EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hannah Louise Poston - Part 2

Post by EmptyVessel »

long stay wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:35 am
Does anyone else suspect that she will use the imminent financial crisis to transition into a full time youtuber and claim that the market for sub par tango gear has completely collapsed?

Bozo can do the filming, editing and music so he won't be unemployed. :hee:
...instead of taking the opportunity to adapt her business to the changing market needs... Anyway, she's deluded if she thinks she's going to replace all that with YouTube using her current content. Moreover, if Joe was into it, he would have been actually supportive by now. She gives his Instagram shouts out on her channel, but it's not reciprocated.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

eucalyptusoil wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:45 am
I don't think she's a narcissist in the clinical sense because they legitimately will use people up, but I think she has a lot of narcissistic traits. She needs to be better than everyone else (why she loves expensive shit, irregardless of quality), she's so special, etc.
She isn't pathologically narcissistic, but she is narcissistic, in that she needs constant validation. It's all 'look at me!', 'Look how well I'm doing!' and it comes from deep insecurity.

litchiisme
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by litchiisme »

EmptyVessel wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:57 am
long stay wrote:
Does anyone else suspect that she will use the imminent financial crisis to transition into a full time youtuber and claim that the market for sub par tango gear has completely collapsed?

...instead of taking the opportunity to adapt her business to the changing market needs... Anyway, she's deluded if she thinks she's going to replace all that with YouTube using her current content. Moreover, if Joe was into it, he would have been actually supportive by now. She gives his Instagram shouts out on her channel, but it's not reciprocated.
those shout outs are so cringe...he is obviously not asking for it since he is not increasing any activity on Instagram...looks like she wants to push him to get involved "do your part boo, we could be this intellectual glambohotangohypsterpoets Insta couple of my dreams". Hannah the pimp...at some point she will sell him to older wealthy ladies so he can finally do his part.
Hey! Life, look at me, I can see the reality.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

OMG, the Gucci thing is about trying to diversify her content... She really IS that dense. I think she needs proper professional counselling, not positive strokes from a therapist who just keeps her coming back for more. Therapy should change your life, not help you stay in a life going nowhere. Or maybe, she just doesn't want to hear about reality; the fact that being 'creative' doesn't actually feel that 'creative', but more like... work... and hustling... and getting up again after falling over... investing with no hope of getting the full returns... It's a shame that she's never had to just do an ordinary job, with colleagues and inconveniences and demands that don't fit in with one's schedule, and where the money is never enough... but where there are also laughs, and friends, and insights into how much of the world works. It would be humbling for her. If she could weather it without disappearing under a pile of self pity, she might start liking herself a little more and find some genuine contentment.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

litchiisme wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:12 am
EmptyVessel wrote:
long stay wrote:

those shout outs are so cringe...he is obviously not asking for it since he is not increasing any activity on Instagram...looks like she wants to push him to get involved "do your part boo, we could be this intellectual glambohotangohypsterpoets Insta couple of my dreams". Hannah the pimp...at some point she will sell him to older wealthy ladies so he can finally do his part.
I agree with you that it is unsolicited, and I can imagine she is frustrated that he doesn't more to build a career. Not sure her efforts are unwelcome though.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

EmptyVessel wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:19 am
litchiisme wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:12 am
EmptyVessel wrote:
long stay wrote:

I agree with you that it is unsolicited, and I can imagine she is frustrated that he doesn't more to build a career. Not sure her efforts are unwelcome though.
But all her references to Joe are cringe. At least, to me.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

So, Gucci's beauty arm is flagging; can't compete with the likes of Chanel, Armani, Dior, Tom Ford... They get Terry Richardson or some such character on board to add a bit of perv and pass it off as 'art'. Yeah, you never know, that might work on some sucker. Good luck passing those products on Han, what with the old 'rona and 'all.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

So, Gucci's beauty arm is flagging; can't compete with the likes of Chanel, Armani, Dior, Tom Ford... They get Terry Richardson or some such character on board to add a bit of perv and pass it off as 'art'. Yeah, you never know, that might work on some sucker. Good luck passing those products on Han, what with the old 'rona and 'all.

Post by Guest »

It is so obvious to me that she buys subscribers. I can tell from comments like this (from her latest video).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

litchiisme
Debater
Debater

Post by litchiisme »

Bluestar wrote:It is so obvious to me that she buys subscribers. I can tell from comments like this (from her latest video).
Image hahaha

Sent from Tapatalk
Hey! Life, look at me, I can see the reality.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

so HLP comes full circle.

But not quite enough to admit that the blush haul was just, ill, but not in a good way.

The make-up looks pretty much the same every day anyway. Nothing wrong with that, but doesn't require a busload of bougie make-up in the process.

Maybe this will be the next Hannah's reckoning.

Watched the Gucci beauty campaign for myself and it's lush. Nothing like she portrays it. If you can't do Gucci justice, I think you need a rethink. Martin Parr was involved and his colours are awesome and he's got a sense of humour. It's vintage seaside postcard. Not sure if that chimes with high-end beauty campaign, but it's nostalgic. Big reference to the early '80s too, with fantastic Yazoo soundtrack. She didn't mention any of that. I see someone with a postgrad. qualification who makes Tati and Jeffree Star look deep and I am disorientated.

I prefer Tati and Jeffree Star.

I think Han would be a great Bobbie Brown sales rep in her current incarnation. Just can't see her do those nine hours on her feet for the minimum wage. Nope. Not even for the few crumbs the company throws her way.

long stay
Informer
Informer

Post by long stay »

Her $650 worth of pared down 'ideal' and 'perfect' make up still makes her desk look cluttered and nasty, and I wager her experiment will not last the week - although whether or not we see the true outcome is debatable.

Nincompoop is another, rather fabulous, word for her.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

long stay wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:47 pm
Her $650 worth of pared down 'ideal' and 'perfect' make up still makes her desk look cluttered and nasty, and I wager her experiment will not last the week - although whether or not we see the true outcome is debatable.

Nincompoop is another, rather fabulous, word for her.
Yes, $650, lotta money.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

EmptyVessel wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:23 am

But not quite enough to admit that the blush haul was just, ill, but not in a good way.

The make-up looks pretty much the same every day anyway. Nothing wrong with that, but doesn't require a busload of bougie make-up in the process.

Watched the Gucci beauty campaign for myself and it's lush. Nothing like she portrays it. If you can't do Gucci justice, I think you need a rethink. Martin Parr was involved and his colours are awesome and he's got a sense of humour. It's vintage seaside postcard. Not sure if that chimes with high-end beauty campaign, but it's nostalgic. Big reference to the early '80s too, with fantastic Yazoo soundtrack. She didn't mention any of that. I see someone with a postgrad. qualification who makes Tati and Jeffree Star look deep and I am disorientated.
I think Han would be a great Bobbie Brown sales rep in her current incarnation. Just can't see her do those nine hours on her feet for the minimum wage. Nope. Not even for the few crumbs the company throws her way.
Woah, woah. Calm down. No need to talk crazy.

:D
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

long stay
Informer
Informer

Post by long stay »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:59 pm
EmptyVessel wrote:

The self-isolation must be getting to her :*&^%: so perhap we should forgive her, this time ...

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

WORDSALAD wrote:
EmptyVessel wrote:

I think it's just the lack of expectation - it's obvious what one is going to get on Tati's channel or Jeffree's channel. It's corporate America. And they are nowhere near as educated. It's sheer business. And they made it work for them. HLP's education must have cost a fortune and she has handouts from all sides, has the gall to ask for more, but she claims to be selling something else.

You're right though - bit harsh, HLP is there in one room with a boyfriend but no income, trying to row to the shore, and Tati is in her mansion telling people how to take care of themselves, and Jeffree is rattling around in his palace, venturing out to buy a Tesla or Lamborghini occasionally.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

long stay wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:17 pm
WORDSALAD wrote:
EmptyVessel wrote:

The self-isolation must be getting to her :*&^%: so perhap we should forgive her, this time ...
I'm sure you get the relativity of it anyway!

Pet-nat
Learner
Learner

Post by Pet-nat »

Isn't it a bit weird that even though Hannah now has a "pared down" makeup collection, she still needs a dedicated vanity AND a work desk taking up most of the studio apartment, while Joe is crammed into a corner so he can have a space to work? Can't she just get a caboodle and stick it under her work desk? (How can she justify keeping space for makeup when she's literally quarantined?!) I'm no Joe-stan by any means (I think she makes more money off grant-writing but continues to slog away at Poema so he can have a job. If she were to jump ship he would be unemployed) but it feels like he's crashing in his girlfriend's studio.

He keeps all his stuff out of sight in the closet. The cooking/kitchen stuff she called hers ("my spices"), she has multiple clothing storage solutions, two desks and a whole additional table of extra office stuff. Nothing in the house is Joe's except maybe the TV which she insists on hiding in a cabinet for her aesthetic sensibilities.

She should have just pared down her makeup and given him her desk, and used her own vanity as her working desk, but her makeup collection is literally more deserving of space in the apartment than Joe's work tools.

nellybeans
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nellybeans »

litchiisme wrote:
Bluestar wrote:It is so obvious to me that she buys subscribers. I can tell from comments like this (from her latest video).
Image hahaha

Sent from Tapatalk
How do you know if someone buys subscribers? I only tell on Twitter and FB but not YouTube or IG.

EmptyVessel
Informer
Informer

Post by EmptyVessel »

Pet-nat wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:53 pm
Isn't it a bit weird that even though Hannah now has a "pared down" makeup collection, she still needs a dedicated vanity AND a work desk taking up most of the studio apartment, while Joe is crammed into a corner so he can have a space to work? Can't she just get a caboodle and stick it under her work desk? (How can she justify keeping space for makeup when she's literally quarantined?!) I'm no Joe-stan by any means (I think she makes more money off grant-writing but continues to slog away at Poema so he can have a job. If she were to jump ship he would be unemployed) but it feels like he's crashing in his girlfriend's studio.

He keeps all his stuff out of sight in the closet. The cooking/kitchen stuff she called hers ("my spices"), she has multiple clothing storage solutions, two desks and a whole additional table of extra office stuff. Nothing in the house is Joe's except maybe the TV which she insists on hiding in a cabinet for her aesthetic sensibilities.

She should have just pared down her makeup and given him her desk, and used her own vanity as her working desk, but her makeup collection is literally more deserving of space in the apartment than Joe's work tools.
She was already set up for work in the apartment before all this happened, and Jo had a very big workspace in the sewing studio, with a much bigger desk. They re-arranged things a bit in the apartment so he could have a desk there, but it is much smaller than his usual one. I don't know what work he does exactly now that the studio is closed. Hannah mentioned that YouTube is now her main source of income, instead of being a side hustle. It would seem that she has no or very little writing going on. It appears that they really need Poema and everything was tied up with that. I also think that Hannah really needs Jo's help with the business: all the shipping and paperwork, so she can crack on with the sewing. I don't think Jo earns anything otherwise. YouTube money is the only money coming in as far as I can see.

Return to “F-J”