CertainSparrow
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Julia Mazzucato

Post by CertainSparrow »

wafflebunnycone wrote: ā†‘
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 pm
Is it just me or is her channel really boring lately?
It isn't just you. When I first discovered her, it was like watching my intelligent, motivated younger sister create content that mattered to her. I really enjoyed that because I'm an only child with not much contact with family outside of my parents and grandmother. In a way her videos filled a hole for me when I was in a questionable mental state.

Nowadays I skip most of her content because it just doesn't interest me. I don't think she's a spoiled brat, but she's a privileged 20 year old who definitely tries to conceal how privileged she really is. Her upbringing and current lifestyle are far different from mine and I'm just over it.

HugeWalrus
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by HugeWalrus »

She's definitely striking me as the type who goes on and on about what she bought with her own money, because she works SO HARD, and leaves out that her parents pay her rent, and her food, and her medical insurance. And now she gets her makeup paid for he by the brands. Honestly, I liked her more when she was still in HS, and she was just really really reallly excited about going to be pre-med, and not so proud of how successfull she is.

I remeber a video where she made it pretty clear that her parents were pretty average financially, which looking at her house...no. But it did remind me of something, and that's "the poorest kid in the private school". As in, has money, but has a lot less than her peers, so wildly underestimates what they have.

anastesia
Talker
Talker

Post by anastesia »

So apparently she's leaving YouTube...

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

anastesia wrote:So apparently she's leaving YouTube...
I think if she gets into medical school there's no way she could keep up with youtube. Sure she could make occasional videos, but not at the pace she needs to keep her channel relevant. If she doesn't get in I could see her not stopping her channel until she reapplies.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

velvetmuse
Talker
Talker

Post by velvetmuse »

Rabidosky69 wrote:
anastesia wrote:So apparently she's leaving YouTube...
I think if she gets into medical school there's no way she could keep up with youtube. Sure she could make occasional videos, but not at the pace she needs to keep her channel relevant. If she doesn't get in I could see her not stopping her channel until she reapplies.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Shes like a sophomore in undergrad currently lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

Yeah, the way she talked when I first found her - a "woman in STEM," an aspiring physician, etc. - I thought she had to be a resident, as in almost done getting her M.D. Then in one video she mentioned being a freshman at UCLA, and I admit I rolled my eyes.

I was a science (biochemistry) major as an undergrad. I had some thoughts about med school, but I watched my older brother actually do the damn thing, and eventually I was like, "Hell, no." Not once did it occur to me to swan around at 18, 19 as if I'd achieved something notable simply by declaring a major. Don't get me wrong, a hard-science course load, especially on a pre-med track, is challenging as fuck. But as a poster said earlier, Julia is a loooong way away from the brass ring.

That said, she's obviously bright and hard-working. And it's refreshing seeing on social media an attractive young woman of means who isn't trying to be another Madison Beer or Aunt Becky's daughter (I refuse to learn those twits' names). I have stopped watching Julia, though, because to me, she mumbles, and all the interjected memes are startling. I'm probably just old.

anastesia
Talker
Talker

Post by anastesia »

I wish her the best in her studies and hope she achieves what she wants. I just hope she actually leaves YouTube for good and it is not just some trick for her to increase her views on Youtube and then come back in 3 months being like I miss youtube guys!!!

Return to ā€œF-Jā€