Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

Post by LiddlePallid »

I think she still reads here but she's said she won't respond to anyone anymore because nobody liked her being in here lol

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 am
I think she still reads here but she's said she won't respond to anyone anymore because nobody liked her being in here lol
Lmao! Imagine that "trash a guru"..did she quit her teaching job?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah, a while ago. She mentioned it in that video she did recently about Candles By Victoria and her "collab" with them lol

TeaSipper829
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TeaSipper829 »

Does anyone know why she had to take down the What's up in Makeup vid from yesterday? She says for reasons she can't speak about publicly. I didn't watch, just wondering if anyone saw it that may has some clue as to the reason why.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

^^I watched the whole thing, I'm trying to think what have been controversial for her... hmm. There was a big segment/discussion of a brand called War Paint which is a makeup line marketed towards men. And she talked about Bad Habit being gone and being replaced, possibly, by new brand Alter Ego. And she said she was in contacts with someone from that company, so maybe one of those brands filed something against her for defamation??? As far as I recall, there was no discussion of James/Tati drama, and the rest was all just the usual sales/new releases. So really I think War Paint / Alter Ego beauty hit her with something.

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

^^ Since she said she was contacted by Alter Ego, it wasn't them. I don't see where Hush would have a problem. The War Paint thing is interesting...I feel like she was mainly quoting other people, though, so... She did use another YouTuber's video in that segment- maybe they copyrighted her? Isn't it sad I can't remember what she talked about, and I watched the whole thing?

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

People on r/BGCr are speculating that she may have shown unauthorized early images of a product (possibly a Fenty release, since they're very strict about leaks getting publicized, or the upcoming Natasha Denona Sunrise palette)—I unsubbed a while back and didn't catch the WUIM in question, so I don't know if she mentioned or showed anything like that. Or did she just wade into some ill-advised drama (again)?
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:34 am
Yeah, a while ago. She mentioned it in that video she did recently about Candles By Victoria and her "collab" with them lol
Shes such a liar...that was her intent all along and she knows it...her determination was greed at completely obvious, from the top..she knows Jack shit about cosmetics....she alienates her viewers the same way she did her students.....clearly.....why she left that. Thank you for the 411. :tu:

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

^^ She left teaching 3 years ago, and made a video about it nearly 3 years ago. Is it supposed to be news??

CrunchyBubbles
Learner
Learner

Post by CrunchyBubbles »

Kcat89 wrote:^ Of course! Here's the reasoning:

ICYMI, Makeup Minutes are done. Dead. Finito.

She says she doesn't care about views per video, but she does because she's axing the MM which has her lowest views. She says the YT algorithm doesn't like short videos, it's not including ads, or the ads are too long, and they get a bad watch to subscriber ratio... and basically the low views are dragging down her visibility. She also wants to stop pushing new releases, declutter a bunch, and only get the PR she wants, and focus on her eco-footprint.

She is keeping the Sunday WUIM. She might bring special 'breaking news' short episodes if there's something really big, or put them on another platform someday (ha, yah right).

There was no mention of Tab... but I have suspicions that Jen is trying to get rid of her.

TLDR She's not making as much money from MM as she wants, so she's getting rid of them.
Wait, so now she is going to try to copy Samantha Ravndahl because it was well received? Image Won't happen because she is too desperate for attention. She won't give up PR. She wants to use catch phrases like "carbon footprint" and she has no idea what that even means. She may choose not to show every PR item she gets from all these no name companies or how level brands, but she won't give up the attention. And she won't change up other areas of her life that would *really* have affect on her and her family's carbon footprint.

As for her and Tab...I do know they have some issues behind the scene. Tab has told other group admin that she is frustrated with Jen and her lack of motivation. She is also not fond of Jen's continued chatting about the drama between other influencers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

^^ Yah.. the way she said it, she only wants to receive PR products that she actually wants to review or interests her. Well wouldn't we all want to receive what we personally want for free!!? So unlike what she says, she really only wants to review products that she wants, not what her audience wants her to review. I understand that she can't review everything she's given, and not everything is super interesting, but then just pass it on!!

Especially since she's killed the makeup minute, I think she's trying to re-brand to an eco-focused, low-buy, panner type channel since that's what's 'in' right now in her level of the beauty community. She's just hoppin on the ol' bandwagon.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah but she never got much in terms of PR anyway. I always thought that was odd because people who don't even necessarily do makeup reviews are on these PR lists lmao.

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

Kcat89 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:49 am
^^ She left teaching 3 years ago, and made a video about it nearly 3 years ago. Is it supposed to be news??
It was an A and B conversation....C your way out.... :tu:

As I stated, she swore up and down she wouldn't, but she did pretty quickly... shes played the I review what I like card forever...Its clearly a lie. Last I checked, this is the "Trash" section.

By all means, carry on, hon. Those chips get heavy. :roll:

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

TacyCollini wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:48 am
Kcat89 wrote:

As I stated, she swore up and down she wouldn't, but she did pretty quickly... shes played the I review what I like card forever...Its clearly a lie. Last I checked, this is the "Trash" section.

Um... ok.

If it's an A and B conversation, maybe you should C your way to the DMs if you want a private conversation. All I did was answer a question that was asked on a public forum, and provide the approximate time she left teaching. I asked if her leaving teaching was news because I thought it was common knowledge about Jen - and that she no longer claims to be a teacher - but I thought maybe someone heard something from her on the contrary.

And yes, I do realize this is a 'trash' section, in what way was I raving about Jen?

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

Kcat89 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:46 pm
TacyCollini wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:48 am
Kcat89 wrote:

Um... ok.

If it's an A and B conversation, maybe you should C your way to the DMs if you want a private conversation. All I did was answer a question that was asked on a public forum, and provide the approximate time she left teaching. I asked if her leaving teaching was news because I thought it was common knowledge about Jen - and that she no longer claims to be a teacher - but I thought maybe someone heard something from her on the contrary.

And yes, I do realize this is a 'trash' section, in what way was I raving about Jen?

This was addressed to liddlepallid, a moderator aka " super exactutive", she was nice enough to of replied, for which I responded ...you know a conversation.....but I guess you missed that, or maybe you feel you're more important....I'm guessing the latter...by all means, keep going. :roll:

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Don't argue guys - Jen's thread seems to derail a lot and go off topic with people arguing. Yes she quit her teaching job years ago, but I'm sure not everyone knew about it. All I did was answer and say yeah she mentioned it in a video. No need to argue about it xoxo

palettejunkie890
Lurker
Lurker

Post by palettejunkie890 »

Damn, it's been a minute since I've posted here. Hi all!

If there really is drama with Tab behind the scenes, I wonder how Jen will handle it if she leaves. Cause Tab is basically the one that runs the facebook group and writes all her scripts right? Jen would be lost without her. Although, Tab is a control freak with seemingly no life so I doubt that would happen but still. Interesting to speculate about....

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Tab does a TON of the work for her. I think Jen would be lost if she left lol

QWERTY af
Talker
Talker

Post by QWERTY af »

54F0B234-7DDC-4FB7-BD31-D254BF987DAF.png
Oh no, how ever will this ex subscriber carry on without jen’s totally original top 20 list and list of largely discontinued bad products everyone and their mother already knew sucked?? She seems to tweet this type of thing pretty often. She gets to shade the person who wasn’t 100% team Jen and also bask in the glow of her stan’s compliments in the replies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

QWERTY af
Talker
Talker

Post by QWERTY af »

Josie888 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:19 am
QWERTY af wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:22 pm
54F0B234-7DDC-4FB7-BD31-D254BF987DAF.png

Oh no, how ever will this ex subscriber carry on without jen’s totally original top 20 list and list of largely discontinued bad products everyone and their mother already knew sucked?? She seems to tweet this type of thing pretty often. She gets to shade the person who wasn’t 100% team Jen and also bask in the glow of her stan’s compliments in the replies
I'm also a long-time subscriber to Jen who recently unsubscribed. That comment is one of the reasons why. She's been getting (or showing it more) more conceited and holier-than-thou in the past couple of years.
Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people are turned off by her Twitter. I see her backhanded comments all over her own and other people’s tweets and it’s very offputting. I recently started watching beauty videos again after like a year break. I loved hers before, but her attitude on Twitter is what’s stopped me from subscribing again

Return to “F-J”