408California408

408California408

Post by Guest »

Started 2019 with a No Buy Year....bags happen..as of July 15th this is her 19th/20th unboxing!
She deserves her own thread just for unboxing 19 bags in 6.5 months!
Seems she unboxes a bag every week. On the surface seems harmless but she has one of the don't-mess-with-me personas.

lenathediva
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 408California408

Post by lenathediva »

I’ve been subscribed to her for over a year. She’s okay. I like her bag reviews. She sells off handbags a lot. She ditched her no-buy months ago.

In the world of YouTube, she’s meh. I like the attitude, and I like that she has a real job.

Post by Guest »

Her bag purchasing is out of control. Seems in a hurry to buy the next bag before the last one has been used. What does she do for a living?

lurkingin94123
Talker
Talker

Post by lurkingin94123 »

Chichibangbang wrote:Her bag purchasing is out of control. Seems in a hurry to buy the next bag before the last one has been used. What does she do for a living?
Real estate sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

Chichibangbang wrote: Her bag purchasing is out of control. Seems in a hurry to buy the next bag before the last one has been used. What does she do for a living?
I have a couple of bags that she has too. I find it so strange that she doesn't really seem to enjoy those bags. It's like she buys them, takes a pic and then sells them off. It's sad. She appears to me like something is missing in her life and spending fills the void

courtofowls
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by courtofowls »

I really think she knew that she wouldn't have content if she stuck to the no-buy year. I also think she buys things just to have something to post on IG or YouTube.

lurkingin94123
Talker
Talker

Post by lurkingin94123 »

courtofowls wrote:I really think she knew that she wouldn't have content if she stuck to the no-buy year. I also think she buys things just to have something to post on IG or YouTube.
I agree. If we look at her GG thread compared to others, we can see the data that, in general, her content is repetitive and dull. The YTers with the highest activity on YT are the ones with the Image GG threads. There is a reasonable correlation.

I started watching her vids late last year because she was reviewing a handbag that I had my eye on. When she started her “no-buy” year, I was curious as to what sort of content she would put up because everything about her seems pedestrian (works out, works, has cats, goes on the same boring vacay multiple times each year). The no-buy last 60 seconds and when she came to YT to defend herself she saw a small spike in YT views. Now it’s back to buying bs bags that don’t bring her any joy. I feel a bit sorry that she doesn’t have more in her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Chichibangbang wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:36 pm
Started 2019 with a No Buy Year....bags happen..as of July 15th this is her 19th/20th unboxing!
Yeah, she was 'one of those' on the no buy trend, it was such a mess, I've unsubscribe to her back then when she tries to justifies it, I think she was saying she got rid of some, so she could buy others, so it was still a no buy, urgh, I remember she did like 2 bag collections very close because she wanted to make one before her no buy, I just couldn't watch her anymore, like, just be honest.

I don't know why I'm subscribe again, her videos are boring.

Post by Guest »

At this point she buys and returns or buys and sells for video content. Nothing authentic about her passion for anything except views.

courtofowls
Learner
Learner

Post by courtofowls »

Chichibangbang wrote: At this point she buys and returns or buys and sells for video content. Nothing authentic about her passion for anything except views.
I think she probably gets a buzz from making a new purchase too, but apart from that I don't feel the passion she claims to have.

xxnjlove
Informer
Informer

Post by xxnjlove »

i just watched her q&a . honestly i dont like the way she answers some of her questions. kind of smug if you ask me,

wordydaysjazzynights
Debater
Debater

Post by wordydaysjazzynights »

I have waited a good two years for her to have a gossip thread, lol. I know she isn't the worst luxury youtuber, but the way this woman buys and sells handbags is nutty. And buys and sells the same bag style over and over.

Post by Guest »

I can't watch the whole video but she seems to be miffed about being asked questions....then why have a Q&A :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Another bag re-purchase! :roll:
She's tired of filming the unboxing processs...you don't have to film anything lady! :FU:

Namima
Learner
Learner

Post by Namima »

She doesn't have much of a personality to have a YouTube channel or vlog, she's kinda boring and smug. She always looks so miserable and grumpy. She needs to change up her filming area ... you're a luxe YouTuber sitting next to your printer ... c'mon make an effort

xxnjlove
Informer
Informer

Post by xxnjlove »

Namima wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:55 pm
She doesn't have much of a personality to have a YouTube channel or vlog, she's kinda boring and smug. She always looks so miserable and grumpy. She needs to change up her filming area ... you're a luxe YouTuber sitting next to your printer ... c'mon make an effort
she does make an effort!!! remember she goes into the office early morning to record

/s

Post by Guest »

Following; didn’t realize she had a thread!!!
Namima wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:55 pm
I haven’t watched her in at least a year, but you described her exactly. She comes off as soooooo cold. I don't care for bubbly personas but she’s definitely not the warmest or friendliest person and I find her attitude kinda offputting.

Also, what exactly is her style? She buys and sells so much.

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

I've been wondering if her husband is significantly older than her because that hand in one of her stories looked WRINKLY. She is giving me trophy wife vibes big time
Btw the new Chanel backpack is UGLY

Post by Guest »

No way this is brand new...it has a deep-set wonky wrinkle...it will be returned for sure.

Lucfly13
Learner
Learner

Post by Lucfly13 »

green_eyez19 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:21 am
I've been wondering if her husband is significantly older than her because that hand in one of her stories looked WRINKLY. She is giving me trophy wife vibes big time
Btw the new Chanel backpack is UGLY
She has an early pic on Insta showing her newly painted offices - when you zoom in you can see the construction company name. CKL San Jose.

It appears the owner of this business is in his 60's. It is says business started in mid 80's. 408 would be in her mid 40's I'd say - so too young to have started her own company at that point.

I'd say (while she loves promoting the whole boss lady vibe) she's jumped on board to work in hubby's existing, successful business.

I used to like her no nonsense approach but agree that the Q&A came across as being a bit smug & full of herself. She certainly spends a lot of time setting up staged Insta pics for someone who is full of confidence & doesn't give a toss about what people think. Instagtam is all about people seeking validation when they do it in this show n tell format (ie BMW steering wheel carefully placed behind shot of the bag, etc).

Return to “F-J”