed excessively)
I feel you on all counts, no worries. Hey man I love weed (even though it doesn't seem to work on me for some reason, and I EAT THAT SHIT - I can't bear to smoke it, there's something about inhaling substances that gives me the heebies and well.... makes me feel sick basically). I just think the slapping it all over everything and using it to sell a completely unrelated product is tacky. Honestly though a big part of my reaction is plain simple contrarianism, like the brands are saying - look! we are so cool! we like weed! - and I'm like yeah so does everyone you aren't getting my money *eyeroll*

To be fair to them I think there's a fair bit of this in Kat and Hailey's reaction too but it's mixed with a considerable amount of snobbiness and ignorance, so when they go on their little rants... well, they *rant*. Watching them is like being in a 'drugs are bad mmmkay' talk at school. Except most teachers have done drugs themselves at some point and are a little more laid back than K&H :rofl:

Don't get me started on the defensiveness and comment replies and the donations thing. I can't even read your post again because it will start to make me angry as I get PTSD rage from before I stopped watching them. Honestly they make me RAGE -- funnily enough more than Tati (who is my absolute fave <3 ) because her I can just laugh at knowing she is completely deluded (it's her STANS I get angry with, and I think we can count K7H in their number), but them..... they honestly just think they're better than everyone else.
spacecake wrote:Btw Meowmix and WORLDSALAD I see you guys all the time in many threads I lurk at, it's really nice (and a little intimidating) to finally interact in a thread with you!!! The Tati thread is an absolute RIOT and I lurk everyday even though I never watched Tati :P
Well thanks, I haven't been around long myself actually I'm just obsessed with this place so now I bet it seems like I'm part of the furniture :P The Tati thread is like my internet bolthole. I go there to vent my frustrations at the fact that world has seemingly gone mad. Tati is worshipped like Cleopatra by her little minions - the ones building her temples by buying her bullshit.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

They scraped off a palette cover to know if Tarte use unused cover and all the comments on the video about how they don't care.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ eh?
They wanted to see what was under the label a la colourpop Kathleen lights?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Congrats, dumbass sponsors. This is what your money is doing.

Lucille Bluth
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucille Bluth »

Hailey is a hoarder - flat out. Also, no amount of makeup or expensive brushes will fix her mug and shitty personality.

spacecupcake
Learner
Learner

Post by spacecupcake »

Lucille Bluth wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm
Hailey is a hoarder - flat out. Also, no amount of makeup or expensive brushes will fix her mug and shitty personality.
YES! And she always talk about the landfill, like as such a massive makeup hoarder she's more part of the solution than the problem... NOT! Getting on her high horse about the landfill only when it comes to poducts she's not interested in or doesn't like the packaging of, is not doing her part for the planet by spreading awareness, it's just a way to get brownie points from their viewers.
(I use to eat it up myself and really appreciate her for it, until I realised she's a freaking hoarder thanks to you guys)

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

I really want to know if these two harpies got in any way involved in Dramageddon 2.0. Given Cristine's pro-Tati stance I imagine they jumped on board with the Eternal Victeem stanning, but has anyone still been watching their videos to tell me for sure?

I just want to feel vindicated, completely and finally, that I stopped watching these two bitches months ago 😂

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

spacecupcake wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:11 pm
Lucille Bluth wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm
YES! And she always talk about the landfill, like as such a massive makeup hoarder she's more part of the solution than the problem... NOT! Getting on her high horse about the landfill only when it comes to poducts she's not interested in or doesn't like the packaging of, is not doing her part for the planet by spreading awareness, it's just a way to get brownie points from their viewers.
(I use to eat it up myself and really appreciate her for it, until I realised she's a freaking hoarder thanks to you guys)
Have too agree about the hoarding! Sure the packaging is pretty and all, but what can you do with it? Shove it in an Ikea drawer?

I know I've said it before, but why on earth do people give them money? I just don't believe in giving youtubers money to stay at home. If you want to support them keep watching their videos. If Kat and Hailey needs money go back to work.

Vampy5555
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

BEAUTY NEWS (Hailey & Kat)

Post by Vampy5555 »

Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:They should be proud they're getting invited to more events! Good on you no more bitterness girls! Image

Good god. You’re looking at the dregs of Australian society here lmao
What a bunch of unattractive weirdo misfits! Anyone who takes product advice/recommendations from any of these need their head looked at. They are an embarrassment & I hope others in the world don’t think this is what aussies are like. Lol I can’t get over how pathetic they all are. No fashion sense, horrific makeup & hair!
Kat & hailey look like they belong in Blacktown (a shithole poor suburb full of junkies & bogans) nice sneakers & thongs ladies to an event.

Someone needs to tell Kat that she’s not as pretty as she thinks she is. She isn’t pretty at all. And that having enormous gross moles on your face that u emphasise doesn’t make u Cindy Crawford. It makes u look gross. Get them removed ffs.

Harley is so fucking ugly inside & out. That mouth is a monstrosity! From the horrible teeth to the weird AF way it twists and spasms all over the place. Their makeup never looks good either. Hailey has a shrill horrible shaky voice & her hands are always shaking. She looks malnourished like she starves & eats bad to try and be thin. Actually she looks & comes across like a drug user. Pothead.

How anyone could take anything they say as something to listen to is pathetic & a joke.
You can clearly see from watching them they have zero professional experience in the makeup industry & no clue about brands, ingredients, beauty knowledge etc.

Bogan wannabes that are presenting the world the wrong idea about Aussie women.
The women that I know (family friends colleagues for example) are far from bogan and are actually very classy, speak well, educated, very well put together constantly and are worlds apart from these bogan losers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

So they swatched Colourpop Blush & Lite Stix Kits and say they are patchy, but they put it on their arm like it was war paint and then rob them like they were on a rush, with no building technique or research or anything, why even bother.

Sshellzp
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Sshellzp »

I can’t watch beauty news anymore. I just want to know the new realises, not their opinions on them. If I want their opinions on makeup, I will watch their personal channels.

AnnahJ
Informer
Informer

Post by AnnahJ »

Nance wrote:So they swatched Colourpop Blush & Lite Stix Kits and say they are patchy, but they put it on their arm like it was war paint and then rob them like they were on a rush, with no building technique or research or anything, why even bother.
Too be fair they don’t have enough lip to test them on so of course they use their arm ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SageLavender
Debater
Debater

Post by SageLavender »

Why in everlasting fuck does Kat think she has olive undertone?

Return to “A-E”