Chase Amie

texangirl190
Learner
Learner

Chase Amie

Post by texangirl190 »

I used to like her... I thought she was a nice change from the standard beauty/fashion youtuber since she works in the corporate world, doesn't brag, and is soft spoken. But was I so wrong - this girl makes the most idiotic decisions!!! She impulse buys designer handbags and then a couple months later shows them in a video claiming that "they're not suited for her lifestyle". She's said this about different GORGEOUS designer bags on different occasions. In her recent video about her least worn designer items she put 3 (YES THREE) Chanel classic flaps in Beige and Red (!!!!!!) arguably, the next best/classic colors after black.

This girl is daft.

lenathediva
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chase Amie

Post by lenathediva »

Now, she has liketoknowit. Does she not know NO ONE likes that thing? The backlash was real. Don't see the picture where she announced this on IG anymore. Must have deleted it.

MrsH
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by MrsH »

I've only recently discovered here and am still enjoying her for the moment. I do wonder how long her new link Chanel boy bag will last though, I don't give it longer than January!

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater

Post by velvet-guru »

She runs through bags soooo quickly! I can't believe how little thought seems to go into her purchases.

It is clear that she comes from a family with some money. I don't (lol) but now make good money for myself but I can't imagine spending thousands of dollars or pounds on Chanel bag after Chanel bag that only accumulate dust. I just find her videos so dull and she seems a bit unaware of the real world and that even with her little tips and tricks (don't buy expensive coffee every day! keep separate savings accounts! track your spending!) the majority of women her age cannot afford 200 pound SLGs and Boy bags. It's such a class thing, isn't it? The idea that the wealthy have that if you just work hard and save your pennies you too can live like they do.

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater

Post by velvet-guru »

Also she desperately needs to run some product through her brows. It would frame her face so much more. Maybe Chanel - or schnell, as she pronounces it - makes a brow pencil

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

In her "Boyfriend guesses the price of bags" video she says she wouldn't have a bag that cost £100 or less. Now we know that designer brands like chanel, prada etc don't have the best quality (how many videos on chanel stitching coming undone, the leather wearing away!), so it seems snobbish to base your purchases not on quality but price.

This is the woman who previously showed she had multiple chanel flaps costing at least £3000 each that were regretted purchases or served just as decoration.

Not trying to be hateful or anything, but I can't relate to someone that buys designer bags costing thousands for the sake of being able to say you have one in red, one in beige without actually thinking if you will wear them for years.

Post by Guest »

This girl is insufferable. Best of luck to her boyfriend...

Lucky Be
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucky Be »

I liked her at first... I still subscribe... but I must admit- I don't watch many of her video's.
She rambles on and on and on... she's nice enough... but... she's a bit wonky in the smarts department.

The only video I liked, was the closet video- I'd love to have all that space for clothing... It's just too bad that she kept dithering on and on about it all... it was three times as long as it needed to be... :roll:

I am amused, at the amount of Youtuber's who have wasted so much money on bags that are overpriced, than they never use them.... Ridiculous. lol

soundsofsilver
Learner
Learner

Post by soundsofsilver »

I like her, mainly because she's educated with a good job and talks like a normal adult, unlike 98% of youtubers. However I think her chanel bags all look too similar, in fact her bags are all pretty boring, she seems to be someone who's more into luxury brands than the actual items.

alt3rnachic
Lurker
Lurker

Post by alt3rnachic »

I have to admit that I'm a little bit jealous of her wealth and how she seems to have an unlimited cash at her disposal.

Is her new flat owned or rented? I seem to have an impression that she and her boyfriend bought that flat, but isn't it odd that a couple just decides to buy a shared flat before marriage? Anyway, I'm not sure if that sort of thing is common in London, but it's certainly not common where I'm from. Seems like it would be a huge problem if their relationship doesn't work out.

Also, on her most recent vlog, she talked about how her boyfriend just went out and bought a new car so nonchalantly. I don't know, but most people just don't randomly leave the house and return a few minutes later WITH A BRAND NEW CAR especially in London where cars cost an arm and a leg. It seemed that they didn't even discuss that purchase beforehand cos she seemed pleasantly surprised that the car was black and was "so spacious".

I think their lifestyle makes them a bit isolated from their peers cos they don't seem to have any friends from what I can tell. Seems like the only occasions in which she dresses up and wears her "Shnell" bags are when she dines out and watches a movie with her boyfriend.

Post by Guest »

alt3rnachic wrote:I have to admit that I'm a little bit jealous of her wealth and how she seems to have an unlimited cash at her disposal.

Is her new flat owned or rented? I seem to have an impression that she and her boyfriend bought that flat, but isn't it odd that a couple just decides to buy a shared flat before marriage? Anyway, I'm not sure if that sort of thing is common in London, but it's certainly not common where I'm from. Seems like it would be a huge problem if their relationship doesn't work out.

Also, on her most recent vlog, she talked about how her boyfriend just went out and bought a new car so nonchalantly. I don't know, but most people just don't randomly leave the house and return a few minutes later WITH A BRAND NEW CAR especially in London where cars cost an arm and a leg. It seemed that they didn't even discuss that purchase beforehand cos she seemed pleasantly surprised that the car was black and was "so spacious".

I think their lifestyle makes them a bit isolated from their peers cos they don't seem to have any friends from what I can tell. Seems like the only occasions in which she dresses up and wears her "Shnell" bags are when she dines out and watches a movie with her boyfriend.
Has there ever been a YT guru who has admitted to any financial debt? Not to my knowledge.... Though she MIGHT be successful financially because of her job (according to her words), this doesn't mean that she is living within her means. Also, for someone claiming to be so busy, she certainly spends a lot of time (again, according to her words) 'researching' bags... I have also known people very similar to her and her boyfriend (I'm sure all of us have, esp. this day in age), with decent careers, who have subsequently bankrupted themselves.

yaright
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yaright »

texangirl190 wrote:I used to like her... I thought she was a nice change from the standard beauty/fashion youtuber since she works in the corporate world, doesn't brag, and is soft spoken. But was I so wrong - this girl makes the most idiotic decisions!!! She impulse buys designer handbags and then a couple months later shows them in a video claiming that "they're not suited for her lifestyle". She's said this about different GORGEOUS designer bags on different occasions. In her recent video about her least worn designer items she put 3 (YES THREE) Chanel classic flaps in Beige and Red (!!!!!!) arguably, the next best/classic colors after black.

This girl is daft.
Amie is very clever - she uses the girl next door persona and wannabe posh British accent to build her following on Instagram and Youtube.

She created her Youtube channel and blog about a year ago and has grown significantly all with the intention to make money out of her following even though she claims she doesn't do it for the money - if she doesn't do it for the money then why is she using Like to know it on Instagram and reward style on her blog. She doesn't even mention her use of affiliate links and makes her naive readers believe that she is doing them a favour when she affiliate links to Net a porter restocking the Gucci Soho disco bag - she cashed in on the commission there just from reading the comments it seems quite a few people clicked her link and purchased it. On Instagram she also stated that the reason she started to use Like to know it is because she could get a bit of money for the expensive camera and equipment she uses to make videos for her followers - excuse me but if this is your hobby don't try to shaft people into paying for it.

Also the apartment she purchased with her boyfriend doesn't seem to be in the best neighbourhood in London. From her latest vlog it looks like its in South East London and definitely not in the most desirable part of South East London. I do believe she is trying to portray a luxury lifestyle with all the bags she purchases, however it doesn't exactly add up with her actual lifestyle. She is definitely no Amelia Liana.

I also believe she purchased many bags in the beginning to help boost her Youtube channel and provide content - she is always having blog sales after a few months and cleverly sells it to her followers - kind of like what Jerusha Couture does. She will have another blog sale soon no doubt.

In a recent blog post she mentions that she is changing her handbag wish list to non Chanel bags - it's no surprise really since you can't affiliate link to Chanel bags. Note as she progresses she will only purchase bags from online retailers that she can affiliate link to and make money off her followers.

In my opinion she is just a greedy opportunist that has found a way to capitalise on naive girls who genuinely fall for her girl next door persona.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Becca6779 wrote:
alt3rnachic wrote:I have to admit that I'm a little bit jealous of her wealth and how she seems to have an unlimited cash at her disposal.

Has there ever been a YT guru who has admitted to any financial debt? Not to my knowledge.... Though she MIGHT be successful financially because of her job (according to her words), this doesn't mean that she is living within her means. Also, for someone claiming to be so busy, she certainly spends a lot of time (again, according to her words) 'researching' bags... I have also known people very similar to her and her boyfriend (I'm sure all of us have, esp. this day in age), with decent careers, who have subsequently bankrupted themselves.
Sophie Shohet has made a few videos talking about her experience of debt as a student and paying it off. She's quite open about finances in comparison to other "luxury vloggers". In reference to a previous comment, I also found it quite odd how her partner just went out and came back with a car. Even though it is his money (just as Amie drops around ten thousand on multiple chanel bags that sit on a shelf) surely you would mention spending that amount of money on a purchase to a person who you are financially tied too?

ilikepuppies12
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ilikepuppies12 »

I don't know how to insert an image here, but Amy answered this (on the video BOYFRIEND GUESSES THE PRICE OF DESIGNER HANDBAGS):

"Just a comment about this... I was never 'rich to begin with'. My family had very little growing up. The flat that I just bought with my boyfriend is the first home I've ever lived in that has been owned. I've worked incredibly hard to be able to afford the things I like and did not have anything handed to me. Every job I've ever had, I've gotten by applying cold and going through interviews. No connections, no family help. I'm a firm believer that hard work and determination does pay off although I do recognise that there are massive injustices in the world. There is more that I could do and I'm sure this is true of most people. If you're looking for a charity to support, I recommend Partners in Health. The founder is a medical anthropologist (I studied anthropology at university) and is doing groundbreaking things in social justice and medical care in developing countries. I highly recommend checking it out".

In my opinion, she can buy whatever she wants because it's her money. Everyone has different priorities in life. That's what happens to some athletes, actors and singers, especially those who were poor/mid-class children: They want everything they couldn't afford before, unfortunately, sometimes they end up in poverty because of bad financial decisions (and addictions, shopaholism included).

I was impressed when watching Amelia Liana's videos on her shoe and bag collection. For being a rich person, she doesn't have a lot of accessories. Same Laila (from Meet the Vloggers), her house is a palace and although her family has luxury cars, she doesn't seem to have tons of high end shoes or bags.

Again, it's Amy's money but I think she has a problem. She tries to justify her purchases and then she says that they don't suit her lifestyle. When you buy nonstop, there's usually an emotional deprivation (and I say this from experience). :roll:

Post by Guest »

ilikepuppies12 wrote:I don't know how to insert an image here, but Amy answered this (on the video BOYFRIEND GUESSES THE PRICE OF DESIGNER HANDBAGS):

"Just a comment about this... I was never 'rich to begin with'. My family had very little growing up. The flat that I just bought with my boyfriend is the first home I've ever lived in that has been owned. I've worked incredibly hard to be able to afford the things I like and did not have anything handed to me. Every job I've ever had, I've gotten by applying cold and going through interviews. No connections, no family help. I'm a firm believer that hard work and determination does pay off although I do recognise that there are massive injustices in the world. There is more that I could do and I'm sure this is true of most people. If you're looking for a charity to support, I recommend Partners in Health. The founder is a medical anthropologist (I studied anthropology at university) and is doing groundbreaking things in social justice and medical care in developing countries. I highly recommend checking it out".

In my opinion, she can buy whatever she wants because it's her money. Everyone has different priorities in life. That's what happens to some athletes, actors and singers, especially those who were poor/mid-class children: They want everything they couldn't afford before, unfortunately, sometimes they end up in poverty because of bad financial decisions (and addictions, shopaholism included).

I was impressed when watching Amelia Liana's videos on her shoe and bag collection. For being a rich person, she doesn't have a lot of accessories. Same Laila (from Meet the Vloggers), her house is a palace and although her family has luxury cars, she doesn't seem to have tons of high end shoes or bags.

Again, it's Amy's money but I think she has a problem. She tries to justify her purchases and then she says that they don't suit her lifestyle. When you buy nonstop, there's usually an emotional deprivation (and I say this from experience). :roll:
It is also possible that Amy is not being honest w/ these proclamations, as well... Not to say that she is not telling the truth, but it would put her in an extremely bad light and would likely negatively affect her subscriber count and viewership (and therefore YT profit) if she were to say otherwise. I do not really care what Amy does w/ her money either, but to me it is absurd to have spent tens of thousands of pounds on very high luxury bags (not that I'm against investing in a good quality bag), too many of which that she has regretted in hindsight for reasons for she should have clearly known in the first place.

Penny84
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Penny84 »

I totally agree with the flaky purchases - they will probably end up on her next blog sale.

One thing in her defense though, she was linking way before Like to Know it, including the Soho. I know this because I bought one :)

texangirl190
Learner
Learner

Post by texangirl190 »

pretty much all of her peeptoe shoes are too big on her *cringe* (from her shoe collection video)

snowbunny
Talker
Talker

Post by snowbunny »

Is she older like in her 30s and established in her career hence the huge disposable income? Surprisingly she seems to have some noticeable forehead lines for someone that looks young.

texangirl190
Learner
Learner

Post by texangirl190 »

snowbunny wrote:Is she older like in her 30s and established in her career hence the huge disposable income? Surprisingly she seems to have some noticeable forehead lines for someone that looks young.
I think she mentioned that she graduated uni a couple of years ago so my best guess is probably late 20's

*side note... in her clothing haul she mentioned that she wears size XS clothing... do you guys think she's truly that size? she seems a bit bigger boned to me.....

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

I like her videos but she is driving me insane with the amount of times she says "kind of".

Return to “A-E”