Been thanked: 0

Re: James and the Giant Ego - James Charles: Part 3

Post by -+rollinginmygrave+- »

ballys404 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 am
James charles be like
UNLEASH YOUR INNER SCAM ARTIST
this is absolutely not funny, delete this or my lawyer will be in contact
you can find me lurking on the makeup guru forums, in bed, with my roller skates on. :tu:

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

My thoughts on this whole mess:

I would love to see prices of tickets to other Youtubers’ tours or even masterclasses, which are the closest comparable things I can think of (though I’m sure you get waaaaaay more for your money in both of those things). That way we’d have a closer idea of just how ridiculously exorbitant his prices are.

The infant thing.....just wow. That right there is all you need to see how greedy he is.

I agree that he can still turn a profit by lowering his prices. I’m sure he’s marked it way up.

I definitely agree with the sentiment, “Well he’s not making people buy the tickets.” But while that’s true, he KNOWS people are going to spend that coin so for me that’s where the issue lies.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabs123
Informer
Informer

Post by zabs123 »

I’m honestly so tired of James and his constant drama. I hate the fact that he doesn’t own up to his mistakes and tries to make excuses for everything. At this point his tour is all about greed and money rather than actually wanting to meet any of his fans. However I was looking through twitter and surprisingly i saw quite a few people calling him out and it’s understandable. Most of his fans are young and in school and would not be able to afford $500 just to meet him. With the ticket prices he should have anticipated the backlash. However I am expecting him to sell out because i swear these young twitter and insta fans are delusional.

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

zoeyisqueen wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:15 pm
F55A7788-949F-4A5A-9430-C05BAE8F600C.jpegHe’s going nuts. Tweeting they have to make a profit.

OR GIVE A SHIT ABIUT YOUR FANS AND NOT BE GREEDY AS FUCK

if he doesn’t change that parent rule I think this tour will bomb
Girl that's such a bullshit excuse. It's just pure greed at this point.

-+rollinginmygrave+-
Learner
Learner

look. i understand business. i know you have to make a profit. but based on the calculations that many others have made (ty to the person who included those screenshots of the money estimates :D you rock) there is NO WAY that they are that tight on money. this is greed, they arent trying to make the tickets as low as possible in order to make even a bit of profit. they will have maybe even a million in profits, even after they deduct the fees. this is gross. and the infant thing is gross too. theres no way this cant put even a tiny dent in james' image. i hope this is the last straw for everyone
you can find me lurking on the makeup guru forums, in bed, with my roller skates on. :tu:

CASSXIES
Learner
Learner

Post by CASSXIES »

Because I was curious... went and checked out how much Rhett and Link were charging for their tour M&G. GMM has 15M subscribers and is still less than half the amount that James is charging in an equally sized venue. He's really got no excuses?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

do we know what his face looked like before he puffed it with fillers? he's going for a grace jones and cher vibe... which is fine, but those real queens did it first and better!
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

-+rollinginmygrave+-
Learner
Learner

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:26 am
do we know what his face looked like before he puffed it with fillers? he's going for a grace jones and cher vibe... which is fine, but those real queens did it first and better!
here ya go! Image

i think most of it is lip filler.

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

Eh, $245 is still a lot for a VIP ticket but
Offtopic: I go off of what I paid for Christmas Queens 2 back in 2016, bought me and mom two VIP tickets and it came to £210 and we got a good hour to chat with all 8 queens but prices have probably changed since then. Even now, the most I pay for a M&G is £25-£50
It's just all seems really scummy.

emilynxlan
Learner
Learner

Post by emilynxlan »

okay-sis wrote:Eh, $245 is still a lot for a VIP ticket but
Offtopic: I go off of what I paid for Christmas Queens 2 back in 2016, bought me and mom two VIP tickets and it came to £210 and we got a good hour to chat with all 8 queens but prices have probably changed since then. Even now, the most I pay for a M&G is £25-£50
It's just all seems really scummy.
Lady Bunny’s current tour was like £40 for a VIP cabaret seating M&G ticket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

-+rollinginmygrave+- wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 am
fizzwizz12 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:26 am
here ya go! Image

i think most of it is lip filler.
thank you kindly!
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I was admittedly a very spoiled tween/teen. My parents would (and did) spend $500 on makeup or for me to go on a trip or to see someone I was a fan of, but I don't think I would've been able to convince them to let me spend that money on this. Idk, maybe parents today would allow it, but I love youtube and makeup, and I'm surely younger than the parents of today's crop of spoiled teens, but I wouldn't buy those VIP tickets for my kid if I had one. I'm skeptical that these are priced at the optimal amount to sell out and maximize profits. But maybe he really didn't want to do a meet and greet so this is the only price that makes it worth it to him? The whole thing is cringe tbh. I'm just imagining this narcissistic fantasy he has for this show, singing and acting like a diva. He's a completely average, nerdy looking kid with limited charm and Internet only social skills. I legit don't get it tbh, but obviously he has devoted fans. I just have no faith in this kid being able to put on a halfway decent show. He can entertain people by making cheapo makeup videos and starting shit on twitter, but can he put on a show worth paying for? I highly doubt it.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Woah is that *actually* him?!? Are you kidding me???
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:37 am
right?

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

milanese15 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 am
I was admittedly a very spoiled tween/teen. My parents would (and did) spend $500 on makeup or for me to go on a trip or to see someone I was a fan of, but I don't think I would've been able to convince them to let me spend that money on this. Idk, maybe parents today would allow it, but I love youtube and makeup, and I'm surely younger than the parents of today's crop of spoiled teens, but I wouldn't buy those VIP tickets for my kid if I had one. I'm skeptical that these are priced at the optimal amount to sell out and maximize profits. But maybe he really didn't want to do a meet and greet so this is the only price that makes it worth it to him? The whole thing is cringe tbh. I'm just imagining this narcissistic fantasy he has for this show, singing and acting like a diva. He's a completely average, nerdy looking kid with limited charm and Internet only social skills. I legit don't get it tbh, but obviously he has devoted fans. I just have no faith in this kid being able to put on a halfway decent show. He can entertain people by making cheapo makeup videos and starting shit on twitter, but can he put on a show worth paying for? I highly doubt it.
he's the nsync, britney, backstreetboys of today. it'll pass like everything does.
but, those tickets are grossly overpriced, just to stand in a line and see some human disco ball from a distance.

jackarsehillbilly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by jackarsehillbilly »

I didn't go to too many concerts. Saw Maroon 5 and Panic! At The Disco, but I went to loads of baseball and hockey games (actually just bought Toronto Blue Jays tickets last night). My seats, right behind 3rd base, were $76. I'm in an optimal range to catch a foul ball. People paying for James' concert are in opitmal range to... shatter their eardrums with his offkey singing?

fizzwizz12

Re:

Post by fizzwizz12 »

jackarsehillbilly wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 am
I didn't go to too many concerts. Saw Maroon 5 and Panic! At The Disco, but I went to loads of baseball and hockey games (actually just bought Toronto Blue Jays tickets last night). My seats, right behind 3rd base, were $76. I'm in an optimal range to catch a foul ball. People paying for James' concert are in opitmal range to... shatter their eardrums with his offkey singing?
haha, shattered eardrums, blinded eyes. can you imagine the assault on the nose too?

-+rollinginmygrave+-
Learner
Learner

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 am
WORDSALAD wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:37 am
right?
lol ikr. of course his nose looks a bit bigger because his face is being stretched but he definitely took up a skincare routine, got lip filler, maybe a bit on the face too, and changed his hair. the after photo is obviously facetuned to hell :roll: but even without it he still looks a lot different than before

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i wonder how much his personality changed with his appearance. i wonder if he still has his original friends or if he lost them when he got his
tube fame.

he really is a statistic haha. and that filler isn't going to do him any favors in the long run. i would love to see rupaul or any other real queen put him in his place.

-+rollinginmygrave+-
Learner
Learner

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:13 am
i wonder how much his personality changed with his appearance. i wonder if he still has his original friends or if he lost them when he got his
tube fame.

he really is a statistic haha. and that filler isn't going to do him any favors in the long run. i would love to see rupaul or any other real queen put him in his place.
facts! and i think it did. in his reallyyy old youtube videos where he still wore glasses and looked just like the before pic, he seemed more humble. or maybe he's always been an a-hole but doesnt care to hide it anymore :roll:

Return to “James Charles”