Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

CrunchyBubbles
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

Post by CrunchyBubbles »

Green Eyed Gemini wrote:LMAO the shill for makeup geek has started y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn, even earlier than I expected. Image She is apparently now on their PR list because they don't launch until tomorrow. I don't understand how people can not see through the fakeness.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

Nice of Jen to start crying for teachers and students she left behind so she could sit in her PJs all day and make sub-par makeup videos for the internet :roll: It is a hard and stressful job, as are many other jobs, but I'm not believing this boo-hoo act when 10% goes to the school and 5% goes to her channel. I would rather just donate the $22 to the school than get that candle, of which the school would only get $2.20.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Kcat89 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:07 pm
Nice of Jen to start crying for teachers and students she left behind so she could sit in her PJs all day and make sub-par makeup videos for the internet :roll: It is a hard and stressful job, as are many other jobs, but I'm not believing this boo-hoo act when 10% goes to the school and 5% goes to her channel. I would rather just donate the $22 to the school than get that candle, of which the school would only get $2.20.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

If she cared that much about the bairns, she would still be teaching them!!
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

CrunchyBubbles
Learner
Learner

Post by CrunchyBubbles »

Josie888 wrote:Her brand collab is................candles?!?

Not just any candles - candles that will make a huge mess when they melt. It’s cool that she’s giving back to her school, though. But - candles?
It feels like a fundraiser more than a collab it doesn't appear she had any input on the scents? And she is the one that contacted them. They didn't contact her.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Oh I feel you, believe me I do. (Believe it or not I have done it in various forms myself).

But I'm not doing it any more because the rewards I got from the people were not ENOUGH to combat all that other crappy stuff. I'm just not passionate enough about teaching to stay there and battle through all the shit. (I taught mostly in colleges and at uni so it's a little different for me I'm sure, but the bureaucracy is totally the same).

I'd wager it's the same for Jen. I mean yeah, ok, this doesn't mean she doesn't care about her students. It DOES mean she doesn't care enough.

But the main point is the cashola. It always bothers me when people use buying a product to donate to charity. Just make a direct donation FFS. Better for the charity (or the school or whatever it is), better for the environment, and better for transparency in general. (Also better for not making us barf when the company tries to make out they're doing it out of the goodness of their hearts when they're only donating a tiny portion of the profits).
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^ In Jen's case she could just have done a fundraiser on her channel (asking directly for donations) rather than go through a middleman. Would've probably earnt more money for them.

greencrystal2007
Learner
Learner

Post by greencrystal2007 »

I applaud her for raising money for a school. I find education to be the #1 most important thing for kids. However, I did find a few things a little troubling about this 'collab'.

1. "I reached out to Candles by Victoria". SHE reached out to the brand. I do not agree with this. I feel like it is on a brand to reach out if they are actively seeking people to work with. This shows a little desperation. It goes back to her begging all the larger YTers to collab with her, too...

2. "5% of sales will go to support my channel". I feel like maybe she was looking for a way to get more money for the channel, reached out to the candle company and had to include the school to make it look more legit?

3. This feels like a fundraiser/charity, NOT a collab. A collab to me means her face is on the website and her name is on the product. This is not a collab.

4. IT'S CANDLES....on a beauty channel. I am still trying to see the connection here...maybe she emailed hundreds of companies and they were the only ones who responded?

greencrystal2007
Learner
Learner

WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:41 pm
^^ In Jen's case she could just have done a fundraiser on her channel (asking directly for donations) rather than go through a middleman. Would've probably earnt more money for them.
agreed! Plus I feel a little better giving directly to the school versus a 3rd party or her paypal..

greencrystal2007
Learner
Learner

CrunchyBubbles wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Josie888 wrote:Her brand collab is................candles?!?

Not just any candles - candles that will make a huge mess when they melt. It’s cool that she’s giving back to her school, though. But - candles?
It feels like a fundraiser more than a collab it doesn't appear she had any input on the scents? And she is the one that contacted them. They didn't contact her.

THIS! :tu:

CrunchyBubbles
Learner
Learner

Post by CrunchyBubbles »

greencrystal2007 wrote:
WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:41 pm
agreed! Plus I feel a little better giving directly to the school versus a 3rd party or her paypal..
Yeah the PayPal thing is sketchy AF.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

greencrystal2007 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:08 pm
2. "5% of sales will go to support my channel". I feel like maybe she was looking for a way to get more money for the channel, reached out to the candle company and had to include the school to make it look more legit?
THIS is my main point of contention. Is it a collab or a fundraiser? You can't have both without looking disingenuous.

If you wanna do a collab, do a collab. (Even if you have to go begging for someone to do it with you 😂).

If you wanna do a fundraiser, do a fundraiser. You are not (and your collaborater is not) a massive brand who will make millions of dollars for the charity/school even if they're still taking the lion's share of the profits for themselves. And it's bad enough when they try to justify making money off a charity venture even though they are potentially making a huge donation at the end. It just makes you as a relatively normal person look greedy tbh (like those arses who decide to do a sponsored bike ride to China.... and pay for their travel and hotel costs out of the donations.....). Why can't you give ALL your cut to the school Jen?

Cause you wanna make money. Nothing wrong with that- but don't use a worthwhile cause to encourage people to buy shit so YOU can earn cash.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Josie888 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 pm
Holy moly. Her subscriber count is really jumping up there. She used to get double digits everyday, and now she's consistently getting triple digits and sometimes quadruple digit subscribers everyday. Wow.
So it worked 🙄🙄

Am I just being a bad jaded person here for being so cynical?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Lol she's literally treating her YT career like political campaigning.

Hey...maybe I should give her more credit.

Just wait till she starts kissing other YTers' babies (long overdue visit to Emily Noel?) and helping them with the volunteer duties at their grandparents' care homes 😂

Oh lord. Here comes steamship shill ready for another passenger.

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm
Kcat89 wrote:

Totally off topic, but the word “bairns “ made me think of the tv show Vera!
Typo’s Happen :tu:

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:24 pm
greencrystal2007 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:08 pm
THIS is my main point of contention. Is it a collab or a fundraiser? You can't have both without looking disingenuous.

If you wanna do a collab, do a collab. (Even if you have to go begging for someone to do it with you 😂).

If you wanna do a fundraiser, do a fundraiser. You are not (and your collaborater is not) a massive brand who will make millions of dollars for the charity/school even if they're still taking the lion's share of the profits for themselves. And it's bad enough when they try to justify making money off a charity venture even though they are potentially making a huge donation at the end. It just makes you as a relatively normal person look greedy tbh (like those arses who decide to do a sponsored bike ride to China.... and pay for their travel and hotel costs out of the donations.....). Why can't you give ALL your cut to the school Jen?

Cause you wanna make money. Nothing wrong with that- but don't use a worthwhile cause to encourage people to buy shit so YOU can earn cash.
It reminds me of celebrities who donate 5% of profits to a charity....why bother? Might as well just ask people to donate directly.
Typo’s Happen :tu:

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

Josie888 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:45 pm
WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:42 pm
Josie888 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 pm
Holy moly. Her subscriber count is really jumping up there. She used to get double digits everyday, and now she's consistently getting triple digits and sometimes quadruple digit subscribers everyday. Wow.
So it worked 🙄🙄

Am I just being a bad jaded person here for being so cynical?
What she's doing it working, for sure. I think her traveling around and collabing with other YTers is what really started it. And occasionally I hear people call her out as someone people should follow.
I think it's the call outs from other YTers, but a lot of it is coming from 'controversial' topics. Look at the views for her Kat Von D or Jeffree Star vids, the secret to the ABH PR list, etc. And notice she has more clickbait pictures associated with these, like shaking her head or saying 'srsly!?'. I think people see these vids, subscribe, and then hardly watch anything else, since the views for her make-up minutes and regular content are about the same. But once they're subscribed, she'll pop up as recommended for all the drama talk that she 'cancelled' and wouldn't talk about, and then went back on that - she knew she was missing out on $$ by not talking about the most controversial names in beauty!

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Armywife1508 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:52 pm
WORDSALAD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm
Kcat89 wrote:

Totally off topic, but the word “bairns “ made me think of the tv show Vera!
Ya got me I'm northern. But I sound more like Sean Bean than Vera! 😉

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Yeah she cancelled them.... Before buying a truckload of their shit to review (for views)..... Whilst dissing them in drama videos (also for views). Ugh I HATE THIS HYPOCRITICAL SHIT!

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

Reading here has made me feel quite differently about Jen, that's for sure. I didn't even initially read the thread because I wanted to trash her, just because I was curious. But man, you guys have the dirt!!! That said, I do enjoy some of her videos. But the "collab" raised my eyebrows even more- I wouldn't call that a "collab"? IDK, seems really weird. Basically the candle company has agreed to cut 15% off the top of their revenues coming from Jen's subscribers- I wonder if they only agreed to do it because of the charity aspect? It's not a good deal for them at all unless they get a bunch of new repeat customers.

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Post by StuckInThe90s »

This candle “collab” feels scammy AF. And those thumbnail photos are SO cringey. What is with those bullshit, “I’m so grateful for amd humbled by this opportunity” expressions?! It’s not a collab, and they didn’t approach you. This is a money grab disguised as a charitable pursuit. Whatever, Jen.

Return to “F-J”