Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

Post by ChicagoFlavoredPetty »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:23 am
unodon wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:18 pm
LMAO It's funny she thinks she needs to be on camera to run off her mouth when she does it all the time on twitter. Just admit you wanna monetize your friend's controversy and be done with it.

OOH can't wait for Jen to 'spill' - which of course, she won't. It must be painful sitting on that fence Jen!

Tina is from 'TheFancyFace'. From an article I found online by Stephanie Lane S - after Marlena's influencer video went out: "Marlena then focuses on several other examples of backlash against last year’s “truth” video, beginning with Tina Fancy Face, who has publicly criticized Makeup Geek for not sponsoring brand trips for influencers, as well as accusing Stell of copying off of her videos. (Her very original idea, by the way, is something called “car chats,” which is exactly what it sounds like.) The other is an unnamed influencer with a smaller following who had been paid $100 by Makeup Geek in exchange for a photo of a contour swatch. In the aftermath of Stell’s “My truth” video, the unnamed influencer issued a public call-out of Makeup Geek, claiming they were exploited. Stell alleges this influencer also made legal threats, requesting a settlement of $60k. Melrae Segal, who posted a video about being “scammed” by Makeup Geek last fall, compared Stell to Bill Cosby before tweeting about her plans to make a response video"

Got to stick up for Marlena though - veering 'offtopic' - she could not afford 'brand trips' like the bigger brands. The influencers got paid in tonnes of makeup instead...and designer bags on special occasions.
JFC I don't even know who Melrae is but they sound like an absolute idiot. Comparing Marlena to an actual rapist is fucking disgusting.

lmntt
Talker
Talker

Post by lmntt »

her makeup is so yellow-ish and weird in her video and the lipstick is making her teeth look even more yellow... my god .. her skills are horrible

CallistaS
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by CallistaS »

Her Fab Fit Fun video is weird. What is up with the bizarre voices and faces and dramatic pauses? Why can't she just be normal? I haven't watched her in years and she's just become this exaggerated version of her earlier self. You can tell she thinks she is hilarious doing that. She also is very almost... lectury when she talks. Like she googled stuff so somehow she's an expert. It's so rambly and not really informative.

Also what happened to her skin? She used to look super youthful. She looks like she smokes or sunbathes or something because she's aged so much.

Strangely the clip on her iphone where she is super informal is the best part. She's much more relatable and likeable like that.

trash panda
Talker
Talker

Post by trash panda »

Josie888 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:19 pm
Someone in the live chat Sunday was saying that brands asking for what skin tone you are so they can send the appropriate products is "racial profiling". Um....what?
I hope that was a joke! :?

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

Josie888 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:39 pm
trash panda wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:54 pm
Josie888 wrote:
Someone in the live chat Sunday was saying that brands asking for what skin tone you are so they can send the appropriate products is "racial profiling". Um....what?
Didn't sound like it. Jen started laughing a bit and then (of course she did) apologized so as to not offend anyone by laughing at something completely ridiculous. She actually had to explain that it's about sending products that work for your skin tone, not anything racist. I mean.... wow.
Definitely not joking- someone else said something like "are you suggesting companies create racial categories for their PR list?"

The Collective Brain of Woke Outrage.

trash panda
Talker
Talker

Post by trash panda »

whydoicare67 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:02 pm
Josie888 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:39 pm
trash panda wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:54 pm
Josie888 wrote:
Didn't sound like it. Jen started laughing a bit and then (of course she did) apologized so as to not offend anyone by laughing at something completely ridiculous. She actually had to explain that it's about sending products that work for your skin tone, not anything racist. I mean.... wow.
Definitely not joking- someone else said something like "are you suggesting companies create racial categories for their PR list?"

The Collective Brain of Woke Outrage.
Wow. I'm stunned by the stupid! This all sounds like an SNL skit or some other parody.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

What's Jen tweeting about? It seems she's got under some people's skin!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

ooh she's upset Sam........

Post by Guest »

That’s hilarious. If I recall correctly, she had lots to say when people were warning her about befriending the drama channel clique.

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

In Petty Paige's video about the new JH palette she calls Jen things like (paraphrasing these) "Jen Luvs Inserting Herself in Drama," and "Jen Luvs Creating Drama with Brands" and other things like that. I found the PP video kind of jarring because she was incredibly negative, but the part I liked was her calling Jen out. I'll be honest, part of me wants to like Jen, I mean the JH palette thing was a fantastic move for her, but she's sooooooooo fake I just can't.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

I didn't watch her when she was still teaching but she seems like she's regressed even within a couple years or so.
Twitter looks like it's become a total cesspool. A bunch of mean girls pointing fingers, and she's so self righteous in the middle of it.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ Tell you something, I'm glad she's not teaching any more. I bet it was like the blind leading the blind.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

ChicagoFlavoredPetty
Talker
Talker

Post by ChicagoFlavoredPetty »

The only times I've seen this chick is on Wokey Chin's channel, and now her video on the whole Morphe/JH palette mess. I just figured she was a drama channel because you have to be a petty fake whoke in order to be friends with Smokey of all people.

I watched her "aftermath" live stream and got really annoyed that Jen said she didn't care about all of the other ingredients that got changed; it was the CARMINE that was the worst and the allergens weren't as important as the vegans (also clarified she wasn't vegan). Lmao ok sis.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I avoid her because she seems really in love with the sound of her own voice to be perfectly honest... like "hi hello your moral saviour is here, but also don't expect me to make waves because I'm too NiCe for ThAt".

Anyway I just gotta say it stood out to me like a sore thumb that when her buddy Marlena Stell fucked up royally, she was like "yeahhh my friend didn't make the best decision, but look at everyone around her CAUSING her to be able to do it and also here's all the reasons why it's okay!" and then when there's something with Jaclyn Hill "Well FIRST OF ALL m'am, I respectfully ask you to explain yourself as per paragraph 6a of my essay on why I'm all about the facts".

She's so full of shit. Don't pretend to be factual and unbiased and nice when you're as allergic to self-reflection as the people you talk shit about.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Lurk Err
Debater
Debater

Post by Lurk Err »

ChicagoFlavoredPetty wrote:The only times I've seen this chick is on Wokey Chin's channel, and now her video on the whole Morphe/JH palette mess. I just figured she was a drama channel because you have to be a petty fake whoke in order to be friends with Smokey of all people.

I watched her "aftermath" live stream and got really annoyed that Jen said she didn't care about all of the other ingredients that got changed; it was the CARMINE that was the worst and the allergens weren't as important as the vegans (also clarified she wasn't vegan). Lmao ok sis.
Some people are allergic to Carmine. I don’t use products with carmine and I would be raging if I was lied to like that. But, yeah allergies are pretty important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurk Err
Debater
Debater

Post by Lurk Err »

DaylightAmy wrote:I avoid her because she seems really in love with the sound of her own voice to be perfectly honest... like "hi hello your moral saviour is here, but also don't expect me to make waves because I'm too NiCe for ThAt".

Anyway I just gotta say it stood out to me like a sore thumb that when her buddy Marlena Stell fucked up royally, she was like "yeahhh my friend didn't make the best decision, but look at everyone around her CAUSING her to be able to do it and also here's all the reasons why it's okay!" and then when there's something with Jaclyn Hill "Well FIRST OF ALL m'am, I respectfully ask you to explain yourself as per paragraph 6a of my essay on why I'm all about the facts".

She's so full of shit. Don't pretend to be factual and unbiased and nice when you're as allergic to self-reflection as the people you talk shit about.
She’s so fucking holier than thou and biased as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

...Do we all think she is going to make a video on the COVID-19 virus like she's an expert?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

lmao she uploaded one today!

Why does it sound like she constantly needs to clear her throat lately?

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I had forgotten about Jen. I need to check out this Covid-19 video. I want to see her being an expert on something
else that she doesn’t know crap about!

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

What's to be said that hasn't already? I cannot understand her. Capitalizing on an epidemic is low.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

Return to “F-J”