James Welsh

killerp4yne
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

James Welsh

Post by killerp4yne »

What's everyone's opinion on this guy? He's been popping up on my YT feed along with his twin brother and Skincare By Hyram. Thoughts?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

gGuruStalker
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Re: James Welsh

Post by gGuruStalker »

Oh my gosh, I was shocked to see his name here! I think James is quite funny and he (and his brother) have decent personalities. Decent at best. Idk if it’s a cultural thing, but they can come off as a bit snobbish and like they’re all knowing (kind of like Wayne Goss). I think he’s very informative, which is nice, but I don’t fully trust him. I recently subscribed to him and his brother, but we’ll see how long it lasts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killerp4yne
Learner
Learner

Post by killerp4yne »

So far I don't really have any qualms... Except that some of his information contradicts itself. It's a well-known fact that denatured alcohol is drying and irritating on skin and he doesn't recommend products containing them.... Except every single sunscreen in his favorite sunscreens video has that as one of the first ingredients and he never addresses why.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Following! I kind of like him but as for the information he provides...I'm not fully convinced yet.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

I like him so far. He seems like he doesn't tolerate bs

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Post by Embraced_34 »

He’s like every other fake learnt off YouTube guru - zero clue, spreads misinformation and then corrects himself and pretends like he always knew. Also almost every video is sponsored. Don’t get how he can claim he tests something exclusively for months and month yet in every video he pushes a new product. Don’t trust him at all. His snigger and fake knowledge really irks me. He thinks he’s even better than a qualified doctor yet he wants to buy everything some Korean pop star showed in her routine. Fake.

pinksugarheartattack
Learner
Learner

Post by pinksugarheartattack »

overall, he's pretty inoffensive, but his advice regarding sunscreen is not good. he applies his sunscreen like it's a moisturiser. he also said in his videos that you can tan with sunscreen, which is incorrect, it's a sign that the sunscreen is not protecting you sufficiently. (fyi i actually wear sunscreen for reasons other than vanity, i have family members who have had skin cancers removed, and my skintone is fitzpatrick 1, so i'm at risk myself)

i honestly think korean skincare is incredibly overrated. i've heard people say that it's better for people with sensitive skin because it's gentler. why is it that nearly every korean moisturiser marketed at sensitive skin is full of extracts? i have sensitive skin and i nearly ALWAYS get irritation from korean skincare because of the stupid extracts. i spent money on brands like soon jung, illiyoon, and cosrx and my skin hated them. switched back to boring old simple and my skin was fine.

oh, and most of the so called korean skincare that people like jw are shilling isn't actually popular in south korea. it's made for the international market and noone in korea uses it. i think japanese skincare is better (hada labo ftw).
chibi moon is my spirit animal!!

mellen3159
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by mellen3159 »

I love The Welsh 👯‍♂️ Twins. They seem to have knowledge and are harmless and have a terrific sense of humor. And they respect each other, and the audience.

Return to “F-J”