Re: Chase Amie

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:02 pm
adel220 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:31 am
drasticactions wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:34 am
They seem so into, get rich quick schemes, using a group about supporting women and turning it into a pyramid scheme sounds right up their street
This is what I find so sad about her—just this overall obsession with appearing rich/posh and pursuing these lame hustles that lead to nowhere. I remember when I first watched her, I thought I was watching someone who worked hard and was capable, talented, and intelligent. I didn’t care if she wasn’t born into wealth; the thought of her background never crossed my mind.

Now after watching her (passively) all these years, her life seems so pathetic. Just this ever constant need to “get rich quick” and trying to maintain this appearance of wealth to her viewers...it’s almost trashy...? I don’t know how to describe it but it’s so obvious she tries to be something she isn’t and I’m a middle class American. Then again, I don’t rub elbows with rich people on a regular basis so I don’t need to put on airs. Also, I am not super familiar with how British social class affects someone’s self-esteem, so I don’t know how her mind operates or what she has to deal with.
When I first came across Amie I thought the same. Young, educated, hardworking person.

Now it just looks like they're throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. It's no wonder none of the many business ventures they've tried have been successful. They don't appear to put a whole lot of thought into the business making process. It seems like they wake up with an idea, rush to get it out into the universe and then it flops.

At this point neither her nor Dan seem to be very smart creating and sustaining a business.
Yep, they don’t seem very business savvy at all. Also I don’t think she likes to admit this, but I have a strong feeling they don’t have the money or know the right people, either.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by drasticactions »

adel220 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:43 pm
drogers4205 wrote:
adel220 wrote:
drasticactions wrote:
They seem so into, get rich quick schemes, using a group about supporting women and turning it into a pyramid scheme sounds right up their street
This is what I find so sad about her—just this overall obsession with appearing rich/posh and pursuing these lame hustles that lead to nowhere. I remember when I first watched her, I thought I was watching someone who worked hard and was capable, talented, and intelligent. I didn’t care if she wasn’t born into wealth; the thought of her background never crossed my mind.

Now after watching her (passively) all these years, her life seems so pathetic. Just this ever constant need to “get rich quick” and trying to maintain this appearance of wealth to her viewers...it’s almost trashy...? I don’t know how to describe it but it’s so obvious she tries to be something she isn’t and I’m a middle class American. Then again, I don’t rub elbows with rich people on a regular basis so I don’t need to put on airs. Also, I am not super familiar with how British social class affects someone’s self-esteem, so I don’t know how her mind operates or what she has to deal with.
When I first came across Amie I thought the same. Young, educated, hardworking person.

Now it just looks like they're throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. It's no wonder none of the many business ventures they've tried have been successful. They don't appear to put a whole lot of thought into the business making process. It seems like they wake up with an idea, rush to get it out into the universe and then it flops.

At this point neither her nor Dan seem to be very smart creating and sustaining a business.
Yep, they don’t seem very business savvy at all. Also I don’t think she likes to admit this, but I have a strong feeling they don’t have the money or know the right people, either.
That seems pretty accurate, why would they keep opening and closing various businesses? If they were actually business savvy they'd have one or two successful companies, or they'd realize they don't have a skills/funding and would just stop with attempting to run their own business. Just seems really dodgy.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

her latest video. would love to hear what you all have to say. she has all these reasons for not getting Chanel all of a sudden?? Suddenly, most of the shit she bought she now realizes isn't even good? for those prices she should have thought of that ahead of time.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

I wonder how many totes does one person needs. She has the LV ones and she has a few from tory burch that she keep on buying and now this eveline.

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

al218 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:12 pm
her latest video. would love to hear what you all have to say. she has all these reasons for not getting Chanel all of a sudden?? Suddenly, most of the shit she bought she now realizes isn't even good? for those prices she should have thought of that ahead of time.

i think this is her grasping at straws to get views. she 10000% would buy any of her chanel bags over and over again. i laughed at her video because the only thing she cares about is LUXURY name brand.

PinkRedPurple
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkRedPurple »

She is dead behind the eyes. Even holding her precious jumbo flap Chanel. She needs to start incorporating more of herself and her other interests into her channel to keep it alive. Maybe take us in a vlog to shop at Chanel and other stores and tour the neighborhood? Show us some footage of her using her bags in real life? Anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForLoveOfGossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ForLoveOfGossip »

Hey guys, I’m new in this forum, sorry if it’s been discussed but, is Amie pregnant? For some time I have noticed she is lookibg more rounded, fuller face and midriff. Is she?

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

drasticactions wrote:
adel220 wrote:
drogers4205 wrote:
adel220 wrote:
drasticactions wrote:

That seems pretty accurate, why would they keep opening and closing various businesses? If they were actually business savvy they'd have one or two successful companies, or they'd realize they don't have a skills/funding and would just stop with attempting to run their own business. Just seems really dodgy.
what ventures or business have they tried to start? i just know of her bag chat facebook group. i've been pretty good at staying updated with her videos so apologies if i missed one?? i don't follow her on instagram so does she share her "businesses" there?

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

jadorexo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:27 am
drasticactions wrote:
adel220 wrote:
drogers4205 wrote:
adel220 wrote:

what ventures or business have they tried to start? i just know of her bag chat facebook group. i've been pretty good at staying updated with her videos so apologies if i missed one?? i don't follow her on instagram so does she share her "businesses" there?
I can't seem to find the page, I think it was in companies house. But they dissolved their Christmas tree company, and there was another company or two she and Dan had that they've since dissolved and now they have a new one they work on now. I think in the last year or so she said she left her full time job (might have been longer now). I thought maybe her YouTube was contributing to a lot of their income but she can be very inconsistent she'll post like 5 videos in a week then go weeks without posting, so I'm not so sure now. I can't remember the purpose of the other companies but they were all sort of marketing or maybe app related I think.

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

Post by ChasingUnicorns »

In her latest Current Favorites, she said "Color is everything" about her pink Chanel WOC. So she still has how many pink bags that are in similar shape and size??

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

Amie is offering financial tips in her latest video. She mentions having to go to Salvation Army when she was younger. This might explain her buying frenzy to make up for her years of deprivation. I certainly wouldn't be taking on any of her tips judging by the way she spends.

Post by Guest »

Brizgos wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 pm
Amie is offering financial tips in her latest video. She mentions having to go to Salvation Army when she was younger. This might explain her buying frenzy to make up for her years of deprivation. I certainly wouldn't be taking on any of her tips judging by the way she spends.
Wow, she finally admits that she is working class for once and was poor before! :lol: even though a lot of us GGers already knew!

Btw, I’m not knocking low SES at all and I love thrift stores. My parents grew up with nothing and built themselves up after my siblings and I were born. Just shocked because for years Amie would pretend she is from a posh background due to her affected speech and obsession with designer goods.

Amie, you might earn more money now, but you’re not good at saving it!

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

so confused. she's apparently traveling in asia (hong kong, korea, japan) for three weeks? when did she leave her job? curious how she is sustaining her "lavish" life

monae
Learner
Learner

Post by monae »

Watching her latest haul, does everything have to be so expensive? A casual red bodycon dress 130 euros, what for? Just to spend money?

cdol
Talker
Talker

Post by cdol »

How many times does she need to say absolutely whenever she reviews an item?
Like we get it, you absolutely love the item, it’s absolutely beautiful

She says and buys the same things over and over. God she is boring as hell.

ChasingUnicorns
Debater
Debater

Post by ChasingUnicorns »

“And I just thought it was the prettiest thing”

“I am absolutely obsessed with it”

MUALover
Learner
Learner

Post by MUALover »

Chase Amie is weird. She lives in a rather smallish apartment and she spent so much for her luxury shopping and wedding and engagement ring - not to mention luxury travels. I don't think she has that much money because if she did - why doesn't she buy a nicer place. It looks like she moved into a smaller / cheaper apartment and is still renting??? This woman is going to be living in poverty when she is older.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

She is so repetitive and boring.

All those dresses and camisoles that she tried on they all look exactly the same as the ones she already has.

She is probably a hoarder as this is an addiction. You can tell when the person keeps buying the exact same thing over and over.

What about that Prada bucket bag?!? I thought she had a blush/pink one already. I bet she will be selling it in a few months.

She does not need to have 10 bags in different shades of pink, blush and nude. She is not a movie star or a person with a busy social life.

Post by Guest »

Not that this is relevant but after looking at Shea Whitney's engagement ring upgrade (as she made a fake vs real video a week ago), I decided to look at Amie's ring from 2 years ago. Interestingly enough, Dan did an ok job. I wouldn't say the diamond is perfect but it's definitely better than the monstrosity that is Shea Whitney's ring.

However fake Amie is, at least her diamond is somewhat passable. :rofl: I know a few commented that her ring looked underwhelming but the center stone was actually better than I thought.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

adel220 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:26 am
Not that this is relevant but after looking at Shea Whitney's engagement ring upgrade (as she made a fake vs real video a week ago), I decided to look at Amie's ring from 2 years ago. Interestingly enough, Dan did an ok job. I wouldn't say the diamond is perfect but it's definitely better than the monstrosity that is Shea Whitney's ring.

However fake Amie is, at least her diamond is somewhat passable. :rofl: I know a few commented that her ring looked underwhelming but the center stone was actually better than I thought.
Why do you think Shea's is a monstrosity?

Sometimes a big diamond is not always the nicest one.

Return to “A-E”