iamkareno

Forum rules
Please DO NOT Post Content that is Copyrighted! IE: Content from onlyfans (dot) com ...

We get DMCA notices and simply have to remove the content. Apologies...
batbanana
Learner
Learner

iamkareno

Post by batbanana »

Anyone ever heard about her? I kinda like her videos, but sometimes she seems to Jenn Im wannabe.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6EmI2r6XBGXBS70XFnyMhw

breakingitup
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: iamkareno

Post by breakingitup »

I like her videos too and kind of see the similarities, but the way she edits her videos are way different from Jenn's imo. I feel like she spends more time on them. One thing that irks me about her is how cheesy her voice gets sometimes (ex. her recent handbag video). It just doesn't seem genuine.

batbanana
Learner
Learner

Post by batbanana »

^ Yep, I like the way she edits her videos and it is in fact very different. Actually, I prefer her over Jenn because she seems way more down to earth. I don't like her voice either.

sasquatched
Learner
Learner

Post by sasquatched »

I thought I would like this girl but she totally lacks originality. it's amazing how "inspired" she is by Clothesencounters. I'm not a big Jenn fan anymore after a majority of her videos became sponsored, but Karen basically copies her. Her clothing choices, some editing, her horrifically rehearsed/pre-written voice overs with unnecessary large words, atrocious clunky shoe collection, down to her posing and facial expressions all scream "I'm a Jenn Im wannabe." I know this is kinda a broad statement, as she doesn't even have that many videos out, but Karen comes off to me as a girl who doesn't know how to be herself or a girl who is trying to become something she's not. If you look at old pictures of her on instagram, she used to dress like your "average girl". nothing like her attention grabbing and sometimes ugly outfit choices she wears now. It definitely wasn't bad, but I think that simple style suited her better. It seems around late 2012, when Jenn started to gain more popularity, Karen decided to change up her style.
I think in order to gain more subs and popularity she sent out mass mail telling people to check out her channel. In addition I sometimes see her sucking up to some popular youtubers in the comment section.
I feel a little bad for ragging on a fairly new youtuber, but I'll stick around in hopes that she learns how to evolve and have her own sense of style... or maybe she'll just end up with a bunch of sponsored crap and with shorter, brown hair lol.

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

There are a lot of girls who want to be/copy Jen, lol. If it isn't Jen then it's Claire. They want to be apart of the Asian hipster crew.

Karen seems really ordinary though.

Doe Eyed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Doe Eyed »

She's a guru who doesn't need to do voiceovers. She's TERRIBLE at them.
She's a Jenn wannabe.
I tried so hard to like her, but she has no original concept in her.

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

I was wondering when this girl was going to get her own thread. She popped up in my suggested videos bar some months ago.
sasquatched wrote: I know this is kinda a broad statement, as she doesn't even have that many videos out, but Karen comes off to me as a girl who doesn't know how to be herself or a girl who is trying to become something she's not. If you look at old pictures of her on instagram, she used to dress like your "average girl". nothing like her attention grabbing and sometimes ugly outfit choices she wears now. It definitely wasn't bad, but I think that simple style suited her better. It seems around late 2012, when Jenn started to gain more popularity, Karen decided to change up her style.
That's the same feeling I get from her. I liked her fashion in beginning but it was pretty damn obvious she's a shadow of Jenn Im. Now that she's picked up the same sponsors as Jenn (chois?) and basically shops at the same stores, her fashion choices are F*CKING ATROCIOUS. And don't even get me started on her god-awful Frankenstein feet. Her shoes just RUIN every outfit she puts together.
sasquatched wrote:I think in order to gain more subs and popularity she sent out mass mail telling people to check out her channel. In addition I sometimes see her sucking up to some popular youtubers in the comment section.
I feel a little bad for ragging on a fairly new youtuber, but I'll stick around in hopes that she learns how to evolve and have her own sense of style... or maybe she'll just end up with a bunch of sponsored crap and with shorter, brown hair lol.
She mentioned something like that in a FAQ video. I remember watching it and thinking that was desperate sounding but at the same time, with the flooding of people on YT it's not hard to understand why she did it.

ohnoshedidnt
Talker
Talker

Post by ohnoshedidnt »

There aint enough gatorade in the world to satisfy this girl's thirst to be Jenn Im.

I cannot stand the way she talk. It makes me want to stick nails into my ears until they bleed. It's almost as if she has some horrible lisp or something. That coupled with her desire to sound articulate just kills me.

sasquatched
Learner
Learner

Post by sasquatched »

ohnoshedidnt wrote:I cannot stand the way she talk. It makes me want to stick nails into my ears until they bleed. It's almost as if she has some horrible lisp or something. That coupled with her desire to sound articulate just kills me.
I think her really crooked bottom teeth are the cause of her lisp. I know she can't help it (unless she get braces), but her whole mouth area in general just bothers me. Her lipstick is always blotchy.

jimi
Informer
Informer

Post by jimi »

The very first thing I thought when I saw her video pop up on my suggesteds was "WOW what a Jenn impersonator". I mean, even using the same background for filming as Jenn?? (A tall, wooden fence) She even has some of the exact same clothing items as her, like the cream cut-out boots from Lovelywholesale and that Sailor Moon-esque cat crop top.

I'm sorry, I have no respect for a try-hard like her. Her editing style screams try-hard as well, using effects/"dynamic" camera shots to trick the audience into thinking a lot more work was put into the video than actually was. Honestly the constant movement of the camera is just plain distracting. I much prefer Jenn's editing over Karen's.

LaLaLaLaHateYou

She just seem like an ordinary person. She'd be cool to meet in person, but boring to watch on YT, lol.

batbanana
Learner
Learner

Post by batbanana »

I don't even bother watching her videos anymore. So fake and try-hard... :(

astrogirlsintown
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by astrogirlsintown »

batbanana wrote:I don't even bother watching her videos anymore. So fake and try-hard... :(
you sound like you're jumping on to the band wagon of hate. lol you started out liking her and after everyone posted their opinions, you've changed your mind.

i like her tbh. you guys are tripping over the whole jenn im thing. just cause shes another asian thats hipster.

whoever said anything about the teeth or lisp needs a reality check. YOUTUBE is reality so aint nobodys perfect on there. I'm a fan and I'd like to see anyone of you try to edit the way she does.

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

It's obvious she's using a her Canon t3i to film her vlogs and I think that's kind of ridiculous. LIke just use a point-and-shoot. It's not like you need super-pretty-professional footage for vlogging.

OT: all these YTer's with the t3i and yet they can't be arsed to buy an ACTUAL DSLR lens. They all use the f*cking KIT LENS. Drives me insane! :x

sasquatched
Learner
Learner

Post by sasquatched »

astrogirlsintown wrote: whoever said anything about the teeth or lisp needs a reality check. YOUTUBE is reality so aint nobodys perfect on there. I'm a fan and I'd like to see anyone of you try to edit the way she does.
I never said anyone on YouTube is perfect and I don't expect anyone to be. I was pointing out a fact that her bottom teeth are crooked and that's it. It's undeniable.

KookyKiwi
Learner
Learner

Post by KookyKiwi »

sasquatched wrote:
astrogirlsintown wrote: whoever said anything about the teeth or lisp needs a reality check. YOUTUBE is reality so aint nobodys perfect on there. I'm a fan and I'd like to see anyone of you try to edit the way she does.
I never said anyone on YouTube is perfect and I don't expect anyone to be. I was pointing out a fact that her bottom teeth are crooked and that's it. It's undeniable.
She mentioned in her 50 random facts video that she's had braces before, and that the reason her teeth are still crooked is that she lost her retainer. 3 times.

LaLaLaLaHateYou

I can't imagine having spent all that time and money on braces, then (basically) due to being lazy and inattentive to my teeth, my teeth go back to the way they were before.

My husband's bottom teeth were pretty bad and they put in a permanent wire behind his bottom front teeth. I wonder why the doctor didn't do that for her considering they look far worse than what my husband's looked like before.

123lalaland
Stalker
Stalker

Post by 123lalaland »

yeah, kinda sucks that her teeth are crooked but it doesn't bother me that much...
I agree with what some of you guys said about her voiceovers but have you guys seen her latest video on spring fashion haul? just wanted to point out that she seems waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy more real than she used to be and i actually prefer her over jenn now. i ono. jenn just seems like a hipster that's commercialized now, makes me sad. I use to like her when she did her vids with sarah.

i think karen is finally coming to her own character and its showing pretty well on screen now.

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

^I saw her haul and thought the same thing. She was awkward and random and although I didn't really care much for what she bought, she seemed much more comfortable.

jimi
Informer
Informer

Post by jimi »

One of the main reasons I dislike her (besides blatantly ripping off a lot of Jenn's style/filming; there's a way to take inspiration and this girl is not really doing it, just doing the same exact thing imo) is because that "edgy" style she keeps classifying herself under doesn't suit her at all. Nothing about her is edgy. Her features and makeup looks are sweet, simple, and girly. In no way does she look like she has any "edge" or anything "hardcore" or even "hipster" about her besides the clothes she throws on. When she wears darker lipstick, she does't apply it well and it doesn't look great on her. When she wears those pork pie hats or spiked headbands, they just look so out of place on her head. I feel like she's trying to pull off something she can't.

I've seen a lot of girls do this, trying to apply something edgy or girly or whatever to their style that clearly doesn't suit them just to try and perpetuate an image they want to obtain. IMO, since Karen has a more girly look to her naturally, I think a softer, simpler style suits her better. In no way does it have to be mega boring or oozing estrogen, but doing and wearing things for the sake of being different is so transparent and old.

Not to mention her music choice. I feel like she just sticks any "hipster" kind of music tracks into her videos without even thinking if it matches or does anything for the video it should be complementing. And that's not an attack on the artists she chooses. In fact she picks music from a lot of artists I happen to like, so you'd think I'd like her music choice, but when it doesn't flow with the video then what's the point?

And this is all just my opinion, so at the end of the day she's going to do what she wants. At the end of the day she seems like a nice girl and all so I can see her appeal I guess. But her videos/style don't do anything for me. And this is a trash a guru section, so I'm standing by that. It's not like I haven't given her a fair watch (not jumping on any hate train here), I always do before forming an opinion about someone.

Return to “F-K”